AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-06, 23:40   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Mayu Sakuma the yandere vibes chick is voiced by Yui Makino she kind of disappeared from voice acting seems like ages past since Tsubasa Chronicles. but she has Piano Education released few CDs on her own.
0___0. God Damn. Didn't except to see her her here. And I won't say she disappeared totally. She had at least one main role in the series lately(although most of people ignored C3-bu) plus bunch of secondary ones or main ones in short series(like Houkago no Pleades or upcoming Francesca)
Old 2014-04-06, 23:59   Link #62
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The Legions of Ranko will run the streets red.

That said, I never understood how CG even got off the ground. It is so different from iM@S games, there's no music bundled in the game, just loads and loads of cool looking cards. Instead, the music and the personalities are all bundled off to "spin-off" media like CD singles, a manga and a radio show that came after.
That's called diversification, trying a bunch of different media at the time to make your merchandise better known. Pretty much the same thing the first Im@s did to a degree, or have you not looked at all the different manga they got?

Quote:
And then, there are the voices. In effect, CG has effectively a standalone cast, with none of the original voices really taking center stage. Million Live on the other hand has the veterans return with an expanded cast.
This is actually kind of a problem, since the newcomers would stand no chance in popularity against the veterans. Speaking of, ML still doesn't have a manga, while CG has had at least two, and a bunch of anthologies.

Quote:
If it succeeds, and I hope it does, it will be because of the strength of the voices and the individual characters rather than how "ridiculously popular" CG the game was.
Pretty much, yeah. Luckily, CG has more personalities and quirks than even kancolle. Hell, one of the girls is a blind blonde foreigner.
Old 2014-04-07, 00:08   Link #63
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Luckily, CG has more personalities and quirks than even kancolle. Hell, one of the girls is a blind blonde foreigner.
That's why I'm so interested in who's going to appear in the show. We know from the PV that most of the Master girls will, but who knows? We don't even know the length of the episodes or even how many there will be.

CG definitely has a diverse range of colorful characters. You can go from hauntingly beautiful dark-skin blonde Layla to the quirky and nerdy Yuriko Ohnishi to ninja girl Ayame Hamaguchi to charming wine connoisseur Shino Hiiragi to a girl who might be Santa Claus. Some are definitely more unique than others, but there is still a wide range of unique characters to chose from, no doubt.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-07, 00:22   Link #64
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
That's why I'm so interested in who's going to appear in the show. We know from the PV that most of the Master girls will, but who knows? We don't even know the length of the episodes or even how many there will be.
Now I'm fearful it will be the short episodes kind of series, like puchimasu. I mean, that works for the puchis, but I think CG has potential for more than that. Just imagine every episode being as crazy as Asuza's episode in the anime.

Quote:
CG definitely has a diverse range of colorful characters. You can go from hauntingly beautiful dark-skin blonde Layla to the quirky and nerdy Yuriko Ohnishi to ninja girl Ayame Hamaguchi to charming wine connoisseur Shino Hiiragi to a girl who might be Santa Claus. Some are definitely more unique than others, but there is still a wide range of unique characters to chose from, no doubt.
Yup, it should be a hard choice, though I believe the more known girls still have more than enough personality to make it fun, but some crazy wouldn't hurt, and I'm not just talking about the Mayu kind of crazy (though that would be awesome too).

AH! Can't believe I didn't mention Koume already!
Old 2014-04-07, 00:38   Link #65
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Yup, it should be a hard choice, though I believe the more known girls still have more than enough personality to make it fun, but some crazy wouldn't hurt, and I'm not just talking about the Mayu kind of crazy (though that would be awesome too).

AH! Can't believe I didn't mention Koume already!
Koume is awesome. I want "Story Time with Koume" to be a reoccurring segment.

I wish I could cut down my list of idols that I want to appear outside the Master girls but it's so hard to do. I have a handful of interesting personalities and a few fanservice ladies I'd be more than happy to see. Of course, if the fanservice idols did appear then I hope that they give them some development to flesh them out. There are some that I think are cute but would also be interesting if played right, like Fumika Sagisawa who is rather cute with glasses and extremely shy but becomes confident on stage, only to revert back to being shy after the performance.

I could see Shino being a drinking buddy of Kaede, the New Wave trio being the rivals of Rin, Nao and Karen, Yukimi Sajou following Koume around, Nono Morikubo and Hotaru Shiragiku hiding under desks, uh...I have a lot of free time.

I hate waiting. At least we'll get the first image of idols in May. Aw crud, I just remembered that I'm not sure it specified exactly when in May they'd release some info. Sigh...

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-04-07, 00:41   Link #66
tsunade666

any idolmaster is something I would love to watch again.
Old 2014-04-07, 00:49   Link #67
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Koume is awesome. I want "Story Time with Koume" to be a reoccurring segment.

I wish I could cut down my list of idols that I want to appear outside the Master girls but it's so hard to do. I have a handful of interesting personalities and a few fanservice ladies I'd be more than happy to see. Of course, if the fanservice idols did appear then I hope that they give them some development to flesh them out. There are some that I think are cute but would also be interesting if played right, like Fumika Sagisawa who is rather cute with glasses and extremely shy but becomes confident on stage, only to revert back to being shy after the performance.
Oh, so that's Fumika's thing. Yeah, I can see that being fun.

Careful, you don't want to end up with nothing but service. Besides, Airi is more than enough to fill the service quota on her own.

Quote:
I could see Shino being a drinking buddy of Kaede, the New Wave trio being the rivals of Rin, Nao and Karen, Yukimi Sajou following Koume around, Nono Morikubo and Hotaru Shiragiku hiding under desks, uh...I have a lot of free time.
It's ok, I know that feel. Now I'm thinking of Momoka messing with Mika by the way of lewdness.
Old 2014-04-07, 01:00   Link #68
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Careful, you don't want to end up with nothing but service.
I know. That's part of why it's so hard to reduce my list. Most of the girls don't have much data for me to go off so it's hard to pin down their personality.

There are some that I think could be both fanservice and interesting, like...uh...oh geez, who was the gambler one? The one who is a professional card shark? She's good looking and a fun loving girl with an interesting talent. I could see her trying to trick Yuko (the "psychic"/magician girl) with some sleight of hand, only to be outclassed.

Makino Yagami is also pretty attractive and is a spy. That in itself makes her more mysterious, like who does she work for? Another idol company? Apparently she researches the other idols in CG and finds a file that somebody's been keeping on her and it freaks her out. It would be funny to see her go up against amateur sleuth Miyako Anzai.

Oops, almost forgot. Fumika becomes more confident on stage after her development in game so if she did actually appear it would have to include character development to not come off as weird OR just have her like that from the get go. ARGH BALANCE

Old 2014-04-07, 06:20   Link #69
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

o__O

...so much NO.
Old 2014-04-07, 06:27   Link #70
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
o__O

...so much NO.
She's...definitely...uh...unique. Not one of the CGirls I would have chosen, but apparently she was popular enough to get a Master release. Huh.

I wonder how far they'll take the Cinderella Master series? I guess it all depends on whether any other idols become popular enough.

Last edited by ZodiacBeast; 2014-04-07 at 06:39.
Old 2014-04-07, 06:30   Link #71
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
o__O

...so much NO.
I've actually been rather curious to see what's going to come out of this. It's at least... unique?
Old 2014-04-07, 06:47   Link #72
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

I would have rather had somebody like Layla since she's mysterious and I'm curious to see if her voice matches her appearance, or Hijiri Mochizuki since she's supposed to have a beautiful voice. Takumi Mukai would have been interesting as well, due to her (most likely) deep and husky voice.

Actually there are a lot more idols I would have taken over Syoko. I've been browsing through some of the manga and her character isn't that compelling or enjoyable just because she's insane. She's just there...and crazy.

Old 2014-04-07, 07:49   Link #73
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
o__O

...so much NO.
lololololollo
Old 2014-04-07, 10:21   Link #74
Candyshark

And that is why I find CG not as compeling to me as ML girls just a huge conglamiration of quirks and wierd.

Memes are getting tiring very fast, IMS won me over with relationships between girls. Iori and Yayoi friendship, HarukaxChihaya support for each other, twins freedom and Ritsukos strickness.

So yeah I take ordinary girls anyday as long they are closer embedded in real life.

I don't know if Imas is Bandai big seller but they need to make plenty of promotion to form a worthy hier to original cast. Some of voice actresses are closing in on 40s so they don't have much time left. So throw out a horde of all fetish combos might be a good stragedy but kind feels very generic and very little in spirit of original.
Old 2014-04-07, 12:31   Link #75
Birdway
Banned

That is a subjective view about original.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:36   Link #76
outlaw97

First off, wow, I am surprised this thread exploded since the time I posted on Sunday - I'll try to keep the top post updated?

Also, related to my surprise, how is everybody here familiar with Cinderella Girls? The original Idolmaster series is relatively accessible, between games being available on console and an anime series. Accessibility for Cinderella Girls is a lot harder, since Mobage is limited to Japanese smartphones. Does everyone just read the wiki?

Here's some follow-up info, regarding a few more CDs to be released at the end of the month. I see Shouko Hoshi's cover has already been posted here (LOL drastic change in personality, possibly linked to the hobby of mushrooms).
Old 2014-04-07, 18:50   Link #77
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

wiki4lyfe

no imas, no life
Old 2014-04-07, 19:00   Link #78
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
First off, wow, I am surprised this thread exploded since the time I posted on Sunday - I'll try to keep the top post updated?

Also, related to my surprise, how is everybody here familiar with Cinderella Girls? The original Idolmaster series is relatively accessible, between games being available on console and an anime series. Accessibility for Cinderella Girls is a lot harder, since Mobage is limited to Japanese smartphones. Does everyone just read the wiki?
I mostly check the cards online, along with manga and doujins. Kind of the same way I found the original im@s, but with less cards and more manga.
Old 2014-04-07, 19:05   Link #79
Birdway
Banned

The mangas, the cards and then the audio cd.
Old 2014-04-07, 19:07   Link #80
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post

Here's some follow-up info, regarding a few more CDs to be released at the end of the month. I see Shouko Hoshi's cover has already been posted here (LOL drastic change in personality, possibly linked to the hobby of mushrooms).
People like blakstealth keep us posted on the forums, that's how I knew about the Cinderela Girls