AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-02-10, 14:04   Link #61
Frontier

Well, that and to milk money off nostalgia and anyone who wants the pre-New 52 continuities back for a few months .
Old 2015-02-10, 19:09   Link #62
Wandering Soul

It is basically a way for them to correct some of the changes that made people unhappy and appeal to their nostalgia.
Old 2015-02-14, 09:37   Link #63
GDB

So the (Teen) Titans show cast is alleged to be Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Barbara Gordon (Oracle, but without being called Oracle for some reason), Hawk, and Dove.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 11:25   Link #64
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So Dick Grayson, Babs and Starfire, huh? Annoying love triangle incoming
Old 2015-02-14, 17:22   Link #65
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
So Dick Grayson, Babs and Starfire, huh? Annoying love triangle incoming
I'd honestly be shocked if they didn't go for that, since it seems so obvious as something to do for romance drama .

But cool seeing Hawk and Dove (well, female Dove) being used here especially since that adds both two obscure Titans to the team and another girl to the team. Four female members on a founding roster of a superhero team is pretty surprising, but great in its own way .

Can't wait to see what the costumes look like. Particularly Starfire .
Old 2015-02-14, 20:33   Link #66
Wandering Soul

Nice that they are giving two lesser known heroes (Hawk and Dove) a chance to shine. Also yeah I see the possibility of a love triangle too. Now I'm looking forward to actors and costumes.
Old 2015-02-16, 02:28   Link #67
Frontier

For anyone wondering about, or having read the rumor of, John Diggle on Arrow actually being Green Lantern John Stewart...well:

Arrow Showrunner Says Diggle Is Not John Stewart, DC Has Other Plans For The Character

So it's sounding John Stewart will be showing up somewhere, likely the movies, if nothing else .

Guess that might also explain what DC had planned for Ted Kord...
Old 2015-02-16, 04:17   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Honestly I never really saw anything in the suspicions that Diggle was Green Lantern. Diggle is himself a character from the comics after all; I've been out of the comics loop for a long time, but I remember seeing him a long time ago in the DC comics when comics-Oliver was running for mayor.
Old 2015-02-16, 04:19   Link #69
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Honestly I never really saw anything in the suspicions that Diggle was Green Lantern. Diggle is himself a character from the comics after all; I've been out of the comics loop for a long time, but I remember seeing him a long time ago in the DC comics when comics-Oliver was running for mayor.
Are you sure? Because everything I've seen points to John Diggle being a creation from the show.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-16, 08:36   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Are you sure? Because everything I've seen points to John Diggle being a creation from the show.
It was a long time ago, but I distinctly remember thinking it was an odd name when they said it in the comic, and I remember recalling the character in the comics when Diggle was introduced in Arrow.
In the comics, Oliver was running for mayor (I believe this was after one of the major comics crossover events, the one where Superboy died I believe?) and he was outted as a supporter of the Outsiders by his political enemies, so he gave up the election and let Diggle take his place.
Old 2015-02-16, 22:47   Link #71
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

You're thinking on a lad called Tuckman, Ollie's campaing mánager when he became mayor after the One Year Later event (I think Judd Winnick was the one penning the title those days, not real sure), so the guy on Arrow it's indeed tv original..
Old 2015-02-17, 01:50   Link #72
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
You're thinking on a lad called Tuckman, Ollie's campaing mánager when he became mayor after the One Year Later event (I think Judd Winnick was the one penning the title those days, not real sure), so the guy on Arrow it's indeed tv original..
I have some doubts on that, but maybe Diggle was one of the other characters. Either way I know I've seen Diggle in the comics before. I distinctly remember thinking that Diggle is an odd name and not one I'd easily forget, and I also distinctly remember going "oh hey, it's that guy!" when they introduced him in Arrow.
Old 2015-02-17, 09:31   Link #73
GDB

Pretty sure the rumor was that Diggle's actor was going to be cast as John Stewart, not that Diggle himself would become Green Lantern.

Quote:
I have some doubts on that, but maybe Diggle was one of the other characters. Either way I know I've seen Diggle in the comics before. I distinctly remember thinking that Diggle is an odd name and not one I'd easily forget, and I also distinctly remember going "oh hey, it's that guy!" when they introduced him in Arrow.
(Andy) Diggle was the name of the writer for Green Arrow (Year One).
Old 2015-02-17, 09:43   Link #74
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

It definitely wasn't a staff member name I remembered. Honestly, I don't even know who is on the staff for any comic stuff other than Stan Lee for Marvel. And maybe Bob Kane or something was the creator of Batman?
Old 2015-02-17, 22:53   Link #75
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure the rumor was that Diggle's actor was going to be cast as John Stewart, not that Diggle himself would become Green Lantern.
Really? I've always pictured Idris Elba as the perfect John Stewart, specially since after they modeled one Green Lantern skin after him on Injustice, hence why this guy as John Stewart sounds so wrong to me

Quote:
There's a Diggle on the new continuity, but he was introduced after Arrow's debut, and as far as I know before that there wasn't any character named John Diggle, so the Arrow guy has to be tv original
Old 2015-02-17, 23:54   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
There's a Diggle on the new continuity, but he was introduced after Arrow's debut, and as far as I know before that there wasn't any character named John Diggle, so the Arrow guy has to be tv original
As I said I distinctly remembered seeing the name Jon Diggle somewhere in the comics when he was introduced in Arrow, and it definitely wasn't in the DC continuity reboot. I actually didn't even know that DC had rebooted its continuity until very recently....... (I seriously haven't touched comics in a looooooong time, my leisure time has been very focused on Japanese material, my big backlog of video games, and TV series >.< )
Old 2015-02-20, 01:08   Link #77
Frontier

#UniteTheSeven
Old 2015-02-20, 01:10   Link #78
GDB

Why is he not blond?
Old 2015-02-20, 01:25   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why is he not blond?
Uh... because Jason Momoa's not blonde and nobody cared to dye it, like Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell in non-flashbacks ?

Constantine and Supergirl are apparently the only exceptions .

At least they've still got some orange/gold on the armor/costume, and the pants look like they're still green. Not to mention the Aquaman belt .

And that trident .

Last edited by Frontier; 2015-02-20 at 01:41.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 04:22   Link #80
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

#UniteTheSeven
[cannotunsee]
Khal Drogo rising from the ashes and taking the seven kingdoms of Westeros.