AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-25, 12:32   Link #61
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
If I remember right the first season was meant to be a 26 episode run right after the show aired the writers had no chose but to rewrite the entire script in a day...

Nope. More like they were hired to do 13 episodes, but had ideas to fill even more.
The show was never cut short when it aired.

Quote:
Firstly, I own a copy of the business proposal for Symphogear. I haven't had time to scan it yet, but you can see a picture of it above. This particular version is dated in August of 2011, a good half a year before Symphogear even started airing. In this proposal the number of episodes is 12-13 and it specifically lists it as being "1 cour." So all indications show that it was never planned to be anything longer.
Based on the rest of that blog post, it was more like somebody had too many ideas, but only a single cour of episodes was ordered. Seems that they wanted to make more than one cour, but the budget was never cut from a six-month broadcast to three. The budget was never for any longer.

I'd say there's a difference here, since it wasn't that the companies were flip-flopping about how much budget they wanted to provide, but rather that the budget was always one cour, and the writers struggled to reconcile that with their ideas.

Or at least, that was the case. I mean, we are seeing a second season, after all.

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-05-25 at 12:48.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 14:27   Link #62
maplehurry

Not happy. Because this means they are going to die this time
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:34   Link #63
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Looking forward to the Engrish.
Old 2013-05-25, 22:40   Link #64
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Not happy. Because this means they are going to die this time
I would be more than happy if Hibiki would die. She is annoying and Yuki Aoi is terrible singer
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 00:06   Link #65
solidvanz
Special Operative

Spoiler for Symphogear G Story:

Source: http://symphogear.blogspot.tw/2013/0...r-g-story.html
Old 2013-05-26, 03:57   Link #66
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Yuki Aoi is terrible singer
Lies. Filthy, horrible, awful lies.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:20   Link #67
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Lies. Filthy, horrible, awful lies.
Comparing to Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki she is horrible singer. And yeah, you probably didn't hear Incertitude (Original Ver.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feshbjPE1Tw
Old 2013-05-26, 05:19   Link #68
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I was being facetious, but that's kind of besides the point. You don't need to be a good singer in the technical sense to be an entertaining one, and I happen to quite like Hibiki's songs.
Old 2013-05-26, 05:35   Link #69
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I don't mind Yuki Aoi as seiyuu but her singing is totally generic. Especially while they have 3 very good singers in Symphogear main cast(I mean Nana Mizuki, Ayahi Takagaki and Minami Takayama). And I don't like Hibiki as character BTW. She is your typical shounen protagonist
Old 2013-05-26, 06:53   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Put in Saito Chiwa and she will sing well. I can guarantee it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:23   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

Only Takagaki has been confirmed for the ED, but I'm almost certain we'll get another Nana Mizuki OP. Which should be awesome.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:35   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

http://www.mizukinana.jp/news/index.html#news212

Confirmed Nana OP
Old 2013-05-26, 20:38   Link #73
Midonin
Last Engage

Musical consistency with the first season, and two great singers at that.

Though I wonder if the ED's going to go all freaky with its visuals again.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 15:28   Link #74
Shyni

Quote:
And I don't like Hibiki as character BTW. She is your typical shounen protagonist
I don't watch much shounen but, do shounen protags typically have maintaining their normal everyday life as a major motivation? She specifically said along the lines of "I have things I need to protect, even something small like a promise or my bland everyday life". And in the manga, she refuses to miss school because it lets her be herself.

Spoiler for near the end of season 1:

(wait, do we need to keep something like this in spoilers?)

She does say that she wants to help people with her powers, but at least she knows how her own life would be affected if she didn't. That's better than "comes great responsibility" as a character motivation, since she's partially doing it for herself without really being selfish about it. If that makes sense.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 15:33   Link #75
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

But her behavior with all this pathetic speeches, overcoming and idealism is totally typical for your avarage shounen protags. And still she is the least interesting from the main heroines. And I think that Yuki Aoi don't deserve the main role in a this music anime, cause she totally lacks as a singer comparing to Nana Mizuki, Minami Takayama and Ayahi Takagaki. I could imagine why she get this role but I don't like it. Cauase for this show main seiyuu cast need to bee good singers and this is right only for other three and not for her.
Old 2013-05-28, 16:23   Link #76
zoid9000

Quote:
And I think that Yuki Aoi don't deserve the main role in a this music anime, cause she totally lacks as a singer comparing to Nana Mizuki, Minami Takayama and Ayahi Takagaki. I could imagine why she get this role but I don't like it. Cauase for this show main seiyuu cast need to bee good singers and this is right only for other three and not for her.
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps she was chosen for her talent as an actor? Or perhaps because she expressed enthusiasm at the opportunity to further her skills as a singer? Sure, Symphogear is an anime with an emphasis on music but the characters only sing one or two songs at most. In fact, a large majority of the series is about the characters themselves and their development, and frankly it just wouldn't have been the same without Aoi Yuuki (at least for me, as Hibiki is far and away my favorite character). Personally I think Hibiki's spunky and up-beat personality was really enhanced by Aoi Yuuki's enthusiastic and passionate acting, which is demonstrated in one of the most memorable scenes of the series.

Anyway, just because Nana and Ayahi have a great record of singing doesn't mean they should automatically be cast as the main, or that Aoi's talent should be looked down upon because she's "lacking" compared to them, which is clearly to be expected as she hasn't had as much experience. But aside from that fact, you don't seem to acknowledge that all the Symphogear songs are sung IN CHARACTER, meaning they all have to keep the persona of their character while singing. I like Chris's songs but they are far from the best example of Ayahi's singing talent and in the same way Hibiki's songs are far from being a good example of Aoi's capacity to sing. Have you heard any of her work with DECO*27? Heart's Homing Instinct and Sugar Loop are prime examples of great singing. I also love her cover of Maaya Sakamoto's Platinum. So yeah, it'd be nice if you could stop disrespecting her just because you don't like Hibiki. And if you don't like her character or her singing, why are you even watching Symphogear? Nana and Ayahi are in plenty of other anime you could watch and not fill threads with mundane complaints.
zoid9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 17:12   Link #77
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I just think that the singing abilities should be one of the main factors while choosing the cast for show there music plays quite large part. So it bothers me than there are quite generic singer with "nothing special" voice among the good once in main cast. And yeah, I really think that she got the role just because she is quite popular seiyuu now, more popular than Ayahi(which is my favorite seiyuu BTW) for exampl, or because her connections with producers of the show.

Yeah. I'm being subjective here cause I don't like Hibiki. But you being subjective too.

1. Yuki's Songs you posted as an example are all studio works. It doesn't mean she would sing them the same good live. While Nana could sing the same good live and Ayahi too.
2. Her voice is totally generic. She doesn't have anything special with it.

I didn't like Symphogear not because of Hibiki(there are enough other good characters) but because of ruined scenario but I still hope for better.

And It's actually abnormal to be bothered cause someone has opposite opinion than yours. I don't plan to argue with anyone just described my personal opinion. Nothing more
Old 2013-05-28, 17:16   Link #78
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

I think it's worth noting that Hibiki, unlike Tsubasa, is not supposed to be a pro singer. Is it really that big of a deal if she doesn't sound as good as other characters when it comes to singing? I also really don't think Ayahi Takagaki sounds any better than Aoi Yuuki in this when singing Chris' songs, so I don't get why you're focusing on criticising Aoi Yuuki in particular.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 17:26   Link #79
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

No one says it's bad. Just... strange IMHO
Old 2013-05-28, 17:54   Link #80
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Her voice is totally generic.
It's totally not. The voice she does for Hibiki is really distinct.

Tags
action, badass girls, beautiful girls, cliffhangers, sequel