AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-13, 17:48   Link #61
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post

And why is Shingetsu a "demon". What did she do in the past?
Probably because unlike the lot of them, she DOESN'T want to have magic. She probably means to seal it in again or something.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 20:58   Link #62
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Looked good enough but I don't dig the MC being so OP since the beginning. The fights aren't gonna be any fun with such a massive gap in power.
It is now Episode 2, and I'm quite OK with it so far - in fact this is my most enjoyable show of the season (though I liked the one with the dumb-bells as well). Nice motivation scenes for our protagonist.

I'd say it is too fast to say the Protagonist is OP. If you are going to have one of these ubiquitous "last minute entry" scenarios, you basically have to give the Protagonist a nice chunk of raw talent, because it is even less plausible for them to win on skill or the "somehow Newbie discovered a completely revolutionary technique" that occurs in some Isekai (you can't even use the Know Science trick since they are all from the same world).

You have to remember, all she really did so far was crush someone that's clearly extremely weak to the point of being Redhead's slave. The flower blooming scene is impressive I admit, but there's still plenty of room to decide how well that translates into Mech-Driving in their little "VR world".
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 00:16   Link #63
devilo96

Well 2 eps...
With this kind story...i bet we need 5 years until this mecha join in srw saga lmao
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 06:04   Link #64
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Have people noticed when a girl's magic stone pass before their eyes. Some of them have their eyes closed, while others have eyes open and look angry?

Could this be a clue that those with eyes closed are the good? And those with eyes open are the bad girls?

Spoiler for to save space:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 08:18   Link #65
4th Dimension

I'm more guessing that it's hinting at their true nature. As the stones show the two anger machines distorted with rage.

Old 2019-07-15, 14:09   Link #66
Nivek von Beldo

Yeah the second chapter pulled the Fate Nanoha Magicka to the limits and seems we got one girl is angry with shingetsu.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 14:28   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do find the route they are going with Mangestu interesting at this stage. Not even so much that people are taking advantage of her (though they are), but rather she's desperate for acknowledgement and belonging. A life or death battle isn't the kind of thing you normally would jump into. All the more so since the power itself isn't something she cares that much about. But it is something. And since she feels as if she has nothing, it just isn't a chance she can pass up.
Old 2019-07-15, 14:46   Link #68
4th Dimension

Well, the fights technically aren't to death since it's the bot that will be taking damage. Then again there sure will be an edgelord who'll try to finish off the opposition in the real world.

Old 2019-07-15, 23:04   Link #69
Applehell

Quote:
Shingetsu's just a little stronger. She had to fight pretty hard to win that battle. There's no comparison with Mangetsu. I don't know how you can't see how ridiculously OP she is. Episode 2 should have made it clear when she turned the whole school into a jungle, something none of the others could possibly do because that kind of magic is supposed to be sealed away in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if she already is a Princept without even knowing it.
I mean you can argue it wasn't easy, but the result still is that she beat two people without a scratch whom you claim she only a little stronger than. Even if we put Fugo aside her companions don't even come across as being all that powerful to begin with so way too premature to act as Mangetsu gonna win everything easily because she beat a starter villain who underestimated her imo. I can get the worry, but an MC being potentially power is standard shounen stuff. It won't mean she won't struggle.

For Mangetsu's flower field scene she was just doing a large scale version of Shingetsu did only unconsciously. If anything if this was all magic could do I don't see why need to be a sealed away at all. Speeding up growth of things isn't particularity harmful in itself.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 23:42   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
For Mangetsu's flower field scene she was just doing a large scale version of Shingetsu did only unconsciously. If anything if this was all magic could do I don't see why need to be a sealed away at all. Speeding up growth of things isn't particularity harmful in itself.
Shingetsu made it sound like it is since it basically changes the fate of the flower. The fact that Mangetsu could do it as such a large scale is not a small thing. Rather, it shows her powers is way out of the chart. That in turns explains why Shingetsu couldn't erase her memories. With such a crazy amount of power Mangestu is basically invulnerable.

Quote:
too premature to act as Mangetsu gonna win everything easily because she beat a starter villain who underestimated her imo. I can get the worry, but an MC being potentially power is standard shounen stuff. It won't mean she won't struggle.
You just don't want to see the oblivious. But to each their own. We'll see soon enough anyway.
Old 2019-07-15, 23:50   Link #71
arkhangelsk

On the memory wipe issue at least I'll hypothesize that the "default state" between magicians is that you can't do it - it is only possible if the executor is vastly superior (on the level of mage vs non-mage). Otherwise, they'll be trying to sneak up on each other to wipe their memories.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 23:52   Link #72
Kazu-kun

^ I don't think so. Shingetsu looked pretty fucking surprised it didn't work which suggests it should work on mages just fine.
Old 2019-07-16, 00:38   Link #73
Applehell

Quote:
Shingetsu made it sound like it is since it basically changes the fate of the flower. The fact that Mangetsu could do it as such a large scale is not a small thing. Rather, it shows her powers is way out of the chart. That in turns explains why Shingetsu couldn't erase her memories. With such a crazy amount of power Mangestu is basically invulnerable.
My take from that was Shingetsu seemed speaking about terms of concept and less literally harm to me. What she and Managetsu did itself was harmless regardless of how much more power or talent later might have, but principal behind it aren't. With unrestircted magic power with universal access people could do much more than manipulate growth of plants. You create something should not even exist naturally or do like reviving the dead goes nature on a large scale. That's kind of thing in terms of danger I assuming Shingetsu was getting at.

I also think Mangetsu resistance is standard and had more to do with her being a mage.

Quote:
You just don't want to see the oblivious. But to each their own. We'll see soon enough anyway.
I'm just giving the show the benefit of a doubt here, but yeah. It's best to wait and see how it well be balanced. Especially with Shingetsu being her potential partner.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 08:03   Link #74
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I also think Mangetsu resistance is standard and had more to do with her being a mage.
If it was standard Shingetsu wouldn't have been surprised it didn't work. Also, notice the expression she made when she touched Mangetsu's hand. At that moment she must have felt her unfathomable power.

Quote:
I'm just giving the show the benefit of a doubt
I don't see the point when things are this obvious but be my guest.
Old 2019-07-16, 08:33   Link #75
Liddo-kun
is this so?

On the discussion on Mangetsu. I think she's stronger than everyone else... by how much stronger is the question? Right now I don't believe she's OP, but if she one-shot a few more people in ARMANOX battle on the following weeks, that would change my mind.
Old 2019-07-16, 11:08   Link #76
Magewolf

Quote:
If it was standard Shingetsu wouldn't have been surprised it didn't work. Also, notice the expression she made when she touched Mangetsu's hand. At that moment she must have felt her unfathomable power.

I don't see the point when things are this obvious but be my guest.
If Mangetsu did not have some kind of advantage we would not have a story. She would be taken out in her first fight ending the show in one episode. The advantage they seem to be going with is raw power vs skill a quite common way to handle the "newcomer falling into a fight with trained opponents" story setting. It can be done well, it can be done badly, I think there is a good chance of it being done well here but we will not know for a few more episodes.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 13:30   Link #77
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Have people noticed when a girl's magic stone pass before their eyes. Some of them have their eyes closed, while others have eyes open and look angry?

Could this be a clue that those with eyes closed are the good? And those with eyes open are the bad girls?

Spoiler for to save space:
It's a symbol of how willing they are to close their eyes on the fact Mangetsu's a demon. An evil demon who will destroy the world if left unchecked.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 07:29   Link #78
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Some official art.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2019-07-18, 11:08   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First two pictures scream yuri, but it's not like I expect the show to actually go there.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:01   Link #80
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

it's basically Madoka and Homura all over again.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female lead, holygrail, magical girl, mecha