Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-03, 04:45   Link #61
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate RFB
Will it somehow hurt playing Minagoroshi if I change my Unicode back and forth from Japanese to English? I just found out that certain alt+numbers combinations don't work with the unicode in Japanese, so I'd prefer to keep it in English except when I want to play Japanese games (which won't be that often). If I keep changing it back and forth, will that in any way affect my game? Will it be alright as long as the unicode is in Japanese when I play?
Nope, you can do that with no problems
Old 2006-10-03, 12:59   Link #62
Eric the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
...wha? It's right there o_O
Ok, I just want to clarify before I order this...

That link is to the conclusion of the game, which should include all the previous chapters, right? That's my understanding of how they've released this so far.

In preparation, I've downloaded the patch (and am seeding). All I'll have to do is wait for the CD to arrive.

Eric the Grey
Old 2006-10-03, 13:13   Link #63
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Grey
Ok, I just want to clarify before I order this...

That link is to the conclusion of the game, which should include all the previous chapters, right? That's my understanding of how they've released this so far.

In preparation, I've downloaded the patch (and am seeding). All I'll have to do is wait for the CD to arrive.

Eric the Grey
Sort of, I ordered that exact game from that exact website a couple of months ago, and it contains the 4 answer chapters.

If you want the first 4 chapters, you'll have to get another disc (which I also have).
Old 2006-10-03, 16:44   Link #64
I<3killerloli's

Wait. Are there English patches for the games already? Like, is there an English patch for Onikakushi Chapter - beyond? That would give me reason to go and buy the games if I could understand them.
Old 2006-10-03, 16:49   Link #65
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
Wait. Are there English patches for the games already? Like, is there an English patch for Onikakushi Chapter - beyond? That would give me reason to go and buy the games if I could understand them.
Only Minagoroshi's prologue is translated so far.
Old 2006-10-03, 19:17   Link #66
Ishun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Apparently, someone worked out a way to make the installation a lot smoother, and even make it work on OS's without japanese support, so stay tuned for more ^^
Ah! Does this really mean people without Japanese support (like me, I don't have XP's CD) will be able to play also? Is it working already or it's a future plan? If it doesn't work out I'll try what theacefrehley suggested and try to google the files.

I'd also like to thank you Freakman, ayyo and the others who are working in this amazing project.

EDIT:
A question about Valdra's method, when I copy the files in English folder into the main one, it's okay to overwrite the files right?

Last edited by Ishun; 2006-10-03 at 21:37.
Old 2006-10-04, 10:16   Link #67
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishun
EDIT:
A question about Valdra's method, when I copy the files in English folder into the main one, it's okay to overwrite the files right?
I used that method, and didn't overwrite the files.
Old 2006-10-04, 11:18   Link #68
Ishun

I'll try that thanks.

One more question, I thought we were suppose to buy the game, but you offered a link to download it on first page, is that a trial version of some sort?
Old 2006-10-04, 11:40   Link #69
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

It's a trial version which includes only Onikakushi-hen.

Old 2006-10-04, 12:29   Link #70
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishun
EDIT:
I overwrote them, the poem image came out in Japanese though, but you can get the poems on this forum here. So basically for the main text, either overwriting or not overwriting works.
Old 2006-10-04, 13:18   Link #71
myopius

Edit: I shouldn't whine that people didn't get to pay $25 for this because they were misinformed about visual novels, yeah... so n/m.

So yeah I will just probably order this over the summer, there's no way I can excuse paying money for a leisurely time commitment when I'll be having a ton of work pile up until then. =\ this is just my vent as you can see. Higurashi wins out of awesomeness in every universe, anyway.

Last edited by myopius; 2006-10-09 at 11:06.
Old 2006-10-04, 13:43   Link #72
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
I overwrote them, the poem image came out in Japanese though, but you can get the poems on this forum here. So basically for the main text, either overwriting or not overwriting works.
I dunno, the poem didn't work for me even though I didn't overwrite. Was it supposed to?

If so, I might uninstall the game and start again from scratch with the second patch, and attempt to get the official method to work. Last time, it just came up with an error when I tried to run onscripter.exe, until I moved it into the main higurashi8 file.
Old 2006-10-04, 14:11   Link #73
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Useful info added to the first post so people can refer to them without asking redundant questions.

Ayyo - everytime you release a patch, send me a link via PM so I can update the first post
Old 2006-10-04, 14:53   Link #74
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Kj, you might want to put this in the first post:

http://home.comcast.net/~kagamix2/xp...e_setting.html
Old 2006-10-04, 15:39   Link #75
adurant

Quote:
I overwrote them, the poem image came out in Japanese though, but you can get the poems on this forum here.
Putting the translated images into a "bmp\efe" folder (you might have to create both folders...) should cause the game to load the translated poem. ONscripter loads from directories first, and the archive second...

(I'm not guarenteeing anything yet, though, until I recheck how it's done on my computer when I get back home...)
Old 2006-10-04, 16:23   Link #76
Keriaku
Thought Being

Just to let everyone know, a forum for the Minagoroshi-hen translation is up, The Hinamizawa Club
Old 2006-10-04, 17:14   Link #77
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurant
Putting the translated images into a "bmp\efe" folder (you might have to create both folders...) should cause the game to load the translated poem. ONscripter loads from directories first, and the archive second...

(I'm not guarenteeing anything yet, though, until I recheck how it's done on my computer when I get back home...)
Doesn't work for me either and the file is in the bmp\efe folder. It's called si_mina.jpg
Old 2006-10-04, 17:43   Link #78
adurant

I double checked everything, and that's how I have it, and it loads the translated images without using the install.bat file... Do the other two images work or no? what version of the game are you using? and are non-unicode programs set to japanese?
Old 2006-10-04, 17:52   Link #79
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurant
I double checked everything, and that's how I have it, and it loads the translated images without using the install.bat file... Do the other two images work or no? what version of the game are you using? and are non-unicode programs set to japanese?
Seems it'll only work if onscripter.exe is being ran inside the English folder. Previously I couldn't get it to work there but when I saved arc.nsa there, it works.
Old 2006-10-04, 20:22   Link #80
Hopeful Death

I decided to be patient, buckle down and get the game.

But for future patches, are we supposed to apply them to what we already patched, to a "Fresh" version of the game, or will there be patch versions for both?
Closed Thread