1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-08, 21:32   Link #61
Jaden

Could be worse.
Old 2014-02-08, 21:35   Link #62
The Green One

Anyway, back on actual topic now. I liked the fact that the kid's defense of the town had actual tactical significance to the overall plan of fighting the goblins and keeping them from leveling the countryside after Crusty's army finishes curbstomping them. Gives that final battle on the bridge in the rain dramatic tension.
Old 2014-02-08, 21:36   Link #63
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
lol I didn't even notice that when watching.
Old 2014-02-08, 22:18   Link #64
Mubyoshi

I was thinking the newbies were gonna get attacked by one of those lv80 giants or something, but dire wolves works too I guess.
Old 2014-02-08, 22:43   Link #65
Dark Wing

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out or not but if you look at the newbies levels this episode t everyone has gone up 5 levels after the training camp, except Rudy who only went up 2 levels.

This means the main reason we don't see people of the land out fighting monster isn't because they can't it's because it takes them 5 times longer to go up at least one level compared to an adventurer.

This also explains why Rudy was so proud of is level when we first saw him because he had to work is behind off to at lest get to that meager level 20 something.
Old 2014-02-08, 23:48   Link #66
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well from gamers perpective didn't they overestimate goblins. in a normal game goblin level is around 25 - 35. a 90 level character can easily kill thousands of them without healing, it is just boring just to kill weak goblins. then again this is the case in a normal game not in this anime. I've never seen a 72 level goblin, but for 90 level it must be easy for 90 level adventurers and those about the same level
Ya know...

A few years ago, when I was playing World of Warcraft, I was using a lvl ~18 alt, trying to complete the Redridge Stonewatch quests. This was early, when 60 was the max level. I thought level 60's were invincible. Someone in my group had a lv 60 friend, who joined my pickup group. And... the ~lv 20 (Elite) Blackrock Orcs killed him! I was shocked, because I assumed level 60's were invincible in low-level areas... but no, that's not the case. He was killed by about 6 attackers.

Max-level Log Horizon players are far more powerful than max-level WoW players, but they still are not invincible outside of 1-on-1 fights.
Old 2014-02-09, 00:45   Link #67
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I don't know if anyone else pointed this out or not but if you look at the newbies levels this episode t everyone has gone up 5 levels after the training camp, except Rudy who only went up 2 levels.

This means the main reason we don't see people of the land out fighting monster isn't because they can't it's because it takes them 5 times longer to go up at least one level compared to an adventurer.

This also explains why Rudy was so proud of is level when we first saw him because he had to work is behind off to at lest get to that meager level 20 something.
probably has something to do with the EXP pots that were being extorted out of them earlier too.
Old 2014-02-09, 02:18   Link #68
ices
Working Hard

Quote:

More detailed info:

Ep 12 when they introduced themselves:
  • Tohya 29
  • Minori 21
  • Serara 25
  • Rudy 23
  • Isuzu 24

This episode:
  • Tohya 34
  • Minori 26
  • Serara 30
  • Rudy 25
  • Isuzu 29

As stated by Dark Wing, everyone gone up 5 level except Rudy who just gain 2 level (from 23 to 25).
Old 2014-02-09, 02:29   Link #69
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Spoiler for Wow:

*clap clap clap*

This is what’s called dedication!
Tactician's a good job, mate. It's challenging work, out of doors,
I'll guarantee you'll not go hungry, 'cause at the end of the day,
as long as there's 2 people left on the server, someone is gonna
want some raid done.
Old 2014-02-09, 03:26   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Amazing episode, lots of action (and EPIC battle theme for Crusty), tonz of drama and I love that sense of foreboding when Minori realizes that they're pretty much pooped if Tohya falls. Even more diversity in the scrub party's attacks and combinations and they did everything in their power, really; enemy reinforcements kept popping out of everywhere but they were alone...

Still, I can't help but wonder, the two healers of the party both had a revival spell and still enough mana for a couple of heals. If Rudy had let Tohya fall and rise again, could they have defeated the dire wolf x2 or would the required time force them to die/retreat regardless?
Old 2014-02-09, 03:38   Link #71
Naole

They say that there are 60 Players in Choshi but it din't look like 60 to me; where are the others?

And Krusty's group looked like a lot more than 96+12+1
Old 2014-02-09, 03:42   Link #72
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The time and budget constraint couldn't show them all.
Old 2014-02-09, 04:08   Link #73
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Amazing episode, lots of action (and EPIC battle theme for Crusty), tonz of drama and I love that sense of foreboding when Minori realizes that they're pretty much pooped if Tohya falls. Even more diversity in the scrub party's attacks and combinations and they did everything in their power, really; enemy reinforcements kept popping out of everywhere but they were alone...

Still, I can't help but wonder, the two healers of the party both had a revival spell and still enough mana for a couple of heals. If Rudy had let Tohya fall and rise again, could they have defeated the dire wolf x2 or would the required time force them to die/retreat regardless?
maybe they don't have combat raise?

Post from galaxy
Old 2014-02-09, 04:42   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm fairly certain they don't have combat raise.

At the same time, you still have to deal with the mobs that are redirecting their attention to the next person with the highest aggro, usually the healers.

Maybe if they have some other non-squishy class to tank evasion-tank lol for a few seconds, but usually it's gg.
Old 2014-02-09, 05:23   Link #75
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm fairly certain they don't have combat raise.

At the same time, you still have to deal with the mobs that are redirecting their attention to the next person with the highest aggro, usually the healers.

Maybe if they have some other non-squishy class to tank evasion-tank lol for a few seconds, but usually it's gg.
I think the main problem with the newbie's party is that they don't have the DPS to supplement their survivability. Between having only one tank/off-DPS and one DPS class their party definitely lacked the punch to take out higher level mobs even if they could tank hits from them.
Old 2014-02-09, 05:32   Link #76
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:

4 times as someone complained before. But still he deserves a large respect for this. Not to mind that he made that far without dying even once.
Old 2014-02-09, 05:34   Link #77
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't find Isaac on raid battle.... I wonder why... Honesty guild leader is also nowhere

Minori is clearly like little Shiroe now... He just lack glasses to look forward until 30 seconds ahead

poor Akatsuki... she want to join battlefield

and lastly, Rundel is so manly... self-destructing like a boss...
Old 2014-02-09, 05:55   Link #78
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh holy SNAP

Just noticed, the enemy status that shows up when they're explaining Shiroe's Full Control Encounter is the raid boss, Lucead of the Seven Prison!

Sweeet subtle forshadow to the 2nd season I hope.
Old 2014-02-09, 07:34   Link #79
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't find Isaac on raid battle.... I wonder why... Honesty guild leader is also nowhere
Isaac is probably dealing with affairs in Akiba with most of the Round Table Alliance deployed elsewhere. Same for Eins, but I think that the communicators in the army this episode may actually be from Honesty.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-09, 09:42   Link #80
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Spoiler for Wow:

*clap clap clap*

This is what’s called dedication!
Somehow, it reminds me of that news article from Kotaku back in 2010! I hope their bladder didn't fail before being trapped.

BTW, has anyone noticed that there's no restroom in Akihabara? Or it's just me?

Anyways, seeing Rudy's progress, I wonder if Landers gain little EXP or they have a bigger EXP cap?
Closed Thread