AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-06, 23:36   Link #61
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Blue and Yellow VVV made for one another.

Blue's got Yellow covered with Defense, Yellow got Blue covered with Melee.
Old 2013-06-07, 00:09   Link #62
zztop

Haruto's Valvrave seems to be the ONLY one with the female OS-tan on the interface.

Observe how NEITHER Saki, Kyuma and (presumably)Raizo's Valvrave interfaces have any OS-tans of their own.

Plot point, or just a coincidence?
Old 2013-06-07, 00:48   Link #63
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Haruto's Valvrave seems to be the ONLY one with the female OS-tan on the interface.

Observe how NEITHER Saki, Kyuma and (presumably)Raizo's Valvrave interfaces have any OS-tans of their own.

Plot point, or just a coincidence?
If you had "read" this forum, you know that VVVI has a "RAVE" engine while the others have RAVE "Mirror".
Also VVVI is the only one that can use harakiri(?) and that special mode.

So the assumption is that VVVI's authentic while the others are copies or inferior.
Old 2013-06-07, 00:52   Link #64
GundamZZ
残念美人

It's more like Haruto gets the special treatment, because he's the protagonist. The blue V uses mirror as the weapon(?) It may explain why it works against light emitting cannon. The yellow V relies on close combat. It may work for defense of breached enemy units. It works for co-op, but it would be disadvantage for the individual combat.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-06-07, 12:52   Link #65
gordol
Banned

The Valvrave pages have been updated with descriptions for the new ones.
http://www.valvrave.com/mechanic/

Can someone translate them? It would be nice to have the official weapon names.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:47   Link #66
Key Board
Carbon

I'll just repost what i said somewhere else

VV3

Armstronger Canon
Main Canon uses energy produced by the Rave Mirror engine for bombardment.
It can also split into 8 smaller arms, each carrying considerable physical force.

Chain Saucer
Can use rave energy to fire energy beams.
It can also use hardlight to launch a disk shaped projectile

Dai Arms (Dye Arms?)
A container compartment containing several tools.
Dai Alpha: Cutting tool
Dai Gamma: Piercing tool
Dai Beta: Firing tool
Dai Delta: Can be thrown or used for defense

VVV5

Bolt Phalanx
A bowgun like weapon that can be used to fire light bullets. Light bullets are an ammunition created using hardlight mechanics. The light bullet will explode a few moments after impacting a target.

Additionally it is possible to set up the light bullet to act like a heavy explosive that will detonate after a certain time.

IMP (it doesn't say what this stands for)
A highest grade defense system among all other Valvraves. One of the components is a shield made out of dense materials called Clear Fossil. In addition, the Shield's membrane is linked and powered by this unit's Rave Mirror engine. It is possible to modify the strength of the shield by adjusting the output.

Finally, this machine has the lowest heat generation among all the Valvraves.

Additional VV4 information.

legs are modeled after spider legs (but why only 6 legs?)
in addition to using hardlight to do wall jumps, the leg tips can also be used as a piercing weapon
and no, no information about after-images in this update
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-06-07 at 15:46.
Old 2013-06-07, 14:20   Link #67
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Dai Arms (Dye Arms?)
Di (Greek word for 2) would probably be best since the arms come in symmetrical pairs. Just a thought.
Quote:
Additional VV2 information.
May I ask where this is stated?
Old 2013-06-07, 15:46   Link #68
Key Board
Carbon

Sorry, I meant to say additional VVV4 information

I goofed.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-07, 17:30   Link #69
blackwhite67
Banned

I watched the latest episode and I'm a little confused. I watched the scene where Raizo's two mega arms turned to four, but I can't see where the extra 2 pincers on each of those arms came from.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-07 at 17:44.
Old 2013-06-07, 19:37   Link #70
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I watched the latest episode and I'm a little confused. I watched the scene where Raizo's two mega arms turned to four, but I can't see where the extra 2 pincers on each of those arms came from.
1 mega arm splits into 4
2 mega arms = 8 smaller arms
Old 2013-06-07, 21:50   Link #71
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
1 mega arm splits into 4
2 mega arms = 8 smaller arms
I said the pincers on each arm as in the fingers. Take a closer look at the animation. Before the arms split into four each mega arm has four pincers, which are clearly 8 in pairs of two. When they each split into four arms, each of those arms now have four pincers. Where did the extra two without gold armor come from?
Old 2013-06-07, 22:42   Link #72
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

If you watch it again, each of those fingers with the yellow-plated armor have separate "pincers" inside them. Since each of the 8 arms has 2 yellow-plated fingers, there will be 2 pincers.
Old 2013-06-08, 00:14   Link #73
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

VVV5's weak point seems to be it's back.
Old 2013-06-08, 19:44   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
The Valvrave pages have been updated with descriptions for the new ones.
http://www.valvrave.com/mechanic/

Can someone translate them? It would be nice to have the official weapon names.
I think they've added a few new Splicer designs too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-08, 20:17   Link #75
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think they've added a few new Splicer designs too.
Not new designs, they're the old Splicers but in ARUS colours instead of JIOR colours.
Old 2013-06-08, 22:41   Link #76
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

So far Saki's Valvrave is really useless when compare to the rest. Haruto's Valvrave is multi-role and plus a Raiser Sword, Thunder's valvrave is brute strength and powerful cannon, Kyuuma's Valvrave is Freedom 2.0 plus a unbreakable shield and Saki's Valvrave is? 2 wheels and 6 more legs???
Old 2013-06-08, 23:07   Link #77
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Saki Valvrave is high speed hit & run suit
Old 2013-06-08, 23:10   Link #78
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
So far Saki's Valvrave is really useless when compare to the rest. Haruto's Valvrave is multi-role and plus a Raiser Sword, Thunder's valvrave is brute strength and powerful cannon, Kyuuma's Valvrave is Freedom 2.0 plus a unbreakable shield and Saki's Valvrave is? 2 wheels and 6 more legs???
its the fastest out of them all and those wheels can change direction mid flight to attack multiple enemy's, i'd say its far from useless
Old 2013-06-08, 23:12   Link #79
Key Board
Carbon

well. in videogame terms..

Saki's mech has no AOE and all of her weapons are close to medium range

That means she takes the longest time to kill things.

She has to:
dodge things and get in range
fire two projectiles at most
wait it to return before she can lock on a new enemy
rinse and repeat

That's a lot of downtime

So, yes, her machine is really the worst so far. I'm not surprise she gets an upgrade in the future.
Old 2013-06-08, 23:19   Link #80
shadow1296

true it is currently the worst out of all of the ones that have pilots in terms of attack power in video game term its a rpg dancer class what do you expect now the one that will most likely be the most useless in terms of combat is purplerave unless it has the ability to hack into enemy unmaned waffe's