AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 06:48   Link #61
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I still find the whole Rinnegan belonging to Madara to be bull. It is cheap that he has it, but for him to have had it and planned it in the beginning...give me a break.
Old 2010-09-23, 07:27   Link #62
nubby

Why the hell does Madara need a mask? Seriously. It's getting old Kishi.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:36   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Aw man, this chapter was so sad and touching. I really felt it deep
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 07:41   Link #64
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Why the hell does Madara need a mask? Seriously. It's getting old Kishi.
Why did only the upper parts of his mask shatter when fighting Konan? Obviously every inch of Madara's face is mysterious, and Kishi is revealing it bit by bit.

Since he has two eyeholes now, I suppose Madara no longer intends to hide his Izanagi eye.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:09   Link #65
Alchemist007
*Author

Pretty touching chapter. Cute frog outfits and Konan having a moment with Yahiko.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:11   Link #66
james0246

Well, that was a waste of time. 3.5 pages of story, and 14.5 of needless flashback for a side character that doesn't even have a last name...

(Also, page 11 or 12 (depednign on scanlation) is the page that will launch a 1000 fanfictions...)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 08:12   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

I thought about it...but I think I'll leave it be.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:19   Link #68
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, that was a waste of time. 3.5 pages of story, and 14.5 of needless flashback for a side character that doesn't even have a last name...

(Also, page 11 or 12 (depednign on scanlation) is the page that will launch a 1000 fanfictions...)
Most of the Akatsuki members don't have a last name, what is your point?
Old 2010-09-23, 08:28   Link #69
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Most of the Akatsuki members don't have a last name, what is your point?
And none of them got 14.5 pages of flashback (in fact, none of them did). That's my point. Konan was essentially a tertiary character, she did not deserve an entire chapter dedicated to her life story (added to her other flashbacks, she had 20 some pages of flashback). Her fight may have been good, but that's not good enough reason for an entire chapter to be wasted on her life.

Kishimoto could have cut this down to 7-8 pages (at most 10), and I would have been fine with the flashback (it's still pointless, but better the info be shown in the chapters rather than in the data books), but he went to 14.5 pages instead, effectively dedicating an entire chapter to a story (presumably) the majority of fans do not care about.
Old 2010-09-23, 08:32   Link #70
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Oh james, you silly. I carry on reading Naruto because it manages to make me care about its characters, no matter how much of a redshirt they are. Some other shounen *cough* Bleach *cough* don't give me that at all. In fact, in those, I can barely manage caring about the main protagonists.

The part with Yahiko was cute and I loved Jiraiya's quirkiness.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 08:44   Link #71
james0246

^The only part of the flashback I liked was the 'alleged' closeness between Yahiko and Konan (the panel that launched a 1000 fanfics). I thought that was well done. But the whole hideout sequence made little sense, and the symbolic extent of the sequence (to show Konan's death) was far too heavy handed and impractical for my tastes
Old 2010-09-23, 08:48   Link #72
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Ok, why am I so surprised that Naruto can actually cause me to tear up every now and then? It always happens when characters that have somehow had an impact on Naruto's life die or he had an impact on them. Haku and Zabuza, Gaara, Sandaime Hokage, Minato and Kushina, and now Konan. Yeah, some people aren't going to like the flashback dedicated to Konan exclusively, but you know, its nice to have Kishimoto remember the side-characters again. Who knows when he will get to work on the others that he has neglected over he years...

-Guess we get to wait, what is it, 3 weeks before the next chapter continues on?
Old 2010-09-23, 09:04   Link #73
ZeroForever

honestly i had trouble finding the effort to care at all about Konan or this chapter....

maybe it's some of the terrible designs (seriously madara should just wear a bulls eye for his mask) that turned me off but seriously the regurgiated and overly complex without meaning much flashback wasn't amusing to me in the slightest.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:17   Link #74
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Yahiko x Konan was already sort of canon in fanart and fanfics because of Pain(always represented by the Yahiko body) x Konan. But don't expect a spike because of these panels. Unless you are part of the Konoha 11 + Sasuke, Kakashi, Gaara, or Akatsuki yaoi squad, you don't get much fanfic about you to begin with.

And it's really frustrating that Kishi can only write romance when he knows the characters are dead or will soon die. Romance he doesn't have to follow up on.

Dan x Tsunade
Asuma x Kurenai
Minato x Kushina
Yahiko x Kanon

Notice a pattern here?

So does anyone really want NaruHina, NaruSaku, NaruKarin/Karui, SasuSaku, or ShikaTema to happen?

Also disappointed Konan didn't booby trap the bodies.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:27   Link #75
Kallen4life

my thoughts :

1) there is no way Madara had the Rinnegan himself and gave it to Nagato .. I don't see how it's possible .. as in where did he get it from and WHY ? why maybe justified in that his body was weak and he needed someone else to use it - but still HUGE risk and Nagato wound up a cripple anyway .. and how - maybe his Sharingan mutated into it after he stole Hashiramas power - but how come he had his EMS all this time then .. ? no sense

the theory with Nagato's mom being an Uzumaki woman is much better (his dead flashback folks are obviously foster .. and Ame was chosen as the perfect place to breed PAIN) .. I see 2 possibilities :
- Madara gave Nagato a Sharingan, wiped his memories of it and later it mutated and erupted as Rinnegan - due to Mom's Senju (Uzumaki) blood
- Madara is Nagatos father - Uchiha blood + Senju (Uzumaki) blood = instant Rinnegan .. although maybe it was only possible because of Madaras strong Uchiha blood

2) the whole Izanami thing supposedly requires a Sharingan eye to close after each use - soo, Rikudou Sage had it (Izanami .. he used it to split the Juubi), but he didn't have Sharingan eyes and I hardly think he had an entire arm of the eyes ala Danzou .. so for him Izanami worked without a price ? because of the Rinnegan ? and he was never shown using Mokuton either (although he might've had it) .. they way I see it Izanami just needs Uchiha AND Senju blood/DNA and not necesarilly Sharingan/Mokuton .. Danzou had some of Hashiramas DNA but no Uchiha blood, just the sharingans and that wasn't enough - because Madara said his Izanami was imperfect .. alternatively, Madara is BSing and his Izanami is the same as Danzous - that depends on whether his eye closed after he used it in battle with Konan (him anticipating such a thing might explain the one-eyed mask) .. if it did, then he IS BSing and Rinnegan is needed to make Izanami perfect .. if it didn't, then his strong Uchiha blood helped (and possibly just plain mastery .. or EMS .. too many theories =/)

but the original point was that Rikudou either paid no price for Izanami OR he used it just once, on deathbed, to split the Juubi and one of his Rinnegans closed then (sucks)

and the second point is that the Sharingan is not needed for Izanami - just Uchiha blood/DNA

3) I wonder if Madaras phasing had to do with EMS or it was his own jutsu .. I think the latter .. if it is the former, then I wouldn't be so sure Rinnegan is stronger then EMS - phasing is major hax .. although he obviously needs the Rinnegan either way - likely for Izanami and maybe to drag Juubis body back to Earth via gravity powers .. also it (Rinnegan) might have powers Nagato didn't know about

4) who else thinks after a Rinnegan wielder becomes the host for Juubi - Rinnegan changes into the same Sharinnegan as the Juubi has ?

5) not relevant, but the Juubi itself is most likely the origin of the Sharingan .. bijuu affect the host physically (think whiskers on Naruto), Juubi may have affected Rikudous DNA and later spawned the Sharingan in one of the brothers
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 09:43   Link #76
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
the theory with Nagato's mom being an Uzumaki woman is much better (his dead flashback folks are obviously foster .. and Ame was chosen as the perfect place to breed PAIN) ..
Do you have a source for that? Nagato's mom has red hair in his flashback, which happens to be Nagato's hair color. Madara also said red hair is a trademark for the Uzumaki clan. I don't know if that means that Nagato is an Uzumaki, or a Senju, or whatever, but the fact remains that both Nagato and his mom have red hair.

That said, his parents being foster parents is not so obvious at all.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:48   Link #77
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
And it's really frustrating that Kishi can only write romance when he knows the characters are dead or will soon die. Romance he doesn't have to follow up on.

Dan x Tsunade
Asuma x Kurenai
Minato x Kushina
Yahiko x Kanon

Notice a pattern here?

So does anyone really want NaruHina, NaruSaku, NaruKarin/Karui, SasuSaku, or ShikaTema to happen?
-Nice find there. So we've narrowed it down further to either Karin or Karui for Naruto's possible spouses. But since Karin has red-hair and since red hair means they must somehow be an Uzumaki (oh Trolldara), meaning Karin's Naruto's sister or something. So I guess Karui is...the only...option...Oh crap, I forgot that she has red hair too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Also disappointed Konan didn't booby trap the bodies.
-I'm pretty sure she didn't booby trap the bodies out of their significance to her. She wanted them to be at peace and desecrating dead bodies doesn't seem to be Konan's thing (we have Kabuto and Orochimaru for that). But she went to the trouble of gathering 600 billion explosives, so why she couldn't spare some to booby trap the enterance to her friend's resting places is beyond me.
Old 2010-09-23, 09:49   Link #78
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Do you have a source for that? Nagato's mom has red hair in his flashback, which happens to be Nagato's hair color. Madara also said red hair is a trademark for the Uzumaki clan. I don't know if that means that Nagato is an Uzumaki, or a Senju, or whatever, but the fact remains that both Nagato and his mom have red hair.

That said, his parents being foster parents is not so obvious at all.
well .. you do have a point .. I just thought why would they be in Rain if she's an Uzumaki - although there can be many explanations for that

also, I don't even remember if they were ninja tbh - but they did go down like a sack of bricks to fodder!Konoha chunin/jonin - I somehow assumed because they were fodder!foster

yeah, this needs more thought .. although if Madara is Dad, then the other dad at least is foster

I also think Madara would prefer to get rid of his real parents, so they wouldn't get in his way of manipulating Nagato .. and placing Nagato in the middle of a wartorn Ame to make him know pain (and agree to the Big Plan later etc.) is somethng Madara would do .. and if Nagato dies - try again with the son of another Uzumaki woman

although whether the ones killed back then were real or not doesn't matter so much ... we just need to clarify (Kishi needs to clarify) where did the Rinnegan pop up from

on a side note - Kabuto still has a big-ass snake sticking out of his .. well .. ass .. sad, isn't it ? the price to pay for forbidden jutsu
Old 2010-09-23, 10:21   Link #79
SeanQ

Lol really? Everyone now knows it's Madara...what does he need to hide..."I wonder what could possible be behind the mask?!" ... "a sharingan" oh wait...his mask already reveals it -_-
Old 2010-09-23, 10:26   Link #80
Kallen4life

mask is rule of cool

me like mask

Tags
weekly chapter discussion