AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-05, 06:38   Link #61
n0m@n
C-Z

I need to keep my eyes on this. The word Mecha is enough to get me interested.
Old 2014-08-05, 07:24   Link #62
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's fine. it also happen in Kill la Kill and its still ended enjoyable though its only one of the SELECT FEW.
The extremely-revealing costume in Kill la Kill works because that show aims to be silly (but also over-the-top, epic and earnest). Even the MC notices how outrageous her "mahou-shoujo" outfit is and embarassed because of it. Also, if you've watched the entirety of Kill la Kill, there's actually an in-story explanation of why the suit needs to reveal so much skin of its wearer (which I won't mentioned here due to spoilers, but you should know).

Now, I don't know exactly how Cross Ange will present itself, but from the synopsis & PV, there's a strong hint that the show will play things straight as a ruler. Thus, I assume it will be a relatively serious show, which makes that silly pilot-suit stands out even more like a sore thumb. If I'm wrong and the show turns out to be self-consciously silly like Kill la Kill, I'll happily take back what I said.
Old 2014-08-05, 07:33   Link #63
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The extremely-revealing costume in Kill la Kill works because that show aims to be silly (but also over-the-top, epic and earnest). Even the MC notices how outrageous her "mahou-shoujo" outfit is and embarassed because of it. Also, if you've watched the entirety of Kill la Kill, there's actually an in-story explanation of why the suit needs to reveal so much skin of its wearer (which I won't mentioned here due to spoilers, but you should know).

Now, I don't know exactly how Cross Ange will present itself, but from the synopsis & PV, there's a strong hint that the show will play things straight as a ruler. Thus, I assume it will be a relatively serious show, which makes that silly pilot-suit stands out even more like a sore thumb. If I'm wrong and the show turns out to be self-consciously silly like Kill la Kill, I'll happily take back what I said.
its fanservice all girl show for otaku.
not for me though...
Old 2014-08-05, 09:09   Link #64
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
OMG! Why would you do that? Are you a masochist?
Masochist? I usually find pleasure in those movies unlike most people.
Old 2014-08-05, 10:04   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
its fanservice all girl show for otaku.
not for me though...
A "fanservice all-girl show" does not excuse tastless fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Masochist? I usually find pleasure in those movies unlike most people.
Then you are a masochist. You finds pleasure in something terrible.

PS: I have all three Asylum's "MegaShark" movies right here in my drive just to remind me and to show my friends how unbelievably bad those movies are .
Old 2014-08-05, 10:28   Link #66
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
Sooo, is this gonna be this year's Valvrave The Liberator?
That would be great, Valvrave was one the best comedy ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
is there any reason why it look really similar with Super Robot Wars:OG ?
From the poster image, I thought the main character looked bit like Excellen. But the main looks more like Stella.

So Fukuda+Freedom+Stella... could be good or be absolute turd.
Old 2014-08-05, 11:53   Link #67
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Sorry for being off-topic, but he's good at voice acting only. Other than voice acting (and singing), Koyasu as an author is very bad. Again, it's my personal taste.

Anyways, I wonder if Mitsuo Fukuda would insert some flashbacks this time around, or regain his reputation with this anime series.
Are you talking about Weiss Kreusz with Takehito Koyasu just out of curiosity? I'm pretty sure that was mainly meant to be a vehicle for him and his Weiss seiyuu group. Also Mitsuo Fukuda is just the creative producer, not the director. He doesn't get to make those calls which go primarily to the director. He can insist on certain ideas (and there's some interest groups involved in this to be sure, mainly King Records) to focus on and assign teams and funding but that's about it. The actual cuts of the show and that are decided by a tandem of the director and his or her storyboard team.

I think there's a little confusion here since he was the well known and loathed director of the Gundam Seed franchise, but his position within the company has obviously since changed. The actual director assigned to this is Yoshiharu Ashino who made the jump from freelance storyboarder which is a fairly logical move. Personally I think creative producer is a good position for someone like Fukuda as long as he doesn't give into nepotism again. He obviously knows how to put on a successful show and come out with ideas that will appeal to viewers, just his attention to detail as an actual director is sorely lacking. What remains to be seen is if time has passed him by since a whole lot has changed trend wise since the early 2000's when he made his name for better or worse.
Old 2014-08-05, 15:56   Link #68
wm4

I just wish Fukada did choose staffs, whoever they are I don't really care, be loyal to him,
so their production will be less likely falling apart.
Old 2014-08-05, 16:12   Link #69
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
That would be great, Valvrave was one the best comedy ever.

From the poster image, I thought the main character looked bit like Excellen. But the main looks more like Stella.

So Fukuda+Freedom+Stella... could be good or be absolute turd.
vulvarape isnt even funny to me, its horrible... dunno why so many people like it
whats that anime girl-mecha? (is it mecha? -_- ) red-girl operation or something? this probably gonna be worse than that...
Old 2014-08-05, 17:10   Link #70
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
vulvarape isnt even funny to me, its horrible... dunno why so many people like it
whats that anime girl-mecha? (is it mecha? -_- ) red-girl operation or something? this probably gonna be worse than that...
I think you mean Vivid Red Operation, sir.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-08-05, 20:12   Link #71
shadow1296

so this anime mech's that look like a knight version of the freedom which i will now call Knight Freedom, dragons, a probable semi-serious story, a mostly girl cast, and elements of symphogear, okay i'll give this a shot
Old 2014-08-05, 20:55   Link #72
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
PV
So, this is japan's Pacific Rim... sure why not.

Was I the only one who noticed the big breasted hood ornament on the mechas head?

Si who else was reminded of Dtagon's Dogma when they saw the dragons appearing from the portal?

So a mecha with an all female cast in skimpy battle suits fighting dragons... I'll give this a try.

So many mecha animes, I seriously want a second season for Majestic Prince, Valverape the penetrator can dissapear from existence for all I care.
Old 2014-08-05, 20:58   Link #73
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I mention kill la kill because people didn't think the costume would turn into that. People who are waiting for it had seen an pv illustration but when the actual illustration was shown. it was really over the top fan service and just like you said its made to be that way.

But I gave that an example because its one of the FEW I can tolerate on stupid fan service.

I'll give this series a chance because I'm here for the mecha show and dragons. The girls in revealing uniform is just a plus or negative(for me )
Old 2014-08-05, 21:44   Link #74
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The girls in revealing uniform is just a plus or negative(for me )
Its a negative for me too, too bad since the story looks interesting
A generic looking uniform is better than this..
Old 2014-08-06, 02:12   Link #75
n0m@n
C-Z

Speaking of Valrape, one of the scene in the PV made me think that the heroine of this girl got raped or something after losing her popularity/title.

I mean, it says its a story about the imperial princess who lost everything on the PV.
And in her character page in the official page, it says;

Quote:
Ange

She was loved by the people as "Angelise", the the first imperial princess of the Misurugi Empire, but she had her name and title when it was found out that she was a "nouma". She gets demoted as a mere soldier with the name "Ange". She has high pride since she was raised as a princess and is hard-headed. At the base, she clashes with those around her for every little thing.
Looks like she won't be getting along with other girls judging from what I read about the other girl's description. Hmm, maybe someone like Sarah from "Soukou no Strain"?
Old 2014-08-06, 02:35   Link #76
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
All about the perspective man. If you saw Valvrave with serious outlook, it is a terrible anime. By looking at it as a comedy, it becomes one of the best anime ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
What happened to the good old days of tight pilot suits? Those can look sexy and plausible.
Old 2014-08-06, 03:40   Link #77
tsunade666

Quote:
What happened to the good old days of tight pilot suits? Those can look sexy and plausible.
Eva and Muv luv's sweet tight pilot suits. Done good without skin exposition but still sexy
Old 2014-08-06, 14:37   Link #78
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
By looking at it as a comedy, it becomes one of the best anime ever.
That sounds like one twisted sense of humor to find anything from the worst anime of all time "funny".
Old 2014-08-06, 14:41   Link #79
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
All about the perspective man. If you saw Valvrave with serious outlook, it is a terrible anime. By looking at it as a comedy, it becomes one of the best anime ever.

aku no hana is crap and the crapiness made it funny
vulvarape is just crap and not even funny
Old 2014-08-07, 20:53   Link #80
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
So far the uniform is a negative for me too so far but I am sorta assuming this is gonna be a somewhat serious series. If this series is trying to fun and silly then that uniform makes a lot more sense.