Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-12, 15:21   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Kyou Kara Maou! 3rd Season (first ahve to watch S1+2, was planning on watching them soemtime)
Kyou Kara Maou! has a third season coming? OMFG WIN!
Old 2008-03-12, 16:01   Link #62
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well, I guess I'll have to somehow watch all of Code Geass first season before the next season starts. I don't want to miss out on all the wonderful discussions!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 16:57   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
That won't be hard. It gets addictive pretty quick

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 17:39   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow... I see hardly anything that interests me. Maybe THIS is the season I'll get to catch up on all my backlogged series

Very faint possiblities:
Kanokon -- not expecting *anything* (though i didn't expect anything out of that recent "succubi everywhere" series. Probably on the scale of some of the silly comedies of the late 1960s. I suspect I'll drop it after the first two episodes.

Uchino 3 Shimai -- this *might* be a hidden gem. It is certainly odd looking enough.

D.C. II S.S. -- mainly because I managed to get through the first season without dropping it.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama -- either very interesting or complete crap. No clue but the gender-bending and the company responsible weighs it toward the crap side.

I've not seen *any* notes or announcements for SHnY 2 before summer or fall -- so I'm not sure where people are developing these fantasies about a spring release other than from rubbing up against each other in some kind of electrostatic glee.... O.o

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-12 at 18:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 00:48   Link #65
GreatTeacherKen

Stuff I plan to watch:

Bus Gamer: concept sounds interesting, though it is very short, but apparently the manga is too, so hopefully it'll work out?

Macross frontier: macross franchise is somewhat hit or miss for me, but the 1st episode was awesome.

Allison to Lilia: It's from the creator of kino no Tabi. If it is anywhere near as good as that show was, this will be seriously awesome.

Zettai Karen Children: seems like it could be amusing, and well I'm an Aya fan.

Code geass 2: After that uber cliffhanger at the end of the first, watching this season is a must.

RD Sennou Chousashitsu: like Bus gamer, premise sounds interesting.

Nijuu Menzou Musume: I'm not entirely sure what the story is actually about besides Chico, or if it's going to be episodic, but it seems interesting enough to take a look.

S.A.: looks cute and I love the two lead seiyuus here.

Junjo Romantica: Lots of male fans seems to balk at shounen-ai to the point where I sometimes wonder if I'm the only guy who's not averse to the concept of it. I mean I can't be the only one, can I? The only shounen-ai thing I watched before this was Ai no Kusabi which I admittedly disliked, but it was not because of the romance or even the sex scenes. But this one sounds amusing so I'll check it out.

Blassreiter: premise sounds cool.

The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of Uruk: It's written by Shoji Gatoh, the FMP writer, and I was very impressed with his work on TSR. He's excellent at creating tension and strong character drama. I also enjoyed his contributions to Lucky Star and SHnY, and if this show is of comparable quality, it will be awesome
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 09:46   Link #66
andromeda0201

April is definitely my favourite anime season of the year!

Definitely watching:
Code Geass S2, xxxHoLiC S2 - loved the first seasons
Special A, Vampire Knight, Itazura na kiss - excellent season for shoujos, i'm not missing any of these
Nabari no ou - like the character designs, plus the premise seems interesting
Soul Eater - I never miss any Bones productions, they are my favourite studio
Toshokan Sensou, Real Drive - Also never miss any Production I.G. works
Crystal Blaze - I'm very much attracted to the animation
Allison to Lilia - good slice of life

May watch:
Amatsuki - dont know much about this but its in olden Japan, plus it has Paku Romi
Nijuu Mensou no Musume - I like the premise about female thieves, but the trailer doesn't show much info
Druuga no Tou - might watch since I like fantasy but if it turns out like Ragnarok the Animation, then i'm ditching it
Blassreiter - it looked a bit like another dragonaut to me, but lets see
To Love Ru - not usually after ditzy girls but this seems popular
Kurenai - like the character designs, but the loli had better not be irritating
Monochrome Factor - will only watch if it turns out to be a good school fantasy

I guess thats more than enough to keep me busy
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:11   Link #67
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I'm... really not compelled by anything on this list.

- Uchino 3 Shimai could be heartwarming, but I'm doubting it will be.
- Wagaya no Oinari-sama seems... interesting, but I don't see anything to hook me yet.
- Kanokon has a description that piques my curiosity, but the show fails my "interest" test since fanservice shows tend to fail the test of quality.
- I really enjoyed the Special A manga (well, what I read before my scanlation group dropped it due to licensing), but I just don't see a good adaptation of this particular material coming out of AIC/Gonzo. The art has lost a lot already (the promo pics look so... generic shounen).
- Toshokan Sensou covers a subject that is relevant, important, and one I feel very strongly about: Information control by authorities. This has the potential to be great, but it also has the potential to be pretentious crap.

I'm like Vexx in that I have a fair amount of backlogged series. I'll watch those until I hear if there are any gems this season.

The only exception is whatever Kyoani is doing this coming season. No, I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth-Kyoani-fanboy, but if it's Clannad or Haruhi, I'm already a fan of the series. If it's NOT, then it will be the same curiosity that compelled me to give Lucky Star a try: Sheer curiosity about what they'll do next. Kyoani is like a popular young sports celebrity: Not perfect, but making shockwaves with their excellent performance upon entry into the public eye and maintaining a good track record since. One simply wants to see how their next performance turns out.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.

Last edited by Kyuusai; 2008-03-13 at 14:13.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 12:19   Link #68
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Let's see... April series...

1) Real Drive

2) Real Drive

3) Real Drive

4) Real Drive

5) Real Drive

6) Did I forget to mention Real Drive?

PS: Oh, and perhaps Code Geass S2. And this Real Drive thing, too.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 08:44   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Bit late but me and Kaio have put up some thoughts here (if it looks similar to something...it is only your imagination ^^).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 09:15   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

I lol'd at this part because I thought the same when I read the title for Da Capo back when the first onecame out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin
The first time I heard this title I thought it was a mafia story or something.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:13   Link #71
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
CODE GEASS!! VAMPIRE KNIGHT!! CODE GEASS! VAMPIRE KNIGHT!!

And

I would like to know why THIS anime was not on the list! I'm pretty sure it starts in April.

http://www.naitsubo.com/index2.html

Is because it's an OVA?

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the large number of shoujo shows (and not to mention shows with a lot of bishounens plus one actual full length shounen-ai series) coming for Spring?
Yeah and it's about FREAKIN TIME that us girls are treated fairly!! We always get the short end of the stick so this is VERY nice indeed!
Old 2008-03-17, 03:29   Link #72
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I lol'd at this part because I thought the same when I read the title for Da Capo back when the first onecame out.
I knew I was missing one more thing in my comment... I lol'd hard too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Yeah and it's about FREAKIN TIME that us girls are treated fairly!! We always get the short end of the stick so this is VERY nice indeed!
Remind me stay very far away from you.

But then again I can't seem to get enough of your kind. And watching you in the Shugo Chara thread has been interesting. I especially loved this post.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:18   Link #73
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Uh.....heh...really? Didn't know I had a fan.....well glad you enjoyed it...

Yes, I just tend to get upset because with every new anime season it always seems we get ten new seinen titles, ten new shounen titles and like three new shoujo/josei titles. I'm just saying that I'm glad this spring looks different. I mean, you have to admit, it's unbalanced, thus rather unfair to the female fans.
Old 2008-03-17, 18:30   Link #74
Oppius
Banned

But for gentlemen like us, this season is rather...boring because too many shoujo. Golgo 13 is the only seinen show up there.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 18:58   Link #75
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

1. Soul Eater - BONES is doing this and that's all I needed to hear. Also read the manga to the latest release and it is bad-ass as hell. Fight scenes are going to be top-notch.

2. Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 - I loved season 1 and have been waiting for this one to come out ever since it was announced. I've seen all the promo's and trailers and it looks epic. The character designs look great and the animation looks even better than Gundam 00's.

3. Nijuu Menzou Musume - BONES&Hirano Aya...

4. xxxHolic Kei - I really liked the first season and the second season is supposedly starting where the manga got good.

5. Nabari No Ou - Rie Kugimiya? J.C. Staff? Ninjas they aren't in gay orange jumpsuits, I'm sold.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:52   Link #76
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
But for gentlemen like us, this season is rather...boring because too many shoujo. Golgo 13 is the only seinen show up there.
Seinen is pretty much anything that isn't shounen or shoujo. The stuff that isn't part of the "pretty much" falls into josei.
Men can watch shoujo, too, though. I once met a man well into his thirties who loved Marimite.
He was probably a yuri fan, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
5. Nabari No Ou - Rie Kugimiya? J.C. Staff? Ninjas they aren't in gay orange jumpsuits, I'm sold.
Rie Kugimiya, J.C. Staff, and a loli-tsundere that doesn't sound like Shana, Louise, or Nagi.

There's ninjas? Nice.
This may be the first ninja anime that I actually follow.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 00:25   Link #77
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wait, Rie Kugimiya and J.C. Staff? I guess I'm now expecting Nabari No Ou also along with Allison to Lilia. Too bad qtipsex won't like Allison to Lilia because he inexplicably hates Kino's Journey.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 00:26   Link #78
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Seinen is pretty much anything that isn't shounen or shoujo. The stuff that isn't part of the "pretty much" falls into josei.
Men can watch shoujo, too, though. I once met a man well into his thirties who loved Marimite.
He was probably a yuri fan, though.

Rie Kugimiya, J.C. Staff, and a loli-tsundere that doesn't sound like Shana, Louise, or Nagi.

There's ninjas? Nice.
This may be the first ninja anime that I actually follow.
More like she's doing a young boy. Why does this myth persist even now.

Kugimiya is not doing the girl on the left with the sword, she is the boy in the foreground with the deliquent look. This must be understood, I'm sure it is within our grasp to do so.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 01:05   Link #79
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wait, Rie Kugimiya and J.C. Staff? I guess I'm now expecting Nabari No Ou also along with Allison to Lilia. Too bad qtipsex won't like Allison to Lilia because he inexplicably hates Kino's Journey.
Ah, I was probably going to watch that, too.
Thanks for warning me in advance.
(haha.)

pwn'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Quote:
More like she's doing a young boy. Why does this myth persist even now.
Kugimiya is not doing the girl on the left with the sword, she is the boy in the foreground with the deliquent look. This must be understood, I'm sure it is within our grasp to do so.
In general, if Rie Kugimiya were playing a loli-tsunderekko role, she would probably sound at least somewhat like her other three similar ones, no?
Sorry for misunderstandings and whatnot.

Still, knowing that I won't get a Shana clone makes me sad.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 01:24   Link #80
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Still, knowing that I won't get a Shana clone makes me sad.
We already have a Trinity of tsundere lolis, along with a Nena Trinity. How many more tsunderekkos do you really need?

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote