Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 06:43   Link #61
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
another deathflag .. who want to bet how many Akatsuki members will survive by the end of the serie?
Just one. The one we don't want surviving.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 07:07   Link #62
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Just one. The one we don't want surviving.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 08:20   Link #63
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
My thought exatly, couldn't Bee and Naruto spam their biju forms and break the prison ans catch the shark.

This here is one of the ways for Naruto to end, it would be cool if Kishi makes it this way
Amazing that some people still argue he's not Madara. Obviously we don't know what's behind the mask, but he himself has stated several times that he is Madara. He has the trademark wrinkles under his eyes that we saw Madara has. He had the trademark long hair that we saw Madara has. Until said otherwise, he is Madara.

Well, what can I say. Way back I never would have imagined that Kisame would outlive most of the other Akatsuki members, but it looks like he did.
Old 2010-09-02, 08:57   Link #64
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Amazing that some people still argue he's not Madara. Obviously we don't know what's behind the mask, but he himself has stated several times that he is Madara. He has the trademark wrinkles under his eyes that we saw Madara has. He had the trademark long hair that we saw Madara has. Until said otherwise, he is Madara.
Well i can call myself the king of england a thousand times... that won't make it true

really one may simply ask, why does Tobi wear that mask? the whole point of a mask is to hide the character's identity, so if tobi's got nothing to hide anymore then why does he still where it... wouldn't the kage summit be a good time to take off the mask, revealing himself to the world?

on a side note, kishi has been oddly inconsistant with Tobi... In his fight with minato his hair was short, then when he met itachi his hair was long, and now his hair is short again... what exactly is the point of all that? kinda makes me wonder if kishi originally thought "hey i'll make tobi madara" but then back tracked saying "no wait, he's only gonna pretend to be madara"...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 09:29   Link #65
JustRob

Obviously Madara still has some secrets. I don't know what is up with his face, personally I think it's something with his right (left?) eye, the one without a hole. He is Madara, but there's more to it then that, there is something about him not yet revealed. He didn't mind showing Sasuke, but apparently he does not want everyone else to see his face, so it might be something related to the Uchiha clan.

As for the hair, there was a considerable span between his fight with Minato and the massacre of the Uchiha clan. But you're right, it's odd.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:11   Link #66
james0246

So, why didn't Konan simply destroy the Rinnegan, or Nagato's body? It seems ridiculous if she didn't, especially considering how likely it is for for then ninja nations to attempt to steal bloodlines...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:18   Link #67
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, why didn't Konan simply destroy the Rinnegan, or Nagato's body? It seems ridiculous if she didn't, especially considering how likely it is for for then ninja nations to attempt to steal bloodlines...
Everyone knows the only way to destroy the Rinnegan is to cast it into the fires of Mt. Doom

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:25   Link #68
JustRob

Quote:
When she took the bodies she said Nagato and Yahiko were important to her. It would be a bit weird for her to rip apart their bodies or burn them, even if it meant that someone would come after the Rinnegan.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:32   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I understand she wouldn't want to desecrate Nagato's body by taking out his eyes and destroying them but it is really worth risking the lives of the entire world? I mean come on.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:35   Link #70
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I understand she wouldn't want to desecrate Nagato's body by taking out his eyes and destroying them but it is really worth risking the lives of the entire world? I mean come on.
She is doing the same thing Naruto does. By trying to save Sasuke insted of killing him he brought danger to the entire world.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:38   Link #71
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

The loss of an eye shouldn't be a factor when using Edo Tensei. Otherwise Sasori wouldn't even have his old body back.

Those two weak ninja better get eaten by the sharks, when someone like Kisame easily got ripped to shreds.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:42   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
The loss of an eye shouldn't be a factor when using Edo Tensei. Otherwise Sasori wouldn't even have his old body back.
Actually the technique involves using asacrifice's body as a vessel for the soul of whoever is being revived, with dirt and ash encasing them to resemble the original body of the person being resurrected:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoni...d_Resurrection

Then again, the two Senju ressurections were still capable of Wood release when they fought Sarutobi, even though that requires a Kekkei Genkai.
Old 2010-09-02, 10:47   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
When she took the bodies she said Nagato and Yahiko were important to her. It would be a bit weird for her to rip apart their bodies or burn them, even if it meant that someone would come after the Rinnegan.
You don't leave a nuclear bomb, that everyone knows about, just lying unless you want it stolen. I don't care how much Kanon loved Nagato, she is an idiot if she did not destroy the Rinnegan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Those two weak ninja better get eaten by the sharks, when someone like Kisame easily got ripped to shreds.
It's not that Kisame was defeated by the sharks, rather Kisame made his sharks eat him. Additionally, the trap was merely meant to keep the others busy so one lone shark summon could escape...
Old 2010-09-02, 10:50   Link #74
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

No offense to Konan or anything, but Madara'a gonna destroy her. It's not even a contest.
Old 2010-09-02, 11:00   Link #75
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The only way for Konan to stop Madara from killing her is pre-emptively killing herself.

Kisame really had the most pathetic death of all Akatsuki members, its really sad because I had such high hopes for him considering he was one of the last members left and he single handedly took down the 4 tails.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:07   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Kisame really had the most pathetic death of all Akatsuki members, its really sad because I had such high hopes for him considering he was one of the last members left and he single handedly took down the 4 tails.
Hidan had the most pathetic "death"; He walked into a trap, gloated, smirked, gloated some more, then fell in/was pushed into a hole and died. That's pathetic (yes, I know I am simplifying the fight). Kisame, similar to Itachi, killed himself in order to protect what he believes in (namely Madara). That's kind of the whole point of the flashback and Gai explaining just how good of a Shinobi Kisame was...
Old 2010-09-02, 11:09   Link #77
JustRob

Quote:
You don't leave a nuclear bomb, that everyone knows about, just lying unless you want it stolen. I don't care how much Kanon loved Nagato, she is an idiot if she did not destroy the Rinnegan.
Ofcourse she's an idiot, it's a foolish thing to do (or to not do), I'm just telling you her reasons.

Anyway, I just hope they won't skip to Naruto & gang now and a few chapters later show Madara standing over Konan's dead body. They shouldn't reveal all of Madara's tricks quite yet, but it would be nice for them to pique our curiousity a bit more.
Old 2010-09-02, 11:13   Link #78
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
Then again, the two Senju ressurections were still capable of Wood release when they fought Sarutobi, even though that requires a Kekkei Genkai.
I think Madara needs Rinnegan to resurrect the Jyuubi and become its jinchuuriki. He mentioned that most humans couldn't handle being the Jyuubi host but Rikudou Sennin could because of Rinnegan.

Edo Tensei may can replicate Rinnegan's powers in Nagato's faux-body but it won't actually give Madara what he needs which is the eye itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob
Anyway, I just hope they won't skip to Naruto & gang now and a few chapters later show Madara standing over Konan's dead body. They shouldn't reveal all of Madara's tricks quite yet, but it would be nice for them to pique our curiousity a bit more.
We've already seen him fight a Hokage, I don't think he'd have to pull out all the stops against Konan.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:24   Link #79
crazydom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The only way for Konan to stop Madara from killing her is pre-emptively killing herself.

This was the best death any Akatsuki has gotten by far. In his death not only did he die like a true shinobi, sacrificing himself for the truth he desired so much but he managed to completely screw over 4 of the strongest good guys alive and get the scroll away.
crazydom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:31   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
Obviously Madara still has some secrets. I don't know what is up with his face, personally I think it's something with his right (left?) eye, the one without a hole. He is Madara, but there's more to it then that, there is something about him not yet revealed. He didn't mind showing Sasuke, but apparently he does not want everyone else to see his face, so it might be something related to the Uchiha clan.
Well if it was just his left eye, then he could just wear an eyepatch like Danzou or Ao did... When it comes to sasuke, madara only showed him his right eye, to show him the sharigan to prove who he was to sasuke; he did not show his whole face... Hell another thing i would bring up is last chapter we had madara, take of his mask COMPLETELY for the first time, only for the flashback to cut out before revealing his true face... is it any coincidence that kisame choose THAT moment to break free of the mind probe? and why doesn't Kishi want us the readers to see madara's real face?

Tobi's hiding something alright, and everything up to this point tells us that it has more to do than with a single eye and more concerned with his whole face... and this is why we have people who seriously question who tobi is, because one of the things that could be clarified by his face is that he is NOT really madara...

Quote:
As for the hair, there was a considerable span between his fight with Minato and the massacre of the Uchiha clan. But you're right, it's odd.
I'm speaking from more of a meta kingd of point of view... i mean yes it's possible for madara to grow out his hair and then cut it the question however is really "why"... When an author does something that seems odd, out of place, or that stands out there is generally some kind of reason or logic behind it... I find the hair to be one of those things, so i really ask what was kishi trying to tell the readers with that...

Quote:
What makes things even stupider is the simple fact that the Rinnegan falling into the hand of madara is probably the LAST thing Nagato would ever want. Keeping his body intact which in turn leads to the high risk of his eyes getting stolen would be the REAL desecration to his body... if he could have made a last wish it would have been to destroy his eyes
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion