5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-06-26, 18:10   Link #61
AkitoW013

They did the scene of this promo image in this episode.

http://imgur.com/a/TAKsp
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 20:38   Link #62
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Has someone ever mentioned that Freyja wears granny pants and everybody is seeing it? -_-
Yeah, Freya was giving everyone an up skirt view under her skirt (or would that be down skirt view since she was diving), but I don't believe those are actual pantsu but a more baggier / fluffier version of spats to hide the goodies (sort of like Suzuko from AKB0048). Heck, don't forget that Walkure is compared to magical girls, and some of the more recent Precure series (Go! Princess Precure being the most), that has puffy outer wear over the panties.
Not that I keep real close track of such things, mind you!
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 22:06   Link #63
Thess

I'm not sure how Freyja can top herself after this episode. I can think about Hayate or Mirage, but unless she dives into a black hole singing to cure the whole Galaxy, it's hard to outperform herself after her stunt.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 23:03   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
No, Hayate had a huge boost thanks to Freyja and unlike his fight with Messer Keith had no boost this time (his valk didn't glow I think).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
No it did start glowing gold. He even even had a little quip right when it happened that could be... uncharitably glossed as, "This bastard- MUH WIND!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Yeah I watched that part again and you're right, like Obelisk said Shonen levels of power-up here, Hayate could give Goku a run for his money at how fast he becomes "strong"
Also, funny how Keith was able to aim at the heart of a person inside a cockpit in a matter of seconds but here he prefered to aim at his gun instead plot armor is great, isn't it?
Wait, so Freyja's boost indeed happened (which kinda softened the asspull a bit) but Hayate managed to beat Keith in his prime condition?? That is ludacris on a different level . And you're right, this kind of power-up is on par with Goku. But ironically enough, Goku worked and trained his ass off harder than everyone else to get his power-up 95% of the time to defeat way stronger enemies, while Hayate can just rode Freyja's magical boost and defeat Keith the Knight's Ace with only regular training? Plot armor indeed.

That said, I'm still waiting for the subs to enjoy the episodes fully coz I don't really like half-ass watching without fully understanding of what's going on. That'd be a waste of 20+ minutes of my time. Lucky those who can understand Japanese .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
If only Hayate will just killed that red hair asshole on that episode, he tried to hurt my Walkure too much time.
You mean Bogue? I actually admire his dedication to do one of the most important things in this war from Windermere's POV: eliminating the Walkure. He always targets Walkure whenever he gets the chance. Unfortunately, his execution leaves a lot to be desired. He has a good idea on what to do, but not so much on how to do it right (or better) .
Old 2016-06-26, 23:06   Link #65
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait, so Freyja's boost indeed happened (which kinda softened the asspull a bit) but Hayate managed to beat Keith in his prime condition?? That is ludacris on a different level . And you're right, this kind of power-up is on par with Goku. But ironically enough, Goku worked and trained his ass off harder than everyone else to get his power-up 95% of the time to defeat way stronger enemies, while Hayate can just rode Freyja's magical boost and defeat Keith the Knight's Ace with only regular training? Plot armor indeed.
Freyja disturbed Keith's and Heinz' "wind" beforehand. There's a scene of both of them affected by her song (falling from the sky), ditto with Gramia. Hayate also gained a boost, of course. Mirage takes note that's caused by Freyja's singing and the resonance.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-06-26, 23:11   Link #66
AkitoW013

@Obelisk ze Tormentor: Don't forget that Keith got a magical boost too in this episode and all his attention was on Hayate, unlike the fight with Messer, there's no drone to protect him this time.

Spoiler for Boost:
Old 2016-06-26, 23:16   Link #67
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
@Obelisk ze Tormentor: Don't forget that Keith got a magical boost too in this episode and all his attention was on Hayate, unlike the fight with Messer, there's no drone to protect him this time.
It wasn't that. It seems that Freyja affected and weakened him because she distracts them with feel good skyfall feelings for what you can tell: she disturbs the flow of their wind. She has that effect on them (in episode 8, Bogue looked irritated, for example, they were muttering about the wind). Kaname's singing didn't have the same effect: it wasn't so powerful outside of her connection to Messer. Mirage who is assessing the situation pinpoints realizes it's all due to Freyja.

Old 2016-06-26, 23:22   Link #68
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It wasn't that. It seems that Freyja affected and weakened him because she distracts them with feel good skyfall feelings for what you can tell: she disturbs the flow of their wind. She has that effect on them (in episode 8, Bogue looked irritated, for example, they were muttering about the wind). Kaname's singing didn't have the same effect: it wasn't so empowering outside of her connection to Messer. Mirage who is assessing the situation pinpoints realizes it's all due to Freyja.
Only for a moment, Hayate got Keith's full attention after he started glowing, you can't say he was weakened after that, Keith was excited by this and started glowing too.
Old 2016-06-26, 23:28   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Spoiler for Quotes here to save space:
Okay, now I'm confused about which one is right. I guess I'll just have to watch the episode myself to judge it *back to waiting mode* =_=
Old 2016-06-26, 23:30   Link #70
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Only for a moment, Hayate got Keith's full attention after he started glowing, you can't say he was weakened after that, Keith was excited by this and started glowing too.
Yes, you can say that because he's already irritated and out of focus. He lost his concentration when Freyja started to sing (wasn't just this occurrence, they were irritated in episode 8 too -- her singing does do something to them). When he fought with Messer, for example, he was relaxed and enjoyed himself, letting the battle flow in a similar manner that Hayate was letting the wind guide him, sorry for the corny expression, but that's why he was so relaxed and happy. He felt like floating.

It's got nothing to do with his skill. It seems more like a connection and mental zone they have with... the wind. Plus their bond with their personal singers.

Old 2016-06-26, 23:33   Link #71
magnuskn

Subs are out. Back to sleeping for me. Commentary in a few hours. ^^
Old 2016-06-26, 23:34   Link #72
AkitoW013

Here, 2 other images where you can see that Keith got buffed too.

Spoiler for Keith's buff:
Old 2016-06-26, 23:35   Link #73
Thess

It doesn't matter. It doesn't compare to his relaxed and floating sensation when he fought Messer. Keith lost his peak and concentration because of Freyja already. It's really an Achilles' Heel because without Freyja, Hayate is fairly doomed. I just hope there wouldn't be a stereotypical kidnapping scenario. I hate those.

Old 2016-06-27, 01:06   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a shocker. Everyone but the main cast are bad guys . Nuns are evil, Windermere is evil, all those guys are evil. Except for the Walkure and Delta Squadron, they are ok .

I'll just explain this as the spirit of Messer possessing his plane and that is why things worked out . After all he's a freaking Grim Reaper. You can't really kill one of those.

In the end though props to Freyja. I mean legit props to that girl. Was pretty darn incredible this time around. Started off paired up with Mikumo and sharing the spotlight before freaking leaping off the ship after Hayate . Don't mess with that girl. To go ahead and top anything Mirage was doing she goes downright nuts . Really though it was thanks to her that this turned out even this well. Messing up the singing on the other side enough to deliver some serious damage and take out the King.

Of course Roid is plotting and such.

Great episode.
Old 2016-06-27, 01:15   Link #75
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
What a shocker. Everyone but the main cast are bad guys . Nuns are evil, Windermere is evil, all those guys are evil. Except for the Walkure and Delta Squadron, they are ok .
Nobody is disputing they are all antagonists. However, one side will be likely sang to and will get along in the end and another side will just receive a cold missile warning or a Macross Cannon blast, and Freyja already declared that she wants to her song to reach to the Windermerians and Heinz with Hayate's support.

Quote:
Great episode.
Agreed. Freyja has surpassed all my expectations. I eagerly await the potential crossover game/OVA/special with Sheryl, Ranka and Fire Bomber. I mostly want to see her interacting with Sheryl and Basara.

Old 2016-06-27, 01:53   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Nobody is disputing they are all antagonists. However, one side will be likely sang to and will get along in the end and another side will just receive a cold missile warning or a Macross Cannon blast, and Freyja already declared that she wants to her song to reach to the Windermerians and Heinz with Hayate's support.
Makes sense. The Nuns guy was too much of a mustache twirling villain to be saved. His allies probably get blasted to oblivion.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the Sky Knights getting smoked. Seems like a few are set up well to get killed off for some drama along the way.

Quote:
Agreed. Freyja has surpassed all my expectations. I eagerly await the potential crossover game/OVA/special with Sheryl, Ranka and Fire Bomber. I mostly want to see her interacting with Sheryl and Basara.
She has definitely done that. Definitely surpassed any expectations I had going into this one. The singing has been good and her boldness has been purely fun to watch. I respect anyone who goes skydiving just to save someone they care about .
Old 2016-06-27, 03:30   Link #77
Thess

Quote:
Makes sense. The Nuns guy was too much of a mustache twirling villain to be saved. His allies probably get blasted to oblivion.
Yeaaaah. Gramia sincerely disapproving of anyone blowing their own people and harming the earth like that just made those alleged "dimension weapons" NUNs claimed Windermere used on them as an elaborate lie. Going to bet they were using the conflict to test the ruins but accidentally got out hand while they use the right ammo this time. It's not like they give a damn if civilians and their troops are sacrificed in name of science, huh?

Now the question is what they are looking for? I doubt that'll be introduced and dropped. I hope they don't release anything stupid this time.

Quote:
Though I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the Sky Knights getting smoked. Seems like a few are set up well to get killed off for some drama along the way.
Obviously Herman and Cassim are walking red shirts. Maybe a twin, but I kind of doubt it. Cassim seems to be made to be killed off. Sadly, I think Roid will face Keith in a dramatic reveal he's a traitor or something (because he wants to negotiate with the NUNS central office?). Keith is one of the main characters, so I don't think he'll die. He has a POV manga, after all.

Quote:
She has definitely done that. Definitely surpassed any expectations I had going into this one. The singing has been good and her boldness has been purely fun to watch. I respect anyone who goes skydiving just to save someone they care about .
Yes, I agree. She's completely against what I thought she would be when I first judged her design and easily became one of my favorite Macross characters.

Old 2016-06-27, 06:27   Link #78
magnuskn

Alrighty, my thoughts:

- Yep, the NUG/NUNS guy was evil. I wanted to hold off on forming a complete opinion until he actually did something bad and wasn't just off-putting... and there it is. Now the question is if he actually works for the government or really is working for that nebulous faction behind the scenes we haven't really seen yet.

- Poor fish-girl. Let's hope she's okay. Most civilians surprisingly seemed to be so after having a reaction bomb set off just a few kilometres away. Guess Chucks family should have stayed with the other refugees instead of going off rafting in their floating house.

- All the people who said that Windermere wasn't after conquest, boom! You were wrong. Starwind sector established. Maybe they'll allow some sort of democracy, but with them being a top-down royalty, I don't see it happening. Now, maybe Roid is a bad guy, maybe he actually is the person most open to outside influence. Given how he reacted to Freyja outsinging Heinz, I'm not sure where to put my money.

- I am sufficiently satisfied with Hayate getting his power upgrade by essentially "stealing" Keiths wind/fold connection. Let's see if he keeps it or if it really is only Freyja-powered.

- This episode did not change my mind on Windermeres war crimes at all. But, yes, there is a greater enemy afoot. The question is if Macross will go with the stereotype of both sides joining forces and become friends or have some damned accountability of Windermere. Well, given that Gramia was the leader and he is dead now, the burden of that falls on Roid. The Aerial Knights are effectively just foot soldiers in this conflict (not in the literal sense, of course), hence they don't actually bear as much responsibility as Gramia and Roid did. We'll see where the show takes us next in this regard.

- I really hope we get some new songs for the next cour. It'll be interesting to see what the new OP will be like. I wasn't really enamored with Freyja's solo at the start of the last sequence. Mikumo really is the much better singer with a much fuller and better voice.

- As for romance, both ladies like Hayate, he is totally oblivious about it apparently (Alto at least knew what was going on, although he deliberately ignored it for as long as possible). Sigh. Oh, well, I just want some romance. Even though it is clear that Kawamori noticed that he couldn't surpass Frontier in that regard and put this aspect of Macross on the clear backburner.

- And on this note, I must again say that I think Delta is not as much my show as Frontier was. That is not a knock against Delta, a lot of people are clearly enjoying the show to its maximum. But I personally prefer a more character driven narrative over a plot driven narrative and Delta is clearly lacking in the character development department for me. The plot itself is very interesting (see how we are fighting over plot developments and morals instead over who is getting together with whom), but the characters still remain too sketchy and undefined for me.

Nonetheless, this particular episode scores a perfect 10 out of 10 with me. Let's see how well the rest of the show will hold up.

*edit* Oh, and btw: THE KING IN THE NORTH!!! If you know what I mean.
Old 2016-06-27, 07:01   Link #79
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
*edit* Oh, and btw: THE KING IN THE NORTH!!! If you know what I mean.
Oh, God, like that is gonna end well. Even if it was AWESOME.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-27, 07:22   Link #80
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Green haired oneesan safe for now. Still hoping she will be the replacement pilot.

My eyes started to roll at the Hayate power up sequence but thankfully they kept the duel short enough to be believable for me.