3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-24, 18:42   Link #61
darkplatform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
A failure to quickly reverse the original poster.
But wouldn't that be total amateur level?
There are supposed to be people assigned to check the promo material before, you know, they print it.

Well, another one to the list of Delta amazing wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
And where is this diary?
darkplatform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:04   Link #62
Thess

Quote:
This might interest you.
Spoiler for pic:
At least she does it for the right reasons, unlike Zessica's .

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:15   Link #63
Gravitas Free Zone

Then there's the runes when Theo, Xao, and Bogue are watching the Walküre videotape...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:16   Link #64
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplatform View Post
And where is this diary?
Made an appearance on the Line Live event I believe. All I saw was that quote and screencap of the Mirage image.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 19:27   Link #65
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplatform View Post
And where is this diary?
It's on the BD omake.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 21:15   Link #66
Thess

Watched the raw again. I'm sure Arad mentions Hayate's dad used to play a lot with Windermerian children, so it's almost 90% confirmed he's the mysterious mp3 player gifter. I'll be truly shocked if he isn't.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-07-25, 02:49   Link #67
ereshkigal

Quote:
Spoiler for sweet baby jesus:
Spoiler for actually:

Last edited by ereshkigal; 2016-07-25 at 03:06.
ereshkigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 04:07   Link #68
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereshkigal View Post
Spoiler for actually:
Spoiler for sigh here comes the apologists:

Last edited by Thess; 2016-07-25 at 04:20.
Old 2016-07-25, 04:22   Link #69
ereshkigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Spoiler for sigh here comes the apologists:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ereshkigal; 2016-07-25 at 04:24. Reason: spelling
ereshkigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 04:29   Link #70
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereshkigal View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for mmhmm:

Old 2016-07-25, 05:11   Link #71
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finished watching the subbed version and I knew it, I fucking knew that Wright Immelman dropped the dimensional bomb! But then again, it's perplexing that he was contacted by Windermere rebel forces to stole that bomb and used it against the NUNS, which is then used by Lord Roid Brehm as proof that the New United Nations broke the treaty to quell Windermereans.

Meanwhile, loved how Walkure made a guerrilla concert that'll make them more money by clicking the like button! On the other hand, I wonder if Hayate's fold quartz pendant is failing after hearing Freyja's voice? And speaking of Hayate, I'm worried about him now that he knows the truth about his father!

In any case, I hope the Delta Squadron will take Voldor back, but I'm worried about Roid Brehm as he's finding a replacement for Lord Heinz.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 05:32   Link #72
HirouKeimou

Alright, I'll be honest; been watching Delta since it's preview air months prior to its official air. And I'll avoid discussing all prior episodes because I probably will pile it all into one massive review on my Tumblr. Of course, I ship Hayate and Freyja; however, I do like Mirage, too. Now I'm done giving all the general introductions of my side of the fanbase.

I'll begin on the love triangle because it's easier to cover at this point.
Spoiler for You know how shoujo anime is all about a first-person perspective?:

Forgoing all love triangle nonsense...

You know, sometimes anime is... not very subtle on foreshadowing it's important plot devices. Because I believe it's progressively harder to foreshadow a surprise in an anime unlike a novel (images versus words), and I don't know all about directing an episode, I'll brush this off a little in each episode. However, in this episode, I could hear a voice whispering in my ear "we're unoriginal" because once
Spoiler for Hayate's father:
it's a disappointment. Of course, like you all here, I did speculate this theory; however, a piece of me begged for Delta not to fall down this road! Because it's... too predictable at this point.

Of course, even so, I'll keep on watching because I do have higher hopes for Roid becoming an interesting "secondary villian" (because I believe our beloved corrupted NUNS will be our main villian) and in general I wish for backstory on Mikumo (I like her personality). I'll keep hoping for a little bit of originality, I guess...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 06:18   Link #73
magnuskn

Wait, is this a mistranslation by gg, or does Roid really believe that humans live longer than all the other protoculture manipulated races? Did he confuse them with the Zentradi/Meltrandi?
Old 2016-07-25, 06:22   Link #74
ReddyRedWolf

Well nobody is telling the truth as nobody knows the whole truth and skeletons in the closet.

Windermere NUNS illegally brought on a planet a MDE. Given what happened to Gaul 4 and the 33rd Marines yeah the NUNG would ban that. However NUNS is made up of different military forces in a NATO setup. There are cases where Federal NUNS doesn't know what some groups are doing like with Lactence and Havamal. As to why Windermere NUNS would do this I suspect it s because the cluster lacks a big stick like other planets in other regions of the galaxy. Earth has a fleet and defense satellite grid. Vulcan has a laser satellite grid. Varauta has the Fleet Flagship Carrier designed to kill off a thousand strong Zentradi fleet. Fleets we've seen on the cluster seem anemic. Al Shahal had 41 ships in its defense. Ragna had 29 ships. Macross 7 an emigration fleet had 187 warships. The Varauta fleet had 502 ships.

2059 to 2060 seems to be a bad years as uncultured Lost Zentradi fleets has attacked colonies. NUNS had to ask for assistance from the Aerial Knights to fight the Zentradi in their region of space. Sephira in Macross 30 in 2059 was attacked by Lost Zentradi as well.

Windermere higher ups on the other hand isn't telling the truth that they asked Wright Immelman to steal the MDE from Windermere NUNS. Those that knew that are probably pushing up daisies already.

So from those who knows the bit of the truth. Windermere blames NUNS for bringing the MDE planet side in the first place. NUNS blames Windermere for turning Wright Immelman and blowing up their base and the city.

The one who knows the whole truth of the matter is Wright Immelman. The missing piece as it were.

Why do I have a feeling he left a message on Freyja's player? He is likely the one who gave it to her.

As to why it was dropped some of theories going around is that Wright may have been a Var victim or Epsilon is involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wait, is this a mistranslation by gg, or does Roid really believe that humans live longer than all the other protoculture manipulated races? Did he confuse them with the Zentradi/Meltrandi?
While Earthers did increase their numbers by cloning they do have a tendency to intermarry with Zentradi defectors and their descendants. The Terran-Zentradi union to Roid are practically Earthers.

He keeps asking why but he doesn't want to acknowledge the obvious truth that Earthers realized... The Protoculture can be a bunch of dicks. They create a race denying them culture to act as their war proxies. They leave a weapon of mass destruction on Earth in case the natives become like their mistakes to destroy them. Hell they nerfed Terrans own Fold Receptor potential as they can have access to their most advanced weapons if they have them.

And Roid keeps asking why Terrans that are weaker and no runes live longer and consider it unfair? Whle believing Windermereans are the true heirs of the Protoculture?

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2016-07-25 at 06:35.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 06:44   Link #75
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
While Earthers did increase their numbers by cloning they do have a tendency to intermarry with Zentradi defectors and their descendants. The Terran-Zentradi union to Roid are practically Earthers.

He keeps asking why but he doesn't want to acknowledge the obvious truth that Earthers realized... The Protoculture can be a bunch of dicks. They create a race denying them culture to act as their war proxies. They leave a weapon of mass destruction on Earth in case the natives become like their mistakes to destroy them. Hell they nerfed Terrans own Fold Receptor potential as they can have access to their most advanced weapons if they have them.

And Roid keeps asking why Terrans that are weaker and no runes live longer and consider it unfair? Whle believing Windermereans are the true heirs of the Protoculture?
Thanks, that makes a bit more sense.

As for the ep, Freyja and Hayate finally have a moment where they resonate romantically for me. Mirage is still treated as an afterthought, though.

And, yeah, Hayate finally gets a conflict, which was long, long overdue. I hope that carries him forward through the end of the series. Heck, he and Freyja may have gotten a brand new conflict because of Freyja's live span and them both realizing that any romance would be pretty short-lived.

All in all, a good episode which moved the narrative forward quite a bit and developed the characters. Can't complain too much about that.

Two things, though:

1.) I don't think that Bogue will flip to the side of the good guys at any time in the future, comical as he was in this episode.
2.) The "Yep, NUNS totally lied and boo, are they evil!" argument has a big hole in it: That Hayate's dad contacted the Windermeran resistance and then dropped the bomb. There's something there which will flip the narrative once again.
Old 2016-07-25, 07:06   Link #76
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
@magnuskn
Speaking of Hayate's father, I wonder who contact him to steal the dimension bomb and drop it onto the garrison base at Windermere?

While I have a feeling that Roid Brehm contact Wright Immelman since he released the footage, I think that it was someone else who did it.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 07:50   Link #77
Annorax

171<Draken<MDE<Idol music.
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 08:10   Link #78
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
This is no longer a love triangle (at least not for now), Mirage is just slightly above Chuck and maybe Arad as a character, but it's really evident that she is not a main character as she is not important for the story and her interactions with other characters are small, the only thing she has going for her is that she's a Jenius.

And since we've been discussing about Mirage I thought that these excerpts from some interviews with Kawamori are kind of relevant to the topic.

Spoiler for Interviews:

My personal theory is that maybe when the sponsors asked Kawamori to include a love triangle Mirage was created for the show just to fill that role, or she was a secondary character that they took and modified for the same reason, they made her a Jenius to create interest for her character but she really has no character arc and her development has been almost nonexistent.

Anyway, another exopsition episode with some fanservice specially from Makina this time, the truth about Hayate's father has been revealed, I don't know why but now I think that maybe Hayate's dad was the person that gave Freyja her music player, a funny scene with the windermereans and also the doubts of the two older Knights are more evident.

That being said, WHERE IS MY VALKYRIE ACTION?! it's been 4 episodes since we had a good battle (the one from ep 15 does't count for me as it was like 30 seconds long and was dumb in how Keith took a whole fleet down), now hopefully next one will be action-packed.
Sorry but that interview make it sound like Mirage was originally intended to be main love interest and Freya was added later.

Anyway Hayate father nuking Windermere raised Freya chances a lot. It shame because for moment I thought Mirage win is certain.
Old 2016-07-25, 08:45   Link #79
Arya

Come on, everything and everyone in this show revolves around Frejya, at this point it would be really sadistic toward freyja's fans to not giving her even the win. It would make no sense (even if anime is not new at these shortcomings).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 09:33   Link #80
xeviouses

Just sit back and enjoy the visuals I say, especially with how things are, character wise, at this point. They still have an episode left for Mirage to catch up or, at least rise from her side supporting character role.

Even if Wright was the one who gave Freyja her mp3 player, I highly doubt if would contain a message to Hayate, that is such a contrived coincidence.

Roid's failure to understand, Terrans own problem caused by protoculture dickery is astounding.