AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-26, 07:05   Link #61
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Personally I find the Arknights setting at least well done compared to others, after you peel off the post-apocalyptic layer. It's very detailed outside of a few techno-mumbo-jumbo. Most others are extremely hand wavy in everything including motivations of characters.
Personally, the main story is alright, but I'm more of a fan of the side-stories / rest of the world. Granted, the main story only got exciting for me when a certain Wendigo and Snow Bunny came to the forefront.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 18:33   Link #62
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well everyone is after Misha tearing the city apart just looking for her

Is the Doctor weak or something he cant carry Misha on his back its not like he doing anything
Every single scene that the Doctor is in gives the impression that they are physically weak.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 17:18   Link #63
grecefar

Doctor had a small support role there, but he is the MC not a bystander ;A;

He should control the lungmen guards. I'm guessing he does it in the game.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 21:17   Link #64
larethian

There's not much characterization depth in the game to Doktah since he's the player and he is suffering from amnesia. With respect to his past background story, we only get hints from his interactions with people who know him before in the previous iteration of RI (which makes up a small minority of current RI). Most operators would meet him for the first time after his exfiltration. Other than that, you do get to know more about Doktah's current persona through some of operator records that make up some of the side stories outside of events. That said, unless they are just being cautious about not making too many assumptions that might detract from what plans might be installed for the Doktah's persona, they could definitely flesh him out more using their own creative discretion just for the anime universe. It's an adaptation, I'm definitely of the camp for them to take a few liberties and make him more interesting for the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Personally, the main story is alright, but I'm more of a fan of the side-stories / rest of the world. Granted, the main story only got exciting for me when a certain Wendigo and Snow Bunny came to the forefront.
The finale build up for last few stages in episode 8 were some of the most thrilling moments. The latest episode 10 was also a gripping read. The side stories were a mix bag for me though they are all mostly interconnected in some way indirectly at least. Those that have a lot of political talks and conversations with few battles or just long discussions before battles were honestly hard to get through.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-02, 21:44   Link #65
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well who didnt see that coming Misha getting taking by the enemy but that girl really knows how to use those explosives in a very cunning way
Old 2022-12-09, 14:18   Link #66
Tenzen12

Initially I was quite critical of this anime, but I changed mind. This might be best comedy show of year. I couldn't stop laughing whole episode
Old 2022-12-09, 17:36   Link #67
grecefar

yeah this was stupid, it will be more if misha turns and join reunion because she hates amiya now.

because she didn't heard all the hate stuff alex said and when he never denied reunion killed a lot of people and she absolutely didn't saw him almost blow himself to kill doctor and everybody who was there.
Old 2022-12-09, 20:38   Link #68
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
yeah this was stupid, it will be more if misha turns and join reunion because she hates amiya now.

because she didn't heard all the hate stuff alex said and when he never denied reunion killed a lot of people and she absolutely didn't saw him almost blow himself to kill doctor and everybody who was there.
If she really does join the mass murders because the stupid rabbit killed her brother in an attempt to keep him from killing himself and others it will be the high light of this rather boring show. Maybe her mass murder name could be Rabbit Scalper or Huge Moron.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 21:50   Link #69
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Amiya really pulling out a desperate move there to save the Doctor its just to bad that it was in front of Misha who just reunited with someone she knows
Old 2022-12-10, 10:28   Link #70
GDB

Early Arknights story is so bad, I still have no idea why they decided to go with this instead of doing a prequel, the interesting side stories, or jumping ahead to Frostnova or even further when the story is actually interesting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-16, 19:16   Link #71
grecefar

Well it's over.

I like this anime, it started pretty great and I enjoyed the slow pace but these two last chapters... even I can tell it was bad, misha looked really stupid at the end joining reunion but well it was for the drama.

There is going to be a second season, looking foward to it.
Old 2022-12-16, 21:46   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Misha just wanted to live a normal life but just got caught up it all the fighting and only found one way to do with it

Well got to hand it to W with both a killer entrance and exit

7/10 Looking forward to more
Old 2022-12-17, 07:04   Link #73
Tenzen12

If this show was just slightly better to point it's hilariously bad, it would be unwatchable. If that's what's what creators went for, I have to give them props. There was whole episodes of infodumps, yet it managed avoid delivering any relevant information about world, characters or story. That itself is boredeline miracle. We met plenty of characters but with basically zero effort to know who they are or what they are doing.

It was worse (but more funny) then Girls Frontline anime and I didn't thought that's even possible.
Old 2022-12-17, 07:04   Link #74
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like the anime. It's clear that what it's trying to do is very different to the expectations of what most people put on it (especially the people who skipped story ) but it's pretty good rendition of the early storyline. I enjoyed it for what it is.

We are getting Lee's detective agency starting next week which is the action-y/comedy thingy people want. And just like the naysayers asked it's 3min per episode.
Old 2022-12-17, 08:00   Link #75
GDB

I don't remember anyone asking for 3 minute episodes though?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-18, 12:12   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't remember anyone asking for 3 minute episodes though?
Not here. But a lot of people who reacted to the episode went "well they could have just compacted all that (12 min scene) into X minutes"

Unfortunately this show suffered from a lot of preconceived expectations. It's very accurate to the source material (I played it before show aired and very recently), mostly changing things that were very gamified such the original so they're better for screen time.
Old 2023-09-20, 04:25   Link #77
larethian

Arknights "Perish In Frost" airing on Oct-6. Will be 8 episodes.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-10-06, 18:52   Link #78
grecefar

it's back.

forstnova is such a cool name. I still remember a little from the first season.
Old 2023-10-13, 22:12   Link #79
larethian

Given her music background, Takagaki Ayahi definitely the right choice for Frostnova with episode 10's rendition of her arts.
Old 2023-10-20, 22:26   Link #80
grecefar

hoshigumo was mvp this chapter.