AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 34 40.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 33.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-20, 12:52   Link #61
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You'd be surprised how often soundbanks are re-used, swapped, exchanged or downright plundered. For example, the 'Nanoha magic circle sound' is used in a lot of completely different anime as well. Hell, I'm not even sure if that sound started with Nanoha.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-12-20 at 13:32.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 14:28   Link #62
Miraluka
Banned

About Academy City... for me the answer is simple, they have the "power of money", even a Lvl.5 can't do that much against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Anti-Skill, useless?................not surprising. Since when are the non-superpower support groups ever useful in these shows?
Oh yes, yes there are... coming soon coughHoundDogscough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Looks like next episode is Skimpy Swimsuit Kuroko after all.
Are they going to use them here? awwww It was more hilarious in the trip.
God save us.....my eyes ;_;
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 15:42   Link #63
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
Pity she didn't retain any of the esper powers she got...
Except in theory all the Level upper users ought to be better placed to improve afterwards.

Now they have the memories of using the powers more efficiently and in Saten's case that she can learn a power. Belief is a significant component in power use. Before she had come to believe she didn't have one. Now she has more hope.

And they should be able to gain some insight into improving their abilities.

The reactions of other level Uppers by the way a the bit of the aftermath chapters it looks like we will loose due to them having been moved to earlier.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 15:45   Link #64
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You'd be surprised how often soundbanks are re-used, swapped, exchanged or downright plundered. For example, the 'Nanoha magic circle sound' is used in a lot of completely different anime as well. Hell, I'm not even sure if that sound started with Nanoha.
Like the Wilhelm Scream
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:01   Link #65
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
haha. i saw that the other day on cracked. i'm tempted to rewatch those movies to see if they're actually in them.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 18:29   Link #66
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yes, exactly! That's a much better example than mine.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 22:29   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That monster was crazy!! Overall, pretty good episode.

And next week we get our mandatory fan service episode too! I like the title of the episode too, it's so true.
Old 2009-12-20, 23:58   Link #68
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Listen to 12:33. It's the sound (or identical to that) of a probe warping in a building.
Your right. It does sound like a Protoss Drone teleporting a building. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2009-12-21, 00:00   Link #69
TakumiFuji

Loved this Ep gave it a 9

Best scene of the series Mikoto the use of her full power shot on the fetus.

Scene wanted to see better Kuroko finally getting prize from weak Mikoto.

Funniest scene the way Uiharu blew up from Saten's real welcome.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 09:33   Link #70
Qilin
Romanticist

I'm a bit sad that the anime leaves out Kiyama's inspiration for the Level Upper network

I still gave it a 10/10 though. No matter what anyone else says, that fight scene was epic.
Also, that fetus... Its scream is spine-chilling no matter how many times I hear it.
Old 2009-12-21, 09:37   Link #71
tsunade666

They are just isolating the story of index and railgun that's why their removing every hint that it coexist together.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 09:43   Link #72
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They are just isolating the story of index and railgun that's why their removing every hint that it coexist together.
Which I think sucks. Wouldn't be better to link them? It'd promote the series more and is always fun to see what's common between two series.
Old 2009-12-21, 09:57   Link #73
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
That moment isn't just some reference to Index.
I think of it more as a lead-in for the next major arc. If they included that part, it could have served as some pretty good foreshadowing...
Old 2009-12-21, 18:36   Link #74
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
-The chance that 'law-abiding citizens' have higher level abilities is significant, so only the particularly stupid would engage a fight with someone they don't have any information on. Analogy: In a town where a third of the residents have guns, are you really going to attempt to rob someone with a knife?
From all the thugs we've seen so far here and in Index, yes. Yes you would.

...I could have done without seeing the memories through eye thing...

I don't get why she's all "Oh there's no way you'd believe me when I tell you how to fight the Evil Fetus". Is "play this audio file" really that unbelievable when you don't have anything else to do? And considering how she made the Level Upper network in the first place? It isn't like she makes a habit of eating babies and says the only way to win is to sacrifice your right eyes.

"I-I wasn't trying to be nice, I... I just felt like it, okay? <tsun>"

Nuclear energy smells like freshly baked cookies.

But wait a minute... how the hell did she end up all the way over there--and why, considering she'd have to waste time circling around it instead of just making a beeline and easily distracting it with attacks? Let's turn this chessboard around:

There's no way witches exist!
Old 2009-12-22, 01:20   Link #75
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
The they would never have put in the sign "A sidestory of To Aru Majutsu no Index" right at the beginning of episode 1.

The way I see it, they seem to be padding things out so they can have as much fllers as possible before each major arc. So the previously removed Touma/Mikoto scene would probably be shoved in somewhere else later on. Even the removal of a big hint that leads to the next arc of Railgun may be moved for later. I can see them have Misaka visit Harumi in her cell or something and then the big reveal happens, unless they're planning to have an anime original arc then w/e. I do have some faith in JC Staff doing what I mentioned though.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:19   Link #76
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What another briliant episode. I think this episode confirms what i said about there being social pressures for Level Zero's or lower levels.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-12-22 at 07:37.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:34   Link #77
tsunade666

well their are sure pressure for them and maybe it leads to being bad. Most of the crimes in the city are done by low level to begin with and the higher level esper are contracted by the higher ups to control the riot made by lower level. That kind of system is quite natural.

As for a big reversal of the story. If they suddenly show it right after the date its been mentioned then they do an original version of them selves or rather the anime original stuff and most likely they do anime original stuffs right after this arc. And I can't seem to think that they will try to connect it to index story. If they do it will just sucks totally sucks.

And yap some on the parts of episode 12 has lots of plot holes. Like how the heck did mikoto get their before uihara and if she can go their then why does she have to left uihara. She can just drag her up. Leaving her running is for add time and climatic but it sucks. Then after that he suddenly appear in front of tentacle fetus even before uiharu again reach the anti skill. How slow can she get and how fast can mikoto go. And she's right in front of it but still let it attack the ones in the bridge. And I know she attack it to keep busy but she can just keep on attacking like what she did to drag it away but instead let it attack twice..... well forgot those parts I just like the tentacle attack part and episode 12 shows the lovable ITEM. I wish I can hear their voice now. I wonder who would do their voice.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 07:46   Link #78
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I don't get why she's all "Oh there's no way you'd believe me when I tell you how to fight the Evil Fetus". Is "play this audio file" really that unbelievable when you don't have anything else to do? And considering how she made the Level Upper network in the first place? It isn't like she makes a habit of eating babies and says the only way to win is to sacrifice your right eyes.
The only reason she's saying that is because she knows she's the villain from heir perspective. For all they know, the sound file would just reactivate her powers and then she'd go on a rampage again, or possibly it would hurt the people in comas even more. She just thinks they have no reason to trust her, and frankly they don't.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 08:34   Link #79
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
The they would never have put in the sign "A sidestory of To Aru Majutsu no Index" right at the beginning of episode 1.

The way I see it, they seem to be padding things out so they can have as much fllers as possible before each major arc. So the previously removed Touma/Mikoto scene would probably be shoved in somewhere else later on. Even the removal of a big hint that leads to the next arc of Railgun may be moved for later. I can see them have Misaka visit Harumi in her cell or something and then the big reveal happens, unless they're planning to have an anime original arc then w/e. I do have some faith in JC Staff doing what I mentioned though.
I hope this is the case too, if only because it means that Touma can make more random appearances.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 08:45   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Except in theory all the Level upper users ought to be better placed to improve afterwards.

Now they have the memories of using the powers more efficiently and in Saten's case that she can learn a power. Belief is a significant component in power use. Before she had come to believe she didn't have one. Now she has more hope.

And they should be able to gain some insight into improving their abilities.

The reactions of other level Uppers by the way a the bit of the aftermath chapters it looks like we will loose due to them having been moved to earlier.
Agree it should help level 0's since they have an ability to focus on. A bit tough when you are aiming for something as vague as 'some kind of esper ability'. Besides having had that ability even for a short time should give some encouragement of being able to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What another briliant episode. I think this episode confirms what i said about there being social pressures for Level Zero's or lower levels.
Though wasn't big on through the eye perspective it was good to show what some people were thinking. Social pressures and the kind those people put on themselves since they didn't go there to have no ability at all.