AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 18:28   Link #61
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
NewType revealed a while ago that she was the lost princess to the Great Empire, at least that's what the trusty duckroll said anyway. Any idea where the info on Adene and the Spiral King came from, though?
No idea, it was on Wiki and ofcourse as you know they never cited stuffs. Their name however appear several times in blogs and 2ch. You can do some google search. I am trying to find NewType scan about Nia, couldn't find one too

Ah.. nvm I found something>

I will translate later after work :\. Episode 10 title is definitely talking to Shimon asking about who Kamina is.

10話 アニキっていったい誰ですか?(6/3)
脚本:佐伯昭志 演出:栗本宏志 絵コンテ:木村隆一 作画監督:中村章子、平田雄三

・ニュータイプあらすじ
シモンが連れてきた少女ニアが螺旋王ロージェノムの娘だと知り、
動揺を隠せない大グレン団。
シモンは敵の情報を聞き出す役を押し付けられるが、
ニアに問われるまま、カミナとの絆を語るのだった。

・アニメージュあらすじ
シモンが連れてきた少女ニアは敵の螺旋王ロージェノムの娘だった。
動揺を隠せない大グレン団。
挙句敵の情報を聞き出そうと尋問を試みるが
上手くいかず、シモンに押し付ける始末。

・アニメディアあらすじ
シモンが連れて来た少女・ニアが敵の螺旋王・ロージェムの娘だと判明した。
動揺する大グレン団はニアから敵の情報を聞き出そうとするが失敗し、
ニアをシモンに押し付けることにする。
シモンは、ニアに求められるまま、カミナとの強い絆について語り始める。
一方、姫であるニアが捕われたことに躊躇し、戦いをやめた
四天王・アディーネだったが、都でロージェムに責められたことから、
再び戦おうと出撃する。
ニアは戦うために現れたアディーネに、都に連れて行くように依頼する。
それは、事態の真相をロージェムに確かめるためだった

Last edited by quina; 2007-05-20 at 18:42.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:57   Link #62
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
No idea, it was on Wiki and ofcourse as you know they never cited stuffs. Their name however appear several times in blogs and 2ch. You can do some google search. I am trying to find NewType scan about Nia, couldn't find one too

Ah.. nvm I found something>

I will translate later after work :\. Episode 10 title is definitely talking to Shimon asking about who Kamina is.

10話 アニキっていったい誰ですか?(6/3)
脚本:佐伯昭志 演出:栗本宏志 絵コンテ:木村隆一 作画監督:中村章子、平田雄三

・ニュータイプあらすじ
シモンが連れてきた少女ニアが螺旋王ロージェノムの娘だと知り、
動揺を隠せない大グレン団。
シモンは敵の情報を聞き出す役を押し付けられるが、
ニアに問われるまま、カミナとの絆を語るのだった。

・アニメージュあらすじ
シモンが連れてきた少女ニアは敵の螺旋王ロージェノムの娘だった。
動揺を隠せない大グレン団。
挙句敵の情報を聞き出そうと尋問を試みるが
上手くいかず、シモンに押し付ける始末。

・アニメディアあらすじ
シモンが連れて来た少女・ニアが敵の螺旋王・ロージェムの娘だと判明した。
動揺する大グレン団はニアから敵の情報を聞き出そうとするが失敗し、
ニアをシモンに押し付けることにする。
シモンは、ニアに求められるまま、カミナとの強い絆について語り始める。
一方、姫であるニアが捕われたことに躊躇し、戦いをやめた
四天王・アディーネだったが、都でロージェムに責められたことから、
再び戦おうと出撃する。
ニアは戦うために現れたアディーネに、都に連れて行くように依頼する。
それは、事態の真相をロージェムに確かめるためだった
Sauce? :P

Yeah, that's pretty much it. :P
Old 2007-05-20, 19:30   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But those pupils on Nia don't look physiologically possible for an organic lifeform. They still look like Nono's. Even Viral's pupils are following the form for organic lifeforms.

I'll just have to wait for the info on the Spiral King.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:33   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But those pupils on Nia don't look physiologically possible for an organic lifeform. They still look like Nono's. Even Viral's pupils are following the form for organic lifeforms.
Hmm, maybe her eyes have something to do with royalty?
Old 2007-05-20, 19:39   Link #65
7Th
Mixtape

Bah I suck, but I did something with Animedia's:

Nia, the girl who Simon accompanies when he finally re-encounters with Yoko and the rest of his team, turns out to be the daughter of the Spiral King, an entity non human or beast-men. The Great-Gurren-Dan, despite Simon's negatives, attempts to draw information about the enemy from the girl but they fail despite their efforts. Simon finally convinces them to be left alone with Nia and they start talking about what are emotional bonds. Nia then questions him about the one who he calls brother.

Suddenly, they're attacked by the second of the Four Spiral Heaven Generals, Adene. However, she doesn't dares to attack due to her enemies being in possession of Nia. Then it says something on the Capital and an offering from the General girl.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:40   Link #66
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, maybe her eyes have something to do with royalty?
No, it's not following certain principles. Pupils are usually dark to allow maximum light in and can expand and contract. Her pupils are cross shaped like Nono's. Something's not quite right here.

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-20 at 19:54. Reason: easier to post link
Old 2007-05-20, 19:57   Link #67
quina

well Animedia's one offers the most info: I don't think I need to translate the rest...

Anyway this is for episode 9:

9話 サブタイトル未定(5/27)
脚本:中島かずき 演出:岩崎太郎 絵コンテ:大塚雅彦 作画監督:向井隆

・ニュータイプあらすじ
シモンは、コントロールが定まらなくなったラガンと共に彷徨っていた。
そんな中、ある谷で奇妙な光景を目にする。

・アニメージュあらすじ
コントロールの定まらないラガンと彷徨うシモン。
そんな彼がとある谷で目にした光景は・・・。

・アニメディアあらすじ
シモンはコントロールの定まらないラガンと共に彷徨っていた。
そんな時、ある谷で奇妙な光景を目撃し、愕然とする。

Also it seems that episode 11, Shimon will left Gurren group with Nia to meet the spiral king. :\ I am trying to find the source, just reading what ppl are discussing about it rightnow.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:25   Link #68
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Any confirmation on Kamima's, y'know, in episode eight? I heard back when this was but one single topic that some magazine said he'll appear in nine, and given Gainax's trolling tendancies I'm both unsurprised and annoyed if that would be the case.
Old 2007-05-21, 02:00   Link #69
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Any confirmation on Kamima's, y'know, in episode eight? I heard back when this was but one single topic that some magazine said he'll appear in nine, and given Gainax's trolling tendancies I'm both unsurprised and annoyed if that would be the case.
All signs point to Kamina staying dead.
Old 2007-05-21, 05:19   Link #70
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I just rewatched episode one the beginning.
I always thought it was kamina at the start.
Now i see he has a drill in his hand.
At the robot it's even bigger than the daiganzan. it's only part of the head.

Robots will get bigger, simon will get older. My god this is going to be epic
Old 2007-05-21, 08:13   Link #71
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
All signs point to Kamina staying dead.
There is some crazy theory...from 2ch btw, but my own version..I guess its from ep 8 preview of "what is human, really?" and this pic..

Rossui: Leron-san, what are you doing?
Leron: I am analyzing Kamina's pilot data, I have been collecting pilot data since the first day they got into Gammen. This is for Kamina, this is for Shimon.
Rossui: hmm...what can you do with them?
Leron: We should be able to move Gammen using these data alone. like this... *press a key press, Gurren starts moving.
Rossui: That is amazing!
Leeron: Yes, this way we might be able to move Lagann even if Shimon is not able to....
Leeron:..It is weird isn't it? that we are able to collect human as a form of data. What are human, really?...
Rossui: ....or should we say that that is Kamina san who have turn into data..

.....don't do that Gainax, don't turn Kamina into another EVA01
Old 2007-05-21, 08:31   Link #72
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:

Leron: I am analyzing Kamina's pilot data, I have been collecting pilot data since the first day they got into Gammen. This is for Kamina, this is for Shimon.
Leron: We should be able to move Gammen using these data alone. like this... *press a key press, Gurren starts moving.
Leeron: Yes, this way we might be able to move Lagann even if Shimon is not able to....
Leeron:..It is weird isn't it? that we are able to collect human as a form of data. What are human, really?...
Rossui: ....or should we say that that is Kamina san who have turn into data..

.....don't do that Gainax, don't turn Kamina into another EVA01
I don't think they'll do that, considering the dialog it's by Nia. :P
Old 2007-05-21, 08:42   Link #73
quina

Its a joke obviously. Let's see if I can revise this..

Nia: yes, What are human, really?
Leeron: ah, Nia-chan. You were here.
Nia: Shimon said that human are (*put stuffs that Shimon told Nia here), and I think he is right. There is no way that data can match MY shimon.
Leeron: yes, you are right. and this is not Kamina either..
Rossui: ........

(obviously I am getting off to fantasy land here.. better get to work..)

Last edited by quina; 2007-05-21 at 10:17.
Old 2007-05-21, 09:34   Link #74
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

That's some wild speculation.
Old 2007-05-21, 10:00   Link #75
orion

But it would sort of answer how Simon in ep. 1 was able to "spin on" without inserting the drill.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:59   Link #76
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
That's some wild speculation.
Indeed it is. But I do believe that something like that will happen, Simon is probably going to pilot Gurren-Lagann alone.
Old 2007-05-21, 19:05   Link #77
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
Indeed it is. But I do believe that something like that will happen, Simon is probably going to pilot Gurren-Lagann alone.
well, it you were reading other posts in tread at all. You probably notice that cannon image above. Someone (or an AI) is piloting Gurren. It won't be Shimon alone.
Old 2007-05-21, 19:09   Link #78
aardvark

Quote:
well, it you were reading other posts in tread at all. You probably notice that cannon image above. Someone (or an AI) is piloting Gurren. It won't be Shimon alone.
Im thinking it might be Rossiu? I mean they went the extra mile to have him pilot in episode 6, and besides I really can't think of what else he'd be doing if he wasnt piloting.
Old 2007-05-22, 11:32   Link #79
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Yes, I had seen that pic, what I meant was that Simon would pilot Gurren-Lagann(when they are united) alone.
Old 2007-05-22, 14:06   Link #80
Rusty Frozbite
Wait, what ?

Send a message via MSN to Rusty Frozbite
Heh I've been thinking about something : at the very beginning of the series, we can see a...something flying through space (later we see that's the Daiganzan the Gurren Lagann Brigade hijacked). Onboard there's Simon (who looks like Kamina then, but the voices are different and he's got the drill in his hand) who's the leader of the new Gurren Lagann Brigade.
And then, if I trust AiA I-Z's translation, one of the crew member say : "Every lights across the heavens is an ennemy ?" and after that Simon says () "We'll crush them...and space-time !" and there's something said about a "Grand Dimensional Shogunate".
My thoughts about it : The series' name is "Breaking through heaven : Gurren Lagann"...maybe several years after episode 8's events Simon's trying to...break through heaven (why ? Because Kamina's dead and he wants him back) and/or modify the timeline in order to avoid Kamina's death...(did you say Evangelion ? )
I think that around episode 13 we'll skip several years forward to see a grown-up Simon, leader of Gurren Lagann.