Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 00:43   Link #61
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-But wouldn't that teach the little "Would-be-Avenger" his reccomended dose of humility? To be honest I really do not care how much Sasuke grows as long as his brother proves to be stronger than him alone. This series has always emphasized teamwork and the whole "friendship overpowers all"-ideal so Sasuke defeating Itachi on his own would contradict that I believe...Although on the flip side, if he does kill him on his own that just means that Naruto will surpass him once again and become a "one-man army" just as much....Gah, now I don't know which outcome I desire :frustrated...
He won't succeed without MS.
Old 2007-05-22, 06:27   Link #62
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
That's a biased point of view and you know it. I didn't say Chidori wasn't capable of impressive damage. It obviously is. But merely at the time they tried squaring off on the hospital roof, the stronger jutsu was evident and Sasuke's CLEAR reaction to seeing the damage from it compared to his own is evidence of that.
It is a biaised point of view to say the Rasengan and the Chidori were equally strong since they cancelled each other twice... because they made different damage on a water tank depending of their mechanisms?
Then I guess you will agree that the Chidori is way more powerful than the Rasengan since the one Sasuke used against Itachi made damages that dwarf the water tank event.

Quote:
When Sasuke used the Chidori at VoTE non-CS he already went through the CS2 containment process. If you think that didn't give him a boost than abusing convenient plotholes in the storyline has become so rampant in Naruto from some of you people that it makes me want to quit coming in to this forum.
The pill Sasuke took allowed the CS to spread completely through his body. It gave a boost for the CS use, nothing out of it. The containment merely put Sasuke in a coma so the increasement of the Cursed Seal wouldn't kill him.
Personally I find rather amusing this trend to call plotholes anything that people don't like even when it acyually doesn't contradict anything within the story.

As for Sasuke being overpowered, overpowered compared to who? The regular Ninja-joe? Yeah definitively. A regular Jounin? Yeah he's way supperior now. The really powerful ninjas who are basically the only ones left now? No.
Sasuke is very strong. So does the Akatsuki, so does Naruto.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 06:46   Link #63
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-But wouldn't that teach the little "Would-be-Avenger" his reccomended dose of humility? To be honest I really do not care how much Sasuke grows as long as his brother proves to be stronger than him alone. This series has always emphasized teamwork and the whole "friendship overpowers all"-ideal so Sasuke defeating Itachi on his own would contradict that I believe...Although on the flip side, if he does kill him on his own that just means that Naruto will surpass him once again and become a "one-man army" just as much....Gah, now I don't know which outcome I desire :frustrated...
That's true, but Sasuke has been served humble pie by Itachi twice now. Getting defeated a third time isn't going to do anything but increase his obsession. The series emphasizes the power of friendship, but it also shows that personal strength is important. Personally, I wouldn't mind Sasuke getting beat again and finally admitting he's no match for Itachi, but that isn't likely to happen. But no worries, unlike with Oro, Itachi's probably going to dominate for most of the fight, with Sasuke getting smacked around before *something* happens which finally gives Sasuke the edge.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 11:15   Link #64
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Basically the only thing i would not like happening is getting another Vegeta since it's kind of obvious now Naruto is the clown clone of Goku. If that happens then they should rename the manga 'Dragonball no jutsu'.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 11:38   Link #65
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
He won't succeed without MS.
Why would he need MS? Hes already immune to Itachi's MS.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 11:40   Link #66
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Why would he need MS? Hes already immune to Itachi's MS.
That's never been stated.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:42   Link #67
othafa

Kakashi stated it and Itachi reinforced it during their first fight. Kakashi said that only sharingan can look on MS, and Itachi said that he was partially right, but that it wasn't effective without Uchiha blood. Sasuke has both.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:56   Link #68
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
That does not mean there is not a specific technique you're supposed to learn in order to look through it, even if you're an Uchiha.

On one hand, I don't see how Sasuke could be a fitting villain for Naruto unless he learned Mangekyou Sharingan and used it as a base for some incredibly strong attacks.

On the other hand, Sasuke's never been a heavy Genjutsu type, so I don't see how they could drastically change his fighting style just because of Mangekyou Sharingan.

However, Sasuke being overpowered or seemingly overpowered isn't really a valid argument considering how absent we've been to his training. We didn't see him train with Orochimaru. We didn't even see Naruto training with Jiraiya, and it's already been implicated that Naruto is MUCH MUCH stronger than we've seen him as, he's just VERY good at being deceptive. Does that make Naruto overpowered?

And we don't even know the full story behind Sasuke killing Orochimaru. It's entirely too evident that it will have adverse effects other than him just killing him.

I'm sure Orochimaru's power, skill, attitude or even personality will have something to do with Sasuke to lead into why he's either so powerful or why him and Naruto will clash.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 11:57   Link #69
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Kakashi stated it and Itachi reinforced it during their first fight. Kakashi said that only sharingan can look on MS, and Itachi said that he was partially right, but that it wasn't effective without Uchiha blood. Sasuke has both.
Itachi said that only someone with same blood could possibly defeat him. He doesn't say that person would be immune to MS, though they would likely have stronger resistance than someone without the blood line. Itachi probably feels that he can only be matched by someone who has MS or else why would he tell Sasuke to only face him once he's gained Mangekyou if ordinary Sharingan makes him immune?
Old 2007-05-22, 12:34   Link #70
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Itachi said that only someone with same blood could possibly defeat him. He doesn't say that person would be immune to MS, though they would likely have stronger resistance than someone without the blood line. Itachi probably feels that he can only be matched by someone who has MS or else why would he tell Sasuke to only face him once he's gained Mangekyou if ordinary Sharingan makes him immune?
Easy, MS gives you powerful offensive techniques.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:35   Link #71
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
And I don't think Itachi is ignorant enough to think only an Uchiha can defeat him.

From what I've seen, I highly doubt Itachi is the strongest in Akatsuki.

I'm pretty sure AL can beat Itachi to a pulp, and I'm sure Kisame could give him a run for his money. I'm pretty sure either of the Sannin left could beat him too.

I think him saying only someone with his bloodline can beat him, was more of a reference to someone being able to counter MS. It was pretty clear Itachi was intimidated by Gai attacking him, and I'm sure that has more to do with it than just Gai making it 2 on 1.

Just because Itachi is powerful and a favorite character, doesn't make everything he says true. I really wish you guys would stop using quotes from a villain as evidence. I bet Orochimaru didn't see Sasuke beating him or Naruto beating Kabuto or anything of that nature, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Characters can say a lot of things, that's why they're CHARACTERS. Just because Kakashi says Obito is dead and Yondaime thinks he was dead, doesn't mean he was. They left him there, they didn't SHOW him dead. Clearly the backdoor was open for a reason.
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 12:38   Link #72
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It is a biaised point of view to say the Rasengan and the Chidori were equally strong since they cancelled each other twice... because they made different damage on a water tank depending of their mechanisms?
Then I guess you will agree that the Chidori is way more powerful than the Rasengan since the one Sasuke used against Itachi made damages that dwarf the water tank event.
Right i'm sure plaster/dry-wall and wood compare to steel.

Quote:
The pill Sasuke took allowed the CS to spread completely through his body. It gave a boost for the CS use, nothing out of it. The containment merely put Sasuke in a coma so the increasement of the Cursed Seal wouldn't kill him.
Personally I find rather amusing this trend to call plotholes anything that people don't like even when it acyually doesn't contradict anything within the story.
I also find it amusing to say it isn't abusing a plothole being anything that people do like when something doesn't openly contradict anything within the story.

Quote:
As for Sasuke being overpowered, overpowered compared to who? The regular Ninja-joe? Yeah definitively. A regular Jounin? Yeah he's way supperior now. The really powerful ninjas who are basically the only ones left now? No.
Sasuke is very strong. So does the Akatsuki, so does Naruto.
The topic says "way too overpowered?" Compared to who indeed? My interpretation of being "way too overpowered" would be like comparing Superman to a normal human being. And Sasuke is no Superman.

Last edited by That Other Ninja; 2007-05-22 at 13:11.
That Other Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 13:01   Link #73
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Easy, MS gives you powerful offensive techniques.
But then Itachi would be immune to them because he also has Sharingan and is a full blood, meaning there'd be no point in telling Sasuke to gain MS in order to challenge him in the first place.
Old 2007-05-22, 13:03   Link #74
othafa

Well, it makes them immune to the genjutsu moves only. There would still be black fire that they could hurl at each other using Ameratsu.

Edit: also we don't know the other kinds of jutsu that MS unlocks.
Old 2007-05-22, 13:07   Link #75
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Well, it makes them immune to the genjutsu moves only. There would still be black fire that they could hurl at each other using Ameratsu.
M'kay. But that's still saying Sasuke needs MS to match Itachi offensively.
Old 2007-05-22, 13:11   Link #76
othafa

Not necessarily. Sasuke already has a very impressive array of offensive abilities. No one said that MS's abilities were the best, just that they were very powerful. Sasuke may be a match for itachi offensively at this point if he can avoid Tsukoyumi.
Old 2007-05-22, 14:02   Link #77
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Red face

Quote:
Not necessarily. Sasuke already has a very impressive array of offensive abilities. No one said that MS's abilities were the best, just that they were very powerful. Sasuke may be a match for itachi offensively at this point if he can avoid Tsukoyumi.
Sasuke has yet to show techniques on the level of Tsukoyumi and Amaterasu i'm sure Hidden Shadow Snake Hand is cool and stuff but it can't compare with those two techniques that Itachi has....but having said that i'm sure my beloved Sasuke has a plan and it will work perfectly i wouldn't even be surprise if Sasuke was stronger than Itachi was My boy will come through, you'll all see.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 14:32   Link #78
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Sasuke has yet to show techniques on the level of Tsukoyumi and Amaterasu i'm sure Hidden Shadow Snake Hand is cool and stuff but it can't compare with those two techniques that Itachi has....but having said that i'm sure my beloved Sasuke has a plan and it will work perfectly i wouldn't even be surprise if Sasuke was stronger than Itachi was My boy will come through, you'll all see.
However, he has shown CS2+ very effective ways of manipulating lightning chakra. You don't actually need black fire to kill someone (except people like hidan or kakuzu), so the offensive level of his jutsu may be just as well suited for a 1 on 1 battle as itachi's are (barring tsukoyumi, since if it hits its literally an instant win). Furthermore, it seems that his offensive capabilities are more versatile than Ameratsu any way.
Old 2007-05-22, 14:35   Link #79
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
However, he has shown CS2+ very effective ways of manipulating lightning chakra. You don't actually need black fire to kill someone (except people like hidan or kakuzu), so the offensive level of his jutsu may be just as well suited for a 1 on 1 battle as itachi's are (barring tsukoyumi, since if it hits its literally an instant win). Furthermore, it seems that his offensive capabilities are more versatile than Ameratsu any way.
Compaing one's offensive capabilities to a single jutsu doesn't make for a strong comparison. Of course offensive abillities as a whole is more versatile than one attack, obviously.
Old 2007-05-22, 14:49   Link #80
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
I agree. Sasuke wouldn't rush to kill Itachi once again if he knows he will lose. Thats why he brought a team and bought weapons and supplies too. Sasuke isn't the one to be fooled 3 times believe me.

And Sasuke might just have MS. Just as Essener said we haven't seen him train.

Plus there is the Karin did *something* to Sasuke and it could have been to enhance his body. I doubt Sasuke would just let a girl do something to him. Especially if he doesn't find an interest.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote