1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-11, 16:42   Link #61
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx View Post
Quick question, how does Rock Lee walk on water if he has no talent as a ninja? I thought it was ninja training to beable to control their chakra to focus on their feet to climb up walls/walk on water.
The answer is very simple my friend:

This episode sucked.

The pacing sucked.
The animation sucked.
The humor sucked.
The fight scenes sucked.

Forgeting that lee cannot mold chakra was the cherry on top of the suck.
It was cute how they fooled us with the previous ep's, making us think all the effort over the past 1000 fillers have gone into the shippuden series.

I guess that's just wishfull thinking. The first 12 ep's were to draw us in, the rest is 'teh suck'. It's like crack, but worse.
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 16:49   Link #62
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
A show doesn't have to be 110% action to be good.
But if the pacing is horrendous, the episode will sure suck... and this episode sucked!

Like others said before me, this episode reeked of DBZ-style fight padding and I just can't stand that. Sure it had some action, but it was so drawnnnnn oooouuuuttttt that it was noticeable.

I gave this a 6 because the pacing was just horrible this week and I hope that it picks up next week.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 16:56   Link #63
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuNE View Post
The answer is very simple my friend:

This episode sucked.

The pacing sucked.
The animation sucked.
The humor sucked.
The fight scenes sucked.

Forgeting that lee cannot mold chakra was the cherry on top of the suck.
It was cute how they fooled us with the previous ep's, making us think all the effort over the past 1000 fillers have gone into the shippuden series.
Wowo that’s rather the most incorrect answer you could give. Actually this part of Rock Lee walking on water was in the Manga.

so the correct answer is that It was never said Lee could not mold chakra, what it was said is that Lee had no Talent in Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. So been able to walk on water should not be a problem for Lee, and more than he is a Chunin, previous to times skip Lee had already used Chakra for doing the Lotus.

And even for those none believers: comom, it has been 2 ½ years of training, so learning something like walking in water should not be a biggy.
Old 2007-05-11, 17:03   Link #64
Lendial

its nice seeing itachi but he made he poor guy stand around for 20 minutes.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 17:48   Link #65
EoT
~~

What I expect in Naruto is a bit of suspense when someone is going to use a new attack but in this episode they just kept throwing things out randomly, this episode after rewatching it again is nothing like any other Naruto fight, it's just .. nonsense.

Go watch episode 71 again and compare it to this one, everytime someone used a new move the music changed, it made me wonder what was going to happen next but with this episode it was none of the above.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 18:44   Link #66
nightengale5385

Very slow paced but average episode. Hopefully next week there will be more action and less dialog

6/10
nightengale5385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 19:38   Link #67
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Sorry Rune. But ur just one of the people who like to complain all the time. All the freaking dialogues were in the manga and it took 1 chapter to finish their freaking talk + we didnt even see Itachi doing the illusion technique on Naruto.

What they did extended it was the fight of Kisame, but yah just a few mins.

Finally, Rurik is right. Who said he cant mold chakra? With all the gates and it was in the manga also.

Now stop flaming the animated if u dont like it then dont watch it and go read the manga.

Next episode wont have that much dialogues, maybe some flashback or seeing gaara again but it will be just fight scenes.
Old 2007-05-11, 20:13   Link #68
Rurik
Golden

Chapter was good, it wasn't as good at the last 2 chapter, but still good, the animation was not of my liking, but besides that, everything went fine.

Some notes here:

*Kisame despite not been at 100% made a Water Jutsu a lot bigger than the one made by NIndaime Against
Sautobi.

*Kakashi said he lasted one week in coma after he received the Tsukijoumy, thats a mistake or by Anime team,
or by the Translators. As Naruto took some 5 weeks to Look and come back with Tsunade who was the
person that took Kakashi out of the Coma.

*Kakashi is implying the use of MS deteriorate the Eyesight, interesting observation there.

*There was a new BGM in this episode, it was very good, and it had a faint sound of an old BGM.

*Did Anyone notice next week preview only had bits of Kisame fight and not Itachi Fight?
Old 2007-05-11, 22:19   Link #69
Niche

the next episode is titled 'naruto's growth' acc'd to translators so perhaps we'll get mostly naruto with only splashes (pun intended) of gai. remember that kisame has already trapped the jounin so kisame and gai fighting 1 on 1 would be immediately following.

overall i gave it a 5. if not for the build up i'd have said it would be a 7.
Niche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 23:25   Link #70
gibits
Endless

It was bad, not "OMG that was the worst ever" but just plain old bad. Itachi and team 's staring contest bore me to tears, Kisame's voice sounds like an old geezer, and the animation was subpar. I was looking forward to Kisame owning team Gai too, and this was a dissappointment.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 23:46   Link #71
Ariesmu

Quote:
Quick question, how does Rock Lee walk on water if he has no talent as a ninja? I thought it was ninja training to beable to control their chakra to focus on their feet to climb up walls/walk on water.
READ manga chapter 258! You'll see that Lee is standing on water as well, so this is not anime-only material.

Walking on water is basic chakra control, something all academy graduates can do. What Lee cannot do is ninjutsu.
Ariesmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 00:17   Link #72
Covenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
Hey morons stop complaining about it being too slow. They only have 30 minutes to work with and at least 10 of those are credits and commercials.
Please God.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 01:00   Link #73
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Well the episode was ok. It would have been better if the pace was a bit faster. I got a bit frustrated when the scene was slowly changing while there was nothing on the background for one minute ( being sarcastic a bit ) then one sentence and the next 1 min .
Old 2007-05-12, 01:59   Link #74
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Why do we do this every other episode?

If it's bad don't watch it! But we all know you will because Naruto has control over you even if you think it's the worse crap in existence.

I saw all this coming, I thought the episode was ok. I think next episode will be good though and as for the switching I think one whole half should be based on one fight the other half on the other fight.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 07:36   Link #75
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
A show doesn't have to be 110% action to be good.
I agree on that one, but when the fighting scenes first came, they were horribly slow as well (look at the speed at which they are falling down, it looks like they are on the moon or something due to the low gravity) and relatively poor. I didn’t mind the dialogue between Naruto’s team and Itachi, it was the staring and the blowing wind that got me angry, it’s okay to have scenes like that to a degree, but when you see that scene repeating itself 4-5 times during a 20 minute episode, you simply get annoyed, and the episode seems poor.
Old 2007-05-12, 08:26   Link #76
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
After watching all the episodes till now, I can't say the animation is bad. I can't say the story telling is bad. I can't say the fillers are bad.

I have two things to say for the fights:

-Faster timing please!

The moves need to be executed faster! It feels like they drag an animated punch/kick way too long. (Remember when Gai kicks Kisame in the first series? Now, -that- was dynamic.)

It also feels like the fact they focus so much on well-drawn characters takes out the "drawn" feeling out of them. They're... too clean, too glossy.

-Soundtrack.

I hate it. I deeply hate the new soundtrack for Naruto, because it takes out the "hyperactivity" out of Naruto. It took out all the vitamin C ! Similarly, taking out the voice effects and the very "japanese" sounds out of it was such a bad move imo.

I do hope the studios re-think their soundtrack. (No offense to those who love the new soundtrack, I just feel like it lacks energy.)
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 09:54   Link #77
ignorancia
regret it!

Quote:
What I expect in Naruto is a bit of suspense when someone is going to use a new attack but in this episode they just kept throwing things out randomly, this episode after rewatching it again is nothing like any other Naruto fight, it's just .. nonsense.

Go watch episode 71 again and compare it to this one, everytime someone used a new move the music changed, it made me wonder what was going to happen next but with this episode it was none of the above
after watching the ep i thought it was ok, not so sloooooow paced as some people here find it

but after re-watching ep 71 i gotta agree with you the fighting scenes were so much better in the old series
ignorancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 10:56   Link #78
Apollian

Quote:
Fights were dragged out quite a bit, to a point where you actually notice. The only thing cool about the episode was Kisame's Jutsu. The Itachi part was severely extended.
This sums up the episode:
-Stare stare- That's itachi! -screen change to Kisami-
-stare stare- I see you don't remember who I am again?
WAIT... You are... nevermind I think I'll just reuse the joke from last episode, and completely destroy any humor in it by using it for an entire episode.
-Team Gai has a few good skirmishes and shots at Kisame-
-switch back to Itachi-
-Stare stare-
-stare-
-Naruto caught in Genjutsu already, shocker-
-Episode end-

yup,
ever had that feeling that you can't go back to the days of Dragonball Z, when
it takes them one whole episode to throw a single punch?
man, I couldn't believe my eyes, Itachi just stood there in front of Naruto and
Kakashi in the wind, and did nothing for 20 mins?
the good parts were at lest gai Sensi got busy, being that his maybe the greatest
hand to hand fighter in Tajustsu, its nice to see him flex his muscle.
but man, talk about a waste of time, I'd rather them miss last weeks episode to just show a 1 hour special next week, at least all the waiting would mean something at the end.
are these guys are really thinking that were enjoying this?
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:44   Link #79
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode was ok, but I felt that its potential was left unused for most of the time that took for all of the characters to do some serious fighting.

Oh, well! At least we got to see quite few of Kisame's moves:
Spoiler:

What truly vexed me more than just watching Itachi standing idle or Chiyo's long explanation about the best manner to fight Sharingan users was Gai's blockheaded mind.

How many times passed for Guy to recognize the feeling yet never recalling Kisame at all?

Oh, well! At least we get to learn another interesting detail for Itachi.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 17:04   Link #80
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Considering the previous episodes, pacing was ok. And, even the manga at that part was rather slow paced.

Unfortunately, that part of the story was not fit to be watched/created as a single good episode, because of the multiple fights taking place at the same time at different locations, a double episode would have been great, leaving the final scenes of the fights to the third episode. Anyway, as a single episode, this was supposed to be introduction, and it was acceptable. Actually, it was above average considering the average quality of the previous episodes.

I would like to hope, that this section will mark the beginning that the creators of the long filler seasons will be thrown away from the studio without any pay (sorry guys, but you have received enough pay for nothing for the last few years).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote