AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-18, 02:39   Link #61
Pierre

Okay one point of clarification.

Does he get raped post the rewind of time, or was that all pre time rewind. If its pre I can hand wave that away with him rewinding time makes it null, but if its post that's a different story.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 02:52   Link #62
Morilinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

Does he get raped post the rewind of time, or was that all pre time rewind. If its pre I can hand wave that away with him rewinding time makes it null, but if its post that's a different story.
Well he will get raped in the rewind too. Thoguh the story changes after that point since he will be able to break out of the castle before he becomes a 'zombie' like before.
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 17:18   Link #63
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:

He get raped twice, pre and post, and in his twisted sense of justice, was to justify his revenge, he is a dark noble as say he will not revenge those who don't damage him..become hilarous as later against thugs and other he just used petty excuse but his victims alwayd deserved it
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 10:04   Link #64
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Just start reading this. My first thought is, wtf with the skill description. I wonder if the Japanese authors can not differentiate what is Healing skill with other. This is almost the same as Barrier Master which both Mc are heal user and barrier user respectively but each skill can do / give effect that almost different than the skill type.
for example :
Transfer barrier (teleport warp portal) , heal barrier (healing) , space barrier (item box), etc
Transformation heal (shapeshift), loot heal (steal exp), imitate heal (copy skill), etc

As the story itself it is similar with nidoume no Yuusha which focus on the revenge topic, but slightly better.
But again why did both have grudge against the princess yet they didn't finish of them once for all. Just for pleasure? Authors too lame and doesn't understand the meaning of revenge, if it was me I would kill the subject as soon as possible.

Just read until chapter 30+ where Mc village' villager are killd as bait. How should I say it, Mc is too stupid and irresponsible. Wtf with 'Anna is the only one my hope' or something like that yet he didn't calculate that his actions will lead to the current outcome. I hope the plot will get better in later chapter.

OH lastly, the hero passive ability which increase lv limit is quite similar to one of nocturne title I read.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 18:42   Link #65
Blankdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka' View Post
But again why did both have grudge against the princess yet they didn't finish of them once for all. Just for pleasure? Authors too lame and doesn't understand the meaning of revenge, if it was me I would kill the subject as soon as possible.
As the saying goes, revenge is a dish best served cold. -- Though, imo it's cuz death is too quick, and merciful; better to make them regret even living XD.

Anyways, yeah, I seriously don't get why authors limit their MC/skills then try to circumvent it.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-07, 21:58   Link #66
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
As the saying goes, revenge is a dish best served cold. -- Though, imo it's cuz death is too quick, and merciful; better to make them regret even living XD.

Anyways, yeah, I seriously don't get why authors limit their MC/skills then try to circumvent it.
I believe that only happen in story. In reality there is not many chance you have while your life devoted into revenge. Kill before killed.

I read many torture tech that I think it will satisfy oneself even if the subject have a quick death. Yet the Japanese authors like to drag it around for the sake of longer plot. Well, it could be because the Mc or author have some screw loose (I think it is the latter). No sane guy that have the second chance to life that would himself get raped by a guy again while he have other way to strengthen his status.
I mean, the first life I can understand it was because he is under the effect of drugs, but in second life he also let him drugged and raped. I mean really? Either the author is a man who acknowledged bisex or he is plain gay. Or if the author actually a female I'm sure she is fujoshi.
Old 2018-02-10, 12:48   Link #67
Rasty

^ From what I have read the MC seems to like doing similar things in revenge as were done to him/others. And his principal rule is taking revenge (doing horrible things) only to people that did something to him (this gets expanded with time to his dear people, friends etc.). He is taking revenge for his own enjoyment, not to cope up with what was done to him (contrary to for example Nidome no Yuusha) and seems to be so nicely broken, that he actually seeks chances to enjoy himself even if it should put him moderately in harms way (still it's the people's fault, but he is creating chances for them).

And yeah, I also think the author might be female, considering the low negative impression of man-man rape and several other things. But whatever gender (s)he is, the different viewpoint on some areas is interesting.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 14:57   Link #68
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Just catched up to the tL, and yeah Mc sure is broken. He made rule to only take revenge to being that hurt him or his possessions. So he deliberately making or treating some random stranger as his dear friend, letting them killed so he could massacre the preparator in return.

Back to skill again, author seems like one who don't understand rpg and skill. There are a lot of plot hole about skill like how Mc learn anti drug / resist drug skill in the first life after 3 years consuming narcotics yet in the 2nd life he learn it by consuming poison veggie for a week in the forest and a month of time consuming narcotic.
Mc also bring cooking utensils and ingredients with him alone without item box skill or magic bag.
Old 2018-02-10, 15:01   Link #69
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Just catched up to the tL, and yeah Mc sure is broken. He made rule to only take revenge to being that hurt him or his possessions. So he deliberately making or treating some random stranger as his dear friend, letting them killed so he could massacre the preparator in return.

Back to skill again, author seems like one who don't understand rpg and skill. There are a lot of plot hole about skill like how Mc learn anti drug / resist drug skill in the first life after 3 years consuming narcotics yet in the 2nd life he learn it by consuming poison veggie for a week in the forest and a month of time consuming narcotic.
Mc also bring cooking utensils and ingredients with him alone without item box skill or magic bag.
He didn't learned like that, it take a whole month under torture, he was making preemptive resistance and keeping a mental fortitude, a way he 'cheated'(to use by other WN writer who knew even less of videogames or narrative for that matter)

Err after they escape they get money and buy loading raptor for movements and supply, those are mentioned for the time being.

The MC is a functional Psycosociapthic after what happened in both lives...but he is so hilarous is the hook of the novel, few times we got such honest protagonist
Old 2018-02-10, 16:48   Link #70
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Well that cheated so much, to shorten the time needed from 3 years into 1 month + 1 week. But still it doesn't make sense since eventhough he have the memory his Stat and skill are reseted without any additional growth cheat skill.

No I'm not talking about when he acted with his harem and raptor. I'm talking when he go to fetch Kure ha in vol 5 where he go alone to buranika and he cook many kind of food using pot and other utensils, even the translator mentioned that in the tL note. But even with raptor i still think they won't have any room for cooking utensils such as pot or wok, not to mention the seasoning set and dishes and honey bottle.

Yeah Mc is hilarious, but when I see his design in LN Pic I only see him as a psycho. In contrast, I quite like flare/freiya design, at first I imagined her as bitch/witch from shieldbro.

Last edited by Asuka'; 2018-02-10 at 17:10.
Old 2018-02-10, 18:22   Link #71
WyrdMonger

Whenever I see his crazy face I can't help but call him Kearethe EdgeShota.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 19:18   Link #72
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Well that cheated so much, to shorten the time needed from 3 years into 1 month + 1 week. But still it doesn't make sense since eventhough he have the memory his Stat and skill are reseted without any additional growth cheat skill.

No I'm not talking about when he acted with his harem and raptor. I'm talking when he go to fetch Kure ha in vol 5 where he go alone to buranika and he cook many kind of food using pot and other utensils, even the translator mentioned that in the tL note. But even with raptor i still think they won't have any room for cooking utensils such as pot or wok, not to mention the seasoning set and dishes and honey bottle.

Yeah Mc is hilarious, but when I see his design in LN Pic I only see him as a psycho. In contrast, I quite like flare/freiya design, at first I imagined her as bitch/witch from shieldbro.
Yeah seems the writer goes full style with that little plothole(or hook if someone catch it?) why all Japanese WN love their cooking that much?

Kearu/Cure is that shota, that is the point with the pedophile priest bullet but yeah that is hilarous with the a little older Flare/Freya...
Old 2018-02-10, 21:19   Link #73
Rasty

^^^ Wait, are you suggesting there is a possibility of him not being a psycho? From what I read (still only about half of volume 4) he is definitely broken, well you can't blame him for not being in a perfect state of mind after spending several years as a completely crazy puppet. That doesn't mean he is evil, but he definitely is psycho. The "Harming only people who harmed me" and him judging how much they harmed him etc. seems just like a game he plays to enjoy himself than some kind of ethics. You can hardly say someone who creates friends and attachment to people after which he lets them get killed (he usually could have saved them) just to gain a reason for harming others as sane, especially as there is no real reason for him to follow that rule except enjoying himself.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 00:58   Link #74
Asuka'
Nin Nin

^ I'm talking about his face. A lot of character said that kearu face is lovely and he himself call it a weak shota face. But either they change it in the LN or the char designer of the LN make a miss and make it straight psycho.
Also his hairstyle is ugly, mushroom style.
Old 2018-03-06, 00:45   Link #75
Saihate

Quote:

He gets raped as well post rewind but he can't really do anything about it because humans awaken to their class when they become 14yo. He can't become stronger until he awakens and the bitch princess (magic hero) has a magic that can find heroes and she comes after him 5 days after he awakens so he can't escape, especially since his [Healer hero] class doesn't boost anything other than a bit of his MP.

Quote:
As you probably know, there can only be 10 heroes in the world at the same time and every hero's ability are incredibly boosted by the special hero part within them. That's why it's OP when compared to normal healers.

His heal ability is to change things into their normal state. In order to do that, his ability forces him to experience everything the target went through in order to find that normal state.

The way he uses his ability is to either:
1) Heal: Experience everything the target experienced to find normal state and change target's state into that state.
2) Copy: By keeping certain experiences and skills of the target he was forced to know by the process of healing.
3) Improve: By controlling the end result of the healing and changing it to something different than the normal state (better bone structure, muscles, etc...).
4) Deteriorate: By controlling the end result of the healing and changing it to something worse than the normal state (create physical defects in the target).
5) Time rewind: With the help of the philosopher's stone from the Maou which gives a huge boost to magic, he can use heal on the world to change its' state into a certain state from the past.

So you can think of it as something similar to magical genetic engineering when applied to living things. It becomes too OP when he has the philosopher's stone.

As for drug tolerance skill, in his second round, he spent his whole first week after regaining his memories only consuming poison until he almost dies then healing himself repeatedly while trying to resist the effects. He also had his hate and will to resist the effects of the drug they gave him after imprisonment which are needed to raise proficiency to gain the skill.
In the first round he was weak willed so he didn't oppose the drug enough to raise proficiency and wasn't given the drug continuously in massive quantities enough for him to get it fast because they only gave it to him when he almost dies from torture and kept him in his delirious state for the rest of the time because they didn't want him to die while they had use for him.

Last edited by Saihate; 2018-03-06 at 04:03.
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-26, 23:22   Link #76
lexlexz

who is the one in the cover of vol 3?
the one on the right ok
the left one is norm
i dont rebenber char maybe is a orginal from the ln?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-27, 06:11   Link #77
Saihate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
who is the one in the cover of vol 3?
the one on the right ok
the left one is norm
i dont rebenber char maybe is a orginal from the ln?
It's the MC with certain mods.
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-27, 22:11   Link #78
lexlexz

thats the mc
Spoiler for mc female:
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:26   Link #79
Pierre

Yeesh, Ill have to pass on this then. I mean it has potential but I can't deal with that kind of MC.

If I want bat shit insane people Id rather go with something like Misamarca or whatever its called.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 09:45   Link #80
Nivek von Beldo

Nobody keep the Story, the lastest chapter have been amazing and with full natural action, the Author is very good.

Tags
crazy protagonist, harem, multifunctional heal, rape, skill copy