AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 11:45   Link #61
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Yes but who are the main charaters? is Takagi fujimaru the main character again?
Old 2009-09-24, 17:42   Link #62
KillaManiac

I just hope season 2 will be translated for us.
Old 2009-09-24, 18:46   Link #63
Marion
The Great Dine

I'm sure he will. And I hope so too - JAC group will probably translate it too, hopefully. It won't be nearly as quick though, since before they already had all the chapters.
Old 2009-09-24, 20:44   Link #64
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I wonder what will happen in season 2, only thing I know about season 2 is that its takes place 3 years later... I wonder who is with who. Because i was routing for Aoi Asada and Fujimaru Takagi.
Old 2009-09-25, 19:04   Link #65
Lostdreams

OMG two things I realized while reading this entire series in one day. I forgot the first one, but Aoi was the 11th child, which means there's another secret child. And a question I have for this series is, why did they make everything like Christianity? Honestly, these things are kinda getting lame, with Simon looking like Jesus and etc. Also, I swear they copied the names from Death Note. Names like J, K ...
Old 2009-09-26, 01:54   Link #66
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
OMG two things I realized while reading this entire series in one day. I forgot the first one, but Aoi was the 11th child, which means there's another secret child. And a question I have for this series is, why did they make everything like Christianity? Honestly, these things are kinda getting lame, with Simon looking like Jesus and etc. Also, I swear they copied the names from Death Note. Names like J, K ...
Because Christianity puts more emphasis on divine retribution, salvation from above and a preordained worldwide event known as Armageddon preceded by the return of a flesh-and-bone Savior? The elements for a plot are all there and might not be as compelling as, say, that of Shinto, Hinduism and Buddhism, which, as far as I know (which, I must concede, means, vaguely) do not contain such events or characteristics. It's just more plausible to make the sect a Christian one rather than any of the above. The terrain's already prepared.

Furthermore, while they most likely took it as a direct source of inspiration (if not a clear reference), I think the authors wanted to distance themselves from the real-life Aum Shinrikyo movement, so as to make Bloody Monday a more novel story rather than a mere copy-paste of a familiar story than can be, later on, lambasted as an overtly anti-Aum manga...or hurt people who have lost someone in the sarin gas attacks. It must also help that Christianity is a minor religion in Japan, meaning that any sub-division or bastardization thereof is more likely to pass off as a sect than an offshoot of the many, major religious currents they are more familiar with. Unfamiliarity or vague knowledge is a free ticket to plausability in the mind of the audience - we shouldn't dismiss that, as offending or simplistic as it might sound.

Last but not least, many assets seized by Kamishima's followers come from Russia (he does have Russian blood, after all)...whose population is mostly Christian Orthodox. So I guess he does have a huge fanbase there, too. And that's not a negligible point for his plans.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-09-26 at 02:22.
Old 2009-09-26, 21:37   Link #67
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Because Christianity puts more emphasis on divine retribution, salvation from above and a preordained worldwide event known as Armageddon preceded by the return of a flesh-and-bone Savior? The elements for a plot are all there and might not be as compelling as, say, that of Shinto, Hinduism and Buddhism, which, as far as I know (which, I must concede, means, vaguely) do not contain such events or characteristics. It's just more plausible to make the sect a Christian one rather than any of the above. The terrain's already prepared.

Furthermore, while they most likely took it as a direct source of inspiration (if not a clear reference), I think the authors wanted to distance themselves from the real-life Aum Shinrikyo movement, so as to make Bloody Monday a more novel story rather than a mere copy-paste of a familiar story than can be, later on, lambasted as an overtly anti-Aum manga...or hurt people who have lost someone in the sarin gas attacks. It must also help that Christianity is a minor religion in Japan, meaning that any sub-division or bastardization thereof is more likely to pass off as a sect than an offshoot of the many, major religious currents they are more familiar with. Unfamiliarity or vague knowledge is a free ticket to plausability in the mind of the audience - we shouldn't dismiss that, as offending or simplistic as it might sound.

Last but not least, many assets seized by Kamishima's followers come from Russia (he does have Russian blood, after all)...whose population is mostly Christian Orthodox. So I guess he does have a huge fanbase there, too. And that's not a negligible point for his plans.
lol, you know Simon was a pimp? He had kids with 12 "superior" genetics women. I guess Jesus has superior genes. And I guess at that time, J's mom was married to archer's dad. I guess the old saying comes into play here. If you could cheat with anyone, wouldn't you cheat with Jesus.
Old 2009-10-08, 20:39   Link #68
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Yep.

Certain people are still alive. At least K's offed...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-13, 07:36   Link #69
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

For information, the first chapter of BM S2 was released today.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-10-13 at 08:10.
Old 2009-10-19, 22:38   Link #70
Statonxyb
hrm

Great start to the second season.

When will this series get animated?
Old 2009-10-19, 23:16   Link #71
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Chapter 1, S2:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-20, 06:33   Link #72
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Spoiler for S2C1:
Old 2009-10-20, 08:26   Link #73
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 2 raises even more questions, since other familiar faces appear...aboard the 747. The last page even makes you wonder
Spoiler for big ch2 twist:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-10-21 at 02:12.
Old 2009-10-21, 00:17   Link #74
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for S2, Chap 1-2:
Old 2009-10-25, 07:28   Link #75
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Chapter 2 raises even more questions, since other familiar faces appear...aboard the 747. The last page even makes you wonder
Spoiler for big ch2 twist:
Bump
Spoiler for S2C2:
Old 2009-10-25, 17:03   Link #76
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

*KA-BUMP*

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-10-26 at 13:47.
Old 2009-10-31, 13:56   Link #77
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for S2 ch3:
Old 2009-11-09, 11:05   Link #78
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

...Chapter 5:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-23, 08:37   Link #79
Renegade334