AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-09, 23:54   Link #61
HandofFate

glad they didn't make the dragon kill all the kids.

being a wolf, wonder if the captain goes berserk only during full moons
Old 2019-07-10, 02:12   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I do think he still retained enough of his sanity to let Hank kill him, but he still went crazy before as the cattle being eaten indicated.
Again, crazy or hungry? Because if you starve a sane man, he won't take it well either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 03:13   Link #63
Tenzen12

There is no need to make distinction.
Old 2019-07-10, 06:04   Link #64
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
glad they didn't make the dragon kill all the kids.

being a wolf, wonder if the captain goes berserk only during full moons
the villagers made the right decision to send off the kids to another place. I would have done the same if put in the same situation.

It's sad because things would have worked out somehow if only Will did not go crazy. The villagers treat him like a hero even if he now looks like a dragon. His daughter and the orphans accepted him even if he looks like a dragon. There is a man giving them food. The only real problem is sooner or later, the dragon would go berserk and kill everyone there including the kids and his own daughter.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 21:26   Link #65
Top Sergeant

I definitely got a True Grit vibe from this episode.
Old 2019-07-13, 08:24   Link #66
James Rye

I wonder if Bancroft had at night nightmares about his war and his ptsd triggered and thus he screamed and turned into his feral side as a means of protection. It's said to watch all those heroes like the father and Danny who set out to help their families and communities become something their families and friends fear. I guess the girl will be there at the end to kill the Captain once he killed all his former comrades but loses his humanity and is unable to kill himself due his "god" or "monster" side refusing to die and taking over his self like it did with the snake guy in episode 1.
Old 2019-07-14, 14:17   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts. First Impressions

Watched the first episode last Wednesday and wasn't much impressed at either the storyline or the character designs. Likewise, the animation seemed shabby and off from shot to shot, and the premise that the show sells has been tried before multiple times.

The super soldiers sent into the battlefield with the ominous knowledge that the more they unlock their bestial forms, the more they lose their human hearts little by little.

Probably, the first episode would've made more of an impact upon me had they exposed throughout the course of the episode the Incarnates' emotional frailty learning from experience that sooner they'll be turning forever into beasts, and as well the emotional toll impacting their personal relationships with each other and the world after the war.

When it comes to exploring the fragile state of the mind and the effects the transformation has on the characters and their relationship, then shows like Claymore and Tokyo Ghoul make a far better job than what Kemono-tachi has delivered at its beginning. However, I'll be staying for the second episode in order to give one more chance to any potential this show may harness given as to how the preview discloses the introduction of another character essential to the MC.

Last edited by Guido; 2019-07-14 at 14:30.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 17:09   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hank can only transform at night. I suppose that explains why he isn't afflicted like the others.

The episode was rather boring, good thing there was that tease at the end.
Old 2019-07-15, 17:29   Link #69
Nivek von Beldo

Fairy gone was better than this
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-15, 19:09   Link #70
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Man, they really are stripping the comedic relief bits from the manga, and that kinda changes Hank's original personality too. Hank is way too serious in the anime, while in the manga he was actually more chill and playful.
Old 2019-07-15, 20:03   Link #71
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Hunting the paranoid minotaur still waging war after everything is over. Sad but had to be put down as well. Nice fight, Hank's true power revealed.

Nancy is pretty with her hair down.
I think this thing that happened gave her a clear idea why the incarnates who went crazy need to be hunted by Hank.
Old 2019-07-15, 23:08   Link #72
Applehell

3 episodes in and I'm finding the series ok. Still better to me than Fairy Gone to me, but it's not exactly lighting season on fire. At least it is something to watch on Mondays aside from Cop Craft.

Quote:
Hank can only transform at night. I suppose that explains why he isn't afflicted like the others.
Not only that but I think Hank is only using a bit of his power enhance his human strength which is why his hair turns white.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 06:11   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@applehell

As captain of the incarnates, Hank probably has better control over his powers so the deterioration of his human mind is not as rapid as the others.

so I guess this show going at the "monster of the week" formula. Next week, we hunt a dinosaur!

as for the comparison to Fairy Gone. Katsute is far from perfect and has boring moments of it's own, but Fairy Gone is tormenting to watch beyond episode 1. Hank taichou and his gang wins for me. Will follow Katsute to the last ep.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-07-16 at 08:34.
Old 2019-07-16, 17:39   Link #74
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wouldn't be surprised if Hank was the "first incarnate" and thus had more power than the others. it's something they'd throw in later in the season to spice things up. i'm enjoying the show. i'm hoping they don't become too repetitive, but the intro of the new character and the reintroduction of second in command will probably stave that off.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 17:41   Link #75
Wandering Soul

Got to say that so far this series has been okay. Nothing really exciting, but it at least keeps me coming back.
Old 2019-07-18, 17:31   Link #76
James Rye

Liza is a huge asset(s, hehe) to Hank. So she is responsible for intel and resupply. Guess you need those kinda ressources if you are hunting down former heroes now being monstrous beasts. I wonder how long this fortress was standing though for the security guards to have turned into bones. Like he must have been building this castle for a very long time and at the end we see a beast hunting squad parading their hunt (I wonder how the other Incarnates feel about that) before the people yet they let this fort stand for who knows how long? Also this is so Elaine in that tank, right? Meaning there is a chance Hank gotta fight her or can free her some episode.

Theo was another victim of this war, clearly paranoid and mad due his fear of death by invisible enemies from possibly everywhere, wrecking his own town, spreading fear everyday among his people.At least he was able to end his life peacefully once he had no means left to avoid death.
Old 2019-07-18, 17:56   Link #77
Liddo-kun
is this so?

they now have a massive problem of demolishing the fortress, returning all the materials back to the owners, and rebuilding the houses that Theo tore down.
Old 2019-07-18, 18:07   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Theo was another victim of this war, clearly paranoid and mad due his fear of death by invisible enemies from possibly everywhere, wrecking his own town, spreading fear everyday among his people.At least he was able to end his life peacefully once he had no means left to avoid death.
In his case, it feels like he was mentally unstable from the start and shouldn't have ever been chosen.

How they're affected is a bit weird. The snake guy in the first episode went full feral, but the guys in ep 2 and 3 just became twisted.
Old 2019-07-19, 07:46   Link #79
videoman190

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 08:25   Link #80
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
In his case, it feels like he was mentally unstable from the start and shouldn't have ever been chosen.

How they're affected is a bit weird. The snake guy in the first episode went full feral, but the guys in ep 2 and 3 just became twisted.
We can add Will Bancroft to those starting to go feral. Although still partially self-aware.. there seems to be no battle at all, he just let himself be killed by Hank to protect Schaal and the other villagers.

Tags
alternate history, shonen