AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 48 29.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 19.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 15.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 6.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-03, 05:42   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Now this was a good start. Just got the characters in there and showed off Mikoto and Kuroko's powers. Kuroko is definitely not someone you just charge at if you expect to get anywhere. A pretty dangerous power if used the wrong way. Though Mikoto get's by just fine with pure firepower .

Just a fun first episode. Had the crazy side of Kuroko and a very cute side to Mikoto when it came to that Gekota present . Was just an episode you could have fun watching.
Old 2009-10-03, 06:23   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd like to feel up Misaka's modesty if you know what I mean-

*IS SHOT*
Perv lol. Which guy doesn't?

Seeing Kuroko like that makes me want her, but Uiharu is so cute!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 06:31   Link #63
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

too bad I hope to see accelerator here.
youz not the only one

Quote:
Seeing Kuroko like that makes me want her, but Uiharu is so cute!
the flowers make her cuter

so yeah, how many episodes is this again? 13 right?
Old 2009-10-03, 07:08   Link #64
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh, finally! Mikoto in full animated glory, and to say it was enjoyable would be an understatement.

The most ironic thing is that where I previously found the OP to be bland when it was released, right now I find it a very catchy tune to listen to... maybe it sounded better after listening to it a few times or with animated scenes. Whichever the case, I like it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I quit Index 7-8 eps in. But I found myself really enjoying that. Simple story, but good characters and relations. And drawing and animation.
Ditto. I had to be convinced by the other people here to at least watch the Accelerator arc, and ended up watching the rest in hope of more Psychic storylines. The Railgun manga always was a lot more fun to read, and that was what turned me into a fan of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And Itou Kanae (Amu in Shugo Chara) was good as the dark-haired girl.
Ah, so that's why her voice sounds so familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I've never been able to understand why people hate Kuroko's voice so much. I think her voice is great, and for me it adds to how much I already like her character.
It's the ojou-sama accent. I've never really liked that accent, but unlike the many other characters that use it at least Kuroko is not one I dislike because of it. She makes it more bearable. The scene where she stuffs the entire crepe into her mouth before rushing off to the crime scene was downright golden.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 07:34   Link #65
Mentar
Banned

Okay, this WAY exceeded my high expectations. They were shuffling the manga scenes around a bit, but to a good effect: Even if you know the story enough that you could recite it (like me), there's always something new to look forward to.

Excellent pacing, fairly good art and excellent characters, particularly Kuroko, the MVP of the Railgun franchise.

More!

9 from me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:32   Link #66
klare

so cute

but i have to ask:
- as the main character, is Mikoto a bit too strong?
- is there a main story?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:33   Link #67
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Excellent start to a series. excellent pacing, Great artwork, and favourite character in index universe as a protagonist. What I'm afraid is that the original material(the manga) hasn't has that many story yet. I hope they at least will finish the story until that part that coincide with index story(index watcher should understand which part I mentioned).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:54   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
My gosh Kuroko's voice...did she change VA or something as I don't remember her sounding so bad. Even Mikoto seems to sound a little different that before :/

But other than that it was a great start! Interesting story and hopefully one that makes more sense and less dull than Index

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:04   Link #69
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
but i have to ask:
- as the main character, is Mikoto a bit too strong?
Powerful? Yes. Too powerful? Not with the opponents she's going to face.

Quote:
- is there a main story?
Yes there is, how deep it goes is unknown even to the manga readers at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
My gosh Kuroko's voice...did she change VA or something as I don't remember her sounding so bad. Even Mikoto seems to sound a little different that before :/
Your memory is probably glorifying things, their voices are still the same.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:20   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
so yeah, how many episodes is this again? 13 right?
Well actually I just assumed it was going to be the JC Staff standard ~24. Even Slayers Revolution had ~24 episodes, just seperated into 2 13 episode seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quote:
- is there a main story?
Yes there is, how deep it goes is unknown even to the manga readers at this point.
Well, actually they're going more with an Arc-by-Arc setup with random-ish stories in-between.

And a little off-topic, but to all the complaining about Index.................I don't see it. I loved Index, and Index is far from the first anime to have big speeches and off-and-on action, and many of these animes are popular both in Japan and here. So I don't get why Index in particular gets bad cred for stuff that plenty of other series-es do, yet don't get called on it.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:21   Link #71
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

They must seem a bit lacklustre after the really lacklustre characters are gone from the screen.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:26   Link #72
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Quote:
And a little off-topic, but to all the complaining about Index.................I don't see it. I loved Index, and Index is far from the first anime to have big speeches and off-and-on action, and many of these animes are popular both in Japan and here. So I don't get why Index in particular gets bad cred for stuff that plenty of other series-es do, yet don't get called on it.
I also don't see why Index is so bad... to others Touma and Index whines are intolerable but I find them to be rather funny and interesting. In fact, Index is just another side character in the previous story and is almost a filler after her first arc.
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:46   Link #73
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaLooNz View Post
I also don't see why Index is so bad... to others Touma and Index whines are intolerable but I find them to be rather funny and interesting. In fact, Index is just another side character in the previous story and is almost a filler after her first arc.
Same here too, Touma's speeches shows his earnestness, even if corny at times, and his dynamic with Mikoto is pure win.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 16:53   Link #74
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, actually they're going more with an Arc-by-Arc setup with random-ish stories in-between.
There is a main line present in the story, even with the arc approach.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaLooNz View Post
It's not that Index is a bad show, it's that Index just doesn't speak to everyone's tastes. There's a difference In my case, what made me watch Index at first was Mikoto's Railgun. That was awesome and I hoped to see more of it, then we flowed into the save Index part of the story, which I found to be boring to the point where I quit watching after Index was saved and Touma lost his memory. Nothing was objectively wrong with Index at that point, but I just had no motivation whatsoever to continue watching.

The magic side of Index just never managed to catch me the way the scientific side did. All of the science-side arcs I watched with great joy, the magic-side arcs were still fun to watch, but they didn't hold me at the edge of my seat. So I didn't hate Index, I just found the first arc to be incredibly boring, that's all.

I couldn't really care less about the speeches. No wait, I do, I consider them one of Touma's charming points.
Old 2009-10-03, 17:00   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I rated the episode an 8/10.

It was solid, but I think people are making too much of a big deal about it at the moment.

As a watcher of Index, I can definitely say that this series is much better without our little nun. On the other hand, I did like Touma for all his preaching (Maybe I am one of thew few), as it was just entertaining.

I would definitely not mind seeing Touma more in this, but the cast of railgun seems like it can stand up by itself.

Overall, I hope we can continue with the solidness present in this introductory episode. Anything less will leave me disappointed.

EDIT: And to add a side note. I also agree that the Touma x Mikoto dynamic is sweet.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 17:23   Link #76
RedWing

Is it just me or are lesbians really over-represented in anime?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 17:24   Link #77
Midonin
Last Engage

There's nothing wrong with that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 19:45   Link #78
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I got a feeling that the new girl introduced, "Saten" will play some major part in the story or one of the upcoming arcs. I think she has some special powers or something, like Touma.
Old 2009-10-03, 20:18   Link #79
Clarste
Human

I think she's just there to represent the "normal person" side of the story. Mikoto represents the ambitions of everyone studying in the city, but that's kind of meaningless if you don't see one of those people who are awed by and sort of jealous of her.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 20:18   Link #80
typhonsentra

Besides the awesome theme song, I didn't find much to like here. Forgettable characters, over the top (Pedo-esque) fanservice, and most importantly, no real direction for where they're going with this spin-off. Why are we watching the day to day life of this side character? What does she do that's so important that it deserves her own separate series? I won't write it off quite yet but.... meh.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote