AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 117 66.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-09, 01:47   Link #61
godakame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
This show is supposed to be a comedy, right?
If you have no soul and enjoy the act of sodomizing cows, then yes it is a comedy. I can feel that bigger laughs are on the way!

Err, like everyone else I was expecting a tear-jerker episode, but only reached the point of almost crying but didn't. I'm not going to blame KyoAni for not envoking enough emtions throughout the episode because they did a hell of a job. But Rather I blame myself for watching Kanon on a weekly basis; I think that if I watch it in chunks, I'll get the desire effect of sobbing.
Old 2006-12-09, 01:58   Link #62
Forever
Revealing the truth

Well tears only went up when I saw makoto once again at the last scene sleeping with the cat. Since I knew she was going to die already, but i didnt knew there was a chance for her to be back (miracle).

If makoto could really come back again, I will be happy with tears in eyes again.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:00   Link #63
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for last scene, missing wish...:
Old 2006-12-09, 02:28   Link #64
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
If you completely manage to miss what the show and the characters are trying to acomplish, as well as have a heart of stone and are twice as cynical as me(which is saying a lot)...then yes, in this case, with the help of some halucinations, this might seem as a comedy j/k...

Seriously, just because there are some funny moments here and there does not make it in to a comedy. Air has them as well. When some one asks for a comedy do you recomend Air? Heck, Higurashi had it's comic moments.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2006-12-09 at 06:25.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:37   Link #65
Pakxenon
popcorn

Quote:
Well, at least this episode gave me a reason to continue watching...

Yes, it's a comedy. I laughed about 3 times max in this episode plus at least 5 cynical point-outs, even in the serious moments. It heightens my experience (though not intended) of watching Kanon. ^^

Though if you're watching this show just because the masses of fanboys are watching it, I don't see why you even need to click on that torrent link anyways. Even I, trying to point out every cheesy moment and felt like sleeping during this episode, can apprieciate for what the episode is [trying to do] and enjoy the story [while learning new things like Japanese mythology].

I'm curious to what reason it is making you to continue watching the show. For the laughs? You could always rerun the first 5 episodes and torture yourself.
Old 2006-12-09, 04:42   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
I'm curious to what reason it is making you to continue watching the show. For the laughs? You could always rerun the first 5 episodes and torture yourself.
heck its just a personal opinion ~ maybe DanielSong39 enjoys laughing at the suffering and pain for some unknown reason :X

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-09, 06:03   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've been suspecting mild trolling for quite a while... but yes, Kanon is a comedy.. and a drama ... and a romance ... and a mystery ... and a tragedy. Slices for everyone.
Old 2006-12-09, 08:20   Link #68
New/Old
Old to the New

Hmm-hmm. Yep. It's got slices for everyone. ^^

With this, my favorite arc (though I love every other story as well) concludes. And I do say I was satisfied with what Kyoani did with it. Hmm-hmm. A good one for me.

And now the Intermezzo. Hmm-hmm. ^^
Old 2006-12-09, 08:45   Link #69
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I wasn't satisfied that Kyo-Ani shortened the scene between Mishio and Makoto, where Mishio slowly soothes Makoto into uttering her name. In the game that part was longer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by how the longer scene would look like, as far as I remember
Mishio: What's your name?
Makoto: ......
Mishio: You have a name, right?
Mishio: Now come on. What's your name?
Makoto: ......Ma......
Mishio: "Ma"? So is your name just "Ma"? There's some more, right?
Makoto: ......Ko......
Mishio: "Mako"? Is your name "Mako"?
Makoto: ......To......"
Mishio: Makoto, is it?
Makoto: Ma...ko...to......
Mishio: Good girl... (caresses Makoto's head)
Makoto: Au~~ Makoto......
Brings a smile to one's face everytime I watch that scene.

But I'll let that gripe pass as Kyo-Ani this time included having Makoto try to utter out Yuuichi's name as well, which I thought was just as good.

The departure of Makoto was done really well, I did not expect Makoto to disappear so suddenly like that. I would have thought she would have faded out slowly after she dropped her hand to the ground. (There's even a game CG of her hand lying on the grass. )

I did not watch the Toei version, so when finally coming to the end of the Makoto story in the game, I was left wondering how Yuuichi disposed of Makoto's body. lol Kyo-Ani has at least answered that for me.

Before meeting Makoto, Mishio has been living in solitude caused by the pain of losing a dear friend (aka fox). Since meeting Makoto and seeing how strong Yuuichi was even after all these happened, Mishio began to open up and became cheerful again, becoming friends with Yuuichi.

In a way, you could say that by choosing the Makoto pathway in the game, you'll end up with Mishio as "your girl".

Next episode will see how Kyo-Ani manage to transit from Makoto's departure and into the next girl's storyline, and how they would accomodate Mishio into the remaining stories.
Old 2006-12-09, 08:46   Link #70
Merridew

My first viewing of this episode was really mixed because I was expecting to have the same emotional result as the Toei version had on me. My heart felt like it was trying to swell (the closest I get to crying), while being suppressed at the same time. But I liked how they went for the plot, maybe as a change to the vanishing that occurred in the Toei version, though I can't say that either was better than the other.

I thought the last scene was referring to Amano's words about how the hill will be filled with "them" again and how they are continually reborn into the world. But what was a little confusing was that Makoto appeared as a person but not as a baby fox. But at least it's telling me that there's hope that she's not permanently gone but her life spirit is still on the hill, much like how Kazehana portrayed her.

My favourite thing with this episode was how Amano's character seemed so much fuller compared to the one in the Toei version. When Yuuichi first met her, she was so cold and closed in, but during and at the end of this episode, she really opened up, and became a really likeable character (so much that I think she and Yuuichi looked like a match in that last scene they had).

I also liked how Nayuki became more supportive of Makoto and her situation. Before she couldn't do anything, but she really tried to make Makoto belong in this episode.

I hope I didn't reveal so much that would ruin the experience for other viewers. I'm still new here, so I don't know where spoiler tags are appropriate.
Old 2006-12-09, 08:57   Link #71
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Come to think of it, does the Shoujo Manga Yuuichi read to Makoto really exists?

(Image courtesy of Omni's blog)
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2012.jpg

冬のおわりのイデュー
Fuyu no Owari no Ideal
Old 2006-12-09, 08:57   Link #72
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 10
Before anything... kudos to Yuuichi and Makoto's voice actors.

Yuuichi Yuuichi Yuuichi *fangirls* Lucky Makoto~ He's such a tender and kind guy! He took care of Makoto to the last minute, trying his best to fulfill all her wishes.

Throughout the episode my heart was aching. The last scene of the wedding then her disappearing made my eyes teary. However, when I saw Makoto's image with Piro next to her made me smile widely (to the point of listening to the ending song!). As everyone said, this is a show of miracles, so I still have hope to see Makoto again.

Next episode: Uguu~~~ *happy*
Old 2006-12-09, 09:18   Link #73
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I wasn't satisfied that Kyo-Ani shortened the scene between Mishio and Makoto, where Mishio slowly soothes Makoto into uttering her name. In the game that part was longer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by how the longer scene would look like, as far as I remember
Mishio: What's your name?
Mishio: You have a name, right?
Mishio: Now come on. What's your name?
Makoto: ......Ma......
Mishio: "Ma"? So is your name just "Ma"? There's some more, right?
Makoto: ......Ko......
Mishio: "Mako"? Is your name "Mako"?
Makoto: ......To......"
Mishio: Makoto, is it?
Makoto: Ma...ko...to......
Mishio: Good girl... (caresses Makoto's head)
Makoto: Au~~ Makoto......
Brings a smile to one's face everytime I watch that scene.

But I'll let that gripe pass as Kyo-Ani this time included having Makoto try to utter out Yuuichi's name as well, which I thought was just as good.

The departure of Makoto was done really well, I did not expect Makoto to disappear so suddenly like that. I would have thought she would have faded out slowly after she dropped her hand to the ground. (There's even a game CG of her hand lying on the grass. )

I did not watch the Toei version, so when finally coming to the end of the Makoto story in the game, I was left wondering how Yuuichi disposed of Makoto's body. lol Kyo-Ani has at least answered that for me.

Before meeting Makoto, Mishio has been living in solitude caused by the pain of losing a dear friend (aka fox). Since meeting Makoto and seeing how strong Yuuichi was even after all these happened, Mishio began to open up and became cheerful again, becoming friends with Yuuichi.

In a way, you could say that by choosing the Makoto pathway in the game, you'll end up with Mishio as "your girl".

Next episode will see how Kyo-Ani manage to transit from Makoto's departure and into the next girl's storyline, and how they would accomodate Mishio into the remaining stories.
Well, the alternative is no interaction between Makoto and Amano at all, which is exactly what happened in the 2002 anime (ignoring that scene in the extra ep that made absolutely no sense). But you bring up a good point, in that, in the 2006 version, Amano is an actual character, more than just a plot device, that actually develops due to the events in this arc. If there was one thing in particular in this arc that I think KyoAni has massively improved upon over the 2002 version, it's this: the role Amano fills this time round.
Old 2006-12-09, 09:23   Link #74
Yuelon
喜怒哀

This was the most superb episode ever so far made, everything seem so realistic and the disappearance of Makoto wasn't too obvious like the Toei did. Just it wasn't that sadden than before, but overall it was great that they added the cherry blosson petal fall, that was the main theme of Makoto i recken.
So looking forward on other development Cheers!!

Who next i wonder?
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.

Old 2006-12-09, 11:49   Link #75
holybell84

My heart broke for this episode..... so sad......
Old 2006-12-09, 12:36   Link #76
DarrenW

What a great episode!
The suddenness of it really caught me off guard.

And it was great to see Mishio's character change by the end of this arc. Wonder if her hints about all of the foxes on the hill creating an "amazing miracle" is a foreshadowing of things to come?

But, it's been a bit too long since they last showed us most of the other girls. At least they showed us a glimpse of each of them towards the end of the episode. Just in case we'd forgotten about them, I guess.
Old 2006-12-09, 15:33   Link #77
martino
makes no files now

Oh dear. So the first arc has ended... It was a bit emotional for me, however it didn't affect me as much as when I saw it the first time in Toei's version. Well, I suppose that this is the price with have to pay for knowing too much. I think that it was done nicely, but somehow I would have liked the episode to have ended at Monomi Hill, and then continue with Amano in the next episode. However it was quite interesting to see Amano in her true light...

So Mai's next then; looking forward to it...
Old 2006-12-09, 15:51   Link #78
Meophist

For some reason, I found this to be more impactful than Toei's version.
Old 2006-12-09, 15:55   Link #79
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I agree, although it could be the fact that I watched 3 episodes in succession.
Old 2006-12-09, 16:13   Link #80
martino
makes no files now

I'm sure that it would have been more impactful if I wouldn't have seen the Toei version, since I knew what was going to happen...