AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 07:55   Link #61
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

being trolled =/= you trolling me.

It was my own imagination that trolled me here.
Old 2014-10-07, 09:44   Link #62
whitecloud

oh, yeah...why rin or archer cant detect blondie when he is talking to sakura? he is not human after all
Old 2014-10-07, 09:51   Link #63
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
oh, yeah...why rin or archer cant detect blondie when he is talking to sakura? he is not human after all
Actually he is. He was given true incarnation by the Grail at the end of the previous war. It's why he can't change into spirit form anymore like regular Servants do.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 11:10   Link #64
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
He's not human, but he has a proper body, so I don't think he is counted as a servant any more in that sense.
Old 2014-10-09, 20:55   Link #65
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Do we get YOROKOBE this week? I'm excited.
Old 2014-10-09, 20:56   Link #66
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
Do we get YOROKOBE this week? I'm excited.
That should happen next week. This week's episode will be the prologue but from Shirou's point of view.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 21:12   Link #67
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Hmm, I don't really remember if there was all that much content in that to justify 50 mins tho? I don't think there is a whole lot until Saber's introduction.

They might add a bunch of original content I guess.
Old 2014-10-09, 21:41   Link #68
GDB

There's plenty. The DEEnime didn't get to Saber's summoning until the last few seconds of episode 2. So even if ufotable were to skimp on Shirou's side of the prologue (re: they won't), they wouldn't get any further than where Rin's ended anyway, which would be after said scene + Saber vs Lancer. There's no chance a Yorokobe will be in this week's episode.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 04:31   Link #69
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's plenty. The DEEnime didn't get to Saber's summoning until the last few seconds of episode 2. So even if ufotable were to skimp on Shirou's side of the prologue (re: they won't), they wouldn't get any further than where Rin's ended anyway, which would be after said scene + Saber vs Lancer. There's no chance a Yorokobe will be in this week's episode.
From what I read from people who wrote summaries about the episode 1 pre-air, the episode ends right after the command spell scene (i.e. where UBW diverges from Fate by having Archer unharmed).
Old 2014-10-11, 02:18   Link #70
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Boy the comparison of DeenUBW and ufoUBW is seriously the greatest thing to happen. I want more Deen-shaming.

About the fight portrayed in anime different to the fight portrayed in VN,
Archer WAS aggressive at the beginning, ufotable only added a bit more blows and parries then it continued like normal. e.g. Lancer: "You fool!" and he closes in. I think this makes the start of the fight more natural as Archer would want to draw Lancer far from Rin and that Lancer underestimates Archer then.

Since we are viewing the fight mostly from Rin's POV, stuff like shockwaves (or flying colours) are used to show exactly how powerful blows from Servants can be. The alternating colours of Red and Blue is for the colour aesthetic of the battle and in my opinion, it works very well. Ridiculously fast action is also portrayed as Rin comments in the VN that there are only afterimages.

Rin also says that while Lancer's hits (thrusts and swings) are fatal, Archer is a Servant so "no ordinary blow is fatal." So there’s that.

Archer does repel a thrust to his forehead (In anime, it was when Lancer went "Muaaaah!") and redirects it just as how Rin explains it.

Lancer's (not that much) difficulty in battle was because of Command Seal (but not yet revealed) and his underestimating a bowman was commented as well by Rin.

Lancer's run into the building after blown away by Archer was supposed to show 1. Lancer's underestimating of Archer 2. a strong mark to show Lancer shifting into high gear. And as such, Lancer does get faster after his run into the building and start to overwhelm Archer into losing his one blade. (albeit short compared to the VN but that is either extended in BD or left as it is as it fits the battle choreography.)

Then Lancer comments "That was stupid." (HorribleSubs) or "Idiot" (Beast's Lair RN) and goes in to kill with one instant. Differences are in anime, it was a slomo and to show impact and dread, it was only one thrust. In the VN, it was three thrusts done quickly.

Then anime continues faithfully (while adding in foreshadowing) with Archer summoning his two swords. Lancer's line of "a bowman trying to be a swordsman." follows.

The intense exchange of lance and swords shown explicitly in VN is exchanged for shots of the empty school. This is to both show how strong a heated battle is and sounds like, and to foreshadow the student overhearing the battle. Archer breaking his swords and regaining them are shown explicitly in anime though not 27 times as that would be too redundant.

Lancer's line about disarming Archer 27 times and their conversation are faithful. Dreadful atmosphere of Lancer's Noble Phantasm isn't as captured in anime though that may be shown explicitly when Lancer uses it against Saber, inverted colours and hearbeats and all. Then students pops up and interrupts the fight.

All in all, the anime followed the VN faithfully. The only differences are the small spar at the beginning, Lancer's run into the building, and the thrust/s after disarming Archer when he was single wielding.

The complaint about physics? Servants are ridiculously superhuman. And the issue about the ground breaking when Archer forces Lancer to the building not matching can be fixed with redraws in the BD. That or the explanation is that Lancer jumps towards the school after pushed down by Archer.

I really don't understand phishmeister68's beef with the action scene. It was faithful and improved upon from the VN.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 04:00   Link #71
HtwoN

The fight was good in general. It feels like a dream when comparing to DEEN's. The following fights will be more epic, I hope.

I was more pleased by the way they portrayed Rin. Ufotable knew how to make a good tsundere. Her conversation with Archer was so good. Just 1 episode and she established herself as a lovely character already. (Nasu agrees with me )

And that Gundam launch scene when she escaping from the rooftop is really something. +1 to Ufotable for this. In the VN, it only takes 1 frame. DEEN's version is shit btw.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 04:32   Link #72
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
The fight was good in general. It feels like a dream when comparing to DEEN's. The following fights will be more epic, I hope.

I was more pleased by the way they portrayed Rin. Ufotable knew how to make a good tsundere. Her conversation with Archer was so good. Just 1 episode and she established herself as a lovely character already. (Nasu agrees with me )

And that Gundam launch scene when she escaping from the rooftop is really something. +1 to Ufotable for this. In the VN, it only takes 1 frame. DEEN's version is shit btw.
The following fights SHOULD be more epic. Note that both Archer and Lancer were holding back in this first fight. What more if they can go all out?

This is the major accomplishment of ufotable in Episode 0. The laid out the tsundere template for Rin and developed around it to the point she is a three dimensional character already. Heck alot of reviewers that I go to have a large section in their review for episode 0 just talking about how well developed Rin is as a character by the end of the episode. based ufotable is best.

This scene came out as I imagined as I was reading the VN. The only difference was that I thought circuits would appear on her arm first (because of Magic Circuit) then glow in and appear on her legs.

Deen FSN would always be crap compared to ufotable FSN.
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 09:45   Link #73
GDB

I think they only glow on her arm because of her Crest, which would only activate if she uses magic from it (Gandr, mostly).
Old 2014-10-11, 10:07   Link #74
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
This is the major accomplishment of ufotable in Episode 0. The laid out the tsundere template for Rin and developed around it to the point she is a three dimensional character already. Heck alot of reviewers that I go to have a large section in their review for episode 0 just talking about how well developed Rin is as a character by the end of the episode. based ufotable is best.
Agreed.

Just wait until when she shows her sadist side when teasing Shirou.
Old 2014-10-11, 11:59   Link #75
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

You know, after watching episode 1...

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-11, 20:16   Link #76
HtwoN

Anyone except me feels like that this Saber is better than FZ Saber?

She is like a goddess of the battlefield without saying about chivalry and sh**. Those elegant, decisive moves...

I feel like that I can't stand Saber and FZ!Lancer duel in FZ after this.
Old 2014-10-11, 20:24   Link #77
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Anyone except me feels like that this Saber is better than FZ Saber?
IMO, she lacks that stuck-up atmosphere that she had in FZ and the VN... which is a good thing IMO.
Old 2014-10-11, 20:27   Link #78
GDB

Do you not remember her mentally breaking during her fight with Berserker? That was the entire point of her story in Fate/Zero.
Old 2014-10-11, 20:30   Link #79
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Do you not remember her mentally breaking during her fight with Berserker? That was the entire point of her story in Fate/Zero.
Hmm, so the mentally broken Saber is better than the normal Saber...

I feel irony...
Old 2014-10-11, 20:37   Link #80
novalysis

Quote:
Hmm, so the mentally broken Saber is better than the normal Saber...

I feel irony...
Isn't a mentally broken Saber just a short step away from Saber Alter?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote