Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-06, 16:18   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He [Shinbo] was the chief director [of the original series]. There's a difference in my opinion.
Yeah, he was called chief director (総監督 "general director"). With "supervising director" I was trying to get across the idea that he was in the background, as opposed to actually doing the day-to-day work. My sense is that sometimes the "chief director" is the actual boss, with the "director" doing the day-to-day work, as I think in that case; and sometimes it seems he is like the director's executive assistant, and he is the one doing the day-to-day work. Do you think that's right?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 16:57   Link #62
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Nice to have this anime back .And the first episode is already Hidamari Sketch at its most Hidamari-Sketchy.
Old 2008-07-06, 17:00   Link #63
Jiji
*Scanlator

Personally, I think your read of the situation is right, at least that's how it often seems to me, Kaoru. Someone who is not the "day-to-day" (or "episode-to-episode") director can be either heavily involved or just an "enabler" or almost a producer-role. I suppose it depends on how new or inexperienced the director is. If he needs "bringing along" then the general director would be there every day giving advice or even orders: "no, that pacing is too slow" "your animators have gone off-design here. fix that." OTOH, if the directors know what they're doing, then he'd be only checking in once in a while, I suppose.

Personally, it seemed to me that he was fairly involved, since it certainly had his "trademarks" all over it, unmistakably a Shinbo show.

Of course, here we are talking about the first series, and we ought to be talking about the second! I have nothing really to add to the previous remarks -- just that it's delightful, I really like the better animation and the buildup to the Xcchi and the countdown was great. My heart skipped a beat, there. I would imagine this season is going to skip around like the last one did, and even though there is more from the early schoolyear to do, I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode was from somewhere in the fall or winter. Can't wait to see...
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:47   Link #64
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I get the feeling that, on average, Shinbo has grown more willing to be experimental and unrestrained in his style in recent times. You can see an obvious difference between Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and regular Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in that the latter is almost completely untempered and off-the-wall. If the first episode is any indication, it looks like it could be the same with Hidamari Sketch. There was such a variety of techniques in the first episode, a few of them new to Hidamari Sketch, and a general irregularity which is trademark Shinbo. This looks like another series where we're gonna have to hit the pause button regularly to catch all the stuff he puts up on the screen.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:01   Link #65
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um guys pls is this really a good anime

cuz you guys rant out its goodness and now your making me want to watch this
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:11   Link #66
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um guys pls is this really a good anime

cuz you guys rant out its goodness and now your making me want to watch this
Yeah this show is a good series to watch. There is a first season, this one is the second season, with the "X365" added to the title. Go watch it, its pretty funny and it has its share of good stories from the manga.

But back to topic, I just seen the first episode of this new season and I like the idea of going backwards with the story. Seems like its going to go in chronological order in terms of the months and seasons unlike the first season. I was really wondering in the first season about what happened to their first meeting...I was really looking forward to that part of the story. I guess they had to do it in this season and to those people who never read the manga before must have had questions about how they met in the first place.

The art is really different from the first season. Is it just me or is the animation really good this time around? I swear
Spoiler for first part:

Can't wait for the next episode.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 07:52   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Do you think that's right?
Yeah i'd go with what you stated. Sorry if i came across with a temper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I get the feeling that, on average, Shinbo has grown more willing to be experimental and unrestrained in his style in recent times. You can see an obvious difference between Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and regular Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, in that the latter is almost completely untempered and off-the-wall. If the first episode is any indication, it looks like it could be the same with Hidamari Sketch.
I'm just going by my experience with Shinbo over these many years, though i don't think we're going to see the level of complete madness we did in Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei here. The thing with Shinbo, as a director is that he grows up along side the show's he's working on, you can see how he progresses from each one onto the next, taking along what sticks with him, what he wants to use again. That's what i believe we'll see in X365.
Old 2008-07-07, 10:18   Link #68
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Btw, I'm a little curious about the "distracted girl"'s character. Was she in the first series? I know the one keeping an eye on the exam room was that upperclassman from the Sports Day one.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 10:51   Link #69
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

man after ep one im soo watching this!!!!!!!! and also gonna watch season 1

ill just finish this ep then head to season 1 and i ll try finishing it in 2 days
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 18:58   Link #70
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm just going by my experience with Shinbo over these many years, though i don't think we're going to see the level of complete madness we did in Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei here. The thing with Shinbo, as a director is that he grows up along side the show's he's working on, you can see how he progresses from each one onto the next, taking along what sticks with him, what he wants to use again. That's what i believe we'll see in X365.
We're obviously not going to see the same level of madness here as we saw in ZSZS because they're two very different series, but I do think we're going to see something that's a little more untamed and experimental than the first Hidamari Sketch.
Old 2008-07-07, 19:10   Link #71
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I was hoping for them to show Miayko's interview with the principal (was it the principal??) and her cold. That was pretty funny in the manga.
Does that explain why it appeared Miyako had failed to gain admission but later is allowed into the school? We see the weepy Miya-chan when the results are announced, and Sae and Hiro feeling sorry for her from afar. Then suddenly she's part of the gang. Maybe they'll get back to this in a later episode?

There was a lot of English in this episode (e.g., the "boy" and "girl" exam takers). Were these added by the subbers, or is the English in the original? (I could go dig up a raw, but it's easier just to ask here! )

Glad to see Hidamari back.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 19:15   Link #72
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Does that explain why it appeared Miyako had failed to gain admission but later is allowed into the school? We see the weepy Miya-chan when the results are announced, and Sae and Hiro feeling sorry for her from afar. Then suddenly she's part of the gang. Maybe they'll get back to this in a later episode?

There was a lot of English in this episode (e.g., the "boy" and "girl" exam takers). Were these added by the subbers, or is the English in the original? (I could go dig up a raw, but it's easier just to ask here! )

Glad to see Hidamari back.
It's Shinbo. I'd be willing to bet the English was in the original.

As far as Miyako is concerned, well, this is Miyako we're talking about, and she doesn't exactly react to things as most people would. For all we know, she might have just had a cold (in fact, I suspected that at the time).
Old 2008-07-07, 20:16   Link #73
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
It's Shinbo. I'd be willing to bet the English was in the original.
Speaking as one who watched the raw of episode 1, I can confirm you've won that bet.
Old 2008-07-07, 20:17   Link #74
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Btw, I'm a little curious about the "distracted girl"'s character. Was she in the first series? I know the one keeping an eye on the exam room was that upperclassman from the Sports Day one.
I don't think she is in the first series at all, unless it's a background character. No lines at all I think.

Quote:

There was a lot of English in this episode (e.g., the "boy" and "girl" exam takers). Were these added by the subbers, or is the English in the original? (I could go dig up a raw, but it's easier just to ask here!
In the manga, Miya-chan is weepy-looking from afar due to her cold only. I think part of the joke with Miya-chan in general is that she gives the impression of a slacker but she's actually not. I have a feeling that only Yunocchi is going to see this aspect of her over time.

And yeah, the english stuff on the screen is in the raws. Shinbo is fun.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:11   Link #75
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
A beautiful epsiode, and not just because of the production values. As an "origin story" for Hidamari Sketch, it was a lot of fun.

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch x365 Episode 1:

And the Motivator strikes back!

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketch x365 episode 1:

Last edited by Michael Hopcroft; 2008-07-07 at 23:32.
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 00:00   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

character/seiyuu pics page

I've updated my page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus by adding Chika, Natsume, the landlady (Oya-san), and Ume-sensei.

Here is a pic of the four main cast members with the mangaka (click to enlarge):

(l-r): Gotou Yuuko (Hiro), Mizuhashi Kaori (Miyako), mangaka Aoki Ume (Ume-sensei), Asumi Kana (Yuno), Shintani Ryoko (Sae)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 06:39   Link #77
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
No not really, she was already accepted when she got to the acceptance results. It was just that she had a cold.
Spoiler for manga:

There were about 2 four koma slots of Miyako's cold and it was pretty funny...I don't know why they didn't really include it in the first episode...maybe they'll include it in episode 2...maybe.
Because the gang will probably want to know how did Miyako get in when Hiro and Sae saw her crying at the acceptance results.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 07:45   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
but I do think we're going to see something that's a little more untamed and experimental than the first Hidamari Sketch.
We already have in the first episode. Now my imagination is wide open, and ready to expect anything (though like we've stated, not Zoku level ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
I don't think she is in the first series at all, unless it's a background character. No lines at all I think.
Indeed, she was not in the first series. Though i rather like the focus she is given in the first episode, even if it is to do with Hiro. Oh that and finding out her test results --- maybe she'll appear again in this season.
Old 2008-07-08, 15:36   Link #79
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
I just realized something interesting about the first episode.

Spoiler for Hidamari Sketchs x365 episode 1:
Old 2008-07-08, 19:45   Link #80
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
Quote:
Indeed, she was not in the first series. Though i rather like the focus she is given in the first episode, even if it is to do with Hiro. Oh that and finding out her test results --- maybe she'll appear again in this season.
I perused through the second and third volume, and seems she ain't there either. Maybe she's from the light novels?
Looking through them, I noticed two other recurring classmates in Yuno's and Miya's homeroom. Maybe she'll be a shoe-in for them.

I'm hoping they animate Sae and Hiro's "trouble in paradise", if you know what I mean.

Quote:
I just realized something interesting about the first episode.
Spoiler for Hidamari Sketchs x365 episode 1:
Yeah, it kinda looked like she was making them from scratch at the beginning, but I think the scene flashes briefly showing the "instant" variety. SHAFT had me confused at that point.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen, sequel, shaft, slice of life