AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 10 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 15.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 17:25   Link #61
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He obviously was able to deflect the swords, otherwise he wouldn't even be able to wake up. >_< Please don't twist my words. I'm just arguing that I find it hard to believe that he made swords fly.

I never said it was only his left arm. We don't know what happened since the screen went white.

If there's no line that somehow equates to "I make the swords appear and launch them at his swords", I'm not buying it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:27   Link #62
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Just to comment on this, I would actually find it more believable for Shirou to be able to copy whatever he just saw Archer doing than to have him defend against all those incoming swords two at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Spoiler:

The very fact that he raise only his left arm implied he didn't just bruteforce his way into batting away Archer's blades.
While it's true that he only stick out his left arm (which might imply that he didn't just brute forced it), it also doesn't imply that he just send out a sword rain to counter a sword rain. You also have to consider both Shirou's condition and his physical/magical abilities at the time. The scene did state that Shirou couldn't copy all 18 swords with eyes alone; and that during the event, he tried something based on a theory he had. Also considering that he reached (or went) over his limit, the scene could go either way.

This makes me want to ask Japanese watchers/readers about this particular scene, along with Nasu answering this. Did the Japanese watchers/readers complained about this scene?
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:28   Link #63
Jaden

Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on there. Was Archer being merciful, or did the RM collapse because they both spent all their mana?
Old 2015-05-09, 17:33   Link #64
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
While it's true that he only stick out his left arm (which might imply that he didn't just brute forced it), it also doesn't imply that he just send out a sword rain to counter a sword rain. You also have to consider both Shirou's condition and his physical/magical abilities at the time. The scene did state that Shirou couldn't copy all 18 swords with eyes alone; and that during the event, he tried something based on a theory he had. Also considering that he reached (or went) over his limit, the scene could go either way.
But Shirou being inside UBW probably increased his chances of successfully projecting the blades. Under normal condition Archer is miles ahead of him in that skill but inside UBW Shirou can easily "copy" the blades without too much cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on there. Was Archer being merciful, or did the RM collapse because they both spent all their mana?
Nah he just ran out of mana. UBW is very cost-heavy. Prolonging the RM and Archer would have cease to exist.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:34   Link #65
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post

He probably run out of mana. Mantaining a Reality Marble costs massive amounts of mana, on top of that he had no master to provide him with mana.
Raziel1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 17:39   Link #66
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
But Shirou being inside UBW probably increased his chances of successfully projecting the blades. Under normal condition Archer is miles ahead of him in that skill but inside UBW Shirou can easily "copy" the blades without too much cost.

Nah he just ran out of mana. UBW does take out a lot of him. Prolonging the RM and Archer would have cease to exist.
Shirou is inside UBW, that is true. However, that's not Shirou's UBW; that's Archer's UBW. It had been stated how Archer's internal world and Shirou's internal world are completely different. Since Archer was the one to bring his out, it should only be affecting Archer (also along with the fact that at this point in time, Shirou still doesn't have complete understanding of his power/UBW).
Old 2015-05-09, 17:49   Link #67
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Guys? Those of you who call bullshit on Shirou deflecting those swords that fast with just his left arm? If he used Archer's preferred weapons in that scene, well, fucking keep in mind just how fast he was swinging them when he first Traced them against Kuzuki in this anime. I daresay it's more believable than you think.
Old 2015-05-09, 17:52   Link #68
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

This scene was there to show us that whole "two identical swords will both break upon collision" thing. People compare it to DEEN but that's BS. In DEEN Shirou blocked hundreds of swords with just K&B, which makes no sense since Saber who was right next to him could have done that better than him. In ufo however Shirou used the concept of "two identical swords breaking each other", so he didn't have to deflect or overpower the incoming swords (which Saber would have to do in his place) but instead all Shirou had to do was randomly slaming his own swords into Archer's counterparts leading to all of them being destroyed. Also we finally got to see "long range analysing" finally.

It was actually quite an asspull in the VN (if it really happened) that Shirou not only managed to copy numerous swords (although he just said he could only project one more time), but also "upgrade" them into fire&forget rockets, considering his current prana pool, which is low to begin with, was almost depleted.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:01   Link #69
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This scene was there to show us that whole "two identical swords will both break upon collision" thing. People compare it to DEEN but that's BS. In DEEN Shirou blocked hundreds of swords with just K&B, which makes no sense since Saber who was right next to him could have done that better than him. In ufo however Shirou used the concept of "two identical swords breaking each other", so he didn't have to deflect or overpower the incoming swords (which Saber would have to do in his place) but instead all Shirou had to do was randomly slaming his own swords into Archer's counterparts leading to all of them being destroyed. Also we finally got to see "long range analysing" finally.

It was actually quite an asspull in the VN (if it really happened) that Shirou not only managed to copy numerous swords (although he just said he could only project one more time), but also "upgrade" them into fire&forget rockets, considering his current prana pool, which is low to begin with, was almost depleted.
Truth be told, I had no problems with how UfoUBW portrayed the scene. The scene shows how Shirou is understanding (bit by bit) the nature of this power (projection, UBW, and anything related to them), getting better and better at utilizing them. He only had a complete understanding (or at least understood) the nature of it in his clash with Gil, and had Archer having to "lecture" him during their fight/skirmish in "Answer". Considering the condition of his body at the moment, along with how low his mana/prana pool was, I do agree with you.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:20   Link #70
Esclair

Seems like the whole scene should have just been slightly reworked instead of being faithful to the VN (which looks like was anticlimatic and ambiguous as heck anyways).
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 18:26   Link #71
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm just annoyed we didn't get the full UBW chant here, just like in the damn movie.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:31   Link #72
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm just annoyed we didn't get the full UBW chant here, just like in the damn movie.
That was actually "correct" for once. Only DEENime had it in the anime-only battle against Berserker. Even in the VN it was shortened in the UBW route. Archer found a way to shorten the incantation, so there is no need for him to use the complete one. In the VN the only instance he used the complete one was during a flashback in "Answer".
Old 2015-05-09, 18:40   Link #73
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Unrimited Bureid Woks

Spoiler for possible spoiler:
Old 2015-05-09, 18:42   Link #74
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He's hoping it will, but it's an extremely slim chance. For the most part it's just for him to take his frustrations and regrets out on his past self.
Old 2015-05-09, 18:57   Link #75
monster

Is there a reason given as to why his chant is in English?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:03   Link #76
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Unrimited Bureid Woks

I heard it won't and he knows that. Archer is Shirou from a parallel universe so killing Shirou won't do squat.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:22   Link #77
AkitoW013

Quote:
Unrimited Bureid Woks

I don't think so because it's just one timeline with an infinite others next to it.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:25   Link #78
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Oh wow, it's really beautiful and touching. Even a bit romantic.

Also, another question, damn my VN memory is vague...

When Kirei gets taken out, do we see Gilgamesh even giving a tiny bit of crap about it? Does he even know Kirei got killed?
Gil knew Kirei died. But he didn't give a damn, because he has his own goals.
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 19:31   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Is there a reason given as to why his chant is in English?
Rule of cool.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 20:00   Link #80
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Unrimited Bureid Woks

Pretty sure it won't and it is really just a way for Archer to lash at who he was he like in the past.