Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-22, 18:43   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
You kinda misunderstood. It's been 27 years since Nia became a spirit and stopped aging. Physically wise Nia is around 19 but mentally she is around 46/47. So you could say, Shido now has a very mature woman in his harem .
I misunderstood as well... I thought she became a spirit when she was a kid and stopped aging when her body reached its prime. A shame she lost her powers and apparently will just be a member of Ratatorsk, but at least she'll still be around.

So Wescott is basically inverse Shido, and he just obtained the most OP power seen in the series so far. Only Kurumi comes close.

The spirits all being former humans wasn't too surprising a reveal to me.
Old 2022-04-22, 19:04   Link #62
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I misunderstood as well... I thought she became a spirit when she was a kid and stopped aging when her body reached its prime.
As soon as one gets a Sephira crystal and is at 100% spirit energy, aging is stopped.
If she became a spirit as a kid, she would have stayed a kid until sealing. Even though they are not kids generally speaking, but Yoshino and Natsumi are good examples for this. Don't worry. There is more than enough mystery left .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 20:57   Link #63
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well who can sell out the fastest but I think but Nia really won since she did it alone and all the other have bunny costumes on
Old 2022-04-22, 23:21   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well who can sell out the fastest but I think but Nia really won since she did it alone and all the other have bunny costumes on
Sex sells, but so does quality .
Old 2022-04-23, 01:54   Link #65
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Why did Westcott want the inverted crystal? If it were me I would've wanted the all-knowing book since that's more useful, or can he use that power too when he took Nia's?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 07:13   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Why did Westcott want the inverted crystal? If it were me I would've wanted the all-knowing book since that's more useful, or can he use that power too when he took Nia's?
Beelzebub seemed to be working roughly the same way as Raziel. She could use future entry with it.

And I'd say the reason he wants to steal inverted Spirits powers is that they're the only ones he can steal.
Old 2022-04-23, 09:15   Link #67
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
You shouldn't underestimate the power of the Qlipha. There should be an explanation soon to bring some light in the dark.

Old 2022-04-23, 09:20   Link #68
Frontier

Yeah, I think he can only absorb crystals from Inverted Spirits which is why he's trying to Invert all of them.

With Beelzebub he has the ability to reverse any Spirits power against them (which might even be useful against Shido) and summon shadow goons, basically, so that's actually pretty useful. It didn't seem like Nia was at all combat-oriented before she went Inverse.
Old 2022-04-23, 09:54   Link #69
moridin84
Custom User Title

So essential Shido can only take the powers of regular spirits while Westcott can only take the powers of inverted spirits.

Although of course, Shido only does so with consent.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 10:36   Link #70
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, I think he can only absorb crystals from Inverted Spirits which is why he's trying to Invert all of them.
Do not mistake. Westcott himself can't extract anything. It was Artemisias doing. He just absorbed it. In theory he could absorb Sephira crystal but since it's pendant is stronger, why shouldn't you go with them. There is more to it, but we will get something down the road.

Quote:
It didn't seem like Nia was at all combat-oriented before she went Inverse.
Correct. Combat wise Nia is the weakest of all of them.

Old 2022-04-23, 11:47   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So essential Shido can only take the powers of regular spirits while Westcott can only take the powers of inverted spirits.

Although of course, Shido only does so with consent.
Westcott really is the anti-Shido .
Quote:
Correct. Combat wise Nia is the weakest of all of them.
I smell a support role .
Old 2022-04-25, 16:05   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
These characters are professionals at standing around and doing nothing. They must have all been suffering from lack of sleep from getting ready for the Nia competition . I know it's pretty common for main characters to just stand around while the villain monologues. But it felt especially extreme here. They stood around while Nia was taken down, had that crystal taken, that crystal getting absorbed, and then the guy talking about how he'd take them all down and absorb their powers too. As if this guy was truly free to leave whenever he pleased. Even if it fails...do something!

That silly rant aside. Things mostly worked out ok. Not great to give a villain that kind of power. But it's fine. The show already is having a tough time managing too many combat characters anyways. As evidenced by this episode where it had no idea how to manage them all. So having Nia used as a support character with reduced ability makes sense.
Old 2022-04-25, 16:13   Link #73
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
These characters are professionals at standing around and doing nothing. They must have all been suffering from lack of sleep from getting ready for the Nia competition . I know it's pretty common for main characters to just stand around while the villain monologues. But it felt especially extreme here. They stood around while Nia was taken down, had that crystal taken, that crystal getting absorbed, and then the guy talking about how he'd take them all down and absorb their powers too. As if this guy was truly free to leave whenever he pleased. Even if it fails...do something!
Easy answerable. Territory. It didn't matter. They would never have reached her anyway. He tried.

Old 2022-04-26, 14:03   Link #74
Estzero1

Even though it's a bit random, but I wasn't expecting another/or rather new trailer within the season. If someone wants a peak at Mukuro. Here you go.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2022-04-26, 14:34   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Even though it's a bit random, but I wasn't expecting another/or rather new trailer within the season. If someone wants a peak at Mukuro. Here you go.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh hey, and English subs .

Looks like Mukuro is more possessive than the other girls...to the point of going Inverse .
Old 2022-04-28, 05:04   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Nendoroid Spirit Origami coming in October, and Mukuro and Calligraphy Beauty Kurumi figures coming in November.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139196
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139644
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139627
Old 2022-04-29, 09:05   Link #77
Frontier

Shido is back at school, but he has far more on his mind than schoolwork...such as the true nature of Spirits and Artemisia, a British woman who also just happens to be the strongest Wizard in AST, and who is somehow working with Westcott despite hating DEM. Kind of wonder what happened there .

Nia might not have her full powers anymore, but it's good to know she has enough to be able to hold off Westcott with Beelzebub, at least a little .

Tama-chan's kind of lost it with her about to turn thirty and her best friend getting married. She's in denial she's turning thirty, having everyone call her "sir," and basically calling for the destruction of Japan so she doesn't have to live like this anymore. I'm half-surprised she didn't jump Shido in the classroom to make him take responsibility for all the flirting .

The Earth is under attack by the latest Spirit, a beautiful girl in Space codenamed Zodiac who has beautiful blonde hair, a China dress that effectively shows off her thigs and boobs, and a keyblade + magical girl staff that can effectively deactivate anything and throw anything she wants through space. She's definitely a Spirit you don't want to mess with .

I thought they were going to go directly into space, but having Shido just use a hologram to communicate with Zodiac, AKA Mukuro, is helpful when she continually tries to kill him .

Why am I not surprised they went with the third option? But Mukuro isn't biting, because she used her Angel Michael to deactivate her emotions so she doesn't feel anything, and she just wants to be left alone and have nothing to do with Shido or anyone, and doesn't think Shido can promise her anything. Shido has his work cut out for him again in making her fall for him .

"Spirits waiting on standby" when in reality they're just listening in behind the door so they can be ready to help Shido .

Looks like they will have to go directly into space after all to unlock Mukuro's emotions, and luckily the upgraded Fraxinus, Fraxinus Excelsior, is ready for launch! It even has a handy-dandy new AI voiced by Suzuko Mimori who is actually a character from the DAL Arusu Install Visual Novel! And she basically exposes how much the Fraxinus crew have been abusing their position this whole time with her sass .

It turns out that old guy in a wheelchair from last season isn't just a guy voiced by Joji Nakata, he's the Chairman of Ratatoskr's leadership and basically the head honcho. Although there's even more to him than that as Nia reveals he, along with Westcott and Ellen, brought both Spirits and DEM into this world. And what changed his mind about Spirits? Falling in love with the Spirit of Origin, much like how Shido's encounter with Tohka lead to his resolve to save all the Spirits. He even brought along Ellen's little sister with him. Lot of background stuff getting established here .

Shido looks like that boy? Is that connected to the Spirit of Origin ?

Things seem to be going well up until Westcott finds them and tries to take them out before they can get to Mukuro ahead of him, and he uses Beezlebub to send Shido and the girls into some kind of Fairy Tale fantasy world. I can't wait for Natsumi in her adult form, mermaid Miku, and Emperor with no clothes Origami though .
Old 2022-04-29, 10:53   Link #78
moridin84
Custom User Title

The stuff Muku is saying is essentially the same arguments fans would bring up about the entire "Date" plan.

If she is satisfied with her life, Shido doesn't have any right to proclaim it wrong. And if she can protect herself, then if he interferes then he's not doing it for her safety but for his own agenda.

His goal from the very beginning is to seal Muku. So his conversation is not about helping her but trying to convince her to let him seal her. So it is a little hypocritical to act like he is doing it purely for her sake.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 10:59   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The stuff Muku is saying is essentially the same arguments fans would bring up about the entire "Date" plan.

If she is satisfied with her life, Shido doesn't have any right to proclaim it wrong. And if she can protect herself, then if he interferes then he's not doing it for her safety but for his own agenda.

His goal from the very beginning is to seal Muku. So his conversation is not about helping her but trying to convince her to let him seal her. So it is a little hypocritical to act like he is doing it purely for her sake.
But like Kotori said, they can't really leave her alone because DEM is going to keep coming after her, and the fallout from that could harm others like that asteroid that landed near Shido's school.
Old 2022-04-29, 19:00   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But like Kotori said, they can't really leave her alone because DEM is going to keep coming after her, and the fallout from that could harm others like that asteroid that landed near Shido's school.
His point is that Shido is a hypocrite for claiming he's doing it for her sake, not that she shouldn't be sealed.

Mukuro made some very good points. Shido has no right to dictate what happiness should be to her, and being sealed would mean she would have no way of fighting back against DEM (which isn't entirely true, but she doesn't know that).