5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-06-09, 09:04   Link #61
Blaat

It's getting harder and harder to not read the manga.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:38   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJackEvo View Post
It makes one wonder if they'll even replace those stills for actual animation scenes once the BDs come rolling in...

Polishing is a given for BD releases, but those stills...
I love the stills. I hope they stay for the BD release.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:08   Link #63
Arya

This time dilatation surely doesn't work with me. Nor the Overdramatization. I hope they just stop doing it.
Luckily there's always Mikasa saving the show !!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:16   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
With Armin's plans, Titan Eren will need to be protected while he carries the boulder to the opening of the wall. Wait, if Eren can carry that boulder, why couldn't the other titans push that boulder when it blocks the hole? They should be equal strength, especially in numbers. Unless Eren is a super titan with far superior strength than the others.
I've always wondered the same thing. I assume titans are too dumb to actively try to push a boulder with all their strength.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:24   Link #65
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So Mikasa is older than Eren? Huh.
But AFAIK she has the same age as Eren, maybe she older by months.

With Eren say to Mikasa he is not her brother or kid then I think Mikasa get her flag for Eren, just go for "childhood friend" route . . .
Old 2013-06-09, 11:30   Link #66
Iron Maw
Banned

I think is also just the fact that like the Armored and Colosal Titans, Eren is much stronger physically then then normal Titans are.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:41   Link #67
Flolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
But AFAIK she has the same age as Eren, maybe she older by months.

With Eren say to Mikasa he is not her brother or kid then I think Mikasa get her flag for Eren, just go for "childhood friend" route . . .
It sure was funny though, those two were pickering like an old married couple.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 11:51   Link #68
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Never got this impression. More like mother and her child.
ArturEngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 12:11   Link #69
Dread Fox

I think Eren's Mom was often telling Mikasa to watch over him. She probably did that all the time and Eren was probably annoyed by it. Also kind of funny considering Eren came to HER rescue all those years earlier.

So not sure how her protective role came about. Her skills at taking down Titans makes it pertinent right now, but before all this if I were Eren I'd be annoyed as hell. Like Mikasa get off my freakin back you stalker

Of course for Mikasa I am sure it's deeper than that. Ever since her rescue she probably never wanted to be apart from Eren so she uses the protection thing as a front to satisfy her own need to be near him.
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 13:13   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Never got this impression. More like mother and her child.
And I got neither.

To me it was more like a very tense exchange between two siblings.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 16:43   Link #71
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So Mikasa is older than Eren? Huh.

Armin was a total boss in this episode, shame that guy was way off his rockers. Thankfully a familiar face stopped him before it was too late.
how did you know that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't understand how the scaredy cat commander wouldn't try to keep firing at the first opportunity. It seems like the trio had a ridiculous amount of time to talk about the situation, though I am impressed with Eren's ability to analyse the situation, given how incredibly fucked up he must have been.
He was waiting for cannon (he don't want to have melee fight)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 17:01   Link #72
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for words of wisdom:

I like how in the aftermath they showed the low morale of Captain Coward's platoon.

They lost complete faith in him.

Serves him right!
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 17:35   Link #73
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Spoiler for words of wisdom:

I like how in the aftermath they showed the low morale of Captain Coward's platoon.

They lost complete faith in him.

Serves him right!
It was more that they didn't want to fight the titans rather than losing faith in that guy.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 18:22   Link #74
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
At least one person is willing to see what Eren can really do. This insane general was seriously getting on my nerves.

Another episode beginning with an unnecessary recap? C'mon.

I think they're trying to be cinematic, but it isn't working. I can understand one recap, but having the last 4-6 episodes begin with recaps is overkill and ruins the desired cinematic effect. However, the flashing shots showing Eren's Titan body actually looked nice.

The pacing of this show has really slowed down. So slow even that's it's starting to drag out too long, in the last 2 episodes especially. Which is never a good sign.

Armin finally breaks out of his shell a bit, but I wish I could've seen more than just cry-yelling. I wish he had been more serious with Eren and Mikasa and really taking the situation into his own hands, showing more determination. But either way it was decent character development. Which is one of the biggest flaws of the show I'd say.

Overall not bad, just that dragging feeling pulls down the score a bit, it's starting to make every episode dull, a long with the unnecessary recap. 6.9 (Fine)
Lol your complaining about recaps? Are you new to anime? Just skip forward if you don't want to watch it. Also you have to keep in mind that the reason recaps exist in the first place is for people who missed an episode. Japanese TV is very different from american TV in that reruns are actually pretty rare especially when a show is still airing new episodes. So if you live in japan and miss an episode your fucked, which is especially bad considering how arc-based most anime is.

And I disagree about the pacing as a manga reader I can confirm that the anime is still following the manga very closely. It's not so much a pacing issue as its just that what's occurring in the story atm isn't as exciting as what's been happening so far, but things should pick up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
With Armin's plans, Titan Eren will need to be protected while he carries the boulder to the opening of the wall. Wait, if Eren can carry that boulder, why couldn't the other titans push that boulder when it blocks the hole? They should be equal strength, especially in numbers. Unless Eren is a super titan with far superior strength than the others.
Well Titan Eren is a 15 meter class which is the largest (aside from the colossal titan) class of Titan and presumably more rarer. Also I doubt most of the titans are smart enough to know that they can pick up and move the boulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't understand how the scaredy cat commander wouldn't try to keep firing at the first opportunity. It seems like the trio had a ridiculous amount of time to talk about the situation, though I am impressed with Eren's ability to analyse the situation, given how incredibly fucked up he must have been.
I think it was made extremely obvious that the reason he didn't keep firing was because they had to reload the cannon...
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 19:00   Link #75
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeofgreed View Post
Lol your complaining about recaps? Are you new to anime?
No, but you seem to be. One recap is fine, but having one at the beginning of every episode is pointless, annoying, and it wastes time. And why even have them on there is you know there's going to be a whole episode dedicated to nothing but recaps?

Quote:
Just skip forward if you don't want to watch it. Also you have to keep in mind that the reason recaps exist in the first place is for people who missed an episode. Japanese TV is very different from american TV in that reruns are actually pretty rare especially when a show is still airing new episodes. So if you live in japan and miss an episode your fucked, which is especially bad considering how arc-based most anime is.
Oh, how could I forget that Japan doesn't have this cool new thing called "The Internet", where they could just download or stream the episodes there. Talk about a poor excuse
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:23   Link #76
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
No, but you seem to be. One recap is fine, but having one at the beginning of every episode is pointless, annoying, and it wastes time. And why even have them on there is you know there's going to be a whole episode dedicated to nothing but recaps?
Except many big shows such as Gundam have being that for years, its hardly anything new. Same with recaps episodes which more often then not, are done for scheduling reasons. You really making a mountain out of mole on this.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:51   Link #77
Dread Fox

If recaps and filler stuff bug some people all that much they should wait till the season is over and do a marathon watch at the end.

Problem solved.
Dread Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 21:43   Link #78
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Fox View Post
If recaps and filler stuff bug some people all that much they should wait till the season is over and do a marathon watch at the end.

Problem solved.
Agreed. Recaps don't bother me one bit. Plus the narrators voice is just rawr.

Skip past them if they bother you that much.

Endless "Easy solution" Soul
Old 2013-06-09, 21:51   Link #79
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I find recaps pointless and just skip them. No biggie.
Old 2013-06-10, 00:08   Link #80
freeofgreed

Quote:
Did you even read my comment. Many anime have had short recaps in the beggining of their episodes this isn't a new thing at all. Also it would make zero sense for 1 episode to have a recap at the beggining and for the rest not to have any. Also many others have already given plenty of reasons as to why a recap episode exists so I won't even waste my time with explaining it again.

Quote:
Oh, how could I forget that Japan doesn't have this cool new thing called "The Internet", where they could just download or stream the episodes there. Talk about a poor excuse
Again, Japan and America are very different when it comes to things like this. Piracy laws are EXTREMELY strict in Japan. There are people who have gone to jail for pirating anime. Also this whole streaming/downloading anime isn't as popular in Japan as it is in america.
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote