2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-19, 09:43   Link #61
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
But the question is will Freyja remain in Walkure forever since idols can't have boyfriends remember?

If she leaves the group, I would support Freyja for not only making music to heal people, but to find a suitable guy that'll take care of her until her last day.
Does that even matter? (Actual question here, still keeping away from watching the series until I know it's wurf)

Despite all appearances they're not really an idol group...they're a singing medic team. So long as their singing fixes VAR, and VAR exists, and so long as relationships don't hinder that job (which in Freya's case apparently it's quite the opposite) I don't really see why the rule would apply given her singing career isn't about sales...and her dedication on Hayate makes his battle power levels over 9000...
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 10:41   Link #62
BluePhirePB

Well, this ep was just full of positive feels. I hope we see more of the relationship develop.
BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 10:41   Link #63
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Walkure members dating is something that doesn't matter. Remember the ship staff saying Kaname and Arad should get together? Then Makina and Reina shipping MesserKaname?

It is an anime after all, not RL idols like the type Japan doesn't let date.

Besides it's not like this dating problem was brought up by fans back in the Frontier days of Ranka and Sheryl whom were both idols.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 11:08   Link #64
dmaxzero

Quote:
You mean the ongoing war against the NUNS? Well, they want to stage a massacre against the humans for tainting their home planet, but it's too much for them!

By the way, I wonder if fans will get ballistic if Mikumo was captured by Windermere?
I kind of not care about her one bit.
=d
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 12:21   Link #65
Darthtabby

I was half expecting Freyja's confusion at people throwing a surprise party for her to have something to do with Windermere following a different calendar (seriously, how likely is it that Windermere days/months/years are the exact same length as the ones on Earth?).

Anyway, I was vaguely reminded of Frontier Episode 5 here, despite Mirage and Hayate not having the kind of chemistry Alto and Sheryl had in that episode. Makina, Reina, and Chuck's tailing the two of them worked surprisingly well considering how groan inducing that could have been. I liked the bit where they provided their own dialogue for the scene they were observing.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 14:37   Link #66
Jingdot
Hoina!

I wonder if Mirage was blushing like that because her Birthday was one day before Freyjas? According to everything, Mirage's birthday is 2nd November - so she got the boot two times in this episode

I totally loved this light hearted episode - Freyjas speech was really heartfelt too. Those moments with Hayate before and during God Bless You were like heaven for me, but knowing Kawamori, no ship is save in this series
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 14:58   Link #67
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
I wonder if Mirage was blushing like that because her Birthday was one day before Freyjas? According to everything, Mirage's birthday is 2nd November - so she got the boot two times in this episode
Mirage is way to pitiful, her birthday is the day before Freyja's and yet no one even cared also didn't they start planning Freyja's birthday on hers??
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 15:13   Link #68
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Mirage's birthday is February 11th. Not November 2nd.
CriiGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 15:31   Link #69
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriiGV View Post
Correct. Character sheets from the official site:

Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 15:32   Link #70
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Oh then it must be wrong on the wiki sites and such. They all have "November 2nd, 2049" in them. Where did they get that then?

Edit: Now that I've seen that pictures, they must have mixed up the dates. Sorry for the wrong satement of mine And here I
thought they were being too cruel to Mirage in this episode
Jingdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 17:58   Link #71
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I was half expecting Freyja's confusion at people throwing a surprise party for her to have something to do with Windermere following a different calendar (seriously, how likely is it that Windermere days/months/years are the exact same length as the ones on Earth?).
They may have been forced to adopt a unified galactic calendar--either by force or by convenience of being able to interact with other worlds.

Many countries in our world keep track of both the Gregorian calendar and a traditional calendar. In the case of a purely lunar calendar, the lunar year would draft from the Gregorian solar year, but nevertheless the 2 calendars can be converted from one to the other.

A galactic standard calendar analogous to the Gregorian calendar is postulated in some science fiction stories. For example, in The Naked Sun, the robots can report time in standard time by default, but they can also report planetary local time and time of day (morning, afternoon, etc) if asked. The protagonist actually made a big deal about being humiliated, because he could not match either standard time or local time to a time of day.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 01:12   Link #72
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Correct. Character sheets from the official site:

I just noticed Mirage's military uniform with thigh high boots and short shorts, sigh I know its a anime but come on. Trying not to complain because she makes it work but it just bothers me a little
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 02:14   Link #73
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I just noticed Mirage's military uniform with thigh high boots and short shorts, sigh I know its a anime but come on. Trying not to complain because she makes it work but it just bothers me a little
the legs are rolled up.
Old 2016-07-20, 06:04   Link #74
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Well, those shorts are possibly knee high shorts that she rolls up enough to expose the bottom of spats that she wears under the shorts. Tho' I am curious as to why the metal plates on her boots: purely decoration or something else.
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 07:55   Link #75
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Then, is November 2 actually Mikumo Guynemer's birthday unless I'm wrong?

Oh wait, nobody remembers her birthday anyway since she's mysterious!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 14:08   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Then, is November 2 actually Mikumo Guynemer's birthday unless I'm wrong?

Oh wait, nobody remembers her birthday anyway since she's mysterious!
She doesn't remember celebrating her birthday. Either it is because of amnesia or back then (500,000 years ago) Protoculture don't celebrate their birthday but have some Vajra holiday instead.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 06:45   Link #77
Thess

Back from vacations and watched the episode. Overall it was great, except by the forced romance and Mirage. Seriously, why did we stuck with her and lost Messer for? Killing her and keeping Messer alive for a real love triangle with Arad and Kaname would have been more interesting than her jarring attempts to be "cute" or "pitiful" (or rather pathetic, IMO) while possessing little discernable redeemable qualities on her own.

Freyja feels sadness and sorrow when she thinks about war and people's suffering. Her entire motivation to sing is because she was able to cheer up her townspeople when they needed it. Even as a struggling orphan girl, she thought about other people with love in her heart, which led her to stretch her wings to join Walkure and continue to bring smiles.

Let's see her rival. Mirage only displays self-pity and maybe. worries... about what affects Hayate and those she's close to? The more I watch about Mirage, the less I like her or about the forced attempts to make me feel sorry because of her "romantic struggle" which scream a white man's first world trouble if you catch my drift: she's from a huge, famous family, has money if she wants, relatives to turn to and all her issues are because she's either immature or a coward to find her own path unlike Freyja and Hayate, or because her crush doesn't like her back. Poor Mirage! Let's pity her! Yeah no. I laughed at the ending scene, zero compassion from me. I couldn't care less about her. Such hardship she carries. Pffftt.

Done with the ugly.

The bad is the formerly great friendship between Freyja and Hayate becoming slowly romantic. Well, I prefer them as friends, but I guess the transition wasn't done so awfully, even if I don't necessarily like it. There's also the whole sharing emotions moments which gave me a flashback of certain Frontier movie scene.

The good is everything else. The plot is starting to move with Hayate getting a potential future dilemma. Mikumo's and all people's appreciation of Freyja (who deserves all that love and support). Arad somehow becoming a more defined character. Likewise Mikumo who I'm more interested to learn more and more (and while, I do ship her with Freyja, I think she's supposed to have a mother-daughter like dynamic unfortunately ). The crack between the Aerial knights is clearer too. I feel bad about Cassim who is trying his best to not throttle the twins and Bogue. Freyja. Hayate. Hayate's gift. It was great, pity it was framed as romance, but kudos to him.

I also found the bumbling attempts to ship Mirage and Hayate by the trio as hilarious too, I guess they can only work as couple if they become OOC comic relief? Because every time they are brought up as a potential couple it's played for laughs with imaginary scenarios that hardly happen (mostly, they talk about other people Hayate cares about, be Messer or Freyja. Heck, Messer would have served as a better main triangle member, male or female, than Mirage). I was thinking Mirage was going to easily win the love triangle, but it's becoming pretty hard when your pairing is mocked while the rival is painted in a serious romantic light. Including in the 'jealousy' scenes. Freyja's concerned about Mirage/Hayate = comic scene because it's not real. Mirage's jealousy over Freyja/Hayate = actually serious and substantial scene takes place. Who knows, though, maybe Hayate will think that "steady and dull" character is the one he'll gun for because that's "mature" over "excitement and inspiration" to difference love vs infatuation. Honestly, I think Macross couples can be understood in this way: they are pair of people who can reach out and understand each other, and sometimes (if not most times), they were people who struggled first to reach an understanding (which mirrors the resolution of war) which could fit on Hayate/Mirage. On the other hand, the potential role Hayate's father played in Windermere during the war may just play against it. Freyja and Hayate might be the next "Milia and Max" just as Mirage foreshadowed episodes ago (and she's the red Walkure and he's the Blue Delta, ace-in-training of their respective groups, and they do actual team work). If Hayate's father indeed bombed the place, them as pair would be showing everyone love forgives the sins of the father and become a strong symbolism of coexistence. Either way, I can't see Mirage ever becoming more important than Freyja in his heart. The best Mirage can hope for is that Freyja chooses not to be with Hayate or that her feelings aren't love, for him to settle down with her (like happened with Misa in SDFM and whatever hope Gamlin had with Mylenne since Basara wasn't interested) at this point.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-07-21 at 06:57.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 06:51   Link #78
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Seriously, why did we stuck with her and lost Messer for?
Jesus Christ, no. Just, no.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:02   Link #79
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Jesus Christ, no. Just, no.
She's an awful character. Messer was a better leader. She doesn't deserve his place. Killing her and keeping Messer is a win/win situation IMO: Hayate loses a mentor which makes him take seriously, no 'realization' of his romantic feelings for Freyja to ruin his beautiful friendship dynamic (no forced main triangle), and we have a better love triangle with Arad, Messer and Kaname. Series is much better already by removing the weak link of the main cast and keeping one of the most interesting characters.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 07:05   Link #80
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
She's awful character. Messer was a better leader. She doesn't deserve his place.
I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote