AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 26.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 14.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.32%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-03-13, 17:10   Link #61
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
in the preview it didnt say that the next episode is the last also
The minimalistic preview style, the "once more into the breach, dear friends, once more" speech, the fact that 24 episodes have been confirmed since several months ago...
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 17:35   Link #62
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Spoiler for Even in DRRR ep.10...:

Yeah, that line made me lol. more Misaka heroine time would be nice, but that's what Railgun's for, right? I still prefer Touma though.

But that's not important right now, this is:

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
i basicly think the whole telestina arc was fillers
Yes and no. It was at least penned by the original author, so its canon, but in the context of the manga, its filler. However, it contributes characterization so it isn't really true filler.

If you do take it as filler, you may as well take the entire of Railgun as filler too. Just a bunch of stories slotted in between events of the true story starring a side character and not even the true main characters.

But that's the cynic's point of view. I personally love both series and Misaka is one of my favourite characters.

Oh, and one last thing. LastResolve, you should really wrap those spoilers from the manga.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 17:45   Link #63
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Actually I believe you're just the perfect example of a whiner who can't be satisfied no matter how good the show/episode is.
Sigh... Instead trowing your complaints towards me, first just check my ratings for the episode(s). I'm just not happy as I was in the beginning of the series wanting for some Mikoto kicking big bads asses(I didn't care too much anymore Touma cameos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Did you skip Episodes 11 and 12? That fight was 10 times more epic then anything Index ever gave us, and it wasnt solved by preaching or Touma's magic hand, but by Mikoto going ALL OUT on that FREAKING THING while ONLY MY RAILGUN was playing!
I think some1 has selective memory here. And the fight that is coming will probably top that! Its FREAKING SATEN-SAN and she has an ALUMINIUM BAT!
Was that sarcasm? I'm going for more realistic fights where you can end with severed arms, skin being ripped off, crushed by a transport vehicle, etc. At least I want some injuries like the ones from this episode, putting the funny faces aside, thats why found this episode very good. Railgun anime is not a seinen so far, is more a slice of life in a weird place as is Academy City. Of course your mileage may vary.

@Last Resolve: Please tag your post as "spoiler".

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-13 at 18:04.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 18:18   Link #64
LastResolve

Quote:
Oh, and one last thing. LastResolve, you should really wrap those spoilers from the manga.
i dont really read the manga cuz the translators are uber slow and it kinda pisses me off : /
Old 2010-03-13, 18:42   Link #65
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
^ Seconded at slow translators.

^^Seconded at Misako getting only dirt on her from being fired at by a grenade launcher. No burns from that blown up vehicle or debris concrete hitting her?

But... that doesn't changed the fact that I loved this episode. Like a previous poster, I was awegasted when Telestina combo-knee'd the guts out of kiyama in 5 seconds, and then went crazy with the nade launcher. Bringing me to rate this a 9!!

Preview: Woah, everyones gonna get in the action now. Kongou hopefully tags along, and Satan's Bat of doom. <- Most likely gonna be the decisive winning factor in the following scuff because i'm sure there will be another capacity down waiting for the team. >=D
That or Kiyama will sabotage it and allow Misaka to rape stuff. Gogogo! Can't wait for the next episode!

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 20:02   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
i dont really read the manga cuz the translators are uber slow and it kinda pisses me off : /
Either way, wrap those spoilers in at least a tag... Though you should just delete it entirely.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 20:12   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Did you skip Episodes 11 and 12? That fight was 10 times more epic then anything Index ever gave us, and it wasnt solved by preaching or Touma's magic hand, but by Mikoto going ALL OUT on that FREAKING THING while ONLY MY RAILGUN was playing!
Sorry, but this has "overexaggerated" all over it. I don't see how a fight is "all out" when the fighter isn't even worn out at the end. She had at worst a few scratches and dirtied clothes. Touma and his "preaching" (which people are still far over-whining about, I see) and his "magic hand" gave much more "all out" fights than 11 and 12 of Railgun.

As for the episode, I'll start with the bad first:

Tele-whatever turns out to be evil? Not like anybody ever saw that coming a mile away...

And she's the granddaughter of mad-scientist guy? A bit cliche.

On top of that, she goes super-psycho with psycho-expression? Very cliche and even dumb. She'd have come off much better as a cool-ish, manipulative type like she's made herself seem up to now.

Saten's "we're all friends and we're here for you" was so corny it nearly drove me out of my mind. And there's good corny and bad corny. This was far into the later. I can already barely stand that stuff in shows like Rurouni Kenshin, and I love that series. This is definitely one area Index exceeds in; lack of bad corny-ness.

Now for the good:

Finally someone slaps sense into Uiharu. Slightly cliched in itself, but she needed it.

Good action. The power killer still seems a little hax, but I've accepted worse.

Balance that all out and it comes to about 8/10. The only thing I cringed at (although it was horrible cringing.....) was the "you have friends" speech. Ugh.
Nice episode and looking a bit forward to the next. Although I hope they don't do a corny "all the minor characters throughout the series show up for the final battle" thing. Unfortunately, it looks like that might happen to a lesser degree.

And Saten with a bat? "sighs and shakes head" That's not going to be anything more than things like Kaoru Kamiya showing up with a bokuto during Rurouni Kenshin fights as a fifth wheel and not getting anything done.
Old 2010-03-13, 20:31   Link #68
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Wow that was painfully cliche. And silly. I have so many issues with this episode I don't even know where to start. I can more or less accept the everlasting flow of delinquents oozing from every nook and cranny of the city. I'm perfectly fine with the neglected slums of level 0s. But what's with the friggin robot casually lobbing grenades at the parking lot of a hospital. I mean come on there was better law enforcement in the mad max series... this episode was nonstop fail. "Dear My Friends" kinda ruines all my expectations for episode #24 too. Oh well, fingers crossed.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 20:38   Link #69
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Telestina is evil?! No way...
Anyways, the very obvious bad guy finally reveals her true identity. It's Beatrice! Full of hilarious facial distortions and insanity!
*cackle*cackle*cackle* Misaka Mikotoooooooo!!!!

What a major disappointment for a villain.

I mean, seriously? Psycho distorted faces? Trolling a middle schooler? Spilling the beans about all your Fiendish Plans? Or how about...

TRYING TO SHOOT SAID MIDDLE SCHOOLER IN THE FACE WITH A GRENADE?!

What kind of lunatic boss battle is this?

What the hell, you stupid woman. That is not behavior fitting of a mastermind who actually plans on continuing operating in the city. You don't pull that shit unless you know shit's about to go down anyway. I was feeling Wolfenstein 3D vibes from this boss battle for some reason, too.

...Suspicious?! I'll break it down to you again, since this clearly bears repeating: GRENADE LAUNCHER. TO THE FACE. She went on a power-armor rampage in the hospital parking lot, blew up a freaking truck, and you think maybe something might be up? We gots witnesses! Mikoto, Kongo... heck, tap the whole hospital why don't you?! Or the cameras.

Authorities are so useless in Academy City. Praise be to Science.

Praise be to science babies.

And with that out of the way...

First thought: Wait, why was Mikoto standing around the office with her pants down?
Old 2010-03-13, 22:04   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Mikoto was in a hospital gown remember?

Battle shorts means she is SERIOUS.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 22:42   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Mikoto was in a hospital gown remember?
No she wasn't, she was in her normal uniform sans vest after waking up. Granted, maybe they removed her shorts too, and but you overlooked the qualifying phrase First thought (which to expand upon, had been that she had been standing around with her shorts around her ankles for reasons best left to doujinshi ).
Old 2010-03-14, 01:52   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ROFL the noob tube totally made me laugh, was so not expecting that.
and after I spent the day noob tubing on COD:MW2 getting some payback at other noob tubers.

and whoa has Miss got-alot-more-screws-missing-than-you-first-think has really got whole lot more missing than I thought, since it was plainfully obvious she was "bad" I'd guess she wasn't all quite there but damn.

oh and a baseball bat?!

.....seriously?!

.....I hope they ain't gonna make Saten pull her ability out of her arse when the going gets tough

Well apart from the little bit last ep haven't had much from my Kuroko-sama but thankfully Kongou-san filled that role, she was <3
Old 2010-03-14, 02:32   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I haven't watched the episode and it gets THIS amount of criticism? O_o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 02:41   Link #74
zero7090

Quote:
Authorities are so useless in Academy City. Praise be to Science.
Academy City is academy city
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 03:17   Link #75
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ROFL the noob tube totally made me laugh, was so not expecting that.
and after I spent the day noob tubing on COD:MW2 getting some payback at other noob tubers.
It shouldn't be considered a noob tube because it is a Milkor MGL. But what is Telestina's ability? Precognition?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 03:45   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

BEAAAAAATORIIIIICHE !! I laughed so hard when Telestina started to cackle and make troll faces all of a sudden. I thought she'd be the cool headed villain type, seeing her totally lose it like that was kind of unexpected. Her being the granddaughter of Kihara seemed sort of stupid too..."what? she's named Kihara? Let me look it up on the interweb... Oh shi- it's true, and she was the first test subject too ! IF ONLY SOMEONE HAD LOOKED HER UP EARLIER !". Of course, everything was written in her file but nothing relevant was in Kihara's...

Putting that aside, this episode was very entertaining.

YEAH I WOULD ACTUALLY ! I guess they're saving her power for the last episode. Saten with a bat, she's the one Telestina should fear
Old 2010-03-14, 06:09   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
No she wasn't, she was in her normal uniform sans vest after waking up. Granted, maybe they removed her shorts too,
Well, she was unconscious, defenseless. Maybe Kuroko convinced the others to leave her alone, unsupervised, with her "onee-sama" for a bit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 06:43   Link #78
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
BEAAAAAATORIIIIICHE !!
Ok, I watched this episode after hearing about it on some of the blogs. All of a sudden Beatrice's voice comes out of nowhere.

She's a talented VA, I couldn't tell it was the same VA from Umineko until I saw the fight scene with Ange Misaka.
Old 2010-03-14, 07:27   Link #79
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can I say now that people are treating this episode badly despite having watched 23 out of 24 episodes of Railgun? And what is with the throwing "cliche" comments everywhere? I smell the application of the "damn if they do, damn if they don't" principle.

I'm not pointing this at anyone; I'm just pissed that people blatantly harass the episode only because e.g. Telestina is a psycho instead of a cunning antagonist, Uiharu's power is a disappointment, and Misaka Mikoto made a choice that "people see as wrong".

Those people remind me of the people making fun of Masashi Kishimoto and Kubo Tite in the Naruto and Bleach manga threads respectively. >_>

EDIT: Kishi's name was Masashi. Thanks for the correction, Haak.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-03-14 at 07:57.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 07:51   Link #80
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Those people remind me of the people making fun of Musashi Kishimoto and Kubo Tite in the Naruto and Bleach manga threads respectively. >_>
*It's Masashi.

He's not a samurai. (though if he was, he'd be the coolest mangaka ever).

To be honest I agree with some of the complainers. Everyone saw Telestina being bad coming a mile a way, Telestina going Psycho and turning out to be Kihara's daughter is needless and cliche, to me. But for others it would be Tropperrific. That's the key thing here.

Anyway I don't think Saten's speech was cliche. Misaka was thinking only about doing things herself so Saten needed to remind her that she has to let her friends help. It also served s a good "pumping up before the final fight", for the audience.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote