AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-14, 18:28   Link #61
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Slaine and Lemuria may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Now that they have declared their succession from the Vers Empire and their marriage, the Mars forces will fraction again. Some of those knights will side with the Emperor, some with Slaine, and one or two may try and be independent, but I think the majority will side with the Emperor. Whatever happens in the long run, Earth has been given a reprieve until such time as Slaine and Lemuria can consolidate power, put down/defeat Loyalist Martians, and again direct their full attention to Earth.
I think the fracturing is actually the point. Most of Vers is commoners who are getting the short end of the stick anyway. I think the idea to move back to Earth would be pretty enticing to them. And as shown in the beginning, Slaine is already getting counts on his side as well. The emperor is basically on his deathbed and so far, his only heir is deciding that it's in the best interest of all to return to Earth. Slaine will have many go against him simply because he's a Terran marrying the princess, but I actually think many will go towards his side of things. They already envy Earth, being able to live there again? I don't think it will be that hard to persuade people.

Also, if you paid attention to wording, Asseylum is only talking about places on Earth they've already conquered. I don't think they intend to take over the whole planet. There's not that many Martians anyway. If I remember right, their population isn't even higher than one million people. They really don't need that much space.

I think that Slaine is sewing the seeds of coexistence but not saying it outright since to go against the war and talk about being side by side with Terrans would lose him all the support he just gained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

Now, just to spice up a bit all of that, is it not strange that the moment lemrina turned off one by one Asseylum's life support systems then she finally awaken? I don't think that she had been kept forcibly in that state, still we have this coincidence in the way.

In any case, I'm looking forward to our returned princess. It was really time for her to show up. All considered, if they won't pull out some lame memory loss, her actions are not so predictable, so I'm very curious.
Many of the comments on other sites I have seen suspect that her being off most of her life support systems so suddenly and then having them turned back on again, was enough to jolt her body into awaking. However, shes's still on life support as if you look at the screens, Lemrina turned them all back on. So, yeah, I'm thinking too that the jolt was enough to awaken her from the coma.

As for what will happen next, Asseylum will have a very long road to recovery even after this, considering she's been out so long. Not just her mind, but her body too. Also, I'm wondering what kind of familial drama will come up when Asseylum finally meets her baby sister for the first time?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-14 at 19:22.
Old 2015-02-14, 18:46   Link #62
Wandering Soul

Look who has finally awoken. Just when it seemed like Lemeria was going to pull the plug on her. Wonder what Asseylum will think of everything going on.

Slaine is making more and more progress and he also got a new Kat to add to his arsenal. Hopefully Harklight or someone will be putting it to use. Also Slaine will now be marrying Lemeria for the sake of Vers. He is essential starting a new Vers empire which should be less corrupt.

Inaho and the others took out another knight and it was nice to see the earth forces have learned. I guess in the end Inaho already knew that Inko knew about him freeing the knight and apologizes for getting her involved. Inko at least still trusts Inaho and goes along with his decision.

Guess its going to take a couple of episodes for Marzuekk to get back, huh?
Old 2015-02-14, 18:58   Link #63
Kurohane

Slaine isn't leading a revolution of Vers as he is seizing power, with him attempting to become the next Emperor. Also, his idea is to abandon Mars and migrate back to Earth. In hindsight, that makes perfect sense, despite the obvious difficulty. The duel outcome was expected, though I wish they kept the "meaning of roses" out the entire episode.

Inaho and the others have to be shown doing something this episode, although it's a Slaine episode. We see them taking another operation to take out another Martian Kataprackt, in which they succeed. Even though Yuki was particularly in danger this time, she wasn't going to die here. The mood wasn't right for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Another exiting episode. But I have to admit the most exiting thing is that finally she is awakening!!
So, both fights were interesting even if we knew from the start about the outcome. But still each time they use Deucalion it's for the better. I want the OP scene fully animated with the Deucalion going all out!

So, things are going to be more and more interesting now that Asseylum is on her way back. On both fronts some things got a bit clarified. First of all, Yuki didn't kick the bucket. As hoped and predicted and they had a more relaxed sibling quarrel. Inko also didn't take any strange route but instead as expected went to Inaho and the argument went without saying. He did it to not involve her. Or better, both arguments. He was staring at the moon, the sole thing he can't know. Inko didn't miss it, too.
Then on Mars side something has been finally addressed, more or less. Red roses and blue roses, then Lemrina question about Slaine feelings. And finally the last blow, the marriage with the fake Asseylum. It looks like he is giving up on his feelings?

Now, just to spice up a bit all of that, is it not strange that the moment lemrina turned off one by one Asseylum's life support systems then she finally awaken? I don't think that she had been kept forcibly in that state, still we have this coincidence in the way.

In any case, I'm looking forward to our returned princess. It was really time for her to show up. All considered, if they won't pull out some lame memory loss, her actions are not so predictable, so I'm very curious.
We don't have time for memory loss; we're 3/4ths of the way in. However, how much is she going to be lied to? She's going to have to wonder how she got to moonbase, and what happened to Inaho, and the others. Also, there's only so much Slaine can keep her in the dark about. Anyway, this what we've been waiting for, including what happens from here on.
Old 2015-02-14, 19:20   Link #64
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think that Slaine is sewing the seeds of coexistence but not saying it outright since to go against the war and talk about being side by side with Terrans would lose him all the support he just gained.
Slaine marrying vers princess is like several birds with 1 stone: solidifying power among nobles, gaining legitimacy among commoners, reducing hatred to terrans (at least now you cannot openly spite on terrans if your leader is one, that's a first step), and getting his princess (well, at least he wish). Like how he educates Edel into appreciating the earth, he will have the power to educate the masses of coexistence.

But I fully expect that the world will screw his plans multiple times over.
Old 2015-02-14, 19:20   Link #65
endarion88

well actualy about seilum state..when she was shot she lost lot of blood and she was transported far away b4 having nothing more than first aid, considering this, the massive blood lost can indeed cause cerebral damage (lack of oxigen, in reality this can be way forse than just a memory lost, you can also turn in a vegetative state permanently) when this happen is not that uncommon to keep the patient under induced coma for some time (i dont know all the the reason behind this course of action but it does happen)..although 19 months are indeed way too much for this
Old 2015-02-14, 19:41   Link #66
Tchadnis

i just re-watched this , because i had to and , now when i see count Barouhcruz face and closed fist , we just know he wont sit quietly since his bud bite the dust (even though he looked for his own death), this Vers knight are no knight at all they just let their anger and hatred get the best of theme , i always thought Knight were more "pure" more noble , those are just some wanna be count and knight in name that its ..
Old 2015-02-14, 19:43   Link #67
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
i just re-watched this , because i had to and , now when i see count Barouhcruz face and closed fist , we just know he wont sit quietly since his bud bite the dust (even though he looked for his own death), this Vers knight are no knight at all they just let their anger and hatred get the best of theme , i always thought Knight were more "pure" more noble , those are just some wanna be count and knight in name that its ..
you have to consider than a good portion of this war reason is also racism so you can't expect much nobility here..we are talking of "just a lowly terran" here..
Old 2015-02-14, 19:48   Link #68
AverageFan

Finally we learn the names of one knight from season 1. So Seinakis is defeated and that was half the episode. Which was kind of waste because we know he was going to be taken down. On the other hand it was a great fight and did so of Inaho being a time player some what.

Seinakis defeat makes me thing back to Femineanne. I want to know what happen to her castle.

The whole creating a new kingdom on earth. It should odd. But maybe it much more piratical from them to start a new one then try to change the old one. I kind of want to see the start of this. However the biggest problem is that the other nobles may not want to start another country since they have their own estates.

It that duel I kind of wanted Slaine to let Mary live for some reason.

And welcome back sleeping beauty.
Old 2015-02-14, 20:30   Link #69
endarion88

just random question, anyone else played nemuri hime song on that scene or i was the only one soo much into it? XD
Old 2015-02-14, 20:38   Link #70
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I do still wonder if Inaho is really going to just win every battle without ever getting a powerful suit of his own.
Inaho didn't really fight any battles in this episode, per se.

He acted as a Forward Observer but equal credit has to go to the FDC on board the Deucalion. In fact, the final salvo which took pout the Cataphract was due to Captain Magdebredge's final fire command; she saw the tracers/ flares, realized that was an adjustment message after comms went down, and gave a SWAG to the gun captains in the turrets. (Or maybe the Fire Direction Center, but I think it went right to the guns). What a Red Leg she would have made!

I really liked how they showed time of flight on the very first salvo. The Captain gave the fire command and Inaho counted down to splash. Well done!
Old 2015-02-14, 20:39   Link #71
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
well actualy about seilum state..when she was shot she lost lot of blood and she was transported far away b4 having nothing more than first aid, considering this, the massive blood lost can indeed cause cerebral damage (lack of oxigen, in reality this can be way forse than just a memory lost, you can also turn in a vegetative state permanently) when this happen is not that uncommon to keep the patient under induced coma for some time (i dont know all the the reason behind this course of action but it does happen)..although 19 months are indeed way too much for this
lesson people never learn . Do not apply real life logic to Anime , remember Inaho ?
Old 2015-02-14, 20:42   Link #72
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsunafseiei View Post
lesson people never learn . Do not apply real life logic to Anime , remember Inaho ?
it was for the discussion about if she was purposedly kept in coma or not..some tecnical fact/trivia
Old 2015-02-14, 21:31   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Inaho didn't really fight any battles in this episode, per se.

He acted as a Forward Observer but equal credit has to go to the FDC on board the Deucalion. In fact, the final salvo which took pout the Cataphract was due to Captain Magdebredge's final fire command; she saw the tracers/ flares, realized that was an adjustment message after comms went down, and gave a SWAG to the gun captains in the turrets. (Or maybe the Fire Direction Center, but I think it went right to the guns). What a Red Leg she would have made!

I really liked how they showed time of flight on the very first salvo. The Captain gave the fire command and Inaho counted down to splash. Well done!
Not that I disagree with the point....but does that relate at all to what I said? Considering the side he's on won the battle...he won the battle.
Old 2015-02-14, 21:34   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
it was for the discussion about if she was purposedly kept in coma or not..some tecnical fact/trivia
I don't think she was purposefully being kept in a coma, Slaine was hoping for a miracle for Asseylum to awake and practically gave up hope. If he really wanted her to stay that way, he would have continually made excuses to himself and Eddelrittuo about how she's "better this way" and that she should stay asleep. However, instead, even to himself, he's hoping she awakens. Also, if it was the systems that were keeping her from waking, Lemrina turning them back on would have put her back to sleep. Instead, she awoke.

I think she was just in a natural coma because of all of her injuries and the fact that it took her so long to get from Russia to the moon base, even at the fastest Tharsis could go.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-14 at 21:55.
Old 2015-02-14, 21:42   Link #75
nooneagain

oh so slaine's going to marry the fake Asseylum, but if the vers learnt that she's a fake, that means the marriage is invalid..... I hope so...
*captain obvious*

damn so Inaho can see the moon now, wow.
Despite me being an Inaho fan, I wanted to see more than just an episode of wrecking martians on the earth side, like a plot twist or something...but that scene with inko is a bit refreshing and I'm seeing Inaho smile a bit more often than in the first cour.

Last edited by nooneagain; 2015-02-14 at 21:59.
Old 2015-02-14, 21:50   Link #76
Kurohane

Not to mention they were traveling at high speed, in a tight space. Anyway, we're glad she finally woke up, but (and I'm not the first to say this) can she really do anything at this point? It's obvious she can't take back all that her double has said. No one involved will allow it either, and it won't stop the fighting. Her best chance is to get back to the Deucallion, but she needs very loyal allies for that, which I'm afraid the tiny maid doesn't suffice alone.

She can be forced to go along with this arranged marriage. That involves getting Lemrina out of the way. Leaving Inaho to bust in a "speak now or forever hold your peace" manner, but I doubt this show will be that cheesy.
Old 2015-02-14, 22:08   Link #77
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It finally struck me why Herschel looks so familiar.
Anyone agree it looks like a fusion between Omega Id and Omega Res Nova?
Old 2015-02-14, 22:15   Link #78
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
oh so slaine's going to marry the fake Asseylum, but if the vers learnt that she's a fake, that means the marriage is invalid..... I hope so...
*captain obvious*

damn so Inaho can see the moon now, wow.
The marriage would be invalid in any case. Lemrina is marrying him under a false name, and the woman with that name didn't give her consent. This marriage could easily be annulled. It's completely under fraudulent circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Not to mention they were traveling at high speed, in a tight space. Anyway, we're glad she finally woke up, but (and I'm not the first to say this) can she really do anything at this point? It's obvious she can't take back all that her double has said. No one involved will allow it either, and it won't stop the fighting. Her best chance is to get back to the Deucallion, but she needs very loyal allies for that, which I'm afraid the tiny maid doesn't suffice alone.

She can be forced to go along with this arranged marriage. That involves getting Lemrina out of the way. Leaving Inaho to bust in a "speak now or forever hold your peace" manner, but I doubt this show will be that cheesy.
But what would she do with the Deucalion? Sure they fight knights one at a time, but that's like hitting one locust at a time out of a swarm. She would probably do much more good with her people and at least keeping her fingers to the pulse of the situation. Vers is really where all the action in the plot is at this season. Even Inaho is standing around watching trying to see what Slaine is going to do. All the movement is on the Vers side. Asseylum might as well stay.

As for the marriage, I think that Slaine is just using it as much as he needs to in order to become a royal. Marriage is the only way to do that, and as far as Vers is concerned, there are only two royals, the Emperor and Asseylum. He obviously isn't going to marry or be adopted by the Emperor, so marriage to "Asseylum" is the only other option. However, I think that once everything has been accomplished, or if he no longer needs the facade, he will drop the act.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-14, 22:19   Link #79
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

aaah this is getting very exciting!

Inaho's battles were never that exciting in the first place anyway since we all know he'll win at some point, but this episode did a good job of making me expect that slaine is going to die.

Everyone can die in this series after all, (except those who were explicitly shown to have been shot in their vital body parts at close range )

and that bird inside the cage has woken up, i was half expecting her first words to be inaho but lol maybe next episode.
Old 2015-02-14, 22:27   Link #80
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This is turning into Slaine and Inaho show...
Closed Thread