AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 00:37   Link #61
mike_s_6

Movie Information

Compilation of current existing movie information, before this thread was started, thanks mostly to /m/:

Quote:

From July’s PASH:
http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpres...009/06/23/00i/

Movie Q&A:

Q: “[What about] Tieria’s revival?”
A: He should be able to board and act with both Veda and Ptolemy* (lol)
A: If Veda is put aboard Ptolemy, then he should be able to act together with them. (lol)
Just how he’ll be revived will be very interesting.

Q: “Will that character (Graham) be involved [in the movie]?”
A: Setsuna’s final words resounded in him somehow and he grasped the key.
As a result, whether he has a “from now on” or not, I don’t know.

P94-97 Kuroda interview. VA and reader submitted Q&A.

• Characters’ names
Allelujah’s has the meaning of “blessing” and “baptism.” I still can’t talk about the origin of Tieria’s, but please look forward to [that in] the movie. Graham’s [came from] “ground” and “acre,” words denoting “earth” and “vastness.”

• Will the movie end 00?
For me personally, I intend to be done with it, but whether you could call it the end [of 00] is up to Mizushima. I think the if the director started talking about continuing in another work, it’d go on.

If the movie hadn’t been greenlit, some main characters were slated to die.

• The movie’s story has already been determined. All of the main characters will probably appear. The lead is Setsuna, of course.
Quote:

S2 Official File 6
http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpres...y-interesting/

• The five GN Drives aren’t necessarily safe.
*It seems that Mizushima is retracting his statement from a previous interview in which he said that “the five [drives] are being left alone.” It seems that the movie will be very entertaining, don’t you think?
Quote:

Newtype June 2009
http://randal.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-804.html

Mizushima and Kouga Interview in Newtype:

Kouga: [I'm ]worried about Tieria! What has happened to him?
Mizushima: Just because Tieria is asleep, doesn't mean he's dead. However upon revival, his data probably remains in Veda, and there is also a possibility of coming out in Ribbons' body.

The gist, but don't believe me 100%, wait for a better translator:
- Mizushima denies Setsu/Feldt in the main story.
- Kouga Yun rather wanted it to be romance
- When giving the flower to Setsuna, Feldt's feeling is wanting everyone to return safely. Setsuna seems to be the most in danger (or a compromise?). But it's honest feelings when saying "But Marina..."
- It's not love, for the moment. But Mizushima won't say about the future.

"SetFeldt romance is "at least at this point is" not correct.
But what happens from now on, I will not say further."
Quote:

Anime Expo 2009 Los Angeles
http://smileydays.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1402/

The movie will not be about the enlistment period.
Quote:

Newtype August 2009
http://community.livejournal.com/gundam00/817842.html

Both of them (Kouga and Chiba) seemed to enjoy designing newly the characters.

Kouga and Chiba had a long (6 hours) meeting with Kuroda to discuss the movie character design.

Movie will take place several years after the series

Kuroda is zealously writing the scenario for the movie.
Quote:

Hobby Japan August 2009 00V that was said to be linked with the movie:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1047

This month's issue has GNX-612T/AA "Superbia GN-X".
"Superbia" in Latin means "There is pride". This word in English contains "Super" meaning "the best", and from this, the name is used.

The drama part discusses the GNZ-001 "GRM Gundam" (pronounced "garm"). Billy Katagiri's point of view of the story is expounded. After the battle with the Innovades, CB concealed themselves. At around this time, he met Robert. Billy didn't want to clarify much about his cooperation with the Innovades, and then his temporary joint action with CB. However, thereupon Robert says he's interested only in MS production, and while laughing informed that he too was with CB, and Billy's worries melted away.

Billy exchanges news with Robert. It seems that the Garm Gundam is still inside the CB mothership, and will probably sooner or later discovered. And now, the CB mothership is under surveillance of the Federation, and they are progressing with the internal inspections.

After this, they forget the time and talked about Mobile Suits with great enthusiasm.
Quote:

00P Dengeki Hobby Magazine July 2009
http://mike-s-6.livejournal.com/1652.html

Possibly connected:

Innovado are produced to imitate humans, but the copying of individuals are fundamentally not practiced. Production from the gene pattern prepared beforehand is the usual method, though it is also possible to make a copy of the individual if a long time is spent.
Quote:

Complete Best Blu-ray Release, Setsuna's monologue:

http://community.livejournal.com/gundam00/814106.html

I've.
Changed.
I'm aware of [how] I've changed.
The expansion of my consciousness.
The suppression of my body's aging. {literally "the suppression of the aging process of bodily tissue" -- iirc this is the same "suppression" word used to describe the "healing suppression/inhibition" caused by red GN particle poisoning that Louise and Lasse had}
The [increased] sensitivity of my nervous system.
If I put it into numbers and words, it's those sorts of material changes that have surely occurred inside me.
But, beyond that "something" is calling out from within me.
That there is a reason that people are alive.
[And that] if I've noticed that reason, I have to push on without hesitation.
To pursue the path by which people can understand one another.
Quote:

Complete Best Blu-ray Release, Tieria's monologue:

http://community.livejournal.com/gundam00/814106.html
http://community.livejournal.com/gundam00/855250.html

--Aeolia's Plan.
First Phase.
Use Celestial Being to unite the world through an all-war uprising.
Second Phase.
In order to continue the stability of the world after integration, the assistance of the living terminal Innovados is started, with the Quantum Model Operation Processing System called "Veda". Also, the Innovados are assigned to carry on the task of quickening the advance of the Innovator, an existence that evolved for the sake of humanity dealing with outer space.
Third Phase.
While humanity is accelerated into progressing into Innovators, humanity finally advances to outer space.

It is quite a great plan.
However, it is also a theory that cannot be avoided in order for humanity to advance to outer space.
Because humanity has the tendency for dispute [literal: live coals for dispute], advancing to outer space is tied to the ruin of the species.
There is a necessity for humanity to change.
To prepare for the conversation with a different kind that will be encountered sooner or later.
5 years ago.
2307 AD.
The world was united because of the military intervention of Celestial Being, and the Earth Federation was established the following year.
However, because the Innovades and Ribbons Almark put the plan out of order, in order to correct this, we chose the path to battle against them.

2313 AD.
The New Earth Federation is established.
As it has been reset these 4 years, finally the first stage has been cleared.
Now, the plan has shifted to the second phase.
The first has already been achieved.
Humanity has achieved evolution.
A true Innovator -- through Setsuna F. Seiei.
Hereafter, humanity is to gradually accomplish evolution to becoming Innovators.
However, there is a possibility for a conflict to be caused by this.
A conflict between a human race who have evolved, and a human race who has not done so.
In order to mitigate this clash, the existence of us Innovados is indispensable.
We are an existence that was made for the evolution of mankind.
To say it frankly, we were only used, we were an existence that was obliged to be humanity's sacrificial lamb [literal: sacrificial stones].
Ribbons Almark, who disliked that kind of meaning of life, tried to lead humanity with his own hands.
Certainly, we are manufactured beings.
However, there is also a future, where we can walk together with humanity.
It is possible to become human.
I acquired this belief, after being in contact with my comrades in Celestial Being.
Understanding, comprehending each other, should be given priority above all else.

Because of misunderstandings, more misunderstanding happens.
Because of misunderstandings, we deny each other.
Misunderstandings are detested.
It is necessary, for humans to understand each other.
So then, since certainly humanity has the will to try to understand each other, they can begin to advance towards the objective, though slowly.

Soon enough, I think Veda will be liberated from the New Earth Federation government. [hmmm I remember reading from 00V about Ptolemaios being inspected by the Federation]
My expectations are that several generations might be required until the second phase is achieved.
Until the plan enters the third phase.
Until the time humanity advances to the outer space.
I think I will sleep for a short while.

...Everyone, although the disputes of the world are currently disappearing, it is nonetheless not yet perfect.
To deter the disputes in the world, Celestial Being must continue to exist, and occasionaly might also need to fight.
For that time, I am sending you all the GN Drive information that is inside Veda.
Though for a "parting gift", it's a bit dull. [LOL]

Tieria to Feldt:
Feldt, I wish that your feelings towards Setsuna will get through.

Tieria to Setsuna:
When I wake up, I look forward to meeting you again.
All for now. I also can't find the Ribbons is in the hard disk text, which I believe I translated too...
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:39   Link #62
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Responding to this, even though I know your comment is at least partially tongue-in-cheek: There are differing opinions regarding Lyle/Anew, and I'm one of the people who think the rushed speed still work for them specifically (even though I think they just need one more pre-hookup scene with better dialogue to make the transition smoother). However, it worked mainly because of Lyle's characterisation and situation (brother complex, age, "experience"), as well as Anew's blank sheet status (because acquaintance->lover is easier than friend->lover). Or for another example, Allelujah/Marie got together quickly too but that can be acceptable because in their case, they were given a romance-supporting backstory.

Setsuna's characterisation, on the other hand, IMO is ill-suited for that kind of pace. Therefore, I'm staying on skeptical side while hoping that they won't pair him up, because 90-120 minutes is something I'd rather spent on Aeolia plan/Jupiter and fights.

(Isn't this topic better for the Romance thread, though?)
I don't mind that they were compatible, I mind that they didn't show that they were compatible. I also thought Allelujah and Marie were rushed, because childhood friends -> Lovers isn't always true. It's like being forced to eat something without knowing how it was made. Even then the setup scenes were still quite weak. Though even if Setsuna isn't suited for it, that type of rush scene would still work. Because we don't know if he changed, or any of that type of character development. Your right though, that was definitely a joke. Pairing Setsuna up is speculation for the movie though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Quote:
- When giving the flower to Setsuna, Feldt's feeling is wanting everyone to return safely. Setsuna seems to be the most in danger (or a compromise?). But it's honest feelings when saying "But Marina..."
- It's not love, for the moment. But Mizushima won't say about the future.

"SetFeldt romance is "at least at this point is" not correct.
But what happens from now on, I will not say further."
Now That's Shady...
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:10   Link #63
mike_s_6

Here's my movie wishlist:

00 Quanta, despite its name, is not hax. Lots of melee battles for Setsuna.
No aliens.
sexy!female!Tieria in a decent-looking Gundam.
Graham is doing something story relevant. He is the fifth Gundam pilot.
Setsuna ends up with Gundam.
Aeolia's scientists.
Ribbons performing another mindjack.
Main story is not about Innovators vs Humans
Old 2009-08-24, 01:39   Link #64
justpassingby

what will never happen in the movie, though I hope they do:

CB finally get their punishment
Mizushima will redeem characters like Graham, Marina etc

Though I don't like 00, I still going to wait and watch the movie, just because it bears the title "Gundam" in it's name.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:53   Link #65
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Movie news flash, from Gundam Expo. Machine names:

Sources:
http://smileydays.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1614/
cosmic-era.com

Gundam 00 QUANTA

- Setsuna's machine
- Has a shield like the 00-Raiser or the left shoulder
- Has tonnes of fannels [?]. There is a scene where the fannels are being used.
- There's considerably a lot of blue in the color scheme.

GUNDAM HARUT
- Allelujah's machine
- Colored orange
- can transform
- Harut and Marut are two angels mentioned in the Qur’an. The Gundam has a visor like the Astraea and the GN Archer.

GUNDAM ZABANIYA [not sure, romanization not available]
- Lockon's machine
- The Zabaaniyah are the gardians of Hell in the Qur’an.
- Looks like a close-combat unit.
- It has a slim torso and big legs like the Virtue.
- It carries a “GN Armor lite” on its back.
- Main weapon : Double hand gun.

GUNDAM RAFAEL
- Tieria's machine
- See the Archangel Raphael.
- It has wired cannons in its fingers (like the Belphegor Gundam) and 4 cannons on its shoulders.

This thread is to discuss your expectations of the Gundam 00 Movie (due to be released in 2010) and to speculate as to what story elements will be used.

A discussion thread (with poll) will be created when the movie is actually released (AnimeSuki would consider it currently as unlicensed for the time being) so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the announced movie.
Finally! I'm so excited about the news! I missed 00 ever since i've been obsessed about 00s.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2009-08-25 at 07:27.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 01:56   Link #66
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
At the end of the credits roll (LOL):
After a while, that Gundam shot at the end of the trailer bother me... the design is a bit like Exia, but how the V-fin is drawn is reminiscent of Turn A Gundam... and then there's the alien antenna.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 02:13   Link #67
ZetranWW3

Quote:
Movie news flash, from Gundam Expo. Machine names:

Sources:
http://smileydays.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1614/
cosmic-era.com

Gundam 00 QUANTA

- Setsuna's machine
- Has a shield like the 00-Raiser or the left shoulder
- Has tonnes of fannels [?]. There is a scene where the fannels are being used.
- There's considerably a lot of blue in the color scheme.

GUNDAM HARUT
- Allelujah's machine
- Colored orange
- can transform
- Harut and Marut are two angels mentioned in the Qur’an. The Gundam has a visor like the Astraea and the GN Archer.

GUNDAM ZABANIYA [not sure, romanization not available]
- Lockon's machine
- The Zabaaniyah are the gardians of Hell in the Qur’an.
- Looks like a close-combat unit.
- It has a slim torso and big legs like the Virtue.
- It carries a “GN Armor lite” on its back.
- Main weapon : Double hand gun.

GUNDAM RAFAEL
- Tieria's machine
- See the Archangel Raphael.
- It has wired cannons in its fingers (like the Belphegor Gundam) and 4 cannons on its shoulders.

This thread is to discuss your expectations of the Gundam 00 Movie (due to be released in 2010) and to speculate as to what story elements will be used.

A discussion thread (with poll) will be created when the movie is actually released (AnimeSuki would consider it currently as unlicensed for the time being) so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the announced movie.
Damn now I'm really pumped out for the movie

Wonder if the movie would be about Innovado rebelling to human and CB. I mean one already sort of did it..... And by seeing their treatment and fate in the end -it sounds pretty plausible

PS: where can I watch that Crack Trailer?
ZetranWW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 02:21   Link #68
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
After a while, that Gundam shot at the end of the trailer bother me... the design is a bit like Exia, but how the V-fin is drawn is reminiscent of Turn A Gundam... and then there's the alien antenna.

Not to mention that the head looks so round and white I'm sooo waiting for someone to upload it on nico or on youtube...
Old 2009-08-24, 03:41   Link #69
darkprimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, to be fair, Lyle can't match Neil's prowess with the sniper rifle but Lyle is much better at close-range combat and use of GN-Pistols than Neil ever was. It'd make sense for them to build Lockon's next machine to play to Lyle's strengths, rather than Neil's.
Well he's certainly not Mr. "the man who can snipe beyond the stratosphere" like his brother Lyle's no slouch. However, he's not better than Neil in close quarters either. Ali shredded Lyle in Cherudim, while a blind in one eye Neil made Ali run away in Dynames.

Still, I think what everyone is missing about the new Gundam is the GN Armor-Lite attached to the back. Remember that the Lockon suits have always been trying to find a balance between ranged power and close quarters defense. The GN Armor-Lite is probably the latest solution to that problem that Ian came up with. I'm guessing the backpack GN Armor is gonna work like a powered version of Virtue's outer armor crossed with the GN Armor/D from Season 1. It will probably open up and lock into place over the thin torso (since they specifically mention the slim torso it probably factors into this) and provide long range firepower for sniping jobs. When it isn't needed it goes into backpack mode offering up extra thrust capacity for speed (and possibly manuverability) while not getting in the way of close quarters combat. It will also probably have either tons of missiles or some gun/shield bits. I'm hoping for the bits. Although quite honestly every last one of them could use some GN bits, not just Setsuna.
darkprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 03:44   Link #70
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Arrghh...I hope the actual 00 Quanta doesn't look like that
Old 2009-08-24, 03:52   Link #71
Tangerine

Quote:
While I'm at it, let me put the other stuff that supported the theory, though some sound downright crazy.
4. Also the anagram:
Beatrice Eigen = Tieria + Regene + CB

(or -Didier- Le Bons. Le Bons in french sounds like Ribbons)
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 05:21   Link #72
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I thought Tieria was already dead during the second season.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 05:31   Link #73
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
I thought Tieria was already dead during the second season.
He's only as "dead" as Ribbons is.
Old 2009-08-24, 05:42   Link #74
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
He's only as "dead" as Ribbons is.
you think teiria will require a haro to project his holagram? just like the meister in 00f the one with cats ears. Looks like teiria will be handleing all the long range combat
Tieria says: NERAIUTSU ZE
Old 2009-08-24, 06:23   Link #75
spazze
I'M THE REAL KAMEN RIDER!

for sd g generation combination

00 raiser + strike freedom = 00 quanta

now we have jesus f seiei
spazze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 06:48   Link #76
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
you think teiria will require a haro to project his holagram? just like the meister in 00f the one with cats ears. Looks like teiria will be handleing all the long range combat
Tieria says: NERAIUTSU ZE
I haven't read the manga itself, but haro!Tieria is very much welcome.

Also, I've only read the partial transcript of the chibi trailer right now, and it's not much. Perhaps it's more interesting to watch it :P

Quote:
It's the Meisters' free time. Allelujah tries to talk to Marie, but she doesn't talk to him. Neil's ghost appears to them again. He invited them to go to an interesting store in heaven. Lyle says he doesn't want to go yet to where his brother is [LOL], but Neil says they will return, so relax.

So they went, led by Neil. [Lyle doesn't seem to follow them?] Marie followed them. She turns around and sees someone in a Federation outfit, hiding...

They arrived at the little store, "Good Panya" [pun for Goodman + Panya (bakery) + nya (cat sound)] Neil opened the door and led them in.

They see Sergei and Holly. She cries and runs to Sergei but stops suddenly, and sees Andrei. Sergei apologizes to him.

The Meisters then go back. They brought back some bread from heaven with them and eat. Allelujah still keeps trying to talk to Marie. She is looking at a picture [the group picture?].

Trust you plays. The end.
2ch says: 5th Meister is Andrei. Anew is alive. Jupiter = heaven, a place where they get goods from. Conversations with "a different kind" is conversations with "dead people".

Isn't the video out yet? :P
Old 2009-08-24, 07:00   Link #77
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
I haven't read the manga itself, but haro!Tieria is very much welcome.

2ch says: 5th Meister is Andrei. Anew is alive. Jupiter = heaven, a place where they get goods from. Conversations with "a different kind" is conversations with "dead people".

Isn't the video out yet? :P
anew is alive? you mean in the chibi trailer or for real? she did get blown to bits and graham should be the 5th meister XD if there is one oh and about the double o quanta is the quanta short for quantum or quantumnization?
Old 2009-08-24, 07:02   Link #78
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
anew is alive? you mean in the chibi trailer or for real? she did get blown to bits and graham should be the 5th meister XD if there is one
That's just people speculating, since she's not with the Innovade group pic :P
Old 2009-08-24, 07:33   Link #79
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I also thought Allelujah and Marie were rushed, because childhood friends -> Lovers isn't always true. It's like being forced to eat something without knowing how it was made.
Yeah, but unlike every other pairing in 00, I am willing to give Allelujah the benefit of the doubt because he worked his arse to get Marie, and nearly losing his life in the process. Does that relationship totally makes sense? Well, not quite. But the way he worked at it? ... I'd say give it to him, he deserved every single bit of that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 07:45   Link #80
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, but unlike every other pairing in 00, I am willing to give Allelujah the benefit of the doubt because he worked his arse to get Marie, and nearly losing his life in the process. Does that relationship totally makes sense? Well, not quite. But the way he worked at it? ... I'd say give it to him, he deserved every single bit of that.

- Tak
he did work for it as hell he fought for it like a dog but man the marieeeeeeeeeeee was so damn annoying lol. I did like allelujah in s1 he had this internal struggle inside him self agaisnt allelujah which made him interesting. He is a bad ass pilot also we mustn't forget that

Tags
gundam 00 movie