3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-24, 16:36   Link #61
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
That actually seemed like he was critizing himself rather than her. Emilia seemed to have picked up on it too. He's hurting a ton and he can't even hide that anymore.
Oh that is an interesting thought. It's very possible Subaru is projecting his failure and flaws onto Emilia. He doesn't really know her at all despite his undying (lol) feelings for her, so its probably easy for him to do it at this point.
Old 2016-07-24, 16:37   Link #62
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Since this series seems to be going for the seven sins motif, what interpretation of pride is Subaru showing? That everyone should just get what's he's saying without taking into account their awareness and circumstances?

With that, wonder if other characters are showing other aspects.
Roswall is showing a bit of wrath.

Rem with her sacrificing herself so hard each time for Subaru might be something, and not just total affection.
Subaru is probably pride because he's prideful about his achievements and for being always there to save everyone, that's my guess. Just watch episode 13 again and you'll see that.

Last edited by Tong; 2016-07-24 at 17:42.
Tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 16:42   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There is so much uncertainty in this episode that I can't know what to think right now.

This freaking whale! I don't get how it works or how it will interact with Subaru's Return by Death or anything! Plus if this whale erases people it eats....why would anyone be afraid of it? It's a creature that apparently never kills anyone right? Except it did kill that one swordsman but didn't eat him? Ok? I don't know.

Will Rem come back? She better, but I don't know she will. In a sense Emilia's death is almost secondary since you know she'll just be back next episode after Subaru dies. That'll be fine. It's far more concerning with Rem since we don't know what will happen.

The Witch as well remains totally hard to read. That power is completely malicious. It tries to scare Subaru into staying quiet before and when it realizes that doesn't matter it then kills the person in front of him. What is up with that? It's like this power refuses to directly harm Subaru past just giving him a scare or frankly being a jerk that is openly mocking him.

Frankly I'm just concerned about how this situation will continue. I don't think Rem would be gone for good, but there's no guarantee she's back next episode either. But it's hardly going to be Subaru's rise to recovery if Rem is gone. It won't be much of an accomplishment if she's not back.

What will even happen when that whale dies? Nothing or some kind of return of memory? I don't know. It feels like this episode can be summed up as "holy crap.....and I don't know."
Old 2016-07-24, 16:54   Link #64
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just wondering how that first swordsman didn't get erased from history. Maybe he wasn't devoured?

I mean for Subaru it could just a side effect of his ripple effect proof memory.

I totally understand Subaru being such an incoherent mess. He's probably panicking so hard he probably can't even think of lying, let alone string together a coherent one.

Lets hope that Rem's erasure isn't something that happens retroactively. That would suck the most.

As for Puck calling her his daughter... "musume" can also mean "girl" iirc.

Also, since no one has exclaimed this yet:

Being Subaru is suffering.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 16:57   Link #65
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm just wondering how that first swordsman didn't get erased from history. Maybe he wasn't devoured?
Yeah, it was a whole subjugation force. It's possible there was someone to pick up his corpse and escape.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 16:58   Link #66
Jaden

About time for Subaru to realize how amazing the witch is. There doesn't seem to be any limits to her power, so he can go ahead and die as many times as it takes. His enemies don't show any mercy, so it's time for him to become cold-blooded as well. We get that it's painful, but by now I want to see him put on an evil grin as he bites his tongue and drowns in his own blood. That's the only way he can win.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:05   Link #67
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
About time for Subaru to realize how amazing the witch is. There doesn't seem to be any limits to her power, so he can go ahead and die as many times as it takes. His enemies don't show any mercy, so it's time for him to become cold-blooded as well. We get that it's painful, but by now I want to see him put on an evil grin as he bites his tongue and drowns in his own blood. That's the only way he can win.
Considering how scared out of his mind Subaru was when the whale approached and how he started screaming about how he doesn't want to die, I don't think he has it in him to become cold blooded.

Subaru also still doesn't understand the ability completely. All this episode did was show him that the witch isn't above going after other people if he tries to tell them he has the ability. For all Subaru knows, he has a finite number of respawns at each checkpoint.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:07   Link #68
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I was wondering in the beginning why didn't Subaru kill himself to return to the "checkpoint" where Rem existed rather than going on to the next stage with less rings?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:10   Link #69
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This freaking whale! I don't get how it works or how it will interact with Subaru's Return by Death or anything! Plus if this whale erases people it eats....why would anyone be afraid of it? It's a creature that apparently never kills anyone right? Except it did kill that one swordsman but didn't eat him? Ok? I don't know.
Uhm, by sheer size and speed alone that thing is terrifying. It's *faster* than a dragon mount and it literally blinds anywhere around it with mist... it's not even the *fact* that it kills people that makes it scary (like when you spot a gigantic bug in your room).
Dont forget about the people who survived to tell the story.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:15   Link #70
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
The other sins have already been estabilished as the rest of the Cult Bishops.

pic

Subaru is probably pride because he's prideful about his achievements and for being always there to save everyone, that's my guess. Just watch episode 13 again and you'll see that.
Those aren't cult bishops and that image is from vol 8 which the anime hasn't covered (we are on v6) so you should delete that,
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:18   Link #71
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I was wondering in the beginning why didn't Subaru kill himself to return to the "checkpoint" where Rem existed rather than going on to the next stage with less rings?
He's scared of dying. You can see him say it in the episode.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:19   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Hm, by sheer size and speed alone that thing is terrifying. It's *faster* than a dragon mount and it literally blinds anywhere around it with mist... it's not even the fact that it kills people that makes it scary (like when you spot a gigantic bug in your room).
Don't forget about the people who survived to tell the story.
I still think the thing should be considered more a curiosity by the fact that to the common knowledge it doesn't bother eating people. And I do think the casualties that don't result in eaten people are a good reason for people to be scared of it. People are startled by large bugs, but are definitely scared of an impending disaster coming their way.

And frankly if I see a big bug in the room I'm just going to kill it.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:23   Link #73
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That swordsman story is dam suspicious isn't it? I'm going with the theory someone knifed him in the back and blamed it on the whale.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:32   Link #74
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
He's scared of dying. You can see him say it in the episode.
It amuses me how people keep expecting him to "hit reset" every time something doesn't go his way. Like dying's so easy and all...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:37   Link #75
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I know that I sure wouldn't be able to "hit reset" whenever I wanted to. I'd probably be far more screwed up than Subaru in the head by now as well.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:38   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It amuses me how people keep expecting him to "hit reset" every time something doesn't go his way. Like dying's so easy and all...
Yeah, but one of the last times he was so desperated to kill himself he threw him from a cliff. Of course everybody is afraid of dying, but Subaru had a lot of determination to hit reset.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:39   Link #77
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I know that I sure wouldn't be able to "hit reset" whenever I wanted to. I'd probably be far more screwed up than Subaru in the head by now as well.
That makes two of us, then.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 17:39   Link #78
Jaden

We get it, dying is scary, at least for the first 10 times or so. He's gonna get over it eventually. This would be a good time.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:40   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Just shows the difference of situation . Rationally it makes sense to hit a reset button when things go bad. But...people don't think suicide is that comfortable right? Subaru has only done that once and it required a serious effort and level of commitment to do it. The moment he starts killing himself at every inconvenience then his entire mental state might fall apart. Someone who easily discards his own life can hardly be expected to value the life of others.

He has to keep wanting to live. And it makes sense that he does. The previous arcs should make that clear. He does lose something every time he dies. The memories of those around him and his connections to them. After having to re-start his connection to Rem and Ram in the second arc....I'd expect him to value staying alive and allowing those connections to remain intact.

The second someone "gets over" dying they could easily become a monster. People are asking Subaru to become a sociopath here. Just get over the loss of bonds and relationships. Get over seeing the people you care about dead. Get over the pain of dying. Yeah, that sounds really simple.
Old 2016-07-24, 17:42   Link #80
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Those aren't cult bishops and that image is from vol 8 which the anime hasn't covered (we are on v6) so you should delete that,
oh they are not? sorry about that, got bad informed