1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-04-11, 09:26   Link #61
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Oh the horror at the realization Hayate and Mirage's relationship is reminding me of Isamu and Guld's relationship.
Good Lord, why?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 09:45   Link #62
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Good Lord, why?
Hayate is carefree. Mirage has anger management issues. They both hate each other's guts.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 09:48   Link #63
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Hayate is carefree. Mirage has anger management issues. They both hate each other's guts.
But it's "hate" more like Max and Millia, no? At least, I thought that was what they were going for...?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:00   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But it's "hate" more like Max and Millia, no? At least, I thought that was what they were going for...?
There was never hate on Max's part. All he had on the brain was I like her proportions and she is my type. A knife fight later he proposes to Millia.

Max is a genius but he is also a cuckoolander.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:08   Link #65
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh the horror at the realization Hayate and Mirage's relationship is reminding me of Isamu and Guld's relationship.
Well, it feels more Max/Millia to me imo. Max was carefree and easy going. Millia otoh, was no nonsense, uptight and strict.

OTOH, ever wondered what if Guld was a woman and how the rivalry would have turned out?

Quote:

Max is a genius but he is also a cuckoolander.
Most geniuses are. They are loose on some parts and had to over-compensate in other departments.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:26   Link #66
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I love the Freyja side of the story so far. However, I'm much more "meh" about the Hayate side of the story.

I find Freyja very likeable, and her side of the story has a real charm and magic to it. Walkure is a lot of fun. Freyja's side of the story comes across to me as a very well-written idol/magical girl anime.

Hayate honestly seems like a jerk to me so far. That's not to say that Mirage is in the right here. He's being a jerk, and she's being overly uptight and hotheaded.

I hope that the Hayate side of the story gets better, but even if it doesn't, I plan to stay for the Freyja side.
Old 2016-04-11, 10:28   Link #67
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, it feels more Max/Millia to me imo. Max was carefree and easy going. Millia otoh, was no nonsense, uptight and strict.

OTOH, ever wondered what if Guld was a woman and how the rivalry would have turned out?
Without getting too spoilery (there are ep. 3 spoilers in the general discussion thread), i'd opine that Hayte's interactions with Mirage, Arad and Messer paint him as more like Isamu than Max in personality; he's less the 'eccentric genius' and more the 'insufferable genius,' at least when it comes to the things he devotes his energy to. It pushes the dynamic more in the direction of the 'core' romances of Macross, and that might be the only point. I dunno if Kawamori is thirsty enough for our tears that he would actually kill off a female lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Hayate honestly seems like a jerk to me so far. That's not to say that Mirage is in the right here. He's being a jerk, and she's being overly uptight and hotheaded.
I would agree for the most part; it seems like Mirage is uptight and snaps at Hayate because she takes her job very seriously. Hayate is on the defensive, and reacts in an unfortunate but understandable fashion, but his dig at Mirage's timing would seem to her to be extremely petty, because she probably cares more about protecting her charges than putting on a show. Still, it reflects poorly on her abilities as a pilot so she can't deny it, and thus the sparks continue to fly.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:35   Link #68
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Well, I don't think Walkure should have held auditions as they can just recruit Freyja Wion directly!
They could hire her directly, but then they wouldn't have seen her gumption, which validated that they did make the right call. Besides, the audition was a legitimate way to find more members of Walkure, and it's likely they would've inducted 2-3 members had they passed the necessary qualifications.

Quote:
Meanwhile, I'll be curious to see if Keith Aero Winderemere has any runes hidden in his body as his surname might be part-Winderemerean.
Given that "runes" are apparently the thick hair things that Windermerians have, like Frejya's heart rune and the Knight's diamond runes, I'm pretty sure he does have one - in fact, he has two green diamond ones hanging from his hair.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:49   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
I would agree for the most part; it seems like Mirage is uptight and snaps at Hayate because she takes her job very seriously. Hayate is on the defensive, and reacts in an unfortunate but understandable fashion, but his dig at Mirage's timing would seem to her to be extremely petty, because she probably cares more about protecting her charges than putting on a show. Still, it reflects poorly on her abilities as a pilot so she can't deny it, and thus the sparks continue to fly.
I don't necessarily mind Hayate's response to Mirage here. Like you wrote, it's understandable.

But there's two things that add to it to give me a "he's a jerk" current take on Hayate.

1. Him basically telling Freyja that she's going to fail. I suspect this is supposed to seem like cute teasing leading into an anime romance, but this early on, it just seems callous to me. This is a big deal to Freyja, and it's not like her and Hayate are already an item that have developed a certain chemistry where they tease each other just for fun.

2. Him giving off this "too cool for school" vibe to me. He's already acting like some ace hotshot that the military should bend/break all of its rules for. I'd have much less issue with it if he truly saved the day, but the guy needed to have his own butt bailed out at the start of this episode. And it's not like the antagonists were soundly defeated. Like one of them said, it seemed to me that they might have won if they had pressed on.

Hopefully the Hayate/Mirage dynamic ends up being a well-balanced one, and it results in me liking them both more. But for now, the Freyja side of the story is far and away what I like most about Macross Delta.
Old 2016-04-11, 10:49   Link #70
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, I'm really liking Suzuki's singing voice, not so much the OP and the ED. It's not bad, but it isn't memorable either. Then again, everything pales when compared to Ikenai Borderline. XD

As for Hayate and Mirage, definitely feel more Max/Millia than Isamu/Guld. At first I thought Hayate would be another Hikaru/Alto in which they are the top-notch rookie flyer, but his laissez-faire attitude in conjunction with prodigy-level like control of their plane (or in this case the robot) just screams Max to me. Hell, they even gave Hayate the colour blue in contrast to Mirage/Millia's red colour scheme.

Which of course is pretty much doom to Freyja ship. Since when did Max/Millia clone never get together? It's like the older Roy/Claudia clones... only death do them part. (crossing fingers for Arad/Kaname )

Speaking of ships, the only other one I see forming is with the Platoon's current ace. In the OP it looks like one of the cook's daughter is watching him while he plays with her younger siblings. Old family friend, maybe?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 10:59   Link #71
Tak

All I know... is that at this point, Hayate and Mirage's sex is going to be very violent... I hope they have home insurance.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-04-11, 11:10   Link #72
magnuskn

Quote:
Isamu and Guld never were sexually interested in another, though.

We think.

Anyway, great episode. It made me emotional in all the right places. I think Hayate is something too much of a rebellious youth and Mirage is waaaay too uptight and angry. Makes you wonder what made her become like this. It'll be interesting to see what her exact backstory is. Crossing my fingers for an Emiria appearance. And of course Max and Milia.
Freyya is still doing best in the character department. No complaints there.

Can't wait until next week.
Old 2016-04-11, 11:18   Link #73
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Isamu and Guld never were sexually interested in another, though.
Nooooooooooo!!! I don't want to imagine!!

- Tak

Old 2016-04-11, 11:33   Link #74
magnuskn

Aw, c'mon, they always were very gay for each other, like Maverick and Ice.

Anyway, I was vastly amused at the Zentradi captains name being E(a)rnest Johnson. I presume Long John Silver or Dick Miller was taken?
Old 2016-04-11, 11:48   Link #75
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

No one's brought up the street urchins flashing Ranka's KIRA~ handsign, and selling the same type of phone that she used?

On the other hand, no My Boyfriend Is A Pilot. I am sad.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 11:56   Link #76
Tenzen12

While I can see why is comparison HxM and MxN legit and obviously intentional, shouldn't be Ichijou x Misa first to come to mind... or at least before Guld - Isamu one?
Old 2016-04-11, 12:00   Link #77
azarhal

After this episode, I'm starting to wonder if the love triangle isn't Hayate->VF-31c Siegfried<-Mirage in reality.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 12:10   Link #78
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
After this episode, I'm starting to wonder if the love triangle isn't Hayate->VF-31c Siegfried<-Mirage in reality.
As we metioned here, the cockpit of the Sieg is where everything is happening...

- Tak

Old 2016-04-11, 12:17   Link #79
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
You mean Hayate <- VF-31 Siegfried -> Mirage right? The Valkyrie is the real winner here

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 12:22   Link #80
Dop
Mmmm....

I suspect Mirage is a bit uptight because she has a name to live up to.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote