AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-12-01, 18:09   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know if it's a coincidence (like, maybe I unlocked a skill just before without noticing) but ever since the 1.03 patch, the game tells you whether the enemy you're targeting is weak to the attack you're about to use. This has made things easier. Not that the game is hard or anything, but apparently I'm about to reach a major difficulty spike so I'm preparing right now.

Forgot to say Saeko is best Yakuza girl after Makoto.
Old 2020-12-12, 08:47   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finished the game after close to 65 hours. I did all the "side-quests" (I didn't complete part time hero because that's just super tedious and I doubt the reward is worth it) and ended up spending a lot of time farming for materials and money to upgrade my weapons in chapter 12. As a result, I never had trouble with any fight. I totally overdid it, the rest of the game was a complete cakewalk for me. All of it was, in fact. I enjoyed the new gameplay, but honestly, I prefer the old one. It felt unrefined compared to long standing RPGs. You had a lot of different jobs, but since you had to go to Hellow Work to switch and they started at level one, there was no incentive to change once you had settled into one. A system that allowed you to change jobs during fights, with some jobs being more effective against a certain type of enemies would have been better.

I enjoyed the story a lot, although there was one twist that was completely ridiculous and unnecessary, but I guess it comes with the territory.

The characters were great, although some of them were seriously underused. Once they join your party, Joon-gi and Zhao pretty much disappear from the story. Saeko doesn't really do much either, and Adachi's entire storyline is just resolved in five minutes in the post credit scene. The character that was treated the best was Nanba, I guess. And Ichiban, of course. They went for a completely different type of MC, and I think it paid off. I like Kiryu a lot, but after 7 games, this was a refreshing change.

I'd definitely recommend the game to fans and newcomers alike, provided they're not allergic to turn based battles. Might be better to get it on a next gen console though, because the loading times on the current gen are going to piss you off.
Old 2020-12-17, 21:19   Link #63
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Started playing the game. Something that Sega still needs to tone down is the amount of cutscenes. I mean Judgment relied on cutscenes because the dialogue was important to check when solving cases but here it's still exposition about Ichi's past, his boss, etc. Also, I guess the Dragon Engine takes more time to load in PS4 than new generation console.
Old 2020-12-18, 08:41   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Started playing the game. Something that Sega still needs to tone down is the amount of cutscenes. I mean Judgment relied on cutscenes because the dialogue was important to check when solving cases but here it's still exposition about Ichi's past, his boss, etc. Also, I guess the Dragon Engine takes more time to load in PS4 than new generation console.
It gets better once you reach chapter 3.

The final chapter though... make sure you have at least two hours ahead of you before entering the final dungeon, because there's no way to save until the ending.
Old 2020-12-25, 18:56   Link #65
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Chapter 4 is when the game finally becomes Like a Dragon Quest. I don't know what the heck is going cos of the fantastic tones but it's enjoyable.
Old 2021-02-06, 00:52   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
How the game is summarized:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-06, 05:56   Link #67
Dextro
He Without a Title

That is so spot on.
Old 2021-02-18, 18:00   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I want to say it only looks ridiculous because it's out of context but... it's ridiculous even with context

Yakuza games really are one of a kind.
Old 2021-03-04, 06:28   Link #69
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.siliconera.com/ichiban-k...za-7-omelette/

Look who's teaching people how to make an omelette.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 15:47   Link #70
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still in chapter 10. Some "dungeons" can be frustrating since you can't make a back up save account and such dungeon was filled with dozens of enemies. My team went from Level 28 to Level 33 in a single day
Old 2021-03-08, 19:43   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You can make back-up saves.