4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 7.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-06, 21:47   Link #61
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

I gave this episode 1/10 not because of the quality of the episode but because of the content in it, i hate NTR, especially when it's associated with this series. Even though i know that Ise will get her back, it doesn't change how rage inducing it was for me to see her with that face attacking Ise. The episode itself was done fairly well imo, idc that it doesn't follow the ln, i just wish that they avoided this situation entirely.
Old 2015-06-06, 21:47   Link #62
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Wait, you actually take the Anime seriously? O_O
i just laugh when i hear the arcade fighting voice yelling out "Boost" all the time lol
No, that's my point, doesn't matter what media, DxD is not suposed to be taken seriously. You people overreact too much over changes that don't even affect the continuity of an average story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
But that is the statement, as long as it continues to sell. And while pre-sales may have been high, after this, I know I am not the only one that worries that sales are not going to be enough to justify a 4th season. It is really stupid of a studio to make changes in anticipation of another season, when they are basing it on season-by-season sales. Personally I am very worried about there not being a 4th season because of what was done this season. So what may or may not be done for volumes 9 and 10 are really irrelevant.
Sales are the only thing that matters for future seasons. Specially in cases like this where the series in question is the only source of profit the studio has. Besides that, when BorN was first announced June of last year, Ishibumi said TNK would gladly do a S4 and 5 if sales keep up.

About the NTR stuff, come on, the doppelganger didn't even kiss her. Seriously, you people think anything major will happen in that direction? Sheesh.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:51   Link #63
Ixxnar
Cake Decorator

please help a newbie out and explain what ntr means?
Thanks
Ixxnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:57   Link #64
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixxnar View Post
please help a newbie out and explain what ntr means?
Thanks
NTR is short for Netorare, it basically means stealing someone who is in a relationship through dirty means like blackmail or in this case magic.
Old 2015-06-06, 21:59   Link #65
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
I gave this episode 1/10 not because of the quality of the episode but because of the content in it, i hate NTR, especially when it's associated with this series. Even though i know that Ise will get her back, it doesn't change how rage inducing it was for me to see her with that face attacking Ise. The episode itself was done fairly well imo, idc that it doesn't follow the ln, i just wish that they avoided this situation entirely.
Except that Ise clone was created by Rias herself.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:08   Link #66
Nicaea

Tbh it's a good thing Ishibumi helped writing this AO. I personally found the dilemma with Reynare pretty easy to spot in the LN, but it's not like we all have the same perception of things. Besides when thinking of the difference in medium, people would whine if you didn't sprinkle hints left and right. Not to mention that there's shows with worse AO, like Owari no Seraph.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:17   Link #67
Weather
Wonder Wind

Oh my god... this week... is gonna be shit covered gold.

8/10 episode for me, they are playing the insecurities WAY more seriously and darker in the anime than in the LN which where resolved either offscreen or in the span of a couple of pages (AND YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE GODDAMIT).

My only issue was the Asia fixing things... it was quite rushed but ok.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 22:26   Link #68
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Will be honest, the autoNTR made the chapter for me...
Not gonna lie, I'm semi-expecting Rias to be in some crazy outfit next week like some hilarious cliche that goes with it. Can't wait.

That said, I usually avoid this thread like the plague, but after watching the ep I figured there's bound to be some high-quality reactions to be had. Was not disappointed.
Old 2015-06-06, 22:51   Link #69
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
But that is the statement, as long as it continues to sell. And while pre-sales may have been high, after this, I know I am not the only one that worries that sales are not going to be enough to justify a 4th season.
May have been? Go look up my post in the season 3 general thread that covers the stalker points clarification and the consistent ranking at other retailers besides Amazon, which all editions have above 4k in points. Above 5k sales is very likely at this point with it selling between 6-8k.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 00:18   Link #70
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well i must say this is a fascinating episode. As i said in another of my lectures you have to look at both your fan perspective and an evaluators perspective. As a fan and a "source purist" this episode disgusts me for various reasons. Most of those reasons are from the fact that they've devalued the most important element of what made the original JD so good which was Asia's role in everything.
As for this Anime original idea i will say this it will either be REALLY GOOD. Or it will be really bad. It doesnt take a genius to know that it will be resolved the question is wat are they up to.

As an evaluator and ignoring my fan opinion. The episode didnt feel right. not that anything they've done is wrong but it feels like something really bizzare is coming. Even though its Rias and issei playing a key role it feels like this is more about another character involved which is Rossweise. Although getting into my thoughts further is reckless i'll say this. They're making a bold move with this arc though how the next 2 episodes go are a comical thing for sure.

6/10 because of the fact that well its good there's too many things that dont seem right.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 00:51   Link #71
sky black swordman

A very good episode overall (despite being anime original).

Now I understand that the Issei clone was created from Rias's insecurities about her relationship with Issei through Loki's curse. But I thought that she would notice or sense something was wrong by the way he was acting.
Old 2015-06-07, 00:54   Link #72
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
A very good episode overall (despite being anime original).

Now I understand that the Issei clone was created from Rias's insecurities about her relationship with Issei through Loki's curse. But I thought that she would notice or sense something was wrong by the way he was acting.
She was(even before and will be after that) lusting his D, if not even Koneko managed to see the difference, how would she?
Old 2015-06-07, 01:29   Link #73
Archilla

Interesting to see TNK hit the emotional development. Personally, I think they went this route to shift focus to Rias for the end of the season instead of Asia. They're pining hard for S4. I sure hope we get it.

Reflectively, I'm giggling about Asia's half-assed, random chest exposure. They realized the episode was entirely serious and were like "shit, we've gotta get at least one flash in there..."

@Malicre: Give us a break, bruh. I could set my watch to your baiting these days.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 01:57   Link #74
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
She was(even before and will be after that) lusting his D, if not even Koneko managed to see the difference, how would she?
Koneko only saw/knew that the Issei clone looked the same as Issei and had an similar aura. She never saw how the Issei clone behaved. I would think that with Issei being the one Rias loves and wants to marry, she would know him a bit better than Koneko.
Old 2015-06-07, 02:11   Link #75
I Was Just Drifting
So Where Were We?

Lack of animation aside (they couldn't animate Gasper stopping time; how much trouble is freeze frames worth?) this so-called original episode confirms to me that High School DxD BorN has come out to announce itself as the love child of Ishibumi's light novels and that one source Japan doesn't so readily accept, the superhero genre. BorN accepts the principle that its characters are not alleged slice-of-life kids with powers, but a pantheon of gods among us, immortals whose magnanimous powers twist and contort at the mercy of their all-too human fears and hubris (the casting of Loki as the key villain is so perfect and ironic given the ubiquity of American comics in film and tv).

That Yanagisawa and TNK would choose for Rias to fall prey to a curse incarnate means they are charting fairly alien territory; the loneliness and responsibility as ORC's faultless leader now drive Rias's jealousy and desire to be loved by Issei. That Rias's foibles haven't amounted into more shattered rooftops stands as a knock on Ishibumi's novels rather than TNK's scripts (the pool scene in NEW is the closest we've gotten to her ego at its most carelessly explosive, but really, what peril and heartbreak came from it?).

In fact, that wasn't the only shattered rooftop we got to watch; the first would come courtesy of Asia, who unveils a Twilight Healing so powerful she burns the clothes off her heart and blows a hole in the Gremory estate. It's cool to think that Asia's devotion to God is so unfailing in resolve that not only can she undo real estate in Hell, but Azazel probably kept everyone away from her for a moment so any devil nearby could avoid a most faith-inducing migraine.

I must say as a harem series, High School DxD refuses to dumb down its avengers, and BorN embraces the idea that if Issei's stakes must raise sky high (with JD), why can't everyone else's? Why not find Rias so unrewarded in her duty that she can't help but get caught in a delusion? Why not give Asia an opportunity to be stronger after her harmlessness nearly cost Issei his sanity? Why not cast the ORC as Rias's saviors, and not just the other way around as established many times before?

And why not make Loki the jerk who gets the ass-kicking he so rightfully deserves?
I Was Just Drifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 03:14   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A number of posts are being reviewed for moderation and may result in bans.

1) No flamebaiting
2) No comparisons to the novel outside of spoiler tags
3) No information from outside the anime outside of spoiler tags

Please be civil and constructive in your posting.
Old 2015-06-07, 04:25   Link #77
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Was Just Drifting View Post
Why not cast the ORC as Rias's saviors,
A female that needs rescuing...sighs im so sick of that trope. done it for season 1 pls not again
Old 2015-06-07, 04:40   Link #78
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I hate it >_<
Old 2015-06-07, 05:07   Link #79
The 48th Ronin

The Ban-hammer will strike again, I suppose.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 05:41   Link #80
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
You know, I might use the Mjölnir Hammer on Loki after watching this episode. That goddamn prankster god!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote