AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 31.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-07, 15:29   Link #61
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
And let's face it - Asseylum didn't have any idea what she was doing at the beginning of the S1 and I doubt she has any idea o what to do now (though the last part may be wrong)
People keep saying this, but it's not true.

In season 1, Asseylum was trying to negotiate some kind of peace with Earth. The only reason that never worked out is because Saazbaum interfered. Even if the other counts didn't like it, they were still loyal enough to submit to her authority.

The only reason Asseylum's plan didn't work out was because of Saazbaum, and now Slaine, interfering with her, not her naivety.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:33   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think Inaho is going to die during the invasion of Mars...
I'm beginning to think that maybe both MCs will die before this is over. Slaine will die to achieve his goal, and Inaho will die because of his eye. The doctor warned him that by the time he notices it, "it will be too late". Inaho has definitely noticed it by now....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 15:34   Link #63
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I don't know everything that is powering moon base, but you have to understand that if they shut it down, they would not only be killing everyone on there, since nothing would work, but they would also kill themselves, since they are on the base. It's not like it's on Earth where everyone could just go outside. It would be a long, drawn out tomb if they did that.

He's not afraid of them doing that. One thing that I really liked about this episode is that it showed Slaine's resolve and that he honestly doesn't care what Asseylum thinks right now. He believes what he's doing is right and so he's doing it and he's willing to die for it. Note that he never said anything about leading or ruling this new world, and that he's separated himself from Vers? He's preparing to die to make it happen and then for Asseylum to rule what results. And seeing as her grandfather is on his last leg, I don't think it will be long before she becomes ruler of Vers. He's not afraid of Asseylum or Lemrina, but that doesn't mean that he wants them hurt, thus the house arrest.
However, seeing that Slaine is fortune's fool. It's highly suspect his plan and punishment will happen as he wishes.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:35   Link #64
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
I really like Lemrina a lot more after this episode. Instead of keeping being obsessed with Slaine like honestly most people expected she actually cooperated with the person she hated (Asseylum) to take action against against the man who was treating her like a tool this whole time.
For all we know Lemrina could be just play it to drive a big wedge between Asseylum and Slaine, so that she become the only option for Slaine.

Off screen, Count Mazuurek is probably trying to convince Count Barouhcruz about the fake princess story. How can he do that without any hard evidence though?
Old 2015-03-07, 15:36   Link #65
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think Inaho is going to die during the invasion of Mars...
The obvious death flags are usually the ones that don't happen.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:38   Link #66
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
For all we know Lemrina could be just play it to drive a big wedge between Asseylum and Slaine, so that she become the only option for Slaine.

Off screen, Count Mazuurek is probably trying to convince Count Barouhcruz about the fake princess story. How can he do that without any hard evidence though?
With what she did she is also driving a big wedge between Slaine and herself though.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:44   Link #67
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
I was rather put off by her coming to Asseylum's room telling her "I am you!" and threatening her, and then suddenly they're confronting Slaine together. Could we get a talk or something between scenes please! Especially since Asseylum and Lemrina have never met before.

Also, I honestly don't know what Asseylum planned to do. She tells Slaine to stop hostilities as if it's just a matter of telling these counts to do something they don't want to do and they'll do it. She didn't have the resolve to shoot him, so there's really no point in even using a gun. She really needed to be updated to the new political climate before she went around trying to give orders.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 15:44   Link #68
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Slaine does not care about what Asseylum wants or what's good for her. Get the Asseylum is a princess that needs saving idea out of your head people. The only thing he cares about is ending the conflict between the two sides and in his mind, the only way to do that is to only have one side.
Which is stupid because sooner or later that one side will become two again If not more
Old 2015-03-07, 15:46   Link #69
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Which is stupid because sooner or later that one side will become two again If not more
Well, since he doesn't plan on leading ( or even being there) for this new world, leadership responsibilities would be on Asseylum and whoever helps her. It would be her fault if a somehow united future world were to splinter again.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 15:47   Link #70
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
People keep saying this, but it's not true.

In season 1, Asseylum was trying to negotiate some kind of peace with Earth. The only reason that never worked out is because Saazbaum interfered. Even if the other counts didn't like it, they were still loyal enough to submit to her authority.

The only reason Asseylum's plan didn't work out was because of Saazbaum, and now Slaine, interfering with her, not her naivety.
yep Asseylum in his Seylum persona (reference @arya) grow up a lot, and btw she always had his free will and way to act in active way ( missions with the terrans since ep 3) and as you said the calling for the ceasefire broadcast in ep 10.

i really don't know how some fans expect after what we saw in the first cour about the Assylum/seylum chart she will react in a different manner than this when she will eventually learn Slaine's behaviour.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-07 at 15:57.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:50   Link #71
Gundamx

Quote:
Well, since he doesn't plan on leading ( or even being there) for this new world, leadership responsibilities would be on Asseylum and whoever helps her. It would be her fault if a somehow united future world were to splinter again.
So he will just make her suffer?
that how it was good for her?

or what? he will just slaughter any side that didn't agree with him?

I guess after war with Earth, he will start another war with Mars, than against noble, than against AAA, BBB, CCC....etc

All to make better world for Asseylum..... oh wait it's not
Old 2015-03-07, 15:53   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure it'd be his fault. He sets things up. If he accomplished what he set out to do all consequences would be on his shoulders, not the ones who have to clean up his mess.

And of course it's going to splinter. No matter what Asseylum does, presuming she even takes leadership the world will get splintered. It's too big with too many different points of views to remain a united front. Even that united front will have to be broken up into provinces, states, etc. As long as people want what someone else has, they are going to break out into violent conflict for it.

For all the claims in the past about Asseylum being naive, Slaine is the most naive one of all. Somehow thinking that eliminating sides will remove all conflict and that no more sides will ever be created.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:54   Link #73
monster

Quote:
I was rather put off by her coming to Asseylum's room telling her "I am you!" and threatening her, and then suddenly they're confronting Slaine together. Could we get a talk or something between scenes please! Especially since Asseylum and Lemrina have never met before.

Also, I honestly don't know what Asseylum planned to do. She tells Slaine to stop hostilities as if it's just a matter of telling these counts to do something they don't want to do and they'll do it. She didn't have the resolve to shoot him, so there's really no point in even using a gun. She really needed to be updated to the new political climate before she went around trying to give orders.
First things first, the point about using the gun was to show how serious she was. She probably never expected that she would need to use it.

Now, speaking of being put off by something, I'm still rather put off by the fact that the only one that ever openly challenges her authority is Slaine. For all the talk that this was the only way to have peace, the more sensible way that Asseylum was trying to use was never actually tried and proved unsuccessful, whether due to the Earth not wanting peace or the other counts rebelling if it were to happen.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:57   Link #74
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:

Just because the world works together to fight Slaine wont change the fact that Vers and Earth are still enemys after that morons death.
Old 2015-03-07, 15:58   Link #75
Ryuga

I like how Lemrina and Asseylum tricked Slaine, but I didn't expect him to just straight up undermine Asseylum like that. Not even a sweat, extremely cool and calculated.

Fight between the Martians and UEF was great stuff. I agree with what another poster said about the Martians attempting to mix up their tactics.

Last edited by Ryuga; 2015-03-07 at 16:16.
Old 2015-03-07, 16:00   Link #76
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
First things first, the point about using the gun was to show how serious she was. She probably never expected that she would need to use it.

Now, speaking of being put off by something, I'm still rather put off by the fact that the only one that ever openly challenges her authority is Slaine. For all the talk that this was the only way to have peace, the more sensible way that Asseylum was trying to use was never actually tried and proved unsuccessful, whether due to the Earth not wanting peace or the other counts rebelling if it were to happen.
I've always been of the opinion that you shouldn't take out a gun unless you are planning to use it. But that's me.

I never agreed with your idea that Asseylum's trip was really that sensible or would accomplish anything, but I am glad that Slaine is the first to challenge her on it. I think that it's because he doesn't consider himself part of either side anymore, and so unlike the other counts and Martians, he's not under her authority. So basically, he says what everyone else wants to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
So he will just make her suffer?
that how it was good for her?

or what? he will just slaughter any side that didn't agree with him?

I guess after war with Earth, he will start another war with Mars, than against noble, than against AAA, BBB, CCC....etc

All to make better world for Asseylum..... oh wait it's not
All I was saying that if the untied world that is going to happen in the end of this splinters in the future, (and I'm talking years here) it will be the fault of whoever rules at that point in time.

People are acting as if this thing isn't going to end with some kind of understanding or coexistence between Earth and Mars, when that is the entire point of the series. We only have 3 episodes left, people. If a united world does form, it wouldn't dissolve again. At least, not unless they want to have another season. There's just no time for it to splinter again in series.

You will have one episode gearing up to final battle, one episode for final battle, and one episode that either finishes final battle and/or does a epilogue on what happens afterwards. That's really all we have time for.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 16:03   Link #77
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it'd be his fault. He sets things up. If he accomplished what he set out to do all consequences would be on his shoulders, not the ones who have to clean up his mess.

And of course it's going to splinter. No matter what Asseylum does, presuming she even takes leadership the world will get splintered. It's too big with too many different points of views to remain a united front. Even that united front will have to be broken up into provinces, states, etc. As long as people want what someone else has, they are going to break out into violent conflict for it.

For all the claims in the past about Asseylum being naive, Slaine is the most naive one of all. Somehow thinking that eliminating sides will remove all conflict and that no more sides will ever be created.
From the words of Beyond Flamenco: "World Domination? Why would anyone want to attempt that? How would manage it? Have a % of people manage and even greater percentage of people? It's impossible."
Old 2015-03-07, 16:06   Link #78
Oboro

Quote:
I've always been of the opinion that you shouldn't take out a gun unless you are planning to use it. But that's me.

I never agreed with your idea that Asseylum's trip was really that sensible or would accomplish anything, but I am glad that Slaine is the first to challenge her on it. I think that it's because he doesn't consider himself part of either side anymore, and so unlike the other counts and Martians, he's not under her authority. So basically, he says what everyone else wants to say.
Yeah it's you i belive: you take out a gun to intimidate and show your determination, you use it to kill if you don't manage to aim well to stop w/o killing ppl, and btw i belive Asseylum expect Slaine to obey her order like the dog he always was before he go into the "villain route".

can you explain who are the "everyone" in your last sentence?
Old 2015-03-07, 16:14   Link #79
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post

can you explain who are the "everyone" in your last sentence?
Anyone of Vers that questioned her thinking or what she was doing. From what I could see of the first cour, Cruhteo and Saaz talked with each other on how foolish they thought Asseylum was being for going, but neither of them told it to her face in plain words. And if they did try to tell her, they would basically pussyfoot around it.

Slaine tells Asseylum point blank what he thinks and what his thoughts are.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-03-07, 16:20   Link #80
Oboro

Quote:
Anyone of Vers that questioned her thinking or what she was doing. From what I could see of the first cour, Cruhteo and Saaz talked with each other on how foolish they thought Asseylum was being for going, but neither of them told it to her face in plain words. And if they did try to tell her, they would basically pussyfoot around it.

Slaine tells Asseylum point blank what he thinks and what his thoughts are.
We never seen "anyone"of Vers questioning about Asseylum behaviour in this show, in the first cour she was supposed to be dead, and in the second Cour his "behaviour" was Slaine using Lemrina. I belive you speculate too much

You can talk only about Saaz the one who plan to kill Asseylum as a trigger for the event we saw, not really about Cruhteo that respect the Princess's position, and respect Slaine loyalty to Asseylum too. I belive you forgot that Cruhteo was fragged by Saaz for his loyalty to the princess when he found that she was alive.

So everyone are just Slaine, obv after the villain route he start in the last episode of the first cour, and Saaz.
Closed Thread