Old 2003-12-02, 05:26   Link #61
K_R
also known as K!

Shouldn't that be in spoiler tags?
Old 2003-12-02, 05:30   Link #62
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

NoSanninWa points to the episode number in the thread title. Only information on what happens after episode 16 needs to be in spoiler tags since this is a discussion of episode 16. It would be kinda hard to have a discussion of the episode if absolutely everything is a spoiler.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-02, 05:41   Link #63
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
OMG!! This episode was absolutely awesome! The fights were incredible and I was just boiling at the end when Uncle announced that he was going to marry Youka off to that annoying flirt Kakufu. Then Youka asked Koko to marry him and I was so excited my heart went doki-doki! Then my stomach fell as I heard how their love is forbidden!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I want episode 17 right now! This hurts so much to wait!

Incidently, wasn't that an unacceptable level of cheating when Youka and Shouryuujo teamed up to finish off Kinrinhouou? These were all supposed to be one-on-one matches. Was the crowd just so worked up about Kinrinhouou and Kuduu's dirty tactics that nobody cared about such things any more?
I dought the qould have cared cause that old man already interfered with that duded witht the big metal staff,by throwing that rock at Youka.

This episode was great,Ive loved each and every episdoe,gets better each episode i watch.Think ill go along with NoSanninWa, the ending was good but bad also,for a moment there when he pushed shouryuujo down i thought youka was gonna beat the shit out of him,but he didnt
Old 2003-12-02, 06:27   Link #64
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

HU-hu-hu (crying)

Thank you evil guys

Master Ran
Old 2003-12-02, 06:28   Link #65
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Wow! I wake up and here's Condor Hero 16! I'm downloading it now. I can't wait~ Maybe this won't be such a bad day afterall. xD
Old 2003-12-02, 08:21   Link #66
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Ok. I just watched it. It was so good it gave me goosebumps! Can't wait till the next episode. ^-^

I really wish this series would get licensed. =(
Old 2003-12-02, 10:42   Link #67
Shenlong

My heart is breaking.. *sniff*
Old 2003-12-02, 10:50   Link #68
dark_breaka
Äñìmê Frëã|{

Man that was one of the best episodes ever specially since yoka finally got to fight

and show all the different skills he learned damn i just can't wait for the next ep of

this series. Thanks live evil
Old 2003-12-02, 11:45   Link #69
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hi all. Jus started watching Condor Hero. Can't say I'm impressed even though I already know the whole story myself. I dunno if this anime will follow the actual novel but if I remember correctly...
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 12:40   Link #70
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
great episode and its nice to c youka show all of his new moves but there is one thing puaazling me
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-02, 13:18   Link #71
LynnieS

whatever123 - You mean the guy who fights with the brush? No, I'm fairly sure that the seven martial artists who trained Guo Jing were dead by the time the first novel ended. He's a student of... whoever is the southern master, I think.
Old 2003-12-02, 13:53   Link #72
stpam

Oh man that was an awesome show kudos to Live Evil for subbing this awesome series!
Old 2003-12-02, 14:33   Link #73
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
whatever123 - You mean the guy who fights with the brush? No, I'm fairly sure that the seven martial artists who trained Guo Jing were dead by the time the first novel ended. He's a student of... whoever is the southern master, I think.
thanx LynnieS thats what i wanted to know ( i only read the first 3 chapter of the first book the translation site i founded had only released that so i cant go to the next book without finishing the first)

and also r the names altered in the anime or not ????
Old 2003-12-02, 17:30   Link #74
LynnieS

Names altered? Umm, I think so, but mainly to suit the Japanese palate and pronunciation more than anything else.

The character might be a student of the the eastern master (Gou Jing's wife's father) instead, though. I lose track of everyone too easily.

You really don't need to know the first novel to read the others, though, and that's especially true of the third one of the series, IMHO.

Edit - I always manage to put my text into white letters...
Old 2003-12-02, 17:49   Link #75
Momo99

Quote:
Names altered? Umm, I think so, but mainly to suit the Japanese palate and pronunciation more than anything else.

The character might be a student of the the eastern master (Gou Jing's wife's father) instead, though. I lose track of everyone too easily.

You really don't need to know the first novel to read the others, though, and that's especially true of the third one of the series, IMHO.

Nope you guys are wrong. The scholar is the first pupil of the king who became a monk after refusing to save the baby of his wife. In addition the 7 wierdos are all not dead yet. The oldest blind one is still alive.
Old 2003-12-02, 18:45   Link #76
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo99
Nope you guys are wrong. The scholar is the first pupil of the king who became a monk after refusing to save the baby of his wife. In addition the 7 wierdos are all not dead yet. The oldest blind one is still alive.
Okay, it's been awhile since I last read the first novel. Guess it's time I dig it out of my bookshelves, then.

Isn't the monk the southern representative - like Youka's adopted father is the Poison of the West - of the five masters, though? Dunno the guy's name, though...
Old 2003-12-02, 20:31   Link #77
Momo99

Quote:
Okay, it's been awhile since I last read the first novel. Guess it's time I dig it out of my bookshelves, then.

Isn't the monk the southern representative - like Youka's adopted father is the Poison of the West - of the five masters, though? Dunno the guy's name, though...
Yes he's one of the 5
Old 2003-12-02, 21:52   Link #78
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:

In the previous novel, there are 5 masters (since it all happened before this anime, i will not put spoiler tag)
the east one is kaksui's wife dad, the north one is the begger that is kaksui and his wife's master, the south one is only important later in the novel, the west one is the bad guy, (but get mentally confused by kaksui's wife in the end of previous novel and befriend youkas and is youkas's only friend pretty much in the early part of this novel).
The 7 weirdo are also kaksui's master, but they are much weaker than any of the big masters, 6 of them are killed from previous novel by western master.
In this novel only the eldest guy (he is the blind one) is alive and kicking, but not doing much other than get pissed of youka becoz his Dad is the reason the other 6 are killed and kicked him out of the peach blossom island.
The other 7 monks from the daoish temple from the 1st episode of condor hero are the one taught youka's dad in the previous novel. Unfornately, they failed bad and youka's dad ended up get killed (partially credit to kaksui and his wife).
Hopefully i didnt spoil anything, did I?
Old 2003-12-03, 02:38   Link #79
Jub3i
Golden Shinobi Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
OMG!! This episode was absolutely awesome! The fights were incredible and I was just boiling at the end when Uncle announced that he was going to marry Youka off to that annoying flirt Kakufu. Then Youka asked Koko to marry him and I was so excited my heart went doki-doki! Then my stomach fell as I heard how their love is forbidden!

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I want episode 17 right now! This hurts so much to wait!

Incidently, wasn't that an unacceptable level of cheating when Youka and Shouryuujo teamed up to finish off Kinrinhouou? These were all supposed to be one-on-one matches. Was the crowd just so worked up about Kinrinhouou and Kuduu's dirty tactics that nobody cared about such things any more?
As far as the cheating,
I figured that since Youka had already won the 2 matches that it was all over and Kinrinhouou was just bein a stubborn ass when he wanted to fight Shouryuujo.

As far as the episode in general, it was cool that Youka got to show off n stuff, but like one of the other posters said, I want Shouryuujo to farkin find out that Youka wasn't the one who raped her.
And whats up with the 2 brothers tryin to impress their sister all the time. They act like they've got a crush on her or somethin. I mean, who cares what she thinks...
Old 2003-12-03, 03:19   Link #80
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jub3i
And whats up with the 2 brothers tryin to impress their sister all the time. They act like they've got a crush on her or somethin. I mean, who cares what she thinks...
Those two Wu brothers are not her brothers, but adopted by Kaksui. They are sons of one of the four generals/disciples of Southern King. Two of which dueled in the great heroes meeting.

Kinda of like Da Capo? No?

Last edited by Don Eunuch; 2003-12-03 at 03:55.
Closed Thread