3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-14, 20:57   Link #61
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The only "bad writing" I could see in this episode is that people were faster at sprinting towards Annie from 50 meters away than she was at biting her hand.
Armin shoots the gun and annie looks around to see what's up and is surprised by the people running at her. At least that's what I made myself believe.
Old 2013-09-14, 21:00   Link #62
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
She did smile in the manga, the laughter make her more crazy.?!
It's just very OOC, makes her look like she's demented or something and enjoyed killing all those people when we have no indication that this is the case. Annie was always calm and collected and the way she avoided killing people unless attacked or in the way also shows that she was a woman on a mission rather than just on a rampage.

Spoiler for short manga comparison, no spoilers:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:05   Link #63
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It's just very OOC, makes her look like she's demented or something and enjoyed killing all those people when we have no indication that this is the case. Annie was always calm and collected and the way she avoided killing people unless attacked or in the way also shows that she was a woman on a mission rather than just on a rampage.

I think she had a psychotic break. She just killed dozens of people. Her so called friends betrayed her. She realized she was cornered. She failed her mission to retrieve Eren. She realized she can't stay in the walls anymore as her identity has been compromised. She's probably running on a few hours of sleep.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:07   Link #64
Haigon

Quote:

She lost it. It's very common for soldiers, especially the child ones.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:08   Link #65
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

People having psychotic breaks don't usually look like their are having an orgasm >_>
Old 2013-09-14, 21:16   Link #66
shalala

As much as I liked the ep. I found it a bit too fast. I would have liked it better if there was some bits about the Recon's plan to catch Annie.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:17   Link #67
peskylemur25

Quote:
People having psychotic breaks don't usually look like their are having an orgasm >_>
And how would you know? Some people might have that expression to bad i haven't someone like that lol. It possible she thrill for the final battle.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:33   Link #68
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:

Read the manga again.
SPOILER FOR MANGA PANEL

There is very clearly a laughing sound effect after she smiles
Old 2013-09-14, 21:36   Link #69
Friday
Im shy too...

I knew it....but I wish it wasn't

from what I seen....
Spoiler for hmmm:
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:37   Link #70
normp571

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
That was just P.I.S honestly this whole human titan thing with them healing in human form is starting to sound like unfleshed out writing filled with plot insinuated stupidity.

I not going to spoil anything...but this is semi-explained letter on.
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:41   Link #71
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
At least that's what I made myself believe.
Ya I pretty much just make myself believe things like this too and move on. Helps me enjoy the anime more.

Also I'm assuming Armin fired an empty shot of the flare gun? Cause nothing came out, that thing would have smoked up the entire tunnel entrance otherwise.

[mod edit: cannot ask about this]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-15 at 11:35. Reason: removed comment in violation of Rule 1.1
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:52   Link #72
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
And how would you know? Some people might have that expression to bad i haven't someone like that lol. It possible she thrill for the final battle.
Fair point, though it's still OOC for her to react like that, in my eyes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Read the manga again.
SPOILER FOR MANGA PANEL

There is very clearly a laughing sound effect after she smiles
From what I was told there's only the smirking sound effect (top) and the heavy heartbeats (bottom). No laughter in that page.
Old 2013-09-14, 22:02   Link #73
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I have no problems with Annie's laugh. It just made that moment so much better.

Annie was cornered and there was nothing she could do. She failed to capture Eren and was betrayed by her friends and murdered all those people. All hope is now lost. The only thing she could do at that crucial moment was laugh.

Insanity will eventually kick in to even the most calm and collected of people.

What I found truly amazing was that big dude's parkour skillz.

Did you see that?

Spoiler for Behold!:
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:13   Link #74
VTHokiePride

When I saw all the people running at her I was thinking that the common people were in on the plan? Silly me

Anyway, I'm not surprised plan broke down. I assume Eren had no idea what was going on correct? Or was he also speculating that Annie was a Titan during the expedition?
Old 2013-09-14, 22:19   Link #75
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I forgot to ask, was Eren/Armin trying to lure Annie into the underground path to save her from the Survey Corps' trap, or were they trying to prevent her from changing into a titan by entrapping her in an enclosed area?
How would luring Annie underground save her from the Survey Corps trap? She wouldn't be able to defensively transform, since she'd just trap herself underground. It's the same reason why they imprisoned Eren in a deep underground dungeon. If Armin suspected that Annie was the female Titan and wanted to help her, the last thing he'd do is lure here someplace where she wouldn't be able to transform to defend herself.

...there's also the fact that the ambush got initiated by Armin firing a flare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The only "bad writing" I could see in this episode is that people were faster at sprinting towards Annie from 50 meters away than she was at biting her hand.
That's not writing. That's how they just happened to interpret the scene in an over the top way. In the manga the guys jump out at her from a very close distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Spoiler for hmmm:
No, she didn't want to go into the tunnel because a tunnel is the most vulnerable place a titan shifter can be. If she transforms underground, she essentially buries herself alive, pinning her in place just like when the Recon Corps had her harpooned. They'd be able to blast and dig her out at their leisure. Escape would be impossible. She could kill a few of her attackers by transforming like that...but the Recon corps is prepared to take casualties to bring her down anyway, and Annie probably doesn't want to get herself killed or captured.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-09-14 at 22:33.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:32   Link #76
Actuarially Sound

Annie being the female titan makes sense to me. It provides a semi answer to an earlier episode and a further question on my part.

The answer it provided, was that during the attack on Trost episodes, there was one scene in which Jean had just stolen the 3DM gear off from dead soldier and was about to climb to safety when an abnormal(?) titan popped out of nowhere. The next scene flashes to a facial picture of Annie, slowly closing her eyes. The next thing you see is some random explosions within a row of houses from a far away vantage point. Then you see Jean, Annie, Marco, and Connie all safely landing on the top portion of the wall, safe and sound. I suppose somehow Annie maybe morphed an arm or something and slapped the Titan away? Although curious that Jean and no one else noticed it. Or maybe Annie just used Titan-speak to say "back off"?

The question it prompted for me, was why did we see Annie saving Jean in the first place? Furthermore, why did she seem so apologetic towards a dead soldier (Not sure if it was Marco or someone that was stuck in a Titan hairball)? She sure didn't value human life very much when she was trying to capture Eren. Even during the latest episode, AFTER she had already learned Eren was a Titan, and AFTER personally killing at the very least 10+ recon soldiers outside the walls, she goes and defends Marlow from those senior Military officers.

I'm sure this will probably get better explained in later episodes, but for now it just boggles my mind a bit.
Actuarially Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:35   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I know people say Shingeki has no moe, but how can you look at Little Blonde Riding Hood and say that?

Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 22:36   Link #78
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

I wouldn't say it's out of character.
I mean you saw her as a Titan? She was brutal and killed people in cruel and unusual ways, such as when spinning that one guy who begged for his life.
Old 2013-09-14, 22:39   Link #79
Preciize
Them Feels~

In the beginning when it showed her father talk, does it mean it's not uncommon for titans to take human form? Or was she a human who went through some kind of transformation?
Old 2013-09-14, 22:41   Link #80
Snow White
★ Starlight Breaker ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actuarially Sound View Post
The answer it provided, was that during the attack on Trost episodes, there was one scene in which Jean had just stolen the 3DM gear off from dead soldier and was about to climb to safety when an abnormal(?) titan popped out of nowhere. The next scene flashes to a facial picture of Annie, slowly closing her eyes. The next thing you see is some random explosions within a row of houses from a far away vantage point. Then you see Jean, Annie, Marco, and Connie all safely landing on the top portion of the wall, safe and sound. I suppose somehow Annie maybe morphed an arm or something and slapped the Titan away? Although curious that Jean and no one else noticed it. Or maybe Annie just used Titan-speak to say "back off"?
Nah, you're overthinking things. I think it was just an incomplete animation, so the studio used a still shot. I remember aside from that still shot, there were purple bricks too.

Don't worry, those will be fixed in the BD.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the reveal