Old 2008-01-15, 22:20   Link #61
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Double posting... Ronald McDonald singing the niconico song
Old 2008-01-17, 11:58   Link #62
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

"Sonna no Kankei nee" (そんなの関係ねえ) Roughly means "So what?" Alongside "Dondake" (どんだけ - "WTF") has entered the Japanese lexicon due to its recent widespread usage. Hiiragi Tsukasa from Lucky Star comes to mind, as she's heard using both.

"Sonna no Kankei nee" was first made famous by a TV comedian called Yoshio Kojima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshio_Kojima

Now featuring a Jamaican reggae singer, singing "Sonna no Kankei nee". (The remix track in the niconico version also features Tsukasa-chan as well)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1549677

(Japanese wikipedia entry for "Dondake")
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%...81%91%E3%80%9C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Just use this page to dump general nico videos. Playing popular songs in niconico with the acaustic guitar. So it's sort of like 組曲「ニコニコ動画」. アコギでニコニコの人気曲を色々演奏してみた Part 1
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1455781

part 2
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1945323
Easily the best fan-made production I've ever heard so far on niconico, these guys know their anime and really put a lot of effort in combining that superbly with their talent with the guitar. Long ago, I used to play the Chrono Cross songs like mad on an acoustic as well, but my skills have faded since then.

Songs popular songs they played include (not in order): Suzumiya Haruhi (includes Character Albums), Clannad, Lucky Star (includes Character Albums), Higurashi, AIR, Chrono Cross, Lupin III, Hatsune Miku fansongs, and even the now infamous Cheetahman song.

dahl_moon, next time can you please include the link to the niconico video as well? I personally prefer to "watch with other people", if you get what I mean. Also, the niconico version provides a better quality sometimes.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-01-17 at 12:58.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 23:59   Link #63
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Well since you guys are nico experts, I would like to know if you could help me. I want to do a cover (besides perfume's macaroni) and I want to sing one of the nico songs. The douga suite is too long and I can't find the original midi... Anyways could you guys help me find info on this song? I would have to guess its not that popular, but I want to sing it so it doesn't matter. Anyways could you help me find info on this vid http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1854103 the original vid would be great, I don't need lyrics since they are on all the vids I've seen of it.

but what is the name of the song? kirby's gloomy race? I have no idea.

Oh yea great thread here. I'm glad I found it. I don't know of any places to ask people about nico in english.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 06:25   Link #64
wao
OK.

Kirby's Gourmet Race? TBH that's the first time I've even seen that video myself, I haven't heard about it before. I guess it's a BGM they entered lyrics into...

or so I thought, but I remembered where I HAVE heard it! Just a few days ago there was a big hoo-hah in the daily rankings with this video called "atama ga PAAN☆" which was, I think, mocking Masami Hisamoto, a member of this national religious organization called the Soka Gakkai which (afaik) many 2chers/netizens hate for secretly controlling the back of Japanese society or something along those lines. (Their presence is very wide. There's local schools/organisations run by them here in Singapore too!)

It doesn't help that any video which criticizes them and their leader Daisaku Ikeda gets deleted pretty soon - which was what happened to the original atama ga PAAN video (as well as others like a kumikyoku with lyrics lampooning Soka Gakkai). So a myriad of people (or the same person w/ multiple accounts) started uploading many copies of the same video and they all got pushed into the rankings to kind of flip the bird at Sokka Gakkai. (Obviously, these got deleted)

The contents of the video were practically this very BGM, and then this believer/woman's words being synched to the music but most of it was just "atama ga PAAN" repeated with hand movements. (And I don't get why, but there was a comment filter changing "w" -> "┗(^o^)┓")

The video you linked, however, doesn't have any actual content related to Soka Gakkai so it hasn't been deleted but people know that it's the BGM for that video. This is the non-vocal version, look at the comments... and then look at the graveyard in the guy's mylist pretty much all Soka Gakkai-related.

EDIT: I found a copy of the original video uploaded somewhere - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2069632
It'll probably be deleted in a few days. I warn you, it is a really silly and annoying video. Now I've got her voice saying PAAN in my head all the time. Grr.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:07   Link #65
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I knew I shouldn't have had my volume so high up >.>
"PAAN!" scream made me jump ;_; and yes...it is so annoying, I wanted to break something

Interesting facts to go as well :3

edit: I just realised where I've heard the song from before! It's one of the tracks for Super smash bros

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-01-18 at 15:55.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 18:30   Link #66
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Oh yea I just asked my questions without commenting on the rest of the thread. I Think the guy with the music make spelling stuff out is no less than a demi god. Spelled stuff out and it was still melodic. He was so impressive, I'm listening to his ff4 one right now, because it owns that much...

Cheetah man... I never heard of the game and I never saw a video till I read this forum. But its hilarious and that song is addictive.

This thread is so educational. I have learned so much. About the atama ga pan. I had no idea it was like that. I think I saw that video before, but I had no idea it was so political...

Well about the link I posted. The song is from super smash 64 as kirby's dreamland stage. (although after some research the actual track is called kirby's gourmet race and its from kirby super star and the gourmet race is one of the games in it.) It also was brought back as a past stage in melee.

But I was actually asking for the original vid, in terms of the first person who sung this version. I think I found it last night. I think it was a minute version. It seems people keep adding lyrics to it. I think its all about food, but my japanese is far below sub-par... Anyways is this how trends start, one person sings it, then another person does their version, then another, etc? Or is it more like a discussed thing?

I feel like Ihave not been using nico to it's fullest... Please tell me what do you do to find the popular vids? Do you just have to check and see the frequency of how many times its uploaded? Also wjhat is the nice boat treatment? When a video gets deleted and its replaced by a boat and some lady talking?

Edit: here is my member number 13***** does this mean I get screwed? How long was nico out before I joined?

Old 2008-01-18, 18:46   Link #67
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2065217

This is a ff4 version of the douga suite, I think its well made, his lyrics are really good. So much better than the people who tried in english. I think he changed almost every word. My personal favorite is omai tent, lol instead of omai gonzo.

Old 2008-01-18, 19:53   Link #68
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
Anyways is this how trends start, one person sings it, then another person does their version, then another, etc? Or is it more like a discussed thing?
Sometimes yes and other times no. It just happens. Usually it requires the video becoming popular first.

Quote:
I feel like Ihave not been using nico to it's fullest... Please tell me what do you do to find the popular vids?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/ranking/mylist/daily/all or view the weekly ranking videos that are made. They usually appear on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Quote:
Also wjhat is the nice boat treatment? When a video gets deleted and its replaced by a boat and some lady talking?
What you are seeing is the current video for the "video has been deleted by the uploader". When a video is deleted by the uploader, a flag is set and it plays the current deleted by user video instead.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 21:01   Link #69
wao
OK.

Speaking of rankings, it gets a bit annoying that whenever a new season rolls along half the ranking is dominated by anime uploads. Okay, so I do watch anime on niconico, I don't hide that - but can't people be discreet about it? Getting it to the rankings makes it too blatant, I dunno... And the bigger problem is that it hides actual other stuff that might've had a better chance to be popular.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2081002 (Don't turn up the volume!)

Anyway, just here to throw in an absolutely evil mix of two songs - IOSYS' ultra-addictive Usatei and a song by Taro that recently got a bit of a spotlight on niconico, Danjo.

What can I say. The tags at time of writing were correct - 400% synchro and 400% addictive nature. I didn't even used to like this sort of utterly brain-melting song but I AM WEAK. And I do like how it sorta fits! Although it gets chaotic near the end.
Old 2008-01-20, 11:33   Link #70
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

I think that video owns so hard. I really like it. I think the guys on nico are really experienced. Man that song was cool.

I never heard the danjou song, but its sure easy to learn, lol. The crude animations, made it gold . Man that IOSYS song was great. I'm a fan of IOSYS, I think they are really cool. They make the kind of music I really like. Check out this yu-gi-oh MAD that uses that IOSYS song. Its a girl singing, she is so cute!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1262147

This song is so funny. On of my favorite mad vids of all time.

Well thanks guys for so much info.

Please give me more on nico culture

Old 2008-01-20, 16:37   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Compilation Niconico Douga, or 組曲「ニコニコ動画」. A collection of various songs into a 11 minute stream of non-stop otakudom. You lose at life if you recognize each and every one of these songs. Anyway, I find it interesting enough to post a series of videos.
Niconico Douga, huh? I came across a violin mix using Kotomi's first violin scene in Clannad, didn't know there were so many other variations. I'm not going to even try sorting out all the sources, whatever the visual clues.

It's weird. I normally play flv files with Media Player Classic as opposed to VLC, as MPC allows me to jump around. But when I try to open nicovideo flv files in MPC, I only get the audio, so I have to switch back to VLC... Dr. DivX OSS won't open them, either, so I can't simply convert them to avi and rip the audio but have to go the longer way instead.

I like the Cheetahman mixes.
Old 2008-01-20, 17:10   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HAHA! Oh my god the violin version wins XD
I never tried ripping the files from nico but will do now to see if it works with MPC or not (as well as extracting the mp3 file for my ipod! ).

edit: problems already seen as the file doesn't DL properly >.>

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-01-20 at 17:21.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 17:50   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
edit: problems already seen as the file doesn't DL properly >.>
Worked fine for me; what technique do you use? I use a script for the Greasemonkey firefox extension.
Old 2008-01-21, 06:10   Link #74
wao
OK.

On the topic of musical suites, Lantis jumped on the kumikyoku bandwagon and is releasing a CD called Lantis Kumikyoku (Lantis Suite) featuring "NicoNico Artistes".

And by that I mean the well-known singers on niconico - already J and Gomu have been announced as taking part. However, it's an otherwise professional/commercial product as the suite will be a medley of famous songs released under the Lantis label, and will be arranged by Noriyasu Agematsu (composer of Eternal Blaze, Brave Phoenix, Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line) and Daisuke Kikuda (I'll be darned if I recognize any of these songs) from a group called Elements Garden. The CD, LACM-4466 goes on sale 5th March for 1200 yen...

Everyone's just silently ignoring that strictly speaking, singers like that did make themselves famous through what could be called copyright infringement (singing and sharing songs written by others without paying them royalty).
Old 2008-01-21, 07:31   Link #75
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2069673

What is this? On first glance it seems to be the entire first episode of Haruhi, with the English dub. But with Japanese subtitles?

Looking at the subs, though, it seems as though this is mostly a parody sub...
So basically someone used the english dub in order to make the parody subs more readable, maybe?

In any case it's fascinating and I wonder if bandai will let it slide.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 19:20   Link #76
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2069673

What is this? On first glance it seems to be the entire first episode of Haruhi, with the English dub. But with Japanese subtitles?

Looking at the subs, though, it seems as though this is mostly a parody sub...
So basically someone used the english dub in order to make the parody subs more readable, maybe?

In any case it's fascinating and I wonder if bandai will let it slide.
It is interesting, what would bandai do IF they found out about it? The japanese already had, and watched the show, so they can make no money selling to japanese, so they are not losing money by having japanese fans upping their show. So why would they care? I think if they did they would just be jerks, lol. Well I don't understand copyrights ad all that jazz, so my post may be void. But it still is interesting.

@wao
Well another interesting comment. Considering that those artists did get famous in that particular method, why is that being over looked? But regardless of how they got famous they are famous and company will take any opportunity to make money off of them. But that is so amazing that some is recording a cd because they got famous on the internet. Do you happen to know how J and gomu got popular. Oh course I first heard of them from the suite, did they do stuff before that?

Old 2008-01-21, 21:02   Link #77
wao
OK.

Seems to me like the guy did a parody sub and used the English dub simply because it's funnier that way (why have a parody sub of something you already understand?)

It can easily be said that if one was strict about copyright infringement 99% of niconico douga would disappear because so much of it is derivative works (putting cases of actual anime episodes uploaded aside). I suppose the suite itself was kind of "overlooked" by the big companies because the songs used were only a sample (therefore not really a replacement for buying the song) and once it's made such a big splash in the otaku community... In fact, I think there was one time the original kumikyoku video was deleted due to copyright requests (I think?) and there was quite a little uproar about it.

This never fails to happen when Historical Pillars of Niconico get hit, like not so long ago the legendary Aitsu koso ga Tennis no Oujisama (Prince of Tennis video) got deleted. That spawned so many famous soramimi such as "海鮮炒めじゃないんだよ!" and "猫駆除" and was host to many comment masters who came up with the most hilarious things... Needless to say for a short while after the deletion replacement videos were upped and fervently re-filled with the requisite funny lines. People even made In Memorial videos and stuff like that, heh. Yet most Japanese otaku embrace the current laws of copyright without ever wondering whether an alternative licensing system would have better suited the kind of things they like to do...

I guess since in J and Gomu (or should I call him Gum?)'s case since they were there early on in niconico douga and they presumably added more of a "transformative element" in the work by actually singing it...? Or maybe because of that they've built up their own fanbase which Lantis realises they could take advantage of so it's worth overlooking...

Either way, this isn't the first time a commercial product has acknowledged niconico douga trends - seen the second remix CD released for Lucky Star? Just look at the goddamn title - らき☆すた Re-Mix002~『ラキスタノキワミ、アッー』【してやんよ】 - Luckysta no Kiwami, AAH! (Shite yan yo).
Firstly, a reference to an original song composed for Hatsune Miku, Mikkumikku ni shite ageru (full name - Mikkumikku ni shite ageru ♪ (shite yan yo)), go read the Vocaloid2 thread for details. I think it's become the most viewed video on the site now, actually.
And secondly, a reference to Futae no Kiwami, AAH!, a sorta meme that derives from this famous video comparing a fight scene from Rurouni Kenshin in different languages. Everyone is strangely amused by the English voice actor's rendition of Sanosuke's move name and how gay it sounds.
(There are many soramimi that come attached with this series of videos, like Aoshi's "homolemon" and EROS☆TIME and CCO and お取り寄せ and so on - it's spawned countless videos using the voices to "sing" songs by piecing sound clips together, producing things like this: Warning, do not turn up the volume!)
And then there's the track title called Kumikyoku "Lucky Star Douga"... Not very subtle, is it? Plus they even got JAM Project to sing Motteke! Sailor Fuku, although this might just be 'cos they're anime song artistes and not because they enjoy some popularity and official interaction with niconico douga...
And what do you know, this CD is released by Lantis as well.

As for what J and Gomu got popular for before the suite, I'm dead sure Gomu's unforgettable rendition of Okkusenman is what got him popular. It's one of the first videos I watched on the site... okay, and since when did Gomu get a ringtone on Dwango's site? As for J... His first video appears to be Okkusenman as well, but I think he got popular with METAL OF OKUSENMAN or was it the Koi no Mikuru Densetsu metal version... Personally I became aware of him because of his explosively popular rendition of the kumikyoku, though... (And since when did J's rendition of mikkumikku get a ringtone as well? )

By the way, this is the time announcement advertising the sale of this Lantis Suite CD featuring the voices of J and Gomu. I missed it on the 21st... I wonder who the other artistes will be, I kinda hope gazelle would be in it as I loved her rendition of Melt despite what the fanbois say. Then again if she gets featured the flamers will be ugly to see...
Old 2008-01-21, 21:40   Link #78
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Thanks for the informative post, wao. I would have given you a cookie but I need t' 'spread it around more.' Regarding J, my guess would be Koi no Mikuru, posted last June. It's great listening to that song again. There's also this X-Japan link.

As a side note, niconico is also affecting the Korean "market"; Mikumiku-ni-shite-ageru, Okusenman, Airman and other famous niconico songs are being distributed by a major Korean karaoke producer, Taejin (other Japanese karaoke distributors already have them I hear). Although it seems that the niconico medley won't be making it; too many copyright owners to track down!
Old 2008-01-22, 00:57   Link #79
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
And what do you know, this CD is released by Lantis as well.
Even prior to that, Lantis advertised the Patie x Konata CD on TV with a mock nico commercial (the song playing with comments flying by). Lantis clearly knows the double-edged sword they have here and are trying their best to exploit it.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 06:34   Link #80
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Funny story guys. Since we were just talking about copyrights and such, I just got my *ss enlightened... When I woke up I recieved this letter.

jigenbakuda様
いつもSMILEVIDEOをご利用いただきありがとうございます。
さて、お客様がアップロードされた以下の動画につきましては、権利者様より権利侵害との申し出がございまし たので、当該動画の削除とアップロード一時停止(24時間、現在一時停止期間中の場合は停止期間の24時間 延長)の措置をとらせていただきました。
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2097800 
お心当たりの場合は、今後ご注意いただけますようお願い申し上げます。
なお、本件についてご質問等がございましたら以下のフォームよりお問合せをお願い致します。
http://www.nicovideo.jp/support_form
※このメールアドレスは送信専用ですのでご返信いただけません。

This pisses me off so bad. I did a cover of perfume's macaroni single, to the instrumental, and then took the time to arrange english lyrics and sing it again (at someone's request). Now What makes my video different from the other videos on nico? What makes my infringement different?

This was the japanese version I up-loaded to nico
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBukqcXmYro

I'm planning on singing the kirby's gourmet race song, will it get taken down as well? Maybe its just the people from perfume being d*cks? Maybe not everyone will be so strict... Should I take this down from youtube, before my account gets suspended there?

In my personal opinion, I think they took my stuff down because I am american. But I'll never know. Pissed am I about this... It was popular too, the japanese one had 1000 hits the first day... and about 115 comments, all of them encouraging... Man I am pissed about this one, but maybe it happened to others? Does nico take stuff down posted by americans?

Tags
video