AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-19, 11:20   Link #61
Frontier

Uzaki is still raking Sakurai over the coals on the whole first name thing, meanwhile Ami shows up immediately to see this and meet Yanagi. How did she know exactly what was going on? Does he have the place bugged !?

Uzaki saying "Shinichi" so much like she enjoys it! I didn't think it would come out so naturally compared to her calling him "Senpai" but it feels like she really wants to call him by his first name !

Sakurai was doing so well up until he couldn't commit to them just going on a first name basis. But he managed to salvage it by realizing the reason he doesn't do it is because Uzaki is special. Just look at that glow up on Hana once she hears this. And no takebacks !

I love how the father and daughter are feasting on this SakuraixUzaki romcom antics and Yanagi, a first-timer, still isn't used to it and isn't quite sure what's going on. But she catches on quick! And seems willing to play wingwoman .

Ah, now Tsuki is convinced that, not only are Sakurai and Hana going out, but that Sakurai has intentions towards Yanagi. Which necessitates her involvement, even if that will only make things worse and more confusing for poor Uzaki mama .

Good for Fujio that, despite his daughter not telling him stuff, he was finally able to get his son to confide in and need him !

So Kiri thinks he's hot stuff when it comes to physical fitness, even though he's just a small fry, and thinks he can outshine all the old people...only for some very in-shape old people proceed to outdo him. Classic irony .

It gets even worse when Sakurai finally enters the plot. Turns out Kiri is in the swim club like Sakurai was back in his high school days, but Sakurai is a master swimmer and Kiri can barely keep up with him. For added irony what's spurring Sakurai to swim so hard is the fact that he's trying to get calling Kiri's older sister "special" out of his mind .

Sakurai's six-pack and massive, glowing, magnum will haunt Kiri for years to come...
Old 2022-11-19, 15:40   Link #62
grecefar

I always found the japanese culture about the names weird, like really saku can call everybody by their names and can't with hana because embarrassment...

Kiri's part was boring until saku showed up, seems like saku has a big equipment too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-19, 15:58   Link #63
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Kiri thinks he's hot stuff when it comes to physical fitness, even though he's just a small fry, and thinks he can outshine all the old people...only for some very in-shape old people proceed to outdo him. Classic irony .
Which is even funner when you remeber that he has the same VA as Boruto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Sakurai's six-pack and massive, glowing, magnum will haunt Kiri for years to come...
I guess Sakurai needs Sugoi Dekai pants.
Old 2022-11-19, 18:49   Link #64
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I always found the japanese culture about the names weird, like really saku can call everybody by their names and can't with hana because embarrassment...
Well, a change in how you refer to someone implies a change in your relationship...

Quote:
Kiri's part was boring until saku showed up.
For what it's worth, some of it was anime only padding.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-19, 19:16   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sakurai confirmed to have a massive dong. Kiri was traumatized by the sight alone, imagine his reaction when he finds out who Sakurai is... the mental images won't leave his mind.

Yanagi is still cool. Definitely the most level headed of the family. She couldn't quite understand why Ami and her dad were eating rice while watching Uzaki and Sakurai "argue" but it's something that's still a mystery even to me. Do the Japanese have a meme about eating rice when something entertaining happen, like we do with pop corn?
Old 2022-11-19, 20:11   Link #66
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do the Japanese have a meme about eating rice when something entertaining happen, like we do with pop corn?
That's the only thing I've been able to think of since the first time I saw it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-19, 21:44   Link #67
Decel

Ooohh, didn't think to associate the rice eating to popcorn! But it's plain rice! Popcorn has salt and butter.
Old 2022-11-19, 21:49   Link #68
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yanagi really cause such turmoil between Hana and Shinichi making he to say something he wanted to keep secret but got to hand it to those two eating rice while watching it all

Looks like Kiri not going to the gym anytime soon
Old 2022-11-20, 02:03   Link #69
HandofFate

Hana is going to be in for a big surprise during her first time with Shinichi
Old 2022-11-21, 05:13   Link #70
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She couldn't quite understand why Ami and her dad were eating rice while watching Uzaki and Sakurai "argue" but it's something that's still a mystery even to me. Do the Japanese have a meme about eating rice when something entertaining happen, like we do with pop corn?
It's the Japanese culture of eating rice with side dishes. Except the side dishes are the happenings with Uzaki and Sakurai. Those two's antics are so filling and delicious that rice is the only thing you need to feel full.
So yeah, kinda like popcorn when something entertaining is happening.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 11:23   Link #71
Frontier

So was this basically the equivalent of the trip episode from season 1 where they visit an actual place, get some fanservice in there, and advertise how awesome it is? Although instead of just Sakurai and Hana, we've got the true main characters of this season...the Uzaki family !

Fujio wants to go on a family trip! And everyone is game except Kiri, who is still emotionally traumatized from the power of Sakurai's golden magnum! He even needs the cats to comfort him .

Well, it's Fujio and the girls, and we also see why it's dangerous to have a jealous father behind the wheel of a car...but we also get Smol!Hana flashbacks! With her dad teaching her Kansai-ben! And she had longer hair! It was super adorable !

The authors' mascot character getting intimidated by an actual mascot character who gives him a training arc where he gets a square head that turns away the ladies...well, that was a sub-plot in this episode .

The Uzaki women in swimsuits was a feast for the eyes! All three girls in bikini's that graciously show off those Sugoi Dekai's in their true glory while also hugging tight to their butts, and Tsuki had a surprisingly daring swimsuit! Some great fanservice this week !

Ah yes, can't have a pool episode without the girls getting hit on by pushy guys, especially since Hana's boyfriend isn't around to ward them off. Although even these guys draw the limit at asking out middle school girls (and poor Hana can still pass for one), although that one guy said he'd wait five years until their dad showed up .

Tsuki's still got it! Even being married with three kids can't stop guys from hitting on her! But it turns out her husband is the most popular as guys flock to take pictures of how swole he is .

Well, I guess we couldn't have an episode without Sakurai showing up, although I love how Sakurai and Uzaki are so used to Sakaki's antics that they can't believe he's not responsible for this chance meeting. Now if only Sakurai had gotten to see the rest of the family, but I guess we'll leave off on how Sakurai and Uzaki spend so much time together and Sakurai complimenting her swimsuit !

Ah yes, it checks out that Kiri would only be in it to get hit on by college girls...even though his luck with women is as good as the shocked cat .
Old 2022-11-26, 15:09   Link #72
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It's great the anime went out of its way to tell the audience that this is an anime-original episode. So we can skip it and know we missed out on nothing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 17:08   Link #73
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's great the anime went out of its way to tell the audience that this is an anime-original episode. So we can skip it and know we missed out on nothing.
Well...Uzaki family antics and swimsuits .
Old 2022-11-26, 19:28   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I could tell this was an advertising episode since they used actual pictures as backgrounds, but I didn't know it was anime original. Despite that, I still thought the Kuso Cat subplot was the best thing in the ep. Well, best behind the Uzakis' massive tits, I'm not completely crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
BUT THE TITS
Old 2022-11-26, 21:06   Link #75
grecefar

I can't be mad by seeing the uzaki girls in swimsuits and had some funny moments.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-26, 21:34   Link #76
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Tsuki really holding up and wearing that bikini at her age

Fujio protecting his daughters tell he get all the attention
Old 2022-11-26, 23:44   Link #77
Chosen_Hero

Fanservice episode... I see no reason to complain.
Old 2022-11-27, 16:23   Link #78
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kiri might want to go see a therapist . I get being a bit down over getting shown up constantly at the gym. But being that traumatized over Sakurai's firepower has broken him. I know he's a petty person, but hopefully he uses this as a chance to grow. Instead of...imploding psychologically like he's doing.

Definitely one of those episodes though. I guess some shows need the cash from basically dedicating an episode to advertising a real world vacation spot.

Hana, her sister, and her mother in swimsuits definitely helped the episode .
Old 2022-12-01, 05:22   Link #79
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 05:32.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-01, 10:54   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Ami managed to get them to cosplay again .

Not that I'm complaining .