AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 15:49   Link #61
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Oh! Sensei is sooo slim 10 years ago. You can hardly recognize him.
he's taller too, I hope that type of shrinking is not normal
Old 2009-12-25, 20:25   Link #62
typhonsentra

So I'm guessing the mom was using Sensei to pawn her daughter off for a period so she could run off with her guy friends again?
Old 2009-12-29, 18:23   Link #63
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
So I'm guessing the mom was using Sensei to pawn her daughter off for a period so she could run off with her guy friends again?
If I read correctly, it seems she has been in the care of her grandparents all along, so maybe at this point those were dead or too sick to take care of her?
Old 2009-12-31, 07:21   Link #64
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i rofl´d so hard @ the street fighter akuma ref. xD
Old 2010-01-11, 14:29   Link #65
Nosauz

Newest scanlated chapter was great... the revelations are just weird, as they just implicate Nichii as a villian now, theres no way the dynamic between the housemates can go unskathed which is a bit disheartening.
Old 2010-01-11, 14:30   Link #66
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

He's always been a villain, if you don't overlook a few of his defining habits. >_>
Old 2010-01-11, 14:58   Link #67
Wargumm1i
Hentai

From what I saw when I read the newest chapters, it seems that despite Haruka´s mothers appearence she is really a sick person, If I read it correctly it seems that Haruka´s mother cant stand being with something for too long or else she would get angry and kick or punch at it etc etc. So Haruka "wasent safe" with her and Haruka hates her for it.

Also about Nozumi and Nicchi... what ever his name is, I dont thint that anythings really going on. I either think she was just coincidence that she was there and was visiting or just staying there for awhile until she got a home for herself and Kanau got a home, well you know she was always running from debts, and thats why I dont think she had any romantic or sexual etc etc with Nicchi.

Also it was pretty much Kouta´s fault, because he was so immature at the time when he was well "roughly confessed too " If he would have just taken it like a man then he would have bin a large part of Nozumi´s life and his daughter Kanau and watching Kanau grow up and all that.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:27   Link #68
Nosauz

I wasn't meaning anything romantic, but the fact that nicchi and kouta are so close, it would be devastating for him to realize that nicchi has had information about his daughter and the mother which would be a blow to the trust they share. And I really hope that the thing between kouta and the landlord dies just because of the ten year age difference and the fact that if he did get her to like him he would still be taking advantage of her youth.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:09   Link #69
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
From what I saw when I read the newest chapters, it seems that despite Haruka´s mothers appearence she is really a sick person, If I read it correctly it seems that Haruka´s mother cant stand being with something for too long or else she would get angry and kick or punch at it etc etc. So Haruka "wasent safe" with her and Haruka hates her for it.

Also about Nozumi and Nicchi... what ever his name is, I dont thint that anythings really going on. I either think she was just coincidence that she was there and was visiting or just staying there for awhile until she got a home for herself and Kanau got a home, well you know she was always running from debts, and thats why I dont think she had any romantic or sexual etc etc with Nicchi.

Also it was pretty much Kouta´s fault, because he was so immature at the time when he was well "roughly confessed too " If he would have just taken it like a man then he would have bin a large part of Nozumi´s life and his daughter Kanau and watching Kanau grow up and all that.
Well of course he would be immature he was just a HS student at that time so was she. Anyways it's still pretty fuck up of her not telling him even if she felt he wasn't ready to be a dad he should have told him same goes for he's friend for not saying anything. Kouta was still immature till he's daughter showed up and forced himself to grow up who knows if had known earlier he would have done the same thing. Shame he was never given the chance earlier on sense they didn't tell him.

Felt pretty bad for him when he realized he wasn't their for he's daughter's birth during that scene when he was holding he's sister's baby.

lol at the mother as if she's a good mother she pretty much dumped her child off to the suppose father without even telling him what's going on herself instead just wrote a letter. "Hey since I got money problems how bout you take care of our child oops sorry for not telling you about me getting pregnant by you, but who cares. Thanks bye!" She herself has huge debts to pay off. Guess she wasn't better off by herself afterall and then in the end needed he's help. Very mature of her...
Old 2010-01-11, 20:27   Link #70
Fran~
floating away...

I'm reading this... and it's the classical history of a manga where humanity is displayed through life's mistakes. It's a never ending cycle of failure, as you can see in the history of Kanau and Tae.

I have this feeling of already read it (there is a lot of manga with absent parents and such), but i think that Otaku no Musume-san points more in how you deal with the unexpected... i'm looking forward of how Kouta will live with the choice of being happy himself of seek Kanau's happiness.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:52   Link #71
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I wasn't meaning anything romantic, but the fact that nicchi and kouta are so close, it would be devastating for him to realize that nicchi has had information about his daughter and the mother which would be a blow to the trust they share. And I really hope that the thing between kouta and the landlord dies just because of the ten year age difference and the fact that if he did get her to like him he would still be taking advantage of her youth.
I agree with you on everything except the age thing, it should not matter. If age is really such a sensetive matter for you then I should perhaps warn you not too watch Hanamaru Kindergarten Lol.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:10   Link #72
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I agree with you on everything except the age thing, it should not matter. If age is really such a sensetive matter for you then I should perhaps warn you not too watch Hanamaru Kindergarten Lol.
Tae seems to be very mature for her age (probably for her life experience), so in this case, the age thing is irrelevant.

Different in a case if Tae's personality were like her "mother".
Old 2010-01-12, 00:58   Link #73
Nosauz

It's not really the whole age thing but it has to do with experience and in this world of predators and users and abusers of trust, being an older man being the first love of a some what adolescent girl is a type of abuse of trust. Because at this point adults are still considered trust worthy people, who aren't solely looking to benefit themselves. I know Kouta isn't that type of guy but the fact is he is in a place of high esteem, and she doesn't know much better, and also it doesn't help that Sensei plays the same role that kouta and kanau puts him in a position to take advantage of her even if she is supposedly willing. It's more about mental maturity and not using a natural trust given to a person to abuse it. This is some what delved into in ZKC so it's an interesting situation nonetheless.
Old 2010-01-12, 09:17   Link #74
Fran~
floating away...

Well, i will left aside real world and fiction world.

About the manga, you must understand how is oriented form the perspective of a bunch of otakus, who are really treated like loosers. So, for a otaku in her late 20s, if suddenly a girl appears in front of him calling him "Dad"... it's hughe... and different for a "normal" people.

Kouta is really a child in his mind, the only "adult" is sensei, because the hardship he must endure with Tae... with time Kouta should be more mature. You must remember when Kanau was sick and taken to Hospital, how Tae slapped Kouta's face. That's why i think that mentally they the gap is not that big as their age.

About, predators and users and abusers of trust... Kodomo no Jikan... there you have a manga where you can find characters fulfilling that role.
Old 2010-01-12, 13:27   Link #75
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post

Kouta is really a child in his mind, the only "adult" is sensei, because the hardship he must endure with Tae... with time Kouta should be more mature. You must remember when Kanau was sick and taken to Hospital, how Tae slapped Kouta's face. That's why i think that mentally they the gap is not that big as their age.
Not to mention he was always looking up at her.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:55   Link #76
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
It's not really the whole age thing but it has to do with experience and in this world of predators and users and abusers of trust, being an older man being the first love of a some what adolescent girl is a type of abuse of trust. Because at this point adults are still considered trust worthy people, who aren't solely looking to benefit themselves. I know Kouta isn't that type of guy but the fact is he is in a place of high esteem, and she doesn't know much better, and also it doesn't help that Sensei plays the same role that kouta and kanau puts him in a position to take advantage of her even if she is supposedly willing. It's more about mental maturity and not using a natural trust given to a person to abuse it. This is some what delved into in ZKC so it's an interesting situation nonetheless.
It honestly sounds like you're not even reading the manga. The Landlady has always been shown as one of the more mature people in the manga. Sensei is the only person who I'd say has been shown to consistently act more mature than her, even though he has his otaku moments. Since Kanau's been around, I'd say Kouta has grown a lot and that he and Tae would be about equal in maturity. Really, that just means Kouta is starting to take his role as a father seriously and that Tae is more mature for her age. I think both of them have next to nothing as far as relationship experience goes, so again, equals.

Ultimately, considering Kanau's wish and , well, Kanau's very existence, I don't think they'll become a couple. Tae really doesn't strike me as the type that would be okay with having such an old child at such a young age. xD She's already sensitive about the fact that she looks like a housewife cosplaying whenever she goes to school. xD
Old 2010-01-12, 18:29   Link #77
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Ultimately, considering Kanau's wish and , well, Kanau's very existence, I don't think they'll become a couple.
Kanau is a standard selfish kid looking for her dream (Mom, Dad and she).... but, we don't know if Kanau's monm is ok with that. So, Kouta could be ok with that, pulling a Heroic Knight in a white horse for Kanau... but it doesnt depend only of him.

So, there is the chance por Kouta and Tae.... and the chance for Kanau to start to growing up...
Old 2010-01-12, 18:53   Link #78
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Kanau is a standard selfish kid looking for her dream (Mom, Dad and she).... but, we don't know if Kanau's monm is ok with that. So, Kouta could be ok with that, pulling a Heroic Knight in a white horse for Kanau... but it doesnt depend only of him.

So, there is the chance por Kouta and Tae.... and the chance for Kanau to start to growing up...
Yeah Kanau's parents getting together isn't guaranteed. Forgot what chapter it was when it was mentioned to Kanau that whenever her mother comes back and if they don't get together (her parent's) she'll have to choose who to stay with. That's when it hit her that they may not end up living together as a family. Kouta may have some lingering feelings for Kanau's mom but it's been shown that he can have feelings for other woman so who knows what he'll do when she returns...
Old 2010-01-12, 19:42   Link #79
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:

Ah, yea, I forgot about that possibility. Mainly because it just seems like this'll have that "...and they all lived happily ever after" feel to it. XD I suspect there'll be drama and fighting and some running away and chasing and convincing and sweet talking and conniving and getting tricked and all that, but ultimately, our family of three will come together and move out (somewhere really close) and live as happily ever as they can. >_>
Old 2010-01-13, 00:09   Link #80
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
It honestly sounds like you're not even reading the manga. The Landlady has always been shown as one of the more mature people in the manga. Sensei is the only person who I'd say has been shown to consistently act more mature than her, even though he has his otaku moments. Since Kanau's been around, I'd say Kouta has grown a lot and that he and Tae would be about equal in maturity. Really, that just means Kouta is starting to take his role as a father seriously and that Tae is more mature for her age. I think both of them have next to nothing as far as relationship experience goes, so again, equals.

Ultimately, considering Kanau's wish and , well, Kanau's very existence, I don't think they'll become a couple. Tae really doesn't strike me as the type that would be okay with having such an old child at such a young age. xD She's already sensitive about the fact that she looks like a housewife cosplaying whenever she goes to school. xD
Look Kanau is a little girl, little girls come in varieties but she's one looking for someone to fulfill her fantasy of a father, Kouta doesn't, and Kouta isn't ready to raise child LIKE ANY MALE that has a kid sprung on him. To think that Kouta is childish simply because he's an Otaku is just asinine, it's logical that anybody required to take responsibility of another human life will experience serious shock. A goal oriented adult who chooses a hobby that involves albeit younger drawn characters doesn't mean some one is not mature. And maturity is not the same as experience. Maturity means that you grasp the concepts being tossed around but experience is what makes us individuals and compared to Kouta, Tae lacks 10 years worth of experience dealing with a variety types of people with the world.
I really don't think Kouta is all that immature, he's just adjusting to his new role from bachelor to father which naturally means a shift of priorities, if you asked any man to basically make a diversion from his chosen lifestyle to one requiring responsibility over another, is quite hard, and often times leads to abuse of power or lack of care. To blame all of Kouta's mistakes on immaturity or otaku lifestyle is just farfetched.
Closed Thread