1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-20, 05:37   Link #61
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Well, I am speaking as a former AD&D2 DM. Players have a tendency to look at XPs first then threat level later. Which makes for hilarious last moments.
MMOs work quite differently from TRPG in terms of EXP.
Many popular MMOs, WoW included, there's a level range each players can earn ANY XP.
In Elder Tales, it's 5 levels range. Meaning, level 90 players won't earn even 1XP from anything below lv85.
Old 2014-01-20, 17:18   Link #62
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Great episode... jealous Shouryuu... Sad Marielle... wow!
I also like Naotsugu and Nyanta's reaction about the huge armies.. They're still keep their calm
Same thing could be said to Crusty... losing your memories but act like it's nothing

the telepathic intel-conference is awesome!!
Also... Minori's tactic is little too scary... Does she want to aggro the goblins so they won't reach the city?

I want "A lazy cowardly princess" episode!!! It seems she is too sad because she isn't getting more air time in this episode... :P
Old 2014-01-20, 18:55   Link #63
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Krusty don't seem to mind losing his memories as much as the others. Perhaps he had an unpleasant past?
Forgetting one's cat doesn't seem that damaging in the overall arc of one's life. I took his remarks to mean that he's lost a few fragments of memory but doesn't "feel" like they add up to enough to matter. In return he enjoys a rich and satisfying experience as a respected guild master. Maybe he thinks the trade-off was worth it.
Old 2014-01-20, 22:00   Link #64
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Don't worry he'll be the first one to run to the hills.
Actually he tends to do something completely opposite that. Call it what you want. Stupidity, naivete or whatever. That's just how he is. Rudie'll be the first to the fray and the last one to leave. W/c is kinda awesome of him He also tends to act all heroic (i.e. suicidal) w/c isn't helping taking down those flags much...
Old 2014-01-20, 23:28   Link #65
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Forgetting one's cat doesn't seem that damaging in the overall arc of one's life. I took his remarks to mean that he's lost a few fragments of memory but doesn't "feel" like they add up to enough to matter. In return he enjoys a rich and satisfying experience as a respected guild master. Maybe he thinks the trade-off was worth it.
True we don't even know how long he had the plus other factors such as age, level and type of gear might give him a good deal of confidence he seems like is probably at least mid twenties, level 90 and is outfitted with Phantasmal-class weapon and armor. Now on the other hand I can see why Shiroe is a bit worried since he is looking after Minori and Tohya there young so not as many memories to burn through, low level so higher chance of dying and given Hamelin general way of operating it's hard to tell how many pks they may have already taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Actually he tends to do something completely opposite that. Call it what you want. Stupidity, naivete or whatever. That's just how he is. Rudie'll be the first to the fray and the last one to leave. W/c is kinda awesome of him He also tends to act all heroic (i.e. suicidal) w/c isn't helping taking down those flags much...
Rudy and Tohya well there just out of place man afterall this isn't Gurren Lagann fighting spirit doesn't win you battles actually it didn't work out that well long term in Gurren Lagann either.
Old 2014-01-21, 00:07   Link #66
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Rudy and Tohya well there just out of place man afterall this isn't Gurren Lagann fighting spirit doesn't win you battles actually it didn't work out that well long term in Gurren Lagann either.

Unless you're Kamina, I meant Kanami.
Old 2014-01-21, 04:47   Link #67
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I am highly amused by the fact that her name is an anagram of Kamina. Was it accidental on Touno's part?
Old 2014-01-21, 06:03   Link #68
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I doubt it, Kanami is a pretty standard popular female name while Kamina is not a normal name.
Although it is funny how they are both free-spirited go my.. no, force my way leaders who kicks the reason to the curve and git-r-done.
Old 2014-01-21, 23:21   Link #69
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yeah but was taking that approach from day one though.
I get they want to be big damn heroes who doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYeqDD96gLg

Problem is there trying to take on an army of Goblins and assorted related monsters Leeroy Jenkins Style and I'm not really sure if there is anything left to protect the town seemed like it was pretty much razed to the ground.
Old 2014-01-22, 02:30   Link #70
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Geez, what part of the plainly obvious joke did you think was worth replying seriously to.

And Kanami IS a "big damn hero(ine)". Not wannabes or buts, she just is.
She would go in headstrong in a situation like that, and for some miraculous reason, it all works out.
Old 2014-01-22, 06:48   Link #71
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Problem is there trying to take on an army of Goblins and assorted related monsters Leeroy Jenkins Style and I'm not really sure if there is anything left to protect the town seemed like it was pretty much razed to the ground.
That's not the town they are moving to protect. The town they are going to protect is a big coastal town, this was probably just a small farm.
Old 2014-01-22, 06:57   Link #72
Ickarium

I also doubt they'd do Leroy Jenkins. Minori learned too well from Shiro. My original guess was guerilla tactics. If you are peeling off a lot of enemies over and over, the enemy will focus on you rather than continually lose men.
Old 2014-01-22, 19:37   Link #73
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
I also doubt they'd do Leroy Jenkins. Minori learned too well from Shiro. My original guess was guerilla tactics. If you are peeling off a lot of enemies over and over, the enemy will focus on you rather than continually lose men.
Minori definitely wouldn't do a Leroy Jenkins however I was talking about Tohya and Rudy before I could see either of them pulling one and from there the entire party getting sucked into an unwinnable battle. I'm not convinced she'll be able to reign those two in.
Old 2014-01-23, 20:18   Link #74
shalala

Did it say how long it took the Training group to get there? Because if it wasn't that long then they could just send backup. Based off the opening I do hope that it's not true. As I quite like the Rudy and that girl (Can't remember her name. The one with the green hat thingy . Who based off the opening may well join Log Horizon.) pairing.
Old 2014-01-23, 20:21   Link #75
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Did it say how long it took the Training group to get there? Because if it wasn't that long then they could just send backup. Based off the opening I do hope that it's not true. As I quite like the Rudy and that girl (Can't remember her name. The one with the green hat thingy . Who based off the opening may well join Log Horizon.) pairing.
It takes days to go there by foot due to distance and probably a day or 2 in horse but just like Griffon. I think there is also a duration of use for horse and cooldown time. I remember reading 3 days? but not sure. Its just that the distance between Sand Leaf and Akiba is big and if they use the ability Call of Home. There is no turning back because returning ins't an option with the length it take. They will be too late.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:48   Link #76
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh boy, tomorrow shall be the day where the NEET Princess finally speaks her mind. can't wait.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-01-24, 11:38   Link #77
Naole

Is it me or does it seem like the two Goblins were trying to kill the doll? way harsh!
Minori's voice is a bit annoying though
Old 2014-01-24, 19:28   Link #78
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It takes days to go there by foot due to distance and probably a day or 2 in horse but just like Griffon. I think there is also a duration of use for horse and cooldown time. I remember reading 3 days? but not sure. Its just that the distance between Sand Leaf and Akiba is big and if they use the ability Call of Home. There is no turning back because returning ins't an option with the length it take. They will be too late.
It might have in the LN and they might intended it to in the anime but the distances don't really add up we know it took them 3 instead of 17 days so we know it takes 3/17 as long travel by griffin compared to horse Naotsugu told the kids it was 2 hour trip from Sand Leaf and Akiba when they were asking about if they were to die in the dungeon. Now my point is 3/17 of 12 is 2.12 so it'd be about a half day. I don't think they actually intended it to be that close but that's what it figures out to using the information on distances we have.
Old 2014-01-24, 19:34   Link #79
Ickarium

Note that they had to stop to go through the dungeon. That slowed them down. Being able to just fly over most obstacles outside dragon hatcheries on mountains probably helps a lot more than might be apparent, depending on terrain.
Old 2014-01-24, 20:35   Link #80
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

well finally caught up. Excellent episode as always, quite enjoyable, and Minori's idea is bold and audacious. I approve.

I think she's probably going to try and go for hit and fade attacks and essentially draw enough aggro so that the goblins will go after her, not the town - then it's just a matter of finding good terrain for ambushes and defending.

Or at least that's what I'd do, but admittedly unlike the author I'm not a serious MMO player, and the closest thing to an MMO I've gotten to is World of Tanks (which is more Girls und Panzer's thing ) or Star Citizen.

I believe in miracles.

Closed Thread