AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-09, 07:59   Link #61
amtro
Distro

I'm sure the author can continue living with one less non-paying fan on his conscience.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 08:23   Link #62
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So it's definite that they are true siblings? No more theories of Tatsuya being Maya's son.

Hmm, I dunno, I don't think it's a deathflag but I also can't see where the Author is going with this move. And what's Maya's aim for telling such a lie. I really hope this won't end in an incest. I have a good feeling that it won't. We're still at volume 16 and didn't the Author say he planned for Mahouka to have 20+ volumes. Plenty of time to steer away from a incestuous ending.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 08:31   Link #63
amtro
Distro

No, there are no definites yet. The author basically went "lol the lie is a lie of a lie. or is it!!???" to create suspense. Right now it is impossible to tell just who is telling the truth. Miyuki has taken it is a go signal and that's what's important.
Old 2015-04-09, 08:33   Link #64
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
So it's definite that they are true siblings? No more theories of Tatsuya being Maya's son.

Hmm, I dunno, I don't think it's a deathflag but I also can't see where the Author is going with this move. And what's Maya's aim for telling such a lie. I really hope this won't end in an incest. I have a good feeling that it won't. We're still at volume 16 and didn't the Author say he planned for Mahouka to have 20+ volumes. Plenty of time to steer away from a incestuous ending.
I've seen plenty of people say stuff like this. Personally I think it's being naïve/Overly hopeful. While it would be plenty of time to steer away from it there is absolutely no indication that he will and plenty pointing towards that direction. Even if Tatsuya and Miyuki don't actually end up as a couple there is going to come a breaking point when the two of them have to at least discuss it, Tatsuya has done his best throughout the novels to conveniently ignore Miyuki's over the top affection, While Miyuki has slowly been getting more courage and pushing things further. Shizuku clearly forshadowed that Miyuki is still restraining herself, but she doesn't believe it will last forever (Which it clearly wont).

Even if they don't end up as a couple the entire story is about Tatsuya/Miyuki. The story is definitely heading in the direction where Tatsuya is eventually going to have to clearly say "No" or give in, meaning we are definitely going to see more awkward sibling affection as the story progresses, whether we like or not. There isn't really any point in hoping for the story to suddenly steer in another direction when the author has spent 15 volumes heading in its current direction slowly but constantly.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 08:38   Link #65
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Thx bruh didnt read that.

no shit?! We're going full blown incest or is that bait.
I'm crossing my fingers for the former.

Side Note: Long time no see, pampz.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 08:40   Link #66
Verisimilitude

I would be laughing profusely if Mahouka manages to succeed where Oreimo failed.
Though I doubt it.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 08:48   Link #67
amtro
Distro

Oreimo didn't fail on the incest department. Kirino and Kyousuke didn't end a single thing, they got worse. Refer to

Quote:
>“...... pure?”
Kuroneko tilts her neck in doubt. And then, mutters with a scary low voice.
“All the women who dare to brag about their love life before me are bitches, all right?”
“Wait! I haven't be, be, be, be, been bragging at all, you hear!”
“Yes, you have. Why, specifically speaking, that Sunday last week----”
“Da~~! Sto~~~~p! You can't talk about that! You definitely ca~~n't!”
Kirino covers up Kuroneko's mouth, panicking.
Besides, Mahouka wouldn't be the first series to go the incest route, though it would be a lot easier if Miyuki was a cousin rather than a sister.
Old 2015-04-09, 09:13   Link #68
molassus
is molassus

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Besides, Mahouka wouldn't be the first series to go the incest route, though it would be a lot easier if Miyuki was a cousin rather than a sister.
Well it really doesn't matter if it ends with incest. This is a work of fiction anyone can turn a blind eye with this kind of topic anyways.

Though if the author doesn't plan on ending the series with incest, it begs the question why did he even make Miyuki romantically interested in her brother. He could have just made their relationship like normal siblings and the story would still be the same.
Old 2015-04-09, 09:14   Link #69
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I'm crossing my fingers for the former.

Side Note: Long time no see, pampz.
I am fine with both but from Satroll's pattern; its going to be a full blown incest that focus on Miyuki.

Side note: I know just came here for the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
I would be laughing profusely if Mahouka manages to succeed where Oreimo failed.
Though I doubt it.
Oreimo failed because it ended half-ass. It would have been better if they went full straight incest.
Beside no matter what kind of ending there are people who would still complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molassus View Post

Though if the author doesn't plan on ending the series with incest, it begs the question why did he even make Miyuki romantically interested in her brother. He could have just made their relationship like normal siblings and the story would still be the same.
Eye candies; japs have taste for forbidden love stories. I prefer West Side Story or Romeo and Juliet tho. (Not talking about Mayumi's WSS as I am pretty sure I'd drop this if that happened.)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 09:22   Link #70
amtro
Distro

Actually he said that he made Miyuki Tatsuya's sister so that the focus wouldn't be on their relationship, or so that they could live under the same roof without fucking like rabbits.
Old 2015-04-09, 10:28   Link #71
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Actually he said that he made Miyuki Tatsuya's sister so that the focus wouldn't be on their relationship, or so that they could live under the same roof without fucking like rabbits.
Only to end with them doing just that.

Just saying I can't help, I'm way too psyched out about the news. This development came even earlier than I was betting on. (Vol 17)

Still, with about 4 more volumes to go, things could still go horrible wrong down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshamo View Post
I'm thinking I will stop supporting the author; if things continue like this, because the author will pull something that completely against the norm. I don't care about the ending, this route is sickening and immoral.
Yeah, like them not being related makes any real difference?

They're still the same people--regardless of blood ties. I'll never get why some people think one small detail is enough of a reason to damn a relationship that could mean happiness for the people involved. Immoral schmoral--I say they go for it, and I'd be damn proud of the creators if they decide to go all out with this route.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 11:39   Link #72
Echizen777

The volume is not even out and ti's confirmed that they are siblings by blood, it would have been ridiculous if they were not at this point, good. I wonder what Maya is planning.

Since Miyuki considers it's possible to see Tatsuya as a lover now things will get more interesting
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 11:48   Link #73
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

The amount of Onii-samas in this volume will be twice the amount of vol1-15 combined. Every sentence that comes out of Miyuki's mouth begins and ends with Onii-sama. That's her way of stepping up her game of winning his heart lol

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 12:01   Link #74
Ultragunner

things ain't looking good (for Tatsuya at least )

Is Satou really gonna head THAT way with Mahouka? I remember somewhere that he said in an interview that he was not planing for the incest route? or it's just me being silly???
Old 2015-04-09, 12:19   Link #75
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The volume is not even out and ti's confirmed that they are siblings by blood, it would have been ridiculous if they were not at this point, good. I wonder what Maya is planning.

Since Miyuki considers it's possible to see Tatsuya as a lover now things will get more interesting
Try reading between the lines. The implied "lie" is still there. The only thing that has changed is that now we know how Miyuki reacts, which we already knew to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
The amount of Onii-samas in this volume will be twice the amount of vol1-15 combined. Every sentence that comes out of Miyuki's mouth begins and ends with Onii-sama. That's her way of stepping up her game of winning his heart lol
If Tatsuya isn't her brother she might try calling him by name.
Old 2015-04-09, 12:23   Link #76
tigerdave

Okay, so this is still weird. The pink line in that article says:

"Tatsuya and Miyuki real brother and sister. However, by the conspiracy of Mayo Yotsuba, the "blood" relationship is negative"

So, does that mean that Tatsuya was created in a lab? How are they still brother and sister if they're not related by blood? Did Maya give Tatsuya a false blood test? Maybe something is lost in (Google) translation, and the statement says, "They're siblings by blood, but they're told otherwise for Maya Yotsuba's conspiracy"? Also, Google translate really did call Maya "Mayo Yotsuba".
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 12:24   Link #77
Jiminy

Based on the things stated here I would predict that this volume will be either epic or silly and boring. (or maybe something in between )

Anyway I already hate that cover. Looks like one of those cheap kitschy romance novels that can be bought at every kiosk. Well it seems the series wants a new image.

Furthermore that Tatsuya does not look like I think he is supposed to look like. But that's probably just my problem.

Miyuki out of control? I will have to skip a few pages when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
So, does that mean that Tatsuya was created in a lab? How are they still brother and sister if they're not related by blood? Did Maya give Tatsuya a false blood test?
Not related? No one said such.

Quote:
Also, Google translate really did call Maya "Mayo Yotsuba".
Yes. Strange but such things happen often. GT is not really good in translating Jap->Eng. BTW it's surprisingly good in translating Chinese.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-04-09 at 12:35.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 12:27   Link #78
Echizen777

Quote:
Okay, so this is still weird. The pink line in that article says:

"Tatsuya and Miyuki real brother and sister. However, by the conspiracy of Mayo Yotsuba, the "blood" relationship is negative"

So, does that mean that Tatsuya was created in a lab? How are they still brother and sister if they're not related by blood? Did Maya give Tatsuya a false blood test? Maybe something is lost in (Google) translation, and the statement says, "They're siblings by blood, but they're told otherwise for Maya Yotsuba's conspiracy"? Also, Google translate really did call Maya "Mayo Yotsuba".
No, it means that they are really siblings by blood. Maya is denying it because she is planning something and because of this, Miyuki thinks it's OK to consider Tatsuya as a love interest now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Miyuki out of control? I will have to skip a few pages when that happens.
I am dying to see this since forever .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 12:28   Link #79
amtro
Distro

Here's a tip: Don't use google translations and if you do, don't let it be your only referrence.
Old 2015-04-09, 12:44   Link #80
IceHism

lol, why did kana ishida switch styles all of a sudden just for this cover? Maybe the novel is gonna take a big change as well?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy