AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 14:17   Link #61
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Off topic..

Metroid prime had good gameplay has well, yeah I whined a lot on some bosses about the controls, but when you use the right strategy, no matter how the controls sometimes are a hassle, it gets way easier anyway. I'm just too pissed to finish the game, I was at the final boss, and like 91% I think, and my sis just decided to delete my game when she was pissed at me for not letting her read some mangas of mine.

Oh and Socom rules, I just didn't got to try the second one yet. Dunno why.. And I gotta wait for this xmas vacations to play T'il the end of time, man I want to play so much, but I don't have the time to invest in that game right now.

Back to topic.. or is it really?

There is definately a problem with the nintendo controllers since the N64, I mean, take the L button on the n64 one, if you are playing with the joystick, you can't press the damn thing. For the gamecube, I've played both versions of SCII. And I own the cube version, my cousin has the ps2 version. There are so many combination I still have a hard time to pull off on gamecube, when I basically played only that version. When I got to play on ps2.. I could do some combos and trick so easily..

Well in the end, I'm still going with PSP, for it's cleaner looking handheld, while n-gage is still a joke (though i dont really know about the new version), and DS might be a possible buy when it will go for cheap. Both handhelds seems to have a nice game listing.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 16:25   Link #62
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyolux
Both handhelds seems to have a nice game listing.

The game list for nintendo DS isn't nice at all because nintendo is just using the same ol' established franchises and porting them to the DS (metriod, mario, and the newly announced sim game are some examples). While sony PSP on the other hand has so many new innovative games for it's debut. Some examples are Ren-Goku, Tenchi no Mon, Coded Arms, and Vampire Chronicles.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 16:35   Link #63
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
The game list for nintendo DS isn't nice at all because nintendo is just using the same ol' established franchises and porting them to the DS (metriod, mario, and the newly announced sim game are some examples). While sony PSP on the other hand has so many new innovative games for it's debut. Some examples are Ren-Goku, Tenchi no Mon, Coded Arms, and Vampire Chronicles.
Actually, the DS has several good launch titles by 3rd party game developers, such as Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (at least sounds good), the square-enix games (i'm a big squ-enix fanboy), and then stuff like metroid prime hunters.

But i do also like the sound of the launch titles for the PSP better. Too bad they both can't have the same games... but what would happen without competition?
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 18:57   Link #64
Kyolux

I do like the mario and company games, ok they are over used franchises, but they are still good, but it feels like years since I played a good new platform game like mario world 2, and the new mario wich can become super huge as well as the goombas, I'm totally playing this game some day. I remembered seeing some other interesting ideas for games as well on the DS, but it's true most of the good ones are for PSP.
Old 2004-09-25, 20:28   Link #65
FrostLich

Quote:
Nothing wrong with using established franchises. Metroid Prime was hyped because it had Samus in it. If it was just a good game without samus, then it wouldnt be as hyped but another sequal would have come out for it.

Im pretty sure that DS will be coming up with more games then the ones they mentioned that are mostly old franchises. They just arnt listing them because, these games will be the next big hit that they want to emphasis on. So, they still have innovative games + games that are probably high quality since they dont want to murder the popular franchise.

Being innovative is good but being inovative combined with doing what your good at is better.
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 21:05   Link #66
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLich
Nothing wrong with using established franchises. Metroid Prime was hyped because it had Samus in it. If it was just a good game without samus, then it wouldnt be as hyped but another sequal would have come out for it.

Im pretty sure that DS will be coming up with more games then the ones they mentioned that are mostly old franchises. They just arnt listing them because, these games will be the next big hit that they want to emphasis on. So, they still have innovative games + games that are probably high quality since they dont want to murder the popular franchise.

Being innovative is good but being inovative combined with doing what your good at is better.

Dude, there is nothing wrong with using established franchises once in a while, but nintendo breaks out the same franchises EVERY time they bring out a new system. It gets so repetative that it's just plain annoying for me. Over used is over used; there is no denying that nintendo needs to try some thing new for a change.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 23:11   Link #67
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Dude, there is nothing wrong with using established franchises once in a while, but nintendo breaks out the same franchises EVERY time they bring out a new system. It gets so repetative that it's just plain annoying for me. Over used is over used; there is no denying that nintendo needs to try some thing new for a change.

As long as its good, I seriously don't see what the problem is. They're always going to be like that, atleast they try to be different with each franchise when a new system hits.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 04:54   Link #68
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
As long as its good, I seriously don't see what the problem is. They're always going to be like that, atleast they try to be different with each franchise when a new system hits.
Yeah mario with the super soaker was SOOOO COOOL
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-26, 05:13   Link #69
JubeiYamazaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Yeah mario with the super soaker was SOOOO COOOL
Mario Sunshine...? That was actually pretty dope platformer.
Old 2004-09-26, 09:42   Link #70
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
I totally agree with you. Not only do they reuse the franchise every time a new console coems out, but about 5 times inbetween. Its not a problem once... maybe not even twice if the game is good... but i mean, like 7 Mario Party games in a time sequence of like 3 years... come on.. thats when you know that you are being robbed.
Old 2004-09-27, 00:43   Link #71
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Mario Sunshine...? That was actually pretty dope platformer.
I loved Mario Sunshine. I admit I used to be a graphic's whore and I didnt like that the buildings were too plain (I cant believe I was that stupid). But after completing it I realized what a fantastic fun game it was, I cant understand people that didnt like it, it was really fun! and I also think that Mario did look cool with the fludd, some of you may think that it would be cooler with a gunshot ... I better not say whats in my mind.

The same with the Wind Waker, specially with this one, I was among the hordes of fanbois that didnt like link's new look, then I played the game and it was like Nintendo slaping me for being an idiot, it was a work of art in every sense.

I wouldnt call the Mario Party series a rehash, this games are basically a bunch of minigames, every new game in the series is just a pack of newer minigames, I cant see how thats repetitive, every minigame is completly different.

Nintendo may over use their franchises, but I dont really care since Ive had more different gameplay experiences than in all FPS or RTS games Ive played.

and here I go in another lame attempt to stay on topic...

the DS official japanese site (the commercials were funny XD )
http://www.touchds.jp/ (I dont know why I even care too give you links, no one seems to be looking at them)

and has anyone noticed where the analog stick is in the PSP? its way too low, seems that it would be difficult to reach...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:56   Link #72
SirJeannot
AT Field

i've found some interesting device
www.oqo.com

that's the handheld device from my dreams
Old 2004-09-27, 02:53   Link #73
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
I am leaning towards PSP simply because of the new FF7 game for it.... and the larger selection of RPG games for PSP, assuming the trends for the type of game launched on PS2 wouldn't changed
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 10:23   Link #74
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
I am leaning towards PSP simply because of the new FF7 game for it.... and the larger selection of RPG games for PSP, assuming the trends for the type of game launched on PS2 wouldn't changed

There is no new FF7 game for the PSP
Old 2004-09-27, 12:32   Link #75
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
and has anyone noticed where the analog stick is in the PSP? its way too low, seems that it would be difficult to reach...
Yeah, the analog stick is a little retarded. It is a nice idea, but it looks a little, as you said, hard to reach, and sort of pointless.
Old 2004-09-27, 15:54   Link #76
JubeiYamazaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I loved Mario Sunshine. I admit I used to be a graphic's whore and I didnt like that the buildings were too plain (I cant believe I was that stupid). But after completing it I realized what a fantastic fun game it was, I cant understand people that didnt like it, it was really fun! and I also think that Mario did look cool with the fludd, some of you may think that it would be cooler with a gunshot ... I better not say whats in my mind.

The same with the Wind Waker, specially with this one, I was among the hordes of fanbois that didnt like link's new look, then I played the game and it was like Nintendo slaping me for being an idiot, it was a work of art in every sense.

I wouldnt call the Mario Party series a rehash, this games are basically a bunch of minigames, every new game in the series is just a pack of newer minigames, I cant see how thats repetitive, every minigame is completly different.

Nintendo may over use their franchises, but I dont really care since Ive had more different gameplay experiences than in all FPS or RTS games Ive played.

and here I go in another lame attempt to stay on topic...

the DS official japanese site (the commercials were funny XD )
http://www.touchds.jp/ (I dont know why I even care too give you links, no one seems to be looking at them)

Yeah, Mario Sunshine was really fun and graphically impressive, as for the Mario Party games, I loved them, because each one is different, I mean all it is is a Nintendo verison of a board game with tons of mini-games, but me and my friends have had some good times. The mashing games hurt my thumbs though.

Everyone thinks Nintendo is Capcom, Capcom re-uses the same spirites/mechanics until they can't make a profit off of it, I mean when the NES was dead, they still made two Megaman's before actually making one for the SNES. And SF: Ann. Collection. Has two modes, SF:3rd Strike and Hyper SF. Hyper SF is the combination of the previous SF games with different modes, (each mode is a different SF game). Just the fact, that the spirites, and mechanics for all 5 games have been virtually the same proves that Capcom just loves milking shit out.

That's why I couldn't stand playing Resident Evil: Zero/remake on GameCube. The controls are outdated. When the first RE came out, the controls were dope and since it was the first of its kind in a sense, there was more acceptance, but 4-5 years later, they're virtually the same? That's why I'm so looking forward to RE:4 they totally reworked the controls.

But yeah, atleast Nintendo tries new shit with their franchises, even if they do release the same re-hash games, if they're fun, then what's really the problem?

EDIT: I read all links, and I liked the DS CMs.
New PSP video: http://www.wirelesswatch.jp/vdo/110hb.wmv
Old 2004-09-27, 17:42   Link #77
DekaMaster
Banned

The problem is Marito with a squirt gun and Luigi with a vacum are not fun.
Old 2004-09-27, 19:31   Link #78
Kyolux

PSP price announced at TGS... 349$ USD... OUCH!!!

About it's analog stick, we can't know if it's comfy or not until we get our hands on the thing.
Old 2004-09-27, 20:47   Link #79
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyolux
PSP price announced at TGS... 349$ USD... OUCH!!!

About it's analog stick, we can't know if it's comfy or not until we get our hands on the thing.

And did you also get that from www.gccafe.com or did you be smart about it, and call sony or go to their official sites? All you nintendo fans are really deluded if you think sony is going to price their new hand held above nintendo's.
Old 2004-09-27, 20:54   Link #80
Meatwad
Banned

I think the Nintendo will keep control of the handheld market for a few reasons. Sorry Sony fanboys, but Nintendo is Sony of the handheld world, and being that their system is backwards compatable AND it is half more than half the price of the PSP, I don't see Sony's product taking over.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote