AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-18, 13:15   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I mean, it is just so steadily good, there isn't much to say. It's just... good, every week.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 19:06   Link #62
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It is a good series! Specially interesting is that unlike other 'previous season protagonist's kids' stories, the new characters aren't carbon copies or a mashup of other characters, but their own persons. And this is reflected in the series being very tonally different
I watched a few episodes of the original Major and never got into it. As you say Major 2nd is tonally different.

I started watching the second season. I will say the transition from end of season one to the opening of season two was a bit jarring given how the personnel had changed.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 19:29   Link #63
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I watched a few episodes of the original Major and never got into it. As you say Major 2nd is tonally different.

I started watching the second season. I will say the transition from end of season one to the opening of season two was a bit jarring given how the personnel had changed.
I never watched the original season, but am watching this one.
It blends a good story with plenty of female characters (with good character designs and good animation), which is always a great (but rare) combination.
Probably the reason I never cared about the original season. Not that I really know that much about it though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 19:53   Link #64
Decel

My first Major season too. So far so good. Feels halfway between typical baseball Shounen and an Adachi series.
Old 2020-10-19, 03:18   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So sad there were so few comments in this thread.

So I marathoned this series over the past few days. I have to say I found Daigo pretty hard-to-take in the early episodes when all he did was whine about why he hated baseball. He grew a lot in the story and become much more likeable as a result.

I will say I thought the closing episodes were something of an indictment of the way Japan handles mental illness. No one suggests that Daigo should meet with a therapist specializing in grief issues while he remains depressed for over two months. Instead we're left to believe helping their son cope with the enormous grief and sense of self-loathing he felt after the accident is something that parents are supposed to handle. Parents can help their kids in many ways, but sometimes you need professional help.

I'd say my favorite character overall was Andy. He was just so calm and insightful, especially when managing Urabe, but in other situations as well.
Well, if you followed my posts on S1 you’d have seen me pretty much saying that same thing over and over. Daigo was not well-served by the adults in his life - any of them. At the very least he needed loving consolation and he didn’t even get that, much less a chance to talk with a professional. I’d expect as much from his deadbeat dad, but folks like his mother and Toshiya really should have done better.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, sports