AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-02, 16:33   Link #61
BPD Renegade

Spoiler for long-ass quote:

I don't think Earth's going to be completely on the white side for long, though. Especially with shows like this, something had to have happened that began the animosity. I don't believe that the discovery of Aldnoah alone was enough to put the Vers citizens on their high horses. Maybe whatever it was won't justify their actions, but it might explain the reason for them.
Old 2014-08-02, 19:45   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Spoiler for long-ass quote:

I don't think Earth's going to be completely on the white side for long, though. Especially with shows like this, something had to have happened that began the animosity. I don't believe that the discovery of Aldnoah alone was enough to put the Vers citizens on their high horses. Maybe whatever it was won't justify their actions, but it might explain the reason for them.
That is true, there usually is some grey area somewhere in there. However, as of right now, I just can't see the Earth as anything but the victims right now. Almost every Martian we've met other than the princess doesn't seem to care about the millions of Terrans who are dying out there. And even when they are announcing armistice, they still have to make insults to the Terrans, who are the ones dying in all of this. They just seem like jerks who found uber-powerful toys.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-02, 21:46   Link #63
Irenesharda

I'll put this here as well for the sake of speculation.

Here's a picture for a little bit of conversation:

Images
Destroyed Argyre
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Is it just me, or does this thing look like it has teeth? Am I looking at it too hard?

Are we in for another Urobutcher style twist regarding these mechs?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-08-02 at 21:59. Reason: Please use the new image tags instead of the old spoiler tag for images.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:01   Link #64
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

Images
Destroyed Argyre

Is it just me, or does this thing look like it has teeth? Am I looking at it too hard?

Nah, that looks like teeth to me. EVA did it before this one.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:23   Link #65
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, that looks like teeth to me. EVA did it before this one.
It's just that I remember there being a really early clue like this in Gargantia with the space squid. And this isn't a silly mecha series like Captain Earth where they have teeth because its "cool". So, I'm just wondering if there is more to the Martian kataphrackts then we think.

Oh, and I'm never actually watched EVA (shocking, I know ), so I don't really get that reference.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-02, 22:24   Link #66
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Images
Destroyed Argyre

It's not just you those definitely look like teeth. This may be connected to how they repair their mechs by putting it into that special water. We still don't know the true nature if Aldnoah so we could be in for a twist.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:41   Link #67
gunner56

Though this should probably be in a different thread, but I guess this counts as a speculation:

I do not know if this was noticed by anybody else or somewhere in this topic, but those two children watching the shooting stars near the end of EP1, could they be Inaho and Yuki, since the two are siblings and it was stated this happened in 2005, nine years before the series? I just wanted to say this.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:54   Link #68
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
Though this should probably be in a different thread, but I guess this counts as a speculation:

I do not know if this was noticed by anybody else or somewhere in this topic, but those two children watching the shooting stars near the end of EP1, could they be Inaho and Yuki, since the two are siblings and it was stated this happened in 2005, nine years before the series? I just wanted to say this.
No, all the events in episode one other than the flashbacks, happened in present day. The little boy and girl at the end are just random children that were watching the "shooting stars" that are actually the falling landing castles of the Orbital Knights.

I think what has you confused was the timestamp of 2005 CDT. That wasn't a year, it was a time, global time. In this case, 20:05 CDT, which is really just 8:05 pm Central Daylight Time. So, everything in New Orleans was happening in 2014, at around 8pm.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-02, 23:04   Link #69
BPD Renegade

Quote:

Images
Destroyed Argyre

Not just you. It looks like some sort of sick, distorted skull. I'm getting creeped out looking at this thing too long...
Old 2014-08-02, 23:29   Link #70
gunner56

Yaaa~, how embarrassing. I merely went to the scene, saw the number "2005," saw two siblings, then subtracted nine years. Now that I re-watched it, I perfectly understood how weird I may have sounded. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:38   Link #71
Thess

Spoiler for title of episode 6:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-03, 11:52   Link #72
Arya

I was wondering, as I said in the current episode thread, Count Tannenbaum demonstrated how smart he is outsmarting Slaine (and basically making Slaine unwillingly the cause of the war resume, without his report probably the emperor could have waited a bit more, but yeah, he used him).
He recovered the Nilokeras from the sea. And I remember that someone said as Slaine has been featured with the Nilokeras, like he will pilot it sooner or later.
Add to this that Slaine's secret has been discovered, now he has no place to go.
If Tannenbaum is really that smart the best way to use Slaine (try to use him) would be to implant a tracing system into the Nilokeras, accepting his demand, or persuading Crutheo to, and letting him go to the battle front with the Nilokeras.
In this way the moment Slaine will defect to join the princess he could easily track them down. I mean, I bet it's not a secret on Mars that Slaine adores the princess so it would be the best action to maximize the outcome, instead of "just" killing a spy. Justifying, plot wise, why they will let him live.
That could also lead to some misunderstandings between him and the princess the moment they will get attacked by the VERS. Well, the princess probably not, she trusts him, and accordingly so Inaho. But what about Rayet? I don't think she would let this little detail just go.

On a different topic, I noted how as much as Slaine is the foil of Inaho, also the princess first meetings respected this set up, both of them went in the exact opposite way, at the extremes. She "kissed" Slaine and grounded Inaho. So, both are meetings with physical contact, but at the exact opposite extremes of the range. As much as her position on the chessboard, the queen in the former case and less than a pawn in the latter.
As much as her position in their regard. The princess is now in the place of Slaine, who watched her without having any power, now the princess is watching Inaho having herself no power (for now) and being hated for being a Martian. I can suppose as the princess protected Slaine (given his status) in a similar way as Inaho is protecting her now. I like the way they are trying to portray the princess duality so far. I'm looking forward for the moment it will clash against itself.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-03, 11:55   Link #73
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Spoiler for title of episode 6:
I would actually love to see that kind of development, just so they can mess with shippers and have them say "Yeah, no that'll never happen" at the end of it. Sunrise and their clichés are what makes their shows more of a comedy nowadays than anything else.

Here's hoping there's some actual characterization for Earth's forces (Martian would be nice too) since we've had next to none so far. The most interesting character so far has been Marito, and that's only because he has PTSD and we've been denied seeing the actual trauma.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2014-08-03, 13:14   Link #74
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
I would actually love to see that kind of development, just so they can mess with shippers and have them say "Yeah, no that'll never happen" at the end of it. Sunrise and their clichés are what makes their shows more of a comedy nowadays than anything else.

Here's hoping there's some actual characterization for Earth's forces (Martian would be nice too) since we've had next to none so far. The most interesting character so far has been Marito, and that's only because he has PTSD and we've been denied seeing the actual trauma.
Oh, I'm pretty sure he'll end up stranded somewhere with one of the girls at some point in this series, probably so that we can get a full blown expose on his past, I just can't see them getting lost from the carrier when they're only like 200m away from it.

Marito would be nice to see next since we keep getting flashbacks of that one scene. Slaine will probably have the most interesting story after that. Inaho brings up the rear because beyond how genius he looks on the battlefield, they haven't really given us anything in the show for him yet. Mars guys I suppose they'll probably get around to doing something with the re-occuring guys who aren't slated to be killed after a few episodes, but I'm not sure what they can do with them at this point except give us more insight about their exact stance on the whole thing and the politics they're managing in regards to the princess' assassination.
Old 2014-08-03, 15:10   Link #75
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
On a different topic, I noted how as much as Slaine is the foil of Inaho, also the princess first meetings respected this set up, both of them went in the exact opposite way, at the extremes. She "kissed" Slaine and grounded Inaho. So, both are meetings with physical contact, but at the exact opposite extremes of the range. As much as her position on the chessboard, the queen in the former case and less than a pawn in the latter.
Don't you mean that Inaho's meeting with Eddelrittuo and Asseylum was portrayed as more of a coincidence. Meanwhile Slaine's meeting with Asseylum was overblown in fateful-mysticism? I wonder why so many forget she wasn't alone when she met Inaho.

Inaho's meeting was played as extremely impersonal and speaking of the war situation in general. The way it was angled, the ost used was more of suspense built, for instance. It was a "let's move the plot along" vibe, even in when it happened (second episode, not even opening with it). As contrast, her meeting with Slaine was about their characters and their connection as highlight rather than move the plot along and the ost used was to portrayed a softer emotion. So in that sense, it is the opposite, not just the circumstances, but the atmosphere and the intention.

One meeting seems to be related to the plot of the story. Another is more about the characters in question, IMO.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-08-03, 15:17   Link #76
Death Usagi
Banned

Slaine is definitely going to defect to go to his princess and be her knight.

But this is Urobutcher we are talking about, so I am sure there will be some massive harsh tragedy coming up soon.

Another thing I find weird is that Inaho is kind of emotionless and doesn't really react to the fact he has killed someone (Most protagonist who killed someone for the first time goes massive emotional over it like puking and such), that I think it might be because his parents are dead.
Old 2014-08-03, 17:07   Link #77
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Don't you mean that Inaho's meeting with Eddelrittuo and Asseylum was portrayed as more of a coincidence. Meanwhile Slaine's meeting with Asseylum was overblown in fateful-mysticism? I wonder why so many forget she wasn't alone when she met Inaho.

Inaho's meeting was played as extremely impersonal and speaking of the war situation in general. The way it was angled, the ost used was more of suspense built, for instance. It was a "let's move the plot along" vibe, even in when it happened (second episode, not even opening with it). As contrast, her meeting with Slaine was about their characters and their connection as highlight rather than move the plot along and the ost used was to portrayed a softer emotion. So in that sense, it is the opposite, not just the circumstances, but the atmosphere and the intention.

One meeting seems to be related to the plot of the story. Another is more about the characters in question, IMO.
Well, that's still fit with my reasoning, it fits even more. And it fits the characters that got involved with the princess. But even the position of the princess also hadn't been the same but at the exact opposite. She was a princess living like a sort of goddess when met with Slaine. She instead was a fugitive who just escaped from an attempted murder and lost in a sudden war in an unknown city of an unknown planet. Basically, as I said, she ended in the Slaine position having Inaho as her princess. But following this reversed pattern they met in the most impersonal way. I could go further hard guessing that the first encounter represents in a meta way Slaine and his character and the second instead represents Inaho. But they doesn't really tell much about the princess.
From what I can tell, you find the kiss moment something mystical and I can get that, somehow. From my point of view, considering Asseylum position and age I find much more influential for her, due to her circumstances, the second encounter. Let alone that in the first one she saved and in the second she got saved. But my point is not to convince you about that, but that there is a duality that the show is trying to portray. Duality that has been handling from the meta extremes, Slaine and Inaho, but that will clash at the center of it, center that is Asseylum. Add to this that they took the time to change even her aspect to underline it.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-08-03, 17:18   Link #78
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
While I see Arya's duality point, I also think the anime has, thus far, done more to support Slaine-Asseylum than Inaho-Asseylum. I mean, that mouth-clearing kiss was really something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post

Another thing I find weird is that Inaho is kind of emotionless and doesn't really react to the fact he has killed someone (Most protagonist who killed someone for the first time goes massive emotional over it like puking and such), that I think it might be because his parents are dead.
I agree with you on Inaho's lack of emotion in general, but his lack of reaction over his kill(s) so far is understandable to me (I write kill(s) because Inaho probably thinks he killed two Martian Knights, when really he probably killed only one).

Given how the Martian Knights have been portrayed so far I can understand a "terran" not feeling very conflicted over killing one or more of them.
Old 2014-08-03, 17:33   Link #79
Death Usagi
Banned

And considering Slaine was the one who killed Trillram, I am sure this is going to get blown and considering Slaine was seen by Saazbaum as someone who is trying to get in their cause of war, I am pretty sure Slaine can't stay with Vers any further. He will definitely go to his princess :x
Old 2014-08-03, 17:51   Link #80
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
While I see Arya's duality point, I also think the anime has, thus far, done more to support Slaine-Asseylum than Inaho-Asseylum. I mean, that mouth-clearing kiss was really something else.
Yep, I can't deny it The only mild objection I could raise is that it's due to the settings, Asseylum hasn't have any interaction with Slaine for a while now, due to their circumstances. So they had to go that far. From a storytelling point of view.

Closed Thread