AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 10 30.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 42.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-27, 22:57   Link #61
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Blondie and shinji combi is like a king and his jester

I still cant get over shirou way to always help other, i mean if i can help other i will but whats the point if you obviously and 100% cant do anything about it, did he ever heard the term "live to fight/save another day"?
I think Rin's statement about Shirou being twisted/broken is supposed to be the point of it.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 00:51   Link #62
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

The flashback showed him trying to ignore people to try and help himself survive. This made him have a guilt complex which makes him help people ASAP and give him guilt when he can't.

For him, he "lived to fight" when he survived the fire. And now, he is trying to "save another day" by helping as much people as he can even at the cost of his life because, as he sees it, he died in that fire 10 years ago.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-28, 20:42   Link #63
Yan3242

Guess the breaking point happen when he fight archer later and found out later it was his savior who cause the whole incident. It happen in ubw route right? I kind of forgot.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 04:01   Link #64
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
Guess the breaking point happen when he fight archer later and found out later it was his savior who cause the whole incident. It happen in ubw route right? I kind of forgot.
It is only revealed in the Heaven's Feel route that Kiritsugu was the reason for the incident at the end of the 4th Grail War.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 05:20   Link #65
Lorhand

Spoiler for Answer:
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 10:17   Link #66
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Seems I confused Kiritsugu's real nature and method of operation only getting revealed in Heaven's Feel with the reveal that he was responsible for the disaster.

Hm, now I'm not sure anymore if that was the case. Didn't Kirei also reveal the unsavoury stuff Kiristugu did in the Fate route?

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-04-29 at 11:02.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 10:46   Link #67
Lorhand

As far as I remember, Kirei makes it sound in Fate like his wish caused the fire, although he notes that no matter who would have used the Grail, the result would have been the same, since it interprets every wish in a destructive way.

Kiritsugu's true nature is only revealed by Kirei in HF, you're right about that. In Fate you learn he was Saber's Master, didn't get along with her, defeated Kirei and ordered Saber to destroy the Grail. In UBW, you learn indirectly in Ilya's flashback, that he fought for the Einzberns.

Last edited by Lorhand; 2015-04-29 at 11:36.
Old 2015-04-29, 13:53   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Kotomine likes to think he caused the fire. And it WAS more or less what he wished for at the time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 09:56   Link #69
Geburah

Can someone refresh me if in the VN Herakles got wounded by the wolves? As far as i know even with having God Hand turned off servants are inmune to any kind of conventional atack so wolves shouldnt been able to hurt Herakles at all
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-01, 11:29   Link #70
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
Can someone refresh me if in the VN Herakles got wounded by the wolves? As far as i know even with having God Hand turned off servants are inmune to any kind of conventional atack so wolves shouldnt been able to hurt Herakles at all
Magical wolfs with A rank fangs
Old 2015-05-02, 19:39   Link #71
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Heracles bleeds with anything but he doesn't die. So I guess wolves didn't reduce even 1 life.
Old 2015-05-02, 19:58   Link #72
Geburah

Remember that in the VN Archer eats a Kuzuki blow in the face after he has no magic enhancement, and he deals no damage to him at all when its strong enough to kill a person and Archer didnt even bother to block it.

You could shoot Caster in the face with a Magnum and it would deal 0 damage to her since a servant are a supernatural being and inmune to every common weapon/damage sans magic/conceptual weapons and similar
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 21:21   Link #73
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Remember that in the VN Archer eats a Kuzuki blow in the face after he has no magic enhancement, and he deals no damage to him at all when its strong enough to kill a person and Archer didnt even bother to block it.

You could shoot Caster in the face with a Magnum and it would deal 0 damage to her since a servant are a supernatural being and inmune to every common weapon/damage sans magic/conceptual weapons and similar
What? I never heard about that (refering to Archer taking an attack to the face)... also due to Mahoutsukai we know that Kuzuki can damage servants even without magic enhancements, probably.
Old 2015-05-02, 21:38   Link #74
Lorhand

Shirou has the option to try to stop Kuzuki, when he wants to attack Archer, or not. In one choice, Archer will dodge Kuzuki's attacks and then stab him, in the other one, Archer will tank the hit to the face and then slash Kuzuki.

Anyway, wrong episode, I think.
Old 2015-05-05, 10:53   Link #75
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
What? I never heard about that (refering to Archer taking an attack to the face)... also due to Mahoutsukai we know that Kuzuki can damage servants even without magic enhancements, probably.
The specific example aside, It's stated rather clearly in Fate route (shortly after the first encounter with Berserker) that conventional arms can't harm servants.

To quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate
But since the Servants can affect the real world as spirits, you could call them the most powerful weapon.

With the technology we have now, there are no weapons that can affect a spiritual being. Our attacks are useless against them, and their attacks can damage us. It's not just a one-sided game. Murder by a Servant is like a natural death for normal people.

Death caused by an invisible killer will just be treated as accidental death or suicide.

And going back to said example,

Spoiler for Episode 17:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 11:44   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
The specific example aside, It's stated rather clearly in Fate route (shortly after the first encounter with Berserker) that conventional arms can't harm servants.
Yes I know that, I was actually refering to a spoiler from Mahoyo, where it suppoedly was stated that the fighting style that Kuzuki uses includes the ability to "ignore concepts", like the concept of invincibility or intangability, but maybe I got that wrong, or Kuzuki can actually do it, but simply has insufficient strenght to break through Archer's defense by himself.
Old 2015-05-06, 02:35   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

Shooting Caster in the face probably would deal a ton of damage really. The problem is actually shooting her in the face.

Berserker would probably feel little because of special abilities.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 19:20   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fate/stay night 16 - Winter Days, the Form Wishes Take

Thankfully, Shiro made it through from the previous episode's cliffhanger.

Broken, that's the word that came to my mind when Shirou pull out a particular gesture to Tohsaka at explaining his actions to put others safety and happiness before his.

Honestly, Kiritsugu would have neither intended nor condoned for Shiro to be a hero saving everyone out there in the entire world; that's not possible.

Each one of us gets one, just one shot at life, and there lies within us to seek the answer how we want to face and live our lives.

In regard for Kuzuki's reply to Archer's last question, changing the subject, I interpret that the good and evil in each one of us is something we have to deal every day in our lives, and settling the outcome of our inner struggles never ceases; we're human and flawed, bounded to fail and to commit mistakes.

Applying at how much Shiro's suffering upholding his ideals, he's losing it or will eventually lose himself, if he cannot admit that more than his ideal to be flawed it is himself that is flawed and no one expects him to save literally everyone.

Now, if there's one thing that surely rose my spirits in this episode was watching Rin flustering, blushing, and bickering with Shiro over who would get to deal with Lancer. Oh man, those tsundere Rin moments came in handy in order to lighten up the mood.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote