AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-27, 12:51   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Eh. VNDB says Kai currently works for Mana (another VN-company and subsidiarity of Visual Arts). I don't think his work on Harmonia and AB means departure to Key.
Old 2015-09-27, 12:55   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I just want to remind all the source readers again, as usual, to avoid spoilers in this thread. I'll allow the previous one because... well, yeah... but if you want to get into in-depth speculation about how they'll adapt the anime based on your game knowledge, please go to the game thread instead.

All in all, while I'm sure some won't agree with every direction they decide to take (no matter what they do), I'm quite sure that Visual Art's is incredibly aware of fan demands and expectations, as always, and wouldn't have greenlit the production if their basic expectations weren't going to be met. With Visual Art's staff working directly on the story planning, they're taking as much of a roll in ensuring its success as anyone might expect. For now I think all anyone can do is wait and see.
Old 2015-09-27, 15:28   Link #63
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Eh. VNDB says Kai currently works for Mana (another VN-company and subsidiarity of Visual Arts). I don't think his work on Harmonia and AB means departure to Key.
In terms of employment, there's actually no distinction (one company, multiple brands/teams). Mana is the main brand that he writes for, but he participates on whatever management at VisualArt's might request.

In this case, I think the company simply wanted one of their employed writers to participate, so the job went to Kai.
Old 2015-09-27, 16:11   Link #64
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
In terms of employment, there's actually no distinction (one company, multiple brands/teams). Mana is the main brand that he writes for, but he participates on whatever management at VisualArt's might request.

In this case, I think the company simply wanted one of their employed writers to participate, so the job went to Kai.
I just corrected ukulelembo that although Kai works for Visual Arts and is one of the writers of Angel Beats VN and main writer of Harmonia VN (he also worked on Clannad), he is not the "current main writer of Key".
Old 2015-09-27, 16:39   Link #65
GDB

Please, Rewrite, erase the muck that was Charlotte from my Key databanks.
Old 2015-09-27, 17:09   Link #66
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
he is not the "current main writer of Key".
In a certain sense, he is. Basically since Maeda left position of main writer of Key, it was Kai who wrote most of things for Key.
Old 2015-09-27, 17:17   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kai was pretty much MIA after writing Kyou, Kappei and Half of Yukine's route, and only became active for Harmonia. Tonokawa OTOH was one of the primary writers for LB along with Shirokiri and Maeda for LB, then teamed up with Tanaka and Ryukishi for RW.

If anything, Tonokawa is the scenarist who is very likely to be Maeda's successor if key keeps this trend.
Old 2015-09-28, 06:58   Link #68
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tanaka Romeo involvement elevates the interest level exponentially. Staff and studio? Meh. But Tanaka trumps that for the most part.
That's what I went in thinking. Somehow this ended up being the weakest effort by "Modern Key" (discounting the two disastrous forays into anime.)

Curb your enthusiasm folks. There's plenty to like here (Kotarou and Kotori most of all) but this won't be a stellar showing. And this isn't even getting into the usual worries about adaptation liberties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
Considering that anime scenario will be written by Tanaka himself and Kai (current main writer of Key) who wasn't even involved in original game, I strongly expect that we will get anime original route.
This would be preferable; there's a lot of good that can be wrought from, *ahem*, rewriting some of the more tedious parts of the story.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2015-09-28 at 07:12.
Old 2015-09-28, 08:59   Link #69
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I never said Rewrite "bombed", but it is not close to even Little Busters.
Rewrite sales amounted 25k within the first month, and cloaked around 100K after a year. In comparison, other flagship title from Key sold for 100-150K each within a much shorter period (Little buster had 100k within the first months, while Rewrite needed a year for that).
Quote:
In total, Little Busters sold for 300K, and the sales amounted for other ports for Rewrite are negligible at best (5K for each plateform). So overall, Rewrite sold like half or a third compared to other franchises.
Again, I never stated it bombed. It is actually a comfortable performance considering how unusual the title is. However, it doesn't have the same "pedigree" as the other series who could sell that much much faster. So there isn't any indication the production committee would expect the same kind of result as the other 2 flagship titles.

The "fourth" mention"was a bit misleading from my initial post. I considered the sales within the same timeframe, and as I stated, early sales only went for 25k, whereas the other two broke the 6 digits within the same period. Which means the fanbase wasn't as enthusiatic for RW compared to the other franchises.
I kind of agree with nachtwandler here, because i haven not seen any proof that the sales information on rewrite was that great in the first year. Primarily because it barely made it in the top 10 best sold game of 2011 lists in larger game shops

edit:

scroll a little below the videos
http://blog.xuite.net/e22823768/blog...A1%8C%E6%A6%9C

If it really did sell 100k copies, then it would have been the best sold bishouge of 2011. Seeing that the "normal " eroges usually dont sell in 6 digit amounts with the exception being type moon and older key games. But in that case Rewrite would have easily outranked as a example "Daiteikoku", "Kamikaze Explorer", "Kamidori Alchemy Meister" or "Aiyoku no Eustia" of that same year

Last edited by hyl; 2015-09-28 at 09:14.
Old 2015-09-28, 09:48   Link #70
NWJY
Newbei Enter

You all think when this anime going to be release???
I hope it going to be next year.......hopefully spring since it like a spring of love in Rewrite
Old 2015-09-28, 22:10   Link #71
Dr. Casey

Spring 2016 isn't impossible, that's about the earliest I could possibly see it. I'd say basically any point during 2016 or 2017.
Old 2015-09-29, 03:13   Link #72
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
If anything, Tonokawa is the scenarist who is very likely to be Maeda's successor if key keeps this trend.
That was true, but he's completely disappeared after Rewrite... the only thing he's done since is, well, the other game with the Rewrite writers, the one 07th Expansion is doing.
Old 2015-09-29, 06:36   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I kind of agree with nachtwandler here
Huh? Actually, I argued with nachtwandler that Rewrite isn't on par with Clannad and Lb at all, and your post pretty much confirm that train of thought, albeit with numbers even less flattering than what I found here.
I completely forgot the lack of that ranking title for 2011, which was the first thing that triggered trolls thinking it bombed like trash.

In the end, both sources converge to the same conclusion so it might affect the budget/direction taken for the adaptation, although whether the anime will be a commercial/critics success or not is a complete different story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That was true, but he's completely disappeared after Rewrite... the only thing he's done since is, well, the other game with the Rewrite writers, the one 07th Expansion is doing.
That's why I said "if key keeps this trend".
To be really honest, considering what he did in LB and RW, I'd rather have him retire or stick with fluff/secondary routes only.
Old 2015-09-29, 08:05   Link #74
NWJY
Newbei Enter

How many episode and season u think there going to be?
If the there is two season how u think they going to animate it?
There is Rewrite and Rewrite Festa in the game.....
The story from Festa most probably they going to made into OVA or special episode
If there is second season i think the second going to talk about Terra plotline
Old 2015-09-29, 08:20   Link #75
MCAL

Well if its two seasons, its going to be a disaster. Honestly, something as big as Rewrite probably needs five, but that's basically impossible. Four seasons should be fine. Three is pushing it, but not impossible, but considering the director I wouldn't be positive there.

And I don't see them doing Harvest Festa. It's just a fan disc.
Old 2015-09-29, 10:54   Link #76
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Once more: how the hell director or even studio choice equals core number?

It's up to production committee only.
Old 2015-09-29, 11:25   Link #77
MCAL

Quote:
Once more: how the hell director or even studio choice equals core number?

It's up to production committee only.
No, I mean if the director was given three cours by the production committee, I don't think he would do well with it.

Last edited by MCAL; 2015-09-29 at 12:05. Reason: Am I clearer now?
Old 2015-09-29, 11:30   Link #78
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I think it's the opposite.
Old 2015-09-29, 11:43   Link #79
MCAL

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... Okay...? Am I missing something here?
Old 2015-09-29, 11:51   Link #80
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think it's because you misspelt "given". But even so...

(This is really funny to watch by the way. =3)
Closed Thread