AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 22:02   Link #61
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
An Action Duel, is a new type of Dueling in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V series.

An Action Duel occurs with the help of "touchable Solid Visions". These Solid Visions surround the entire field and the Duel takes place in the entire area. Unlike previous Yu-Gi-Oh! series, the monsters Summoned during these Duels are real enough to let Duelists interact with them, as seen when Yuya rode on "Entermate Discover Hippo".

In an Action Duel, a Field Spell Card is activated before the Duel starts. Action Cards are scattered throughout the field, to which a Duelist is supposed to find them to aid them. When an Action Card is found, it is placed in the hand and can be use right away as if it was a Quick-Play Spell Card. When a card is activated, a player can find and use the Action Cards they found to pay the cost if necessary as shown when Yuya played "Wonder Balloon" and discarded the Action Cards he found to pay the cost

An Action Card exists inside Action Duels on the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V anime.

When an Action Duel begins, Action Cards are spread all over the Dueling Field. While they Duel, the Duelists search for them, and once they find an Action Card, they can add it to their hand or activate it. So far, all revealed Action Cards are Spell Cards.
sounds like 52 pickup dueling style
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 22:38   Link #62
Archaeon

I only watch the first season of Yugioh.

Which Yugioh season is the best?
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 22:48   Link #63
Frontier

That's an incredibly subjective topic.

Personally? I love all of them .
Old 2014-04-06, 22:52   Link #64
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Duel Monsters - various
GX - Fusion Summon
5D's - Synchro Summon
ZeXal - Xyz Summon
Arc-V - Pendulum Summon
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:43   Link #65
Frontier

The only thing about fusion summoning is that it was in the original, and wasn't that uncommon. Fusion summoning was just Judai's signature style with his deck. Every other series after GX did introduce a new summoning method.
Old 2014-04-07, 00:00   Link #66
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The only thing about fusion summoning is that it was in the original, and wasn't that uncommon. Fusion summoning was just Judai's signature style with his deck. Every other series after GX did introduce a new summoning method.
I know, that's why I labeled DM as "various", since it didn't really have any sort of "signature" Summoning technique. It was just the game in general, with a Fusion used here and a Ritual used there, and so on.

GX had Fusion as the signature style for a number of people early on; Judai, Sho, Asuka, Manjoume, Ryo, etc. before Asuka moved onto Rituals and Manjoume started swapping around between Armed Dragon and Ojama.
Old 2014-04-07, 00:11   Link #67
Frontier

Oh, right, I forgot about Cyber-End and Cyber-Dark Dragon, as well as the "Roid" cards .

Manjoume, with the Ojama's also still had Ojama King as a fusion .
Old 2014-04-07, 02:14   Link #68
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I like dueling on motorcycles. At least most duelers are old enough to have their driving license. Totally opposite from Zexal.

And you don't mess with Jack Atlas, baby!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 06:09   Link #69
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
that's true the problem is Xyz and synchro's r essentially the same thing except instead of adding up to a level they're the same level
As for the shows themselves each has a lot of good and a lot of bad.
Yugioh original had its great moments the problem was they shirked the rules of the game severely on multiple occasions its like the cards were way more powerful then their true versions. Plus if you think about it outside of the Noah Arc every single main enemy couldn't care less for Yugi but they wanted the pharaoh. Plus I still don't know why Tristan or tea are even their half the time.
GX was okay but I was a bit disappointed with most of it because it was cliché as heck. Chaz was the typical arrogant rich kid. Alexis was the class hottie. Zane was the top duelist. Cyrus was the nerdy friend. Jaden was the MC who pretty much wins because he's the MC not because he's better. The other characters had really no purpose for the most part.
5D's was pretty much all about the riding duels which was cool but if you look at the show its mostly okay. Yusei wins with stardust or a stardust variant and Jack wins with Red Dragon Archfiend or a variant. The decks never really changed they just relied more on the Ace Monsters.
Zexal I watched for a little but really zexal is a mashup of the other shows besides 5D's. Its got a duel academy with a helpless kid made better by a visitor from the other world Yuuma's just an extra for most of it.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:00   Link #70
Marina2

Ep.1

- Arc-V MC's looking and personality is the mix between Judai and Yuma.

- I don't really understand the use of action cards.

- Umm....Pendulum summon doesn't seem to common in this world?? and it allows player to summon multiple monsters like that...HAX.

So far, Arc-v first ep. give me better first impression than the first ep. of Zexal.

Last edited by Marina2; 2014-04-07 at 08:38.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 08:33   Link #71
Kyouka
Is Here

im going to give this one a try it seems like it could be fun

side note
did anyone really like zexal anyway it was a total let down after 5D
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 11:26   Link #72
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
im going to give this one a try it seems like it could be fun

side note
did anyone really like zexal anyway it was a total let down after 5D
Well, Zexal is widely held to be the weakest season of Yu-Gi-Oh, and I suppose I can agree with that, but all the same I did like Zexal. It wasn't perfect, but it had some interesting points to it.

I'm also really looking forward to Arc V, I'm expecting good things.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 12:08   Link #73
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.1

- Arc-V MC's looking and personality is the mix between Judai and Yuma.

- I don't really understand the use of action cards.

- Umm....Pendulum summon doesn't seem to common in this world?? and it allows player to summon multiple monsters like that...HAX.

So far, Arc-v first ep. give me better first impression than the first ep. of Zexal.
I guess the basic gist of Action Cards is to help you out during duels, but you can only have only one in your hand at a time... In this case, you could say it's a legitimate reason to have an asspull at any time.

It feels odd that they decided to implement OCG rules into this, then again, it'd be nice to see all sorts of summoning this time around...

Huzzah for Battleguard (?) support!

Spoiler for Fun Fact:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 12:27   Link #74
Wandering Soul

Arc V is off to a good start, the first episode made more of a impression than Zexal's first episode. It helps that so far the MC is pretty likeable but that pendelum summon seems like a real game breaker so I will wait to see what they do about that.
Old 2014-04-07, 12:46   Link #75
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
that's true the problem is Xyz and synchro's r essentially the same thing except instead of adding up to a level they're the same level
As for the shows themselves each has a lot of good and a lot of bad.
Yugioh original had its great moments the problem was they shirked the rules of the game severely on multiple occasions its like the cards were way more powerful then their true versions. Plus if you think about it outside of the Noah Arc every single main enemy couldn't care less for Yugi but they wanted the pharaoh. Plus I still don't know why Tristan or tea are even their half the time.
GX was okay but I was a bit disappointed with most of it because it was cliché as heck. Chaz was the typical arrogant rich kid. Alexis was the class hottie. Zane was the top duelist. Cyrus was the nerdy friend. Jaden was the MC who pretty much wins because he's the MC not because he's better. The other characters had really no purpose for the most part.
5D's was pretty much all about the riding duels which was cool but if you look at the show its mostly okay. Yusei wins with stardust or a stardust variant and Jack wins with Red Dragon Archfiend or a variant. The decks never really changed they just relied more on the Ace Monsters.
Zexal I watched for a little but really zexal is a mashup of the other shows besides 5D's. Its got a duel academy with a helpless kid made better by a visitor from the other world Yuuma's just an extra for most of it.
Actually, the anime/manga of Duel Monsters came out BEFORE the OCG/TCG game we know today, so technically, the Konami OCG/TCG "shirked the rules", lol. Before the Konami version, there was a Bandai version where cards were pretty different and a bit more faithful to the manga and earliest anime OVAs (Time Wizard was an actual Magic Card, for example).

And yes, some cards were quite powerful which is why they were more balanced out in the Konami OCG/TCG for gameplay and balance purposes. Change of Heart, for example, was originally a "permanent" control change. You didn't give control back to the owner during the End Phase (if it was still on the field) like the OCG/TCG does now. That was Brain Control. So the Change of Heart in the OCG/TCG became the manga/anime's Brain Control while Brain Control itself was slightly altered to have an 800 LP cost to activate and only targeted face-up monsters. (And still returned control during the End Phase if it was still on the field, thus it wouldn't be carbon copy of the now Forbidden Change of Heart.)

It's also because of that that there were some minor ATK/DEF discrepancies in the anime we know too like, some examples, Great Moth briefly shown as 2600/2300, the Bandai stats (2500 DEF in the OCG/TCG), or Summoned Skull as 2500/2300 against Mai (1200 DEF), Thousand Dragon as 2400/2500 against Bandit Keith (2000 DEF), Koumori Dragon constantly having its ATK calculated as 1700 ATK, the manga/Bandai ATK, rather than 1500 like the OCG/TCG, and so on.
Old 2014-04-07, 13:00   Link #76
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I wish to see Egyptian God cards' return and Exodia. Screw all these new cards.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 13:03   Link #77
Frontier

I do wonder if Arc-V will use bring back the "three God/important Cards" archetype?
Old 2014-04-07, 13:12   Link #78
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
I do wonder if Arc-V will use bring back the "three God/important Cards" archetype?
I'm sure there will be some kind of "legendary" card(s), though ZeXal did manage to break the "rule of 3" that DM / R (God Cards / Devils/"Wicked"), GX (Demons / "Sacred Beast"), and 5D's (Thor/Loki/Odin) had with 4 "Legendary Numbers" (pfft).
Old 2014-04-07, 14:33   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Actually, the anime/manga of Duel Monsters came out BEFORE the OCG/TCG game we know today, so technically, the Konami OCG/TCG "shirked the rules", lol. Before the Konami version, there was a Bandai version where cards were pretty different and a bit more faithful to the manga and earliest anime OVAs (Time Wizard was an actual Magic Card, for example).

And yes, some cards were quite powerful which is why they were more balanced out in the Konami OCG/TCG for gameplay and balance purposes. Change of Heart, for example, was originally a "permanent" control change. You didn't give control back to the owner during the End Phase (if it was still on the field) like the OCG/TCG does now. That was Brain Control. So the Change of Heart in the OCG/TCG became the manga/anime's Brain Control while Brain Control itself was slightly altered to have an 800 LP cost to activate and only targeted face-up monsters. (And still returned control during the End Phase if it was still on the field, thus it wouldn't be carbon copy of the now Forbidden Change of Heart.)

It's also because of that that there were some minor ATK/DEF discrepancies in the anime we know too like, some examples, Great Moth briefly shown as 2600/2300, the Bandai stats (2500 DEF in the OCG/TCG), or Summoned Skull as 2500/2300 against Mai (1200 DEF), Thousand Dragon as 2400/2500 against Bandit Keith (2000 DEF), Koumori Dragon constantly having its ATK calculated as 1700 ATK, the manga/Bandai ATK, rather than 1500 like the OCG/TCG, and so on.
Certainly makes sense that the first season came out before the current game. Never bothered to check the timing but looking back that's the only reasonable explanation for some weird situations in that series. Never made sense not to just stack the most powerful cards you could considering the no summoning costs (aside from rituals) with the only worry being certain magic cards that could cost you. No one ever seemed to get attacked directly so seemed odd to even throw out defensive monsters just to serve them up .

Still the very first season was pretty fun. At the time definitely got behind the story and the whole rescue mission basis.
Old 2014-04-08, 02:47   Link #80
Esclair

Is there a real life equivalent of Action Duels? I can see some kind of field where you place a bunch of cards face down and you can move your monsters across the field by giving up an attack phase or something (monsters in defense mode can't pick up action cards). That'd make sense given how it was shown in episode 1.

However, that Pendulum summon was wtf?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote